NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today.

5 posters

Go down

I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today. Empty I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today.

Post by Syl Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:58 pm

"A manager at a bus company in Somerset left employees stunned when he sent a memo firing all of them at once.

In the memo sent out to employees of Nippy Bus, boss Sydney Hardy wrote: “There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you have had enough. I have had enough and realise I cannot work with you, the people I employ, a moment longer.”
Mr Hardy said that he was pursuing his dream of not having to work at the company anymore.
Staff were told not to return to work on Monday morning, with the memo reading, "gates are now closed and will not open so you [staff] can stay in your scratchers Monday and have a lie in".
It said: “There comes a time in any relationship when you have to say fuck it, say goodbye and move on."
The company website currently says that Nippy Bus has “ceased operational activity with immediate effect, 29th October 2017”.

The decision to cancel Nippy Bus services left locals in the area dismayed when children were unable to get to school on Monday morning."

Talk about selfish  Shocked

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bus-company-boss-fires-every-employee-so-he-can-pursue-his-dream-of-not-having-to-work-with-them-a3673401.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today. Empty Re: I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today.

Post by nicko Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Don't suppose the kids were upset !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today. Empty Re: I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today.

Post by Syl Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:06 pm

I bet his staff were though.
Not only did he give them no notice he insulted them into the bargain. Shocked

I wonder if any of them will try to sue.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Suspect

That idiot boss will be in deep shite over the next few months ==

*  broken contracts -- customers, suppliers, employees

*  unfair dismissal of workers, no notice of dismissal;

*  owed payments, dues to workers

*  the company will still have expenses, bills coming in...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:17 pm

What a charmer!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Tempting though it would be to down tools and 'follow your dreams' when you employ people you cant just do that on a whim because you don't like your staff.

Sydney Hardy's company 'Nippy bus' ran up to 17 buses....that's a lot of people who have lost their jobs with no warning.

I'm following my dreams...so you lot are fired as from today. 59f9a615180000051bdfd30a
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Maybe he's ill or having a breakdown. He can't just shut up shop, the monies he will have to pay out will be enormous.

He clearly hasn't thought this through
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Obviously not...its not as simple as emailing your staff that you are offskies and they are all fired.

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/employers-responsibilities-when-closing-down-business

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down