NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreams

+2
JulesV
gelico
6 posters

Go down

Dreams Empty Dreams

Post by gelico Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:27 pm

i very rarely dream

last night i had a dream that i had written a song.  well actually it was only part written.  i hadn't any words yet for the verses but i had a melody and i had a chorus that fitted.  it was great, cos i'm not musical at all.  i can only describe it as taylor swift style, it was really catchy and i was well chuffed.

so there must have been a small subsection of my mind that was aware that i was dreaming as i remember thinking in my dream ''how will i remember this tomorrow'' and worrying about it, and i don't write music or anything so the melody in my head meant nothing if i couldn't catch it and write it down,,,and i don't play any instrument so i just remember being so excited but stressed about not being able to keep it, then the dream faded i don't remember anything else

and today, fucked if i can remember anything about the melody or the chorus words but it was like i already knew that
was going to happen.  i think in my dream i was just hoping i could remember when i woke up, but i didn't

so many times i've felt on the verge of getting something,,,,,it kind of floats into my mind but before i can pin it down it floats off again

it felt so weird, never had anything like that before

i felt like i was in another dimension

i want to go back

Cool

anyone know anything about the psychology of dreams?,,,,,,didge?

oh, and another thing in my dream.

i was trying to get to my dad's house because he has like an electric piano/organ type thing in his gaff in the corner and i remember thinking ''if i can get to my dad's i could test out the melody there'' but worrying that i wouldn't have time to do it before i woke up

i knew i was dreaming

crazy weird

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Dreams Empty Re: Dreams

Post by Guest Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:46 pm

gelico wrote:i very rarely dream

last night i had a dream that i had written a song.  well actually it was only part written.  i hadn't any words yet for the verses but i had a melody and i had a chorus that fitted.  it was great, cos i'm not musical at all.  i can only describe it as taylor swift style, it was really catchy and i was well chuffed.

so there must have been a small subsection of my mind that was aware that i was dreaming as i remember thinking in my dream ''how will i remember this tomorrow'' and worrying about it, and i don't write music or anything so the melody in my head meant nothing if i couldn't catch it and write it down,,,and i don't play any instrument so i just remember being so excited but stressed about not being able to keep it, then the dream faded i don't remember anything else

and today, fucked if i can remember anything about the melody or the chorus words but it was like i already knew that
was going to happen.  i think in my dream i was just hoping i could remember when i woke up, but i didn't

so many times i've felt on the verge of getting something,,,,,it kind of floats into my mind but before i can pin it down it floats off again

i want to go back

Cool

i was trying to get to my dad's house because he has like an electric piano/organ type thing in his gaff in the corner and i remember thinking  ''if i can get to my dad's i could test out the melody there'' but worrying that i wouldn't have time to do it before i woke up

i knew i was dreaming

crazy weird

That is fascinating Gelico and have had it happen many times when I am concious that I am dreaming and in fact try to wake myself up. Which is extremely hard to do whilst in dream state. Yet have managed to do this, as I clearly have not like the dream, but when I have woken with a start I remeber it vividly. As if I was there. I have even been able sometimes to when drifting off find myself going back into the same dream with the intent to attempt to change it for the better. I have always found this odd about me, and how I am able after a struggle of attempting to. Be able to wake myself in this state. It can sometimes really freak me out lol. I have no idea how and why I am concious, knowing I am dreaming and yet asleep at the sametime. or how the hell I can sometimes fight to wake myself up. Its as if I am not in my body or something like that. Bit wierd to explain. As suddenlly boom and basically wake up with a start knowing full well I have been trying to wake myself.

You will no doubt find at some point at a later stage you will start to hum a tune and not understand why and it may well suddenlly hit you that was the tune you were dreaming of. You may even start to remmeber the chorus.

There is some science around this Gelico on how and who recalls their dreams

Here is so info

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323077.php#1

https://www.livescience.com/38856-why-people-recall-dreams.html

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:24 am

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:i very rarely dream

i want to go back

Cool

i was trying to get to my dad's house because he has like an electric piano/organ type thing in his gaff in the corner and i remember thinking  ''if i can get to my dad's i could test out the melody there'' but worrying that i wouldn't have time to do it before i woke up

i knew i was dreaming

crazy weird

That is fascinating Gelico and have had it happen many times when I am concious that I am dreaming and in fact try to wake myself up. Which is extremely hard to do whilst in dream state. Yet have managed to do this, as I clearly have not like the dream, but when I have woken with a start I remeber it vividly. As if I was there. I have even been able sometimes to when drifting off find myself going back into the same dream with the intent to attempt to change it for the better. I have always found this odd about me, and how I am able after a struggle of attempting to. Be able to wake myself in this state. It can sometimes really freak me out lol. I have no idea how and why I am concious, knowing I am dreaming and yet asleep at the sametime. or how the hell I can sometimes fight to wake myself up. Its as if I am not in my body or something like that. Bit wierd to explain. As suddenlly boom and basically wake up with a start knowing full well I have been trying to wake myself.

You will no doubt find at some point at a later stage you will start to hum a tune and not understand why and it may well suddenlly hit you that was the tune you were dreaming of. You may even start to remmeber the chorus.

There is some science around this Gelico on how and who recalls their dreams

Here is so info

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323077.php#1

https://www.livescience.com/38856-why-people-recall-dreams.html

that only happened to me once in my life. i was on holiday with a mate in majorca and i was dozing during the day as you do and my dream was epic. i dreamed i stole a train and drove it away. it was like a toytown scene with the train having different colour wagons on a little track. everything was black and orange and the people were like skittles

i drove this little train uphill and down dale and every time i approached a little station i wold slow down but as folk got read to get on i would pull off again.

i found this hilarious and at one point i skidded the train off the track and onto the platform knocking over a skittle person who lost his bowler hat and shook his fist at me.

i was laughing my duck off in my dream but then my mate woke me up to check i was ok, she said she thought i was having some kind of fit in my sleep. once she realised i was ok she left me to it and i was able to re enter the same dream and enjoy it some more but the second time round i knew i was dreaming and was just enjoying myself until i woke up properly

so that;s actually another time when i knew i was dreaming

like i said though i hardly ever dream or hardly ever remember them more like

i wish i could

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Dreams are extremely useful, they are always trying to tell us something. It's science, not superstition. It's your subconscious speaking back to you with extreme candour.

I bemoan the fact that I rarely ever dream.  I want lots of dreams but I sleep like a fking log, (with a clearer conscience than I deserve.  Dreams 3489511464  ) There are  ordinary foods which increase the likelihood of dreams (cheese, nutmeg spice, mushrooms) and maybe I should ingest more of them.  Dreams 3489511464

The few times I've had dreams they have been very intriguing, informative and helpful.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:54 pm

From WebMD:

Dreams can be entertaining, disturbing, or downright bizarre. We all dream -- even if we don't remember it the next day. But why do we dream? And what do dreams mean, anyway?

WebMD takes a look at what makes us dream and helps unravel the mysteries behind dreams.

What Are Dreams?

Dreams are basically stories and images our mind creates while we sleep. Dreams can be vivid. They can make you feel happy, sad, or scared. And they may seem confusing or perfectly rational.

Dreams can occur anytime during sleep. But most vivid dreams occur during deep, REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, when the brain is most active. Some experts say we dream at least four to six times per night.

Why Do We Dream?

There are many theories about why we dream, but no one knows for sure. Some researchers say dreams have no purpose or meaning and are nonsensical activities of the sleeping brain. Others say dreams are necessary for mental, emotional, and physical health.

Studies have shown the importance of dreams to our health and well-being. In one study, researchers woke subjects just as they were drifting off into REM sleep. They found that those who were not allowed to dream experienced:

*Increased tension
*Anxiety
*Depression
*Difficulty concentrating
*Lack of coordination
*Weight gain
*Tendency to hallucinate

Many experts say that dreams exist to:

*Help solve problems in our lives
*Incorporate memories
*Process emotions

If you go to bed with a troubling thought, you may wake with a solution, or at least feel better about the situation.

Sigmund Freud believed dreams are a window into our subconscious. He believed they reveal a person's:

*Unconscious desires
*Thoughts
*Motivations

Freud thought dreams were a way for people to satisfy urges and desires that were unacceptable to society.

Perhaps there is merit with all these theories. Some dreams may help our brains process our thoughts and the events of the day. Others may just be the result of normal brain activity and mean very little, if anything. Researchers are still trying to figure out exactly why we dream.

What Do Dreams Mean?

Just as there are varying opinions as to why we dream, there are also different views as to what dreams mean. Some experts say dreams have no connection to our real emotions or thoughts. They are just strange stories that don't relate to normal life.

Others say our dreams may reflect our own underlying thoughts and feelings -- our deepest desires, fears, and concerns, especially recurring dreams. By interpreting our dreams, we may be able to gain insight into our lives and ourselves. Many people say they have come up with their best ideas while dreaming, so dreams may be a conduit of creativity.

Often people report having similar dreams -- they are being chased, fall off a cliff, or appear in public naked. These types of dreams are likely caused by a hidden stress or anxiety. While the dreams may be similar, experts say the meaning behind the dream is unique to each person.

Therefore, many experts say not to rely on books or "dream dictionaries," which give a specific meaning for a specific dream image or symbol. The particular reason behind your dream is unique to you.

Although scientists can't say for sure what dreams mean and why we dream, many people find meaning in their dreams.

Why Do Nightmares Occur?

Nightmares, or bad dreams, are common in children and adults. Often nightmares are caused by:

*Stress, conflict, and fear
*Trauma
*Emotional problems
*Medication or drug use
*Illness

If you have a recurring nightmare, your subconscious may be trying to tell you something. Listen to it. If you can't figure out why you are having bad dreams, and you continue to have them, talk to a qualified mental health care provider. They may be able to help you figure out what is causing your nightmares and provide tips to put you at ease.

Keep in mind that no matter how scary a nightmare is, it is not real and most likely will not happen to you in real life.

What Are Lucid Dreams?

Have you ever had a dream where you knew you were dreaming during your dream? This is called a lucid dream. Research has shown that lucid dreaming is accompanied by an increased activation of parts of the brain that are normally suppressed during sleep. Lucid dreaming represents a brain state between REM sleep and being awake.

Some people who are lucid dreamers are able to influence the direction of their dream, changing the story so to speak. While this may be a good tactic to take, especially during a nightmare, many dream experts say it is better to let your dreams occur naturally.

Can Dreams Predict the Future?

There are many examples of situations where a dream came true or was telling of a future event. When you have a dream that then plays out in real life, experts say it is most likely due to:

*Coincidence
*Faulty memory
*An unconscious tying together of known information

However, sometimes dreams can motivate you to act a certain way, thus changing the future.

Why Are Dreams Hard to Remember?

Researchers don't know for sure why dreams are easily forgotten. Maybe we are designed to forget our dreams because if we remembered all our dreams, we might not be able to distinguish dreams from real memories.

Also, it may be harder to remember dreams because during REM sleep our body may shut down systems in our brain responsible for creating memories. We may only remember dreams that occur just before we wake, when certain brain activities have been turned back on.

Some say our minds don't actually forget dreams, we just don't know how to access them. Dreams may be stored in our memory, waiting to be recalled. This notion may explain why you may suddenly remember a dream later in the day -- something may have happened to trigger the memory.

Tips for Dream Recall

If you are a sound sleeper and don't wake up until the morning, you are less likely to remember your dreams compared to people who wake up several times in the night. But here are some tips that may influence your ability to remember your dreams:

Wake up without an alarm. You are more likely to remember your dreams if you wake up naturally than with an alarm. Once the alarm goes off, your brain focuses on the annoying sound and turning it off and not your dream.

Remind yourself to remember. If you want to remember your dreams and make a conscious decision to do so, you are more likely to remember your dreams in the morning. Before you go to sleep, remind yourself that you want to remember your dream.

Dream playback. If you think about the dream right after waking, it may be easier to remember it later.

How to Make Sense of Your Dreams

If you are intrigued by your dreams or want to sort out the meaning behind them, consider keeping a dream diary or journal. Here are some tips:

Write it down. Keep a notebook or journal and pen next to your bed and record your dream first thing every morning, while the memory is still fresh. Write down anything you recall from the dream and how it made you feel, even if you can only remember random pieces of information.

Journal without judgment. Dreams are sometimes odd and may go against societal norms. Try not to judge yourself based on your dreams.

Give each dream a title. This may help if you want to refer back to a dream. Sometimes the title you create can provide insight on why you had the dream or the meaning behind it.

Dreams have fascinated humanity since the beginning of time and will likely continue to mystify us. And although science has allowed us to learn much about the human brain, we may never know for sure the meaning behind our dreams.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:55 pm

I’ve dreamt of writing songs too. Some of them were brilliant!
Dreams do fascinate me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:34 pm

eddie wrote:I’ve dreamt of writing songs too. Some of them were brilliant!
Dreams do fascinate me.

some? of them, lol. bloody hell edds

but do you remember them? do you even get enough of it to jolt your memory

all i was left with was the knowledge that i just created a great song with a great tune but there was nothing left of it in the morning, not one note could i recall, nor the words

it was really frustrating

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:40 pm

the weirdest one was when i started my first secretarial job at 18 just out of college. i had a really erotic dream about one of the directors there.

i didn't remember it when i woke up but the next day he bowled into the office and said to me ''morning, fruit''. i froze and said nothing as the dream i had the night before suddenly flooded my brain.

he was looking at me puzzled asking what was wrong with me.

i was stammering and sweating all fucking day on that feeling, cos it seemed impossible that he didn't know,,,,,i mean he was there after all,,,,he took part in it

it took a fortnight for me to get back a normal reaction to him casually touching my arm or reaching over my shoulder.

(ps his casual touching was never sexual, he was happily married, it was just that it was done more in a paternal way)

that dream though

oh my

Shocked

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:43 pm

Jules wrote:Dreams are extremely useful, they are always trying to tell us something. It's science, not superstition. It's your subconscious speaking back to you with extreme candour.

I bemoan the fact that I rarely ever dream.  I want lots of dreams but I sleep like a fking log, (with a clearer conscience than I deserve.  ::::rotgdflmmfa  ) There are  ordinary foods which increase the likelihood of dreams (cheese, nutmeg spice, mushrooms) and maybe I should ingest more of them.  Dreams 3489511464

hahahahaha me too

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:49 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:I’ve dreamt of writing songs too. Some of them were brilliant!
Dreams do fascinate me.

some? of them, lol.  bloody hell edds

but do you remember them?  do you even get enough of it to jolt your memory

all i was left with was the knowledge that i just created a great song with a great tune but there was nothing left of it in the morning, not one note could i recall, nor the words

Well, don’t forget I used to be in a band writing original songs so perhaps some of the melodies came through my subconscious into the ones that got recorded?
It’s an interesting concept.

Btw, when you next visit I’ll be sure to play you some of my stuff.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:50 pm

I had a dream about writing a great song once, and the only part of it I was able to salvage was a pair of rhyming lines. Anybody's welcome to them:

"I know that life is not a game
But I'm playing all the same"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:06 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Well, don’t forget I used to be in a band writing original songs so perhaps some of the melodies came through my subconscious into the ones that got recorded?

Btw,  when you next visit I’ll be sure to play you some of my stuff.

i've just remembered now, i've heard some of your stuff. it was ages ago on ADO, i remember saying you had a unique kind of style, i think we were discussing x factor at the time. good voice and all. i honestly can't remember much about the tracks. all i remember is i particularly liked a song called ''whisky'' but i can't remember how it went

you just triggered that memory for me. send me a link so as i can listen again

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I had a dream about writing a great song once, and the only part of it I was able to salvage was a pair of rhyming lines. Anybody's welcome to them:

"I know that life is not a game

hahahaha i thought you might have been a bit more protective over your own creations

Cool

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:09 pm

at least, i think it was called whisky

unless that was a dream as well

Rolling Eyes

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:11 pm

Ben wrote:"I know that life is not a game

I sit at the bar, an' strum my guitar,
Not feelin' any pain.

Definitely a country and western song.

My good dog Trey, was kilt t'other day,
I'm lookin' to hop that train.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben wrote:"I know that life is not a game

I sit at the bar, an' strum my guitar,
Not feelin' any pain.

Definitely a country and western song.

My good dog Trey, was kilt t'other day,
I'm lookin' to hop that train.

DAC. The most iconic country figure ever to come from Akron, Ohio Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:51 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:

Btw,  when you next visit I’ll be sure to play you some of my stuff.

i've just remembered now, i've heard some of your stuff.  it was ages ago on ADO, i remember saying you had a unique kind of style, i think we were discussing x factor at the time.  good voice and all.  i honestly can't remember much about the tracks.  all i remember is i particularly liked a song called ''whisky'' but i can't remember how it went

you just triggered that memory for me.  send me a link so as i can listen again

Whisky

https://youtu.be/CUxfdhyzwfI

Into the deep

https://youtu.be/Zn5jv-ltLwI

The knocking

https://youtu.be/ppNPtufyiOA

Sleepyhead

https://youtu.be/lCiMTfijR9o

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:23 pm

and now i don't know which is my favourite

just listening to this with my eldest boy

he was most impressed

your voice is great eddie so is your music

xx

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:52 pm

gelico wrote:

he was most impressed

xx

Eddie was born to the wrong time and the most frustrating thing is she holds her voice back from the potential of what she could do
She has pitch perfect control in her tone and sadly was born and growing up into he era of the stone roses music era

That is not what suits her style of voive to me.
She has a powerful voice which this type of music is never going to accentuate and I never hear her in the 3 tunes allow herself to let rip. Which is a shame, as I know she could belt out any tune. She has a very controlled tone and is not singing the kind of music that is in tune with her singimng style. As this era was interesting but very monotone in variance.

I would like to see Eddie sing something soulful. As to me, that would bring at the best in her voice and allow her voice to be set free.

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:23 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

he was most impressed

xx

Eddie was born to the wrong time and the most frustrating thing is she holds her voice back from the potential of what she could do
She has pitch perfect control in her tone and sadly was born and growing up into he era of the stone roses music era

She has a powerful voice which this type of music is never going to accentuate and I never hear her in the 3 tunes allow herself to let rip. Which is a shame, as I know she could belt out any tune.
She has a very controlled tone and is not singing the kind of music that is in tune with her singimng style. As this era was interesting but very monotone in variance.

I would like to see Eddie sing something soulful. As to me, that would bring at the best in her voice and allow her voice to be set free.

uh, many singers don't ''belt out'' a tune. it's more about the tone and the style

these are eddie's own creations so i assume they are sung exactly how they are meant to be sung

i like them, personally

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:37 am

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

She has a powerful voice which this type of music is never going to accentuate and I never hear her in the 3 tunes allow herself to let rip. Which is a shame, as I know she could belt out any tune.
She has a very controlled tone and is not singing the kind of music that is in tune with her singimng style. As this era was interesting but very monotone in variance.

uh, many singers don't ''belt out'' a tune.  it's more about the tone and the style

these are eddie's own creations so i assume they are sung exactly how they are meant to be sung

i like them, personally

You misinterpret the point I am making
I like the songs also
I just think if Eddie had been born to a different time, with how her choice of Music would have been different in what she created and sang
Which I guess is more a personal preference on my part
I just think that era and genre of music is not taylor made for the capabgilities of singing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down