NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump's visit to Britain

+4
Maddog
Cass
eddie
Andy
8 posters

Go down

Trump's  visit to Britain Empty Trump's visit to Britain

Post by Andy Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Has been downgraded from a state visit to a 'business' trip.
Involving no royalty.
Still a good opportunity for plenty of catcalls, heckling, banners and protests.
I wonder if he appreciates just how reviled he is here.
Perhaps he should start his tour in Belfast, meeting the laid off Bombardier workers.
Trump's  arbitrary decision to increase import tax on their products has no logic. They had no competition.

http://dailym.ai/2yePzBs
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Trump's  visit to Britain Empty Re: Trump's visit to Britain

Post by eddie Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 pm

I haven't met anyone I know who actually likes him.
A lukewarm reception is all he will get and it's much more than he even deserves.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 pm

It will be interesting if people demonstrate by turning their backs to him as his motorcade drives past. Probably as insulting as mooning at him, but without the risk of police intervention.
I cannot for one minute think even Trump is stupid enough to have any  meet the public walkabouts.
Too much risk of a nutjub taking him out. But he has an ego the size of Europe.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Nail on head. His ego. If people turned their backs on him he'd probably see it as some kind of triumph and tweet about it like the moron he is.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm

BTW. I am trying to make topical and interesting threads .
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Angry Andy wrote:BTW. I am trying to make topical and interesting threads .

Good. I've sent you a PM.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 pm

Got my maga t-shirt good to go

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:53 pm

eddie wrote:I haven't met anyone I know who actually likes him.
A lukewarm reception is all he will get and it's much more than he even deserves.

I like him - he says what he thinks , sometimes the truth hurts . I think its wrong that his visit has been downgraded there have been worse leaders to visit here and got a state visit .

For me it shows he is doing something right for there to be such opposition .

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Has been downgraded from a state visit to a 'business' trip.
Involving no royalty.
Still a good opportunity for plenty of catcalls, heckling, banners and protests.
Perhaps he should start his tour in Belfast, meeting the laid off Bombardier workers.
Trump's  arbitrary decision to increase import tax on their products has no logic. They had no competition.

Please keep him. Get him stuck on the M25 or something.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 pm

Not everyone dislikes him - there are a lot of British people who like him especially Christians .

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Not everyone dislikes him - there are a lot of British people who like him especially Christians .

He’s one of the most Un-Christian people on the planet.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 am

Cass wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Not everyone dislikes him - there are a lot of British people who like him especially Christians .

He isn't - he is sticking to biblical principles - that is why people are against him .
He just won't have any of the political correctness nonsense .He's pro life he wants God back in schools and he wants God to be back in America .

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Cass wrote:

He isn't - he is sticking to biblical principles - that is why people are against him .
He just won't have any of the political correctness nonsense .He's pro life he wants God back in schools and he wants God to be back in America .

Well he broke a lot of biblical principles in his life that’s for sure. I don’t see any evidence that he is currently practicing them. Care to show some examples?

Political correctness is about having good manners, being civilized and treating fellow human beings lawfully and nicely. Why is that nonsense?

Shame about the god stuff. There’s that pesky separation of church and state thing in the Constitution, you know the one he took an oath to uphold.

If you want to live in a religious theocracy, try Iran. I hear it’s swell.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 am

Involving no royalty.

Why would he be reviled there?

I can see him being reviled here, in N. Korea or even Cuba. But I'm not sure how the typical Brit is impacted by him.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:01 am

Maddog wrote:
Involving no royalty.

I can see him being reviled here, in N. Korea or even Cuba. But I'm not sure how the typical Brit is impacted by him.

Did you read Andy’s last sentence? Of course what he says and does is going to impact Brits and citizens of other countries.

Ever since the end of WW2, the UK and Europe have been wary of the so-called special relationship that supposedly exists. The US has not made a lot of friends, more like frenemies, with foreign policy decisions. He has only made us the target of more derision.

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:52 am

Maddog wrote:
Involving no royalty.

he is reviled everywhere Wink

he is not only seen as the worst America has to offer, he is seen as some of the worst Humanity has to offer.
Only absolute braindead cretins, Nazi-wannbes and racist bigots like him to any degree Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 am

Cass wrote:

Well he broke a lot of biblical principles in his life that’s for sure. I don’t see any evidence that he is currently practicing them. Care to show some examples?

Political correctness is about having good manners, being civilized and treating fellow human beings lawfully and nicely. Why is that nonsense?

Shame about the god stuff. There’s that pesky separation of church and state thing in the Constitution, you know the one he took an oath to uphold.

If you want to live in a religious theocracy, try Iran. I hear it’s swell.

Every human being do bad and stupid things - nobody is perfect are they and if they claim to be then they are lying . I'm a Christian and I do tons wrong but I am human lol.

I believe President Trump has become a Christian - he isn't perfect never will be - but the hatred towards this man is worrying - I've never known it before and I can only put it down to the fact that it shocked the life out of the establishment that he won as lets face it there was a lot of stuff being said about him to stop him from winning . Many Christians believe he is part of biblical prophecy and that he is ordained of God - God has a habit of choosing the most unlikely candidates to do his work , I really do like President Trump if offends you then that's a shame I don't want to offend anyone I just have my own opinions and views which we are all entitled to .

As for political correctness being nonsense - I believe it is and I believe it causing more problems that good .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1VCkjGF8w

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am

Everyone is condemning, quite rightly, Weinstein for his sexual transgressions,  but nobody is comparing him to Trump's  wish to finger young teen girls vaginas..

He is NOT above the law.
But he thinks he is.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm

MUGABE, was welcomed here, much worse than Trump, WHY?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:24 pm

Involving no royalty.

The state visit should never have been offered in the first place.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 pm

nicko wrote:MUGABE, was welcomed here,    much worse than Trump,     WHY?

Exactly Nicko. This man encouraged murder of white people, as well as his own race, yet he was welcomed like he did nothing wrong.

I don't see any problem having Trump here. He may not be tactful, but he is doing what he was voted in for.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Exactly Nicko. This man encouraged murder of white people, as well as his own race, yet he was welcomed like he did nothing wrong.

I don't see any problem having Trump here. He may not be tactful, but he is doing what he was voted in for.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Syl wrote:
Involving no royalty.

Well our country is supposed to be welcoming of everyone - I think its really un-British to down grade his visit .

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley (vod) on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm

magica wrote:

agree with you .

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:41 pm

magica wrote:

agree with you .

Thanx VOD Smile
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:53 pm

magica wrote:

agree with you .

Thanx VOD Smile

You're welcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Syl wrote:

Well our country is supposed to be welcoming of everyone - I think its really un-British to down grade his visit .

He can still be welcomed without all the pomp, ceremony and expense of a State visit.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Syl wrote:

He can still be welcomed without all the pomp, ceremony and expense of a State visit.

I think its petty to be fair that other leaders around the world have visited and have received a state visit with all the expense - it seems so wrong its an embarrassment for our country treating his so badly and its very rude .

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Syl wrote:

I think its petty to be fair that other leaders around the world have visited and have received a state visit with all the expense - it seems so wrong its an embarrassment for our country treating his so badly and its very rude .

I don't see it like that Vod. I thought at the time a state visit was not really appropriate. I think Theresa May even invited him before asking permission from the queen, which is the normal protocol.
I'm not saying other leaders who have been invited as the guest of her majesty have been better....they certainly haven't.
Maybe downgrading his visit will set a precedent for future invites.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Did you read Andy’s last sentence? Of course what he says and does is going to impact Brits and citizens of other countries.

Ever since the end of WW2, the UK and Europe have been wary of the so-called special relationship that supposedly exists. The US has not made a lot of friends, more like frenemies, with foreign policy decisions. He has only made us the target of more derision.

Every US president has done things not in the interest of the UK at times.

I find it odd how much energy many Brits (and Americans to be honest) invest into Trump.

I didn't vote for the guy, but that doesn't mean I need full on Trump Derangement Syndrome, which is about as scary as the guy they are deranged about.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Every US president has done things not in the interest of the UK at times.

I find it odd how much energy many Brits (and Americans to be honest) invest into Trump.

I didn't vote for the guy, but that doesn't mean I need full on Trump Derangement Syndrome, which is about as scary as the guy they are deranged about.
They're bitter and its stupid they protest here about Trump too which i find really odd - wish they would just let him do his job .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down