NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seriously, How Is This Racist??????

5 posters

Go down

Seriously, How Is This Racist?????? Empty Seriously, How Is This Racist??????

Post by Guest Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSCkKXbLL_4

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/26/katie-pavlich-aclu-response-to-liberal-outrage-over-white-baby-abhorrent-and-disgusting/

Of and for those who do not know, this is what ACLU are about and also against trump. They tweeted the picture.

Current positions of the ACLU include: opposing the death penalty; supporting same-sex marriage and the right of LGBT people to adopt; supporting birth control and abortion rights; eliminating discrimination against women, minorities, and LGBT people; supporting the rights of prisoners and opposing torture; and opposing government preference for religion over non-religion, or for particular faiths over others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_Liberties_Union

So how is posting a picture of a child, wearing a t-shirt representing Liberal values in Free Speech, holding an American Flag Racist?

What on earth is going on in America, to think this is somehow racist? So again we have the same old problem where some people see racism in just about everything.

It beggars belief.

Back to top Go down

Seriously, How Is This Racist?????? Empty Re: Seriously, How Is This Racist??????

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 pm

I think the world has gone ever so slightly off kilter.
But just out of interest, what was the child doing with a flag? Not that it's wrong but a flag isn't something one normally carries on their person.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Seriously, How Is This Racist?????? Empty Re: Seriously, How Is This Racist??????

Post by Guest Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:20 pm

eddie wrote:I think the world has gone ever so slightly off kilter.
But just out of interest, what was the child doing with a flag? Not that it's wrong but a flag isn't something one normally carries on their person.  

Does it really matter Eddie?

The symbolism here was on Free speech (t-shirt) and America (Flag). Thus representing the First Amendment.

Yet for some reason people went off the child's skin colour believing this was white supremacy. I mean seriously WTF??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:00 pm

I am with you on the point you're making and I agree, but I'm simply wondering if the parents had any ulterior motive or were being provocative as the picture is a "just so happened to be wearing this outfit and carrying a flag..." kinda photo.

That's all I'm asking.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:03 pm

eddie wrote:I am with you on the point you're making and I agree, but I'm simply wondering if the parents had any ulterior motive or were being provocative as the picture is a "just so happened to be wearing this outfit and carrying a flag..." kinda photo.

That's all I'm asking.

It was posted by a Liberal group, so no idea it was a members child, but I see nothing bad here.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:08 pm

No it's not the big bad wolf that the media is making it out to be but I do however, think it may have been posted to make a point.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:32 am

There is nothing racist about the photo.

My complaint would be dressing kids up in clothes with any slogan on it, unless its age appropriate.... is stupid.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:42 am

Syl wrote:There is nothing racist about the photo.

My complaint would be dressing kids up in clothes with any slogan on it, unless its age appropriate.... is stupid.

I think that's my point. Why make baby clothes that say "free speech"?

"I'm cute" seems more appropriate.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:14 am

scratch

It would also be interesting to see if that picture was cropped from a larger photo'...

And to know what context the original photo was produced in..

I see nothing "racist" in that image alone.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 am

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:I think the world has gone ever so slightly off kilter.

The symbolism here was on Free speech (t-shirt) and America (Flag). Thus representing the First Amendment.

Yet for some reason people went off the child's skin colour believing this was white supremacy. I mean seriously WTF??

almost like those pea brained nutjobs that went off at aussie girls wearing head scarves in aussie colours on Australia day Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

people a full on nonsense when they start going around 'crusading'
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Thorin wrote:

almost like those pea brained nutjobs that went off at aussie girls wearing head scarves in aussie colours on Australia day Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

people a full on nonsense when they start going around 'crusading'

Ah but the Hijab is a symbol of Islamic oppression of women.

I mean any belief system that uses fear and punishment to believers, if they do not cover up their heads, is simple oppressive.

Let alone where it is enforced on women in many Muslim countries.

I mean why would a person be punished for simple showing how beautiful their hair and face is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 pm

That little flag reminds me of the ones we bought the kids at the seaside. They would stick them on top of sand castles. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Nothing racist at all. Some people see things that arnt there. On here no one thinks this.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down