NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fine Art of Not Being Offended

4 posters

Go down

The Fine Art of Not Being Offended Empty The Fine Art of Not Being Offended

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:14 pm

The Fine Art of Not Being Offended

There is an ancient and well-kept secret to happiness which the Great Ones have known for centuries. They rarely speak of it, but they use it all the time, and it is fundamental to good mental health. This secret is called The Fine Art of Not Being Offended. In order to truly be a master of this art, one must be able to see that every statement, action and reaction of another human being is the sum result of their total life experience to date.

In other words, the majority of people in our world say and do what they do from their own set of fears, conclusions, defences and attempts to survive. Most of it, even when aimed directly at us, has nothing to do with us. Usually, it has more to do with all the other times, and in particular the first few times, that this person experienced a similar situation, usually when they were young.

Study of the Soul

Yes, this is psychodynamic. But let’s face it, we live in a world where psychodynamics are what make the world go around. An individual who wishes to live successfully in the world as a spiritual person really needs to understand that psychology is as spiritual as prayer. In fact, the word psychology literally means ‘the study of the soul’.

All of that said, almost nothing is personal. Even with our closest loved ones, our beloved partners, our children and our friends. We are all swimming in the projections and filters of each other’s life experiences and often we are just the stand-ins, the chess pieces of life to which our loved ones have their own built-in reactions. This is not to dehumanize life or take away the intimacy from our relationships, but mainly for us to know that almost every time we get offended, we are actually just in a misunderstanding.

Are They Hurting?

A true embodiment of this idea actually allows for more intimacy and less suffering throughout all of our relationships. When we know that we are just the one who happens to be standing in the right place at the right psychodynamic time for someone to say or do what they are doing—we don’t have to take life personally. If it weren’t us, it would likely be someone else.

This frees us to be a little more detached from the reactions of people around us. How often do we react to a statement of another by being offended rather than seeing that the other might actually be hurting? In fact, every time we get offended, it is actually an opportunity to extend kindness to one who may be suffering—even if they themselves do not appear that way on the surface.

More: http://upliftconnect.com/the-fine-art-of-not-being-offended/

Got to be honest...it's pretty damn hard to offend me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The Fine Art of Not Being Offended Empty Re: The Fine Art of Not Being Offended

Post by Syl Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Interesting.

I don't get offended easily either, half the time I don't give a toss and the other half I will prefer to thrash something out rather than walk around in a huff.

I do think people who live in a permanent state of offencism...(if that word exists) are boring beyond belief.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:26 pm

cyclops

The Fine Art of Not Being Offended 3852033631

"The Great Ones.."  ???

The Fine Art of Not Being Offended 2187004795  

grin angel
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:cyclops

"The Great Ones.."  ???

grin angel

Yes I am pretty great, but what is your point? Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:12 am

Don't make it sound like you're issuing a challenge... wolf or I may take it up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 am

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:cyclops

"The Great Ones.."  ???

grin angel

Yes I am pretty great, but what is your point? Razz

Cool

Does there always have to be a 'point'  ???

Some things just are..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Don't make it sound like you're issuing a challenge... wolf or I may take it up Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm serious. Anyway I'm sure you and wolf have tried in the past Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down