NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US 'prepared' to use force against North Korea

+2
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
6 posters

Go down

US 'prepared' to use force against North Korea Empty US 'prepared' to use force against North Korea

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 pm

The US is prepared to use force to prevent North Korea from becoming a nuclear-armed state, the US ambassador to the UN says.

Speaking at an emergency UN Security Council meeting, ambassador Nikki Haley warned North Korea's regular missile launches were "quickly closing off the possibility of a diplomatic solution".

She said Pyongyang's test of a missile capable of reaching Alaska made the world "a more dangerous place", adding that the US would use its military to intervene "if we must".

http://news.sky.com/story/us-prepared-to-use-force-against-north-korea-10938458

Back to top Go down

US 'prepared' to use force against North Korea Empty Re: US 'prepared' to use force against North Korea

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Meh...what can the US do?  They have 25,000 troops in South Korea that they might lose if the Korean War is resumed.  North Korea is already squeezed to death with sanctions.

I believe Trump will do what every other administration has done, shrug and go on to other things.  He's no deal maker and it's an impossible situation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

US 'prepared' to use force against North Korea Empty Re: US 'prepared' to use force against North Korea

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:Meh...what can the US do?  They have 25,000 troops in South Korea that they might lose if the Korean War is resumed.  North Korea is already squeezed to death with sanctions.

I believe Trump will do what every other administration has done, shrug and go on to other things.  He's no deal maker and it's an impossible situation.

I doubt it would be a use of troops on the ground Quill, but air attacks.
What is important here is whether the Chinese and Russia would get on board on not.
If they don't, they the US could be heading the world into a new world war.
Though that may well happen anyway with North Korea, being a loose cannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 pm

the americans could always follow quills advice....and send in the police and fire brigade....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:the americans could always follow quills advice....and send in the police and fire brigade....

Okay that was funny and happy to give a +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:33 am

Lord Foul wrote:the americans could always follow quills advice....and send in the police and fire brigade....

That's a great idea, if only it were the right circumstances.  Unfortunately, you are missing one important point: N. Korea is a nation state, not a motley bunch ex-militia driving pickup trucks.  My comments on police and fire personnel being able to mop up, is intended for asymmetrical conflicts, such as ISIS threatens.

N. Korea has a conventional military and nuclear warheads, and is almost ready with viable delivery systems.  Most importantly, there will be no exit strategy with China right behind them. But the distinction serves to illustrate my belief that these small conflicts like Syria are piss-weak fights.

I don't really care what Trump wants to do in response to N. Korea.  He's bound to fuck up somewhere...might as well be way out there in the western Pacific.  The sooner it happens, the sooner we can impeach him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 am

Suspect

Both China and Russia must have plenty of worried citizens in those nearby regions of theirs that are already within conventional missile range of N. Korea...

And we have seen before just how accurate N. Korea's missiles aren't..

I don't know how those two can just sit back and watch proceedings --  You would think that they would be joining Soth Korea, Japan and the US in cracking down on a rogue state determined to develop nuclear weapons  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Suspect

Both China and Russia must have plenty of worried citizens in those regions of theirs  that are already within conventional missile range of N. Korea...

And we have seen before just how accurate N. Korea missiles aren't..

I don't know how those two can just sit back and watch proceedings --  You would think that they would be joining Soth Korea, Japan and the US in cracking down on a rogue state determined to develop nuclear weapons  ?

Fair points Wolf and it may come to the point that China and Russia do take action as well.
North Korea is being propped up by China and would not survive without its fuel resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:34 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

Both China and Russia must have plenty of worried citizens in those nearby regions of theirs that are already within conventional missile range of N. Korea...

And we have seen before just how accurate N. Korea's missiles aren't..

If Russia and China have problems with Trump, Putin will give him a call and pull him back in line. I think they've got that side of it well in hand.

The worry is N. Korea. N. Korea shows no willingness to back off the west, nor to heed any pressure coming from China and Russia. In their position, they may be right. N. Korea is getting no help from anybody, and they've got to scratch for every crumb they get on the international front. Why not?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:45 pm

They'd get a lot of help if they got rid of the nutter whose in charge and replaced him with some one who's grown up !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:56 pm

nicko wrote:They'd get a lot of help if they got rid of the nutter whose in charge and replaced him with some one who's  grown up !!

You're thinking of a democracy.

He's thinking, It's all mine!!

As to the "lot of help," not a chance. Without those nukes, they are nobody.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:They'd get a lot of help if they got rid of the nutter whose in charge and replaced him with some one who's  grown up !!

As to the "lot of help," not a chance.  Without those nukes, they are nobody.

North Korea already has about 20 warhead nukes.
This is about new rockets and their capability of hitting the US

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Are you talking about America or North Korea?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

As to the "lot of help," not a chance.  Without those nukes, they are nobody.

North Korea already has about 20 warhead nukes.
This is about new rockets and their capability of hitting the US

Meh...everybody has rockets. Even Gaza.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Angry Andy wrote:
Are you talking about America or North Korea?

I was going to ask that and I'd say, both.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down