NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze

2 posters

Go down

Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze Empty Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:41 am

Members of the North Kensington Muslim Community laid on an impromptu meal for those whose lives were ripped apart by the Grenfell Tower tragedy. Food was laid out on tablecloths on the pavement as those living nearby in one of London's most ethnically diverse areas rallied round.

Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze TELEMMGLPICT000132150894-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqtM3ZXxV42fQENILgObxjOFzt7SZsQQ7h3oKyATfgi0w
Tablecloths were laid out along a street as the local Muslim community came together to host a meal CREDIT: PENNY APPEAL/FACEBOOK

Water, soft drinks, bread and food was on offer from Muslims who, at sunset, had broken their fast for the Iftar meal. Local Muslims were also credited for saving some lives on the night of the fire because they were still awake in the early hours of the morning as they observed Ramadan.
Zia Salik, head of fundraising at the charity Islamic Relief, said his team had worked around the clock to provide help. “There was a huge outpouring from the community to say ‘we want to do something’,” he told the Independent. Mr Salik, who lives nearby, had seen the fire from his window.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/17/kensingtons-Muslim-community-hosts-meal-people-affected-grenfell/

Back to top Go down

Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze Empty Re: Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34 am

Everybody doing their bit. It's heart warming.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze Empty Re: Kensington's Muslim community hosts meal for people affected by Grenfell Tower blaze

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:43 am

This is stolen from Electric Sky but I thought it was interesting. Where exactly are the victims?

https://www.facebook.com/presstvuk/videos/1808430345850347/
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:This is stolen from Electric Sky but I thought it was interesting. Where exactly are the victims?

She's right. Though isn't it always the way that they do not release the names of the dead until it is confirmed they're dead. I think that's some kind of policy that's always been used. Also, all that clothing and food and drink? Kind of useless to those who are gone, and too much for those left alive. But I get that it makes people feel as though they're helping in some way. Better perhaps to financially contribute. There are several places you can do that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:26 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:This is stolen from Electric Sky but I thought it was interesting. Where exactly are the victims?

She's right.   Though isn't it always the way that they do not release the names of the dead until it is confirmed they're dead.   I think that's some kind of policy that's always been used.   Also, all that clothing and food and drink?   Kind of useless to those who are gone, and too much for those left alive.   But I get that it makes people feel as though they're helping in some way.   Better perhaps to financially contribute.   There are several places you can do that.

I'm starting to wonder how many did actually die. At first, I hoped everyone got out, but that was unrealistic. Given the state of the building, I can't believe it's not higher than they're saying. However, the people who did get out are perhaps not in the area anyway - they'd hardly be left to wander around the streets. Have they been sent to temporary accommodation?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:53 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

She's right.   Though isn't it always the way that they do not release the names of the dead until it is confirmed they're dead.   I think that's some kind of policy that's always been used.   Also, all that clothing and food and drink?   Kind of useless to those who are gone, and too much for those left alive.   But I get that it makes people feel as though they're helping in some way.   Better perhaps to financially contribute.   There are several places you can do that.

I'm starting to wonder how many did actually die. At first, I hoped everyone got out, but that was unrealistic. Given the state of the building, I can't believe it's not higher than they're saying. However, the people who did get out are perhaps not in the area anyway - they'd hardly be left to wander around the streets.  Have they been sent to temporary accommodation?

They reckon around 100+ have died, but given that there is sadly little remains left, it will take ages to identify Rags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down