NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies.

+4
'Wolfie
Fuzzy Zack
Eilzel
eddie
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies. Empty Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies.

Post by eddie Sun May 14, 2017 4:19 pm

I think I'll regret posting this one...... Shocked

A scientist looked through 63 studies to conclude atheists are more intelligent than religious people

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies.

Miron Zuckerman, Jordan Silberman and Judith A. Hall from the University of Rochester and the Northeastern University conducted a meta-analysis (that's a statistical analysis that combines the results of multiple scientific studies) of 63 studies that showed a significant negative association between intelligence and religiosity.

The association was strongest among university students and weakest in teenagers and children.

It was also stronger for religious beliefs than religious behaviour. In effect, people who believe religious teachings as opposed to those practising religions.

Religiosity was defined as "the degree of involvement in some or all facets of religion." This included beliefs in supernatural agents and "costly commitments to these agents" such as offering of property as a sacrifice. Another 'facet' is participating in communal rituals, such as going to church, and "lower existential anxieties such as death due to a belief in supernatural agents" (i.e. being less scared of death because you believe you're going to heaven).

It's not entirely clear why non-religious people are more intelligent - but the difference varies with age

At University the divide is the strongest.

It may be because more intelligent students are more likely to embrace atheism as a form of non-conformity. University tends to expose people to new ideas and influences, students tend to lose their beliefs or get more religious during this time, according to the study. These changes are often as a result of "the self-exploration that typifies emerging adulthood and that is often observed in students" as "the separation from home and the exposure to a context that encourages questioning may allow intelligence to impact religious beliefs". The study adds that

Using analytic (as opposed to intuitive) thinking, more intelligent college students may be more likely to eschew religion. If atheism is disapproved of at home, higher intelligence may facilitate resistance to conformity pressure.

Whereas later in life, more intelligent people are more likely to get and stay married which makes them less reliant on the attachment that the function of religion provides. More intelligent people are also more likely to have higher level jobs and spend more time in school, which leads to higher self-esteem and "encourages control of personal beliefs" according to the study.

Ageing, however, is more likely to increase awareness of mortality

The research has been going on for almost 80 years and has measured association with individuals of all ages.

Religious beliefs can help manage the terror of one’s impending death

According to the study, there is no evidence pertaining to the relation between intelligence and death anxiety. Although this logic suggests that "the negative relation between intelligence and religiosity might decline at the end of life, the relevant evidence we have indicates otherwise."

The highly intelligent members of the sample retained lower religiosity scores, relative to the general population, even in their golden years (age 75 to 91).

Read the study in full here. http://emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/The-Relation-Between-Intelligence-and-Religiosity-A-Meta-Analysis-and-Some-Proposed-Explanations.pdf
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies. Empty Re: Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies.

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I would say atheists were more skeptical and inquisitive Eddie

Back to top Go down

Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies. Empty Re: Atheists are more intelligent than religious people according to dozens of studies.

Post by Eilzel Sun May 14, 2017 4:34 pm

No shit Cool
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Eilzel wrote:No shit Cool

Very funny...... Cool

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by 'Wolfie Sun May 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Cool

"Confirmation Bias" on that 'scientist's' part,  anyone  ???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_theory
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 7:48 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Cool

"Confirmation Bias"  on that 'scientist's' part,  anyone  ???

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_theory

Hence why nobody did claim confirmation bias

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:I bet some dumb atheist will use this as "intelligence by association".

I bet many religious people will still believe in some illiterate petty warlord who executed prisoners

Of which has always been the issue within this religion

How they deify Muhammad through the hadiths to be comparable to sura's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I bet many religious people will still believe in some illiterate petty warlord who executed prisoners

Of which has always been the issue within this religion

How they deify Muhammad through the hadiths to be comparable to sura's

Lol! Not only did the point go way over your head, you then chose to associate me with someone else's actions.

That's high comedy. Cheers bud. Couldn't make it up.

What actions?

Who did I associate you to?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 am

I bet 'polytheist agnostics' are even higher
even just agnostics are higher too I'm sure

so really atheist are just second from the bottom according to this research Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon May 15, 2017 9:39 am

veya_victaous wrote:

so really atheist are just second from the bottom according to this research Cool Cool Cool

cheers

Self-declared and self-promoting "atheists" are, by nature, extremely close-minded and inflexible...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon May 15, 2017 10:38 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

cheers

Self-declared and self-promoting "atheists" are, by nature, extremely close-minded and inflexible...

Nonsense. Most atheists, including this self declared atheist, is very open minded to all possibilities about most things Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 15, 2017 10:52 am

Eilzel wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

cheers

Nonsense. Most atheists, including this self declared atheist, is very open minded to all possibilities about most things Wink

Yeah but that's like the Christian that supports gay marriage yet still says they follow the bible tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Eilzel wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
cheers

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 15, 2017 5:30 pm

He's right Les. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I think you missed Veya's point. You certainly missed the humour, not sure if that was down to closed mindedness. So let me explain:

Atheists have already made their mind up that God does not exist.

Agnostics are still waiting for proof either way. So by definition, they are more open minded. You seemed to have missed that logic entirely.

The second point is glaringly wrong in with many atheists.

Many atheists do not rule out the possibility of a god existing.
Which shows they have not made up their mind, because they are open to all possibilities. They know and can argue off the impossibilities of the abrahamic god, based on how irrational it is. Or take the view that if such a deity existed, it could never be classed as all loving and forgiving. It would be a contradiction. As atheists debate the improbability of such deities found in religious texts and how they show the contradiction of believers. Who dismiss themselves all other gods and religious beliefs, based on no more than faith in their own. There is no evidence of deities, of which atheists use to show they can argue there is then no evidence of God/s, but in no way would the majority ever try to disprove god/s existing. As how can you disprove faith? Which is individually unique to everyone.

I have never come across many atheists who claim they can prove that no Gods exist.

They simple believe none exist.

Do you understand this?

Last edited by Thorin on Mon May 15, 2017 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 15, 2017 5:36 pm

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

synonyms: non-belief, non-theism, disbelief, unbelief, scepticism, doubt, agnosticism, irreligion, godlessness, ungodliness, profaneness, impiety, heresy, apostasy, paganism, heathenism, freethinking, nihilism
"atheism is virtually unknown in rural societies"
Feedback
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 15, 2017 5:37 pm

The above explanation includes agnosticism so where does that leave us?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 5:40 pm

eddie wrote:atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

noun

synonyms: non-belief, non-theism, disbelief, unbelief, scepticism, doubt, agnosticism, irreligion, godlessness, ungodliness, profaneness, impiety, heresy, apostasy, paganism, heathenism, freethinking, nihilism
Feedback

Read again

The second point is glaringly wrong in with many atheists.

Many atheists do not rule out the possibility of a god existing.
Which shows they have not made up their mind, because they are open to all possibilities. They know and can argue off the impossibilities of the abrahamic god, based on how irrational it is. Or take the view that if such a deity existed, it could never be classed as all loving and forgiving. It would be a contradiction. As atheists debate the improbability of such deities found in religious texts and how they show the contradiction of believers. Who religious followers dismiss themselves all other gods and religious beliefs, based on no more than faith in their own. There is no evidence of deities, of which atheists use to show they can argue there is then no evidence of God/s, but in no way would the majority ever try to disprove god/s existing. As how can you disprove faith? Which is individually unique to everyone.

I have never come across many atheists who claim they can prove that no Gods exist.

They simple believe none exist.

Do you understand this?

Which proves Atheists are more open that any religious person

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Why are you asking me if I understand it? I can read, if that's what you're asking.
Don't be rude. I don't like it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 5:48 pm

eddie wrote:Why are you asking me if I understand it?  I can read, if that's what you're asking.
Don't be rude. I don't like it.

Ehh?

How exactly am I being rude by asking you to see my point here, after you posted up the meaning of a word failing then to understand atheists?

Atheists believe no gods exists, but many will rightly say they cannot prove that one does not exist or many.

So how is that rude to point out to read, when you clearly never did Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 7:06 pm

eddie wrote:He's right Les. Razz

Only to someone close minded who believes in their own perception of God, that denies all others.

Zack was very wrong and what is more telling you think he was right for some moral victory, as if you want atheists to be seen as wrong for using reasons. That you would want faith to be seen as more valid than reason.

Go figure

Zack did what he claims of atheists, he assumed poorly and wrongly

Hence why I never claim what is the right Christianity or Islam, I simply argue off the texts and schools of thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon May 15, 2017 9:00 pm

I have to come in on this subject. Of course we're more intelligent the reason being our minds are not clouded and confined by religious teachings, many of which are just not true, and we are free to investigate and be mindful of many facts, not fables. I've pointed them out before in other topics.

As far as I can see God, if he exists at all, was the 'God of chaos.' If you wish I can enlarge on that point with horrifying facts.

BTW Thorin, if you have or can borrow a Koran, reading down the index will be sufficient to realise that Islam is an offshoot of Christianity.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 15, 2017 9:28 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:I bet some dumb atheist will use this as "intelligence by association".

Of course they will. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 pm

In answer to the OP, it's absolute bullcrap.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 pm

stardesk wrote:I have to come in on this subject. Of course we're more intelligent the reason being our minds are not clouded and confined by religious teachings, many of which are just not true, and we are free to investigate and be mindful of many facts, not fables. I've pointed them out before in other topics.

As far as I can see God, if he exists at all, was the 'God of chaos.' If you wish I can enlarge on that point with horrifying facts.

BTW Thorin, if you have or can borrow a Koran, reading down the index will be sufficient to realise that Islam is an offshoot of Christianity.

Hi Stardesk

I have read and its blatant a plagiarized form of the bible. This is very clear.

The point to ask here is whether religious people or atheists question everything.

Well clearly those with literal religious belief do not. As if they did it would place or their beliefs into conflict.

Where as an atheist can believe there is no Gods, but does not conflict with his beliefs, if he admits he cannot disprove whether a God exist or not. They use scientific thinking that they are open to all possibilities on something that only has faith as evidence.

This is why those religious here think they have looked funny and smart and only ended up looking with egg on their faces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 am

ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

noun

Feedback

Disbelief/ free thinking.

Good words.

Is disbelief the same as closed mindedness? Are you closed minded for refusing to believe there is no god? Are you closed minded for not believing in flying leprachauns? Is Zack closed minded for believing there is no god but Allah? Why is only atheism accused of being closed minded Wink

Oh, and as I always point out, any decent atheist would reconsider their belief in light of that magic word- evidence.

Atheists are certainly more open minded than religious people. We would change our views immediately in certain circumstances. A religious person? No chance- they are right no.matter what.

That doesn't have any bearing on intelligence though. As much as I like the idea atheists and proven more intelligent, I know enough idiotic atheists and very clever believers to know it's not always true.

But atheists (which veya prefers to call agnostic anyway along with 99% of the world) are certainly more open minded than religious people.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 16, 2017 10:21 am

ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

noun

Feedback

that's a terrible definition for starters pagan's have gods and is Derivative Latin for ' Rural Beliefs ' Showing the quote to be nonsense

let alone from a scientific mindset
Zero does not equal Unknown
end of story. Every one Should be willing to define their faith by Scientific methodology
particularly those that Suggest they believe science
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 16, 2017 10:21 am

Athesists are secure in their knowledge that no evidence will ever be forthcoming - I mean, God isn't going to appear you over your slice of toast in the morning, is he?
It's easy to say "I don't believe" for an atheist and a lot harder for religious people to believe. Their way is just faith.

Faith can be a great thing if used wisely.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 16, 2017 10:23 am

veya_victaous wrote:
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

noun

Feedback

that's a terrible definition for starters pagan's have gods and is Derivative Latin for ' Rural Beliefs ' Showing the quote to be nonsense

let alone from a scientific mindset
Zero does not equal Unknown
end of story. Every one Should be willing to define their faith by Scientific methodology
particularly those that Suggest they believe science

Well I didn't write it. It was the first definition to come up in google.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 am

eddie wrote:Athesists are secure in their knowledge that no evidence will ever be forthcoming - I mean, God isn't going to appear you over your slice of toast in the morning, is he?
It's easy to say "I don't believe" for an atheist and a lot harder for religious people to believe. Their way is just faith.

Eh?

What should be ask is why people feel they have to believe, as what is driving this?
To me is the sage old question of fear. A fear of death itself, where people cannot accept their own mortality. Where they even worse and arrogantly think they are the only species that is important to have what is called a soul.

The reality is religions are always a problem based on absolute morals, when they are forced onto others. as they have been for thousands of years.

My view is why do people think they need to believe in something, as if this will save them? Surely something of supreme intelligence is going to have most reasonable mind going unless they are ruled by emotions, being bitter, angry and vengeful. If something has created people, then it would be a very cruel experiment to just create many in order that they then suffer for eternity. They have not even been given the choice over whether they want to exist.

So if there is a creator its either evil, or does not care and we are simple a scientific experiment to see if life can evolve from this. Or it is a reasonable deity that all live eternally in some high level existence. Or there is nothing at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 am

Didge I am not religious, it doesn't appeal to me for some of the same reasons as you, most probably.

What I meant was, religious people don't need proof - their belief is just faith.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue May 16, 2017 11:14 am

ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

noun

Feedback

study

You need to get a new dictionary,  eddie...

As "scepticism,  doubt, agnosticism, irreligion, profaneness, heresy, pagansim, heathenism, freethinking, nihilism.."  are not synonymous with atheism..

That's the problem with many 'online' dictionaries --  too many clueless know-nothings contribute to them,  resulting in many erroneous and totally false claims.  Just like in that quote..

An "Agnostic" is someone who doesn't follow any religion, but they leave open the possibility that god (s) may or may not exist.
A pagan has their own religious/spiritual belief -- they are not atheists.
A heathen is simply someone who doesn't follow your idea of God -- irrespective of whether they be athiest, agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, animistic/naturalistic, pagan, Druid or Jedi Warrior..

Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue May 16, 2017 11:53 am

eddie wrote:Athesists are secure in their knowledge that no evidence will ever be forthcoming - I mean, God isn't going to appear you over your slice of toast in the morning, is he?

I wouldn't say I'm secure in that knowledge. I would say I'm confident it is unlikely to surface.

What could be more closed minded that "my god is definitely real, and nothing that happens will change that. All other gods are false" ?

Some Christians or Muslims could literally watch Shiva descend from the sky, smash a church or mosque and still be convinced they are right and Hinduism is wrong.

Me. I'd instantly be a Hindu Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed May 17, 2017 1:32 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Didge - the distinction between atheist and agnostic is clear. You may not be clear about it but the definition is. If you are open minded about the existence of God then you're agnostic. Not an atheist.

Les - yes, many religious people are closed mined. But some question their faith all the time and obtain the same conclusion. You may not agree with that conclusion but that doesn't mean the religious person is irrational.

I never said it made them irrational. Only closed minded (at the very least in regards to this one issue). And while many do question their faith in their god, how many honestly even give a second thought to the possibility another religion might be the real truth?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 2:48 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Didge - the distinction between atheist and agnostic is clear. You may not be clear about it but the definition is. If you are open minded about the existence of God then you're agnostic. Not an atheist.

Les - yes, many religious people are closed mined. But some question their faith all the time and obtain the same conclusion. You may not agree with that conclusion but that doesn't mean the religious person is irrational.

You still are not getting this Zack

I dont believe any gods exist.

I am unable to disprove any exist

I am able to say there is no evidence for any god existing

I am open to the possibility of being wrong, as I cannot disprove any exist

The definition is clear and I do not believe any Gods exist, which makes me atheist.

You need to see what people are saying to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 17, 2017 6:54 am

Once again, we fall into the trap of insisting that atheists have beliefs.

Once again -- atheists do not believe. Period!

A belief is something that, in the sane mind, is predicated on overwhelming evidence. There is no overwhelming evidence for the existence of any deity ever described by any person.

Thus, an atheist does not believe in any god on the basis of the absence of evidence.

Okay, let's tackle the notion of an atheist being convinced that nobody will ever produce evidence of the existence of any god. Well, can you blame us? We've been at this for about 10,000 years and ... zilch. Nada. No cigar.

I've said this before. I can't prove beyond a shadow of doubt there isn't an invisible, weightless T-rex that lives on my head. But we all know how unlikely that is.

Atheism isn't belief. It's a lack of belief. I think the problem so many people have is that they can't accept the idea of not having a belief on this topic, because it's something we're brought up to think that we have to have a belief about, one way or another.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 am

I believe there is an invisible, weightless T-Rex living inside your head.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Once again, we fall into the trap of insisting that atheists have beliefs.

A belief is something that, in the sane mind, is predicated on overwhelming evidence. There is no overwhelming evidence for the existence of any deity ever described by any person.

Thus, an atheist does not believe in any god on the basis of the absence of evidence.

Okay, let's tackle the notion of an atheist being convinced that nobody will ever produce evidence of the existence of any god. Well, can you blame us? We've been at this for about 10,000 years and ... zilch. Nada. No cigar.

I've said this before. I can't prove beyond a shadow of doubt there isn't an invisible, weightless T-rex that lives on my head. But we all know how unlikely that is.

Atheism isn't belief. It's a lack of belief. I think the problem so many people have is that they can't accept the idea of not having a belief on this topic, because it's something we're brought up to think that we have to have a belief about, one way or another.

Spot on..Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 am

eddie wrote:I believe there is an invisible, weightless T-Rex living inside your head.  

There must be one that takes over your ability to rationally think, when it comes to medical matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 17, 2017 11:39 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Once again, we fall into the trap of insisting that atheists have beliefs.

spoken like a true devotee to the cult of zero

Zero does not equal Unknown tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

All I am truly asking is that atheist hold their opinion (hypothesis) to the same standards they hold religious people to (that of scientific methodology)

If atheists truly held no opinion than why do atheist keep bringing it up? they are the Vegans of the spiritual world Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and i countered this already Suspect Can you see the sun? do you agree with science that it causes the existence of the Goldilocks zone that allows life on this planet? Sun is a god in all is compressed hydrogen glory, as all visible gods so far have been Cool Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 pm

Hey I learned something new from Theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss, Ben and les should call themselves Apatheists those that don't give a shit or apathy towards theism geek geek geek geek
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You still are not getting this Zack

I dont believe any gods exist.

I am unable to disprove any exist

I am able to say there is no evidence for any god existing

I am open to the possibility of being wrong, as I cannot disprove any exist

The definition is clear and I do not believe any Gods exist, which makes me atheist.

You need to see what people are saying to you.

You've made my initial reply all about you, where I was arguing about the definition in general.

You can describe yourself how you wish. I'm not here to pander to your narcissism.

Here's the actual definition of:

agnostic:

a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.

Then read your own sentences above starting with "I am...."

Then ask yourself, are you really an atheist? It could be a defining moment in your life.

You might be asking to much insight there zack he didn't even buckle when i pointed out that Dawkins has openly called himself agnostic as that is the scientifically correct definition of his beliefs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:I believe there is an invisible, weightless T-Rex living inside your head.  

There must be one that takes over your ability to rationally think, when it comes to medical matters.

Well I don't get ill and whenever I've been to a GP I have known more about what could be wrong with me than they did. Anything they know can be found on Google.
GP's are the people you go to see so you can see someone more knowledgeable to actually help you.  GP's are great for giving you blood test forms and repeat pescriptions.

Some are great.  Most are below average.

So yes, the T-Rex in my head is working pretty well for me. geek

Last edited by eddie on Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Apologies I went way off topic there. The last sentence would've sufficed.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed May 17, 2017 12:57 pm

I'm certainly an apatheist veya, and an anti-theist and if we go by your definition veya I'm am agnostic who leans extremely heavily towards atheism Cool

For the sake of simplicity and so people are in less doubt about my doubt I'll continue to call myself an atheist, as it most honestly reflects the extent of my disbelief.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next