NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...but intelligent people believe in God

Go down

...but intelligent people believe in God Empty ...but intelligent people believe in God

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg

Back to top Go down

...but intelligent people believe in God Empty Re: ...but intelligent people believe in God

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:22 pm

A fascinating and most persuasive viewpoint.  I particularly like the way the clip places the issue into history.  If we were to substitute racism for religion, one could see what I mean about how racism against Africans is far more insidious than racism against whites.  There is simply no history, no culture, no institutions or uniforms, regarding white racism.  Yet it racism against blacks is all over the southern US with the KKK and racist believers.

When it comes to unknown and unknowable metaphysical questions, there's nothing wrong with religion as the answer.  It's as good a guess as any.  But, in all of our cultural trappings, we lose sight of the fact that it's only a guess.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

...but intelligent people believe in God Empty Re: ...but intelligent people believe in God

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:28 pm

I thought it was very good Quill
Yes where there is bad beliefs set within society, its that much harder to then bring about change. Though as seen mind, that humanity has progressed through such barriers, but still has a long way to go yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down