NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Stop A Newborn Baby Crying With One Sound: Dad’s ‘Amazing’ Trick Isn’t A One Off

5 posters

Go down

How To Stop A Newborn Baby Crying With One Sound: Dad’s ‘Amazing’ Trick Isn’t A One Off Empty How To Stop A Newborn Baby Crying With One Sound: Dad’s ‘Amazing’ Trick Isn’t A One Off

Post by Guest Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:03 am

A new dad who managed to calm his crying baby within seconds has amazed parents with his really simple trick.

Daniel Eisenman, from California, US, only became a dad three weeks ago but he seems to be getting into the swing of things pretty quickly.

He shared a video of his daughter, Divina, crying in his arms. To calm her down, he took in a deep breath then let out a long and deep “Oommmm” sound.

He used the hashtags #OMBaby, #DaddyOm and #OMingDaddy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/how-to-stop-baby-crying_uk_5902e62fe4b0bb2d086c780c

Second video on link, showing this works again

Shocked

Back to top Go down

How To Stop A Newborn Baby Crying With One Sound: Dad’s ‘Amazing’ Trick Isn’t A One Off Empty Re: How To Stop A Newborn Baby Crying With One Sound: Dad’s ‘Amazing’ Trick Isn’t A One Off

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:37 am

Super. I had a similar thing. I used to talk to my daughter while she was in the womb...I had a key phrase.

When she was born I went to the hospital nursery where I found her crying. I repeated the phrase and she immediately stopped and looked my way. It calmed her right away.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How To Stop A Newborn Baby Crying With One Sound: Dad’s ‘Amazing’ Trick Isn’t A One Off Empty Re: How To Stop A Newborn Baby Crying With One Sound: Dad’s ‘Amazing’ Trick Isn’t A One Off

Post by Guest Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:45 am

Original Quill wrote:Super.  I had a similar thing.  I used to talk to my daughter while she was in the womb...I had a key phrase.

When she was born I went to the hospital nursery where I found her crying.  I repeated the phrase and she immediately stopped and looked my way.  It calmed her right away.

Very interesting to learn Quill...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:02 pm

Same here. I used to sing a song to my babies when I was pregnant - it was a song I'd written - and as newborns they'd react straight away and calm down.

The sound "ommmmm" though would work with any newborn because: http://www.chopra.com/articles/appreciating-om-the-sound-of-the-universe#sm.0015le8uf1c7ld4jrnm2kmr4fie04
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:05 pm

eddie wrote:Same here. I used to sing a song to my babies when I was pregnant - it was a song I'd written - and as newborns they'd react straight away and calm down.

The sound "ommmmm" though would work with any newborn because:  http://www.chopra.com/articles/appreciating-om-the-sound-of-the-universe#sm.0015le8uf1c7ld4jrnm2kmr4fie04

I am fascinated by this and how she so easily calms down Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:07 am

The Om is a sacred sound and used a lot in meditation. Chanting it has a kind of hypnotic effect, and can calm and de-stress. It is the 'sound' of the Universe.

Buddhist chants use this to promote deep trance meditation. When you reach trance state, you can't feel your body. You feel as though you're floating. It really is quite amazing.

Here it is at 432 Hz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBiwLibZqfw
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:38 pm

If only I had known this 40 years ago. Sleep
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:The Om is a sacred sound and used a lot in meditation.   Chanting it has a kind of hypnotic effect, and can calm and de-stress.   It is the 'sound' of the Universe.

Buddhist chants use this to promote deep trance meditation.   When you reach trance state, you can't feel your body.   You feel as though you're floating.  It really is quite amazing.

Here it is at 432 Hz.  

I just said that Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:00 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:The Om is a sacred sound and used a lot in meditation.   Chanting it has a kind of hypnotic effect, and can calm and de-stress.   It is the 'sound' of the Universe.

Buddhist chants use this to promote deep trance meditation.   When you reach trance state, you can't feel your body.   You feel as though you're floating.  It really is quite amazing.

Here it is at 432 Hz.  

Sorry. I hadn't read your post. bounce
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

Here it is at 432 Hz.  

Sorry.  I hadn't read your post. bounce

Naughty girl. No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:55 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Sorry.  I hadn't read your post. bounce

Naughty girl. No

Oh well, I just reiterated rabbit
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:22 pm

Thing is, what if you do all that and the baby still screams?
Some babies are so called cry-babies, they scream all the time, and at the other end of the normal spectrum, some are quite contented.

My own infant did not cry all that much, but at the time it seemed like a lot. I fretted a lot and exhausted myself over nothing. He was a healthy infant who grew into a strapping healthy adult.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 pm

I was a so called "anxious mother" who watched my infant day and night even when he was sleeping. He was totally healthy but my own innate habit of always fearing the worst when he cried turned me into an "anxious, exhausted mother".

I was constantly reminded of these two universal truths by my own mum, but it did not reduce my anxiety levels.

1. "Birds fly, fish swim and babies cry. It's just nature. Don't worry when they cry, once you've made sure they fed, warm, dry & clean."

2. "When quiet, babies use only a small section of their lungs, when crying they ventilate their entire lungs. A ventilated lung is a healthy lung. Crying is their only way of exercising and strengthening their lungs, windpipe, vocal cords, chest muscles and general breathing apparatus. It's actually a good aerobic workout for their tiny bodies."

Thank goodness it was only a passing phase. Babies grow up very quickly. relieved

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down