NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High School cheerleader cleared of murdering her newborn baby

2 posters

Go down

High School cheerleader cleared of murdering her newborn baby Empty High School cheerleader cleared of murdering her newborn baby

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 pm

The 18-year-old had concealed her pregnancy from her boyfriend and parents before giving birth in the family bathroom.

A high school cheerleader accused of killing her newborn baby so she could keep her "perfect life" has been cleared of murder.

Brooke Skylar Richardson cried as the judge read the not guilty verdicts on aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment charges.

Prosecutors had alleged that in May 2017 the then 18-year-old Richardson had given birth in the bathroom of her family home in Carlisle, Ohio. They claimed she smashed the skull of the baby then buried the corpse in the backyard.

Richardson had hidden her unwanted pregnancy from her boyfriend and parents and continued with life as normal, attending her high school prom and making plans to go to university in Cincinnati.

It was to maintain this "perfect life" that she had killed her child, claimed the prosecution.

https://news.sky.com/story/high-school-cheerleader-cleared-of-murdering-her-newborn-baby-11808157?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Back to top Go down

High School cheerleader cleared of murdering her newborn baby Empty Re: High School cheerleader cleared of murdering her newborn baby

Post by Maddog Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 pm

phildidge wrote:The 18-year-old had concealed her pregnancy from her boyfriend and parents before giving birth in the family bathroom.

A high school cheerleader accused of killing her newborn baby so she could keep her "perfect life" has been cleared of murder.

Brooke Skylar Richardson cried as the judge read the not guilty verdicts on aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment charges.

Prosecutors had alleged that in May 2017 the then 18-year-old Richardson had given birth in the bathroom of her family home in Carlisle, Ohio. They claimed she smashed the skull of the baby then buried the corpse in the backyard.

Richardson had hidden her unwanted pregnancy from her boyfriend and parents and continued with life as normal, attending her high school prom and making plans to go to university in Cincinnati.

It was to maintain this "perfect life" that she had killed her child, claimed the prosecution.

https://news.sky.com/story/high-school-cheerleader-cleared-of-murdering-her-newborn-baby-11808157?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Dont know about Ohio, but most states allow for you to drop a baby off, no questions and no strings attached.

There is no need for this post partum abortion.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

High School cheerleader cleared of murdering her newborn baby Empty Re: High School cheerleader cleared of murdering her newborn baby

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:38 pm

The article is on Sky, which requires the user to change his or her security settings.

No thanks...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:The article is on Sky, which requires the user to change his or her security settings.

No thanks...

It's been widely covered. You can find it on a dozen sites. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:26 pm

I'll see if I can find it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Maddog wrote:
phildidge wrote:The 18-year-old had concealed her pregnancy from her boyfriend and parents before giving birth in the family bathroom.

Dont know about Ohio, but most states allow for you to drop a baby off, no questions and no strings attached.

Its not an abortion. No idea why you use that political terminology, but I find this case very interesting.
I am surprised she never went and had an abortion to be honest and there is little detail on this to understand why
Even more wierd is how nobody noticed that she was pregnant.
Though am surprised she got away with what seems to be manslaughter.
Frankly I think she should have been found guilty

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:02 pm

phildidge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Its not an abortion. No idea why you use that political terminology, but I find this case very interesting.
I am surprised she never went and had an abortion to be honest and there is little detail on this to understand why

I used the word post partum before abortion for a reason.

Anyway, she killed the child and yes it's odd that no one knew, and that she didn't get an abortion (although she may not have known until it was too late).

All she had to do was give the child away if she didn't want it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:I'll see if I can find it.

If you can't, maybe this internet thingy is a bit more than you can handle.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I used the word post partum before abortion for a reason.

Anyway, she killed the child and yes it's odd that no one knew, and that she didn't get an abortion (although she may not have known until it was too late).

All she had to do was give the child away if she didn't want it.

I understand the point on postpartum, but to invoke abortion you were being political mate

There is so many unknowns here and in no way am i excusing her actions, but was she from a religious family?
Could this have played a part in her actions?
I agree she could have given the child away and at least offered this to a family member of the boyfriend.
Her actions were criminal to me, no matter the excuses

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:09 pm

In 2001, Ohio enacted a law to reduce the number of infant deaths due to abandonment in unsafe environments. The law, known as the Safe Haven Law, allows parents to legally abandon a newborn within 72 hours of the child's birth. Under the law, a parent is legally permitted to voluntarily deliver a child to a peace officer, hospital employee, or emergency medical service worker, without the parent expressing intent to return for the child.

https://www.laubacherlaw.com/blog/2015/01/what-is-ohios-safe-haven-law.shtml

Yeah, Ohio has basically the same law as Texas.

She didn't even have to tell anyone.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down