NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive

+8
Ben Reilly
Eilzel
veya_victaous
Syl
HoratioTarr
'Wolfie
Raggamuffin
eddie
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive Empty Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Here’s an entertaining compilation of atheists on television (or giving lectures) and being as blunt as ever:

And to those who take offense to things they’re saying, I’d love to know a nicer way to tell people their beliefs are based on lies.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/04/21/being-honest-about-religious-beliefs-shouldnt-be-offensive/

Back to top Go down

Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive Empty Re: Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:59 pm

I really think you're on dangerous ground telling people their religions are based on lies and I actually find atheists to be louder and in your face than religious people.

You have no idea if it's a bunch of lies or not. It's your opinion. And atheists sets of beliefs are their own religion, no?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive Empty Re: Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:03 pm

eddie wrote:I really think you're on dangerous ground telling people their religions are based on lies and I actually find atheists to be louder and in your face than religious people.

You have no idea if it's a bunch of lies or not. It's your opinion. And atheists sets of beliefs are their own religion, no?

How is it dangerous grounds?

I have the reality to show there is no evidence for these beliefs..

Is the dangerous grounds you speak of that my life is threatened by doing so, for simple being able to point out there is no evidence?

So I have a very good understanding whether something is bullshit or not.

Do you believe in the Tooth Fairy?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm

You have no proof of anything until you die and then you won't be able to say anyway.

It's your absolute refusal to say that it's your opinion and the absolute truth without any proof.

As for the tooth fairy I don't think she's real no, but how can I say with absolute certainty she isn't and how can I prove it?

All I know it that most atheists are insufferable know-it-alls that actually know nothing for certain just like religious people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:13 pm

eddie wrote:You have no proof of anything until you die and then you won't be able to say anyway.

It's your absolute refusal to say that it's your opinion and the absolute truth without any proof.

As for the tooth fairy I don't think she's real no, but how can I say with absolute certainty she isn't and how can I prove it?

All I know it that most atheists are insufferable know-it-alls that actually know nothing for certain just like religious people.

The onus is not one me to prove something that someone cannot proves exists.
To say I have to wait until I die to find out this evidence is about as absurd and stupid as its gets.
The point on religions is that they are based on fear based bullshit to control people.
So I do not hold out to any truth, only that I seek people to provide the evidence

What you just proposed Eddie, was sheer bullshit multiples by a factor of infinity.

I can say that at present not tooth fairy exists

So prove otherwise and even more so prove otherwise how and why you think its good to believe in something that controls people by being willing slaves? Sums up your insecurities over death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Can't be bothered to watch it. It won't make a difference anyway, and the opinions of atheists have no more validity than the opinions of anyone else.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Didge you'll turn this into something else like you always do but the fact remains: you cannot prove anything you've claimed about religion or tooth fairies because you can't.

So it remains your opinion.

And until you have proof that's all it is. You are dealing with your opinions not facts.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:18 pm

eddie wrote:Didge you'll turn this into something else like you always do but the fact remains: you cannot prove anything you've claimed about religion or tooth fairies because you can't.

And until you have proof that's all it is. You are dealing with your opinions not facts.

Let me explain this in 5 year old mentality, so you will understand and why those religious like you are so over sensitive.

The facts are this.

Its not up to me to disprove something that has not been proven to exist

The fact you and others get so worked up as you are doing now because people rightly ridicule how some people are so insecure. That they fear death and cannot accept their reality. That they have to buy into bullshit claims, that were invented solely to control people.

So this is not based on my opinion.

This is based on how people so gullible, will buy into and believe anything, if it quells a fear they have over death itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Cool

I would rather be considered an agnostic rather than an atheist any day...

Professional self-appointed atheists have always been a proverbial pain-in-the-arse --  just as bad as any religious zealots..  And, imagine one day you found out there was an 'afterlife'  !

Call me a pagan, a heretic, an infidel, just don't call me an "atheist"..  As an aside : Richard Dawkins is one of the most mind-numbing orators around --  he might write well, but his talking will beat any sleeping tablets, hands down...        Sleep

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:34 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Cool

Professional self-appointed atheists have always been a proverbial pai-in-the-arse --  just as bad as any religious zealots..

Call me a pagan, a heretic, an infidel, just don't call me an "atheist"..  Richard Dawkins is one of the most mind-numbing orators around --  he might write well, but his talking will beat any sleeping tablets, hands down...        Sleep

I would rather be a pain in the arse and allow people to see sense, than for people to become voluntary slaves to religious scripture Wolf.

If people have religious beliefs not based on any dogma or doctrine, good luck to them. Sadly though many people are drawn through fear, to follow myths.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 pm

What people believe is their own business ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What people believe is their own business ...

It is their business, until they try to force this onto others.

Maybe you should tell those religious to respect others beliefs.

As they constantly do not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What people believe is their own business ...

You want to tell others what to believe though, whether or not it affects others. It's not your business.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You want to tell others what to believe though, whether or not it affects others. It's not your business.

I just want to educate people to the facts of life

If you are against that, why are you not against anyone attempting to convert someone to religion.

By an individual belief itself you hold is an insult to every other belief, as it holds the view they are wrong.

So why is it more than anyone its religious people who want to tell others what they should believe and convert them?

I only wish people to open up their minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If you are against that, why are you not against anyone attempting to convert someone to religion.

By an individual belief itself you hold is an insult to every other belief, as it holds the view they are wrong.

So why is it more than anyone its religious people who want to tell others what they should believe and convert them?

People can make up their own minds - they don't need you to "educate" them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Well based on your ignorance of history, its clear, you need to change your stance on allowing others to educate you.

Love how you avoided every point and avoid how in every way, its the religious that constantly try to convert others. This you have no issue with and makes you the worst hypocrite going.

You see, I can literally turn your immature arguments on their head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well based on your ignorance of history, its clear, you need to change your stance on allowing others to educate you.

Love how you avoided every point and avoid how in every way, its the religious that constantly try to convert others. This you have no issue with and makes you the worst hypocrite going.

I'm not ignorant of history. You take everything at face value, and your attitude is a bit jejune. You're always banging on about religion and how you want people to stop having faith "for their own good". They will decide what's good for them, not you.

I haven't mentioned religious people trying to convert others - you invented that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Sp you are against me educating people to facts Rags.

Lets hear you declare to the forum, you are against any religious person preaching to anyone to convert them.

As to them, they are educating them in their beliefs.

So do you on record state, you are against any religious preaching?

Take your time infant.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Can't be bothered to watch it. It won't make a difference anyway, and the opinions of atheists have no more validity than the opinions of anyone else.

Absolutely. Five hundred years ago everyone believed the world was flat, and nobody could prove otherwise. I don't hold to religion, I personally believe it's man made...but I can still respect another's beliefs in their God because that's their reality, or perhaps they've had some inner revelation or epiphany that gives them that faith. We all have our own spiritual paths to walk, and if we choose not to believe that's fine. But don't push your lack of belief on others, any more than a believer can push it on an atheist.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Can't be bothered to watch it. It won't make a difference anyway, and the opinions of atheists have no more validity than the opinions of anyone else.

Absolutely.     Five hundred years ago everyone believed the world was flat, and nobody could prove otherwise.     I don't hold to religion,  I personally believe it's man made...but I can still respect another's beliefs in their God because that's their reality, or perhaps they've had some inner revelation or epiphany that gives them that faith.   We all have our own spiritual paths to walk, and if we choose not to believe that's fine.   But don't push your lack of belief on others, any more than a believer can push it on an atheist.  

You can respect a persons religious belief its okay to force marriage onto someone?
Or child marriage?

Explain that to me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Thorin wrote:Sp you are against me educating people to facts Rags.

Lets hear you declare to the forum, you are against any religious person preaching to anyone to convert them.

Take your time infant.

Learn some manners if you want to debate with me. Stop making demands too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:Sp you are against me educating people to facts Rags.

Take your time infant.

I don't offer manners when that poster acts like a child

So are you against educating religious people that think its acceptable to stone to death a person, for the religious crime of adultery?

Or do you respect their religious views?

How about apostasy?

My manners are reserved for people of intelligence

You do not qualify as seen

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Absolutely.     Five hundred years ago everyone believed the world was flat, and nobody could prove otherwise.     I don't hold to religion,  I personally believe it's man made...but I can still respect another's beliefs in their God because that's their reality, or perhaps they've had some inner revelation or epiphany that gives them that faith.   We all have our own spiritual paths to walk, and if we choose not to believe that's fine.   But don't push your lack of belief on others, any more than a believer can push it on an atheist.  

Exactly, but some atheists are rather aggressive and insist that everyone should be like them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So are you against educating religious people that think its acceptable to stone to death a person, for the religious crime of adultery?

How about apostasy?

Your arrogance and rudeness makes you unfit to enter into a debate with. You are also rather stupid, and clearly lacking in awareness as you think you are intelligent.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:Didge you'll turn this into something else like you always do but the fact remains: you cannot prove anything you've claimed about religion or tooth fairies because you can't.

Let me explain this in 5 year old mentality, so you will understand and why those religious like you are so over sensitive.

The facts are this.

The fact you and others get so worked up as you are doing now because people rightly ridicule how some people are so insecure. That they fear death and cannot accept their reality. That they have to buy into bullshit claims, that were invented solely to control people.

This is based on how people so gullible, will buy into and believe anything, if it quells a fear they have over death itself.

You insulted me in your first sentence so I'll use your little buzz word on you:

Triggered!

And I'm not religious. So try again.

You get the first sentence in a post wrong I won't take the time to read your next few sentences.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm not ignorant of history. You take everything at face value, and your attitude is a bit jejune. You're always banging on about religion and how you want people to stop having faith "for their own good". They will decide what's good for them, not you.

I haven't mentioned religious people trying to convert others - you invented that.

Atheists have their own "religion" and spout it like a mantra. They really are the other side of the coin of the religious zealots they hate.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

How about apostasy?

Your arrogance and rudeness makes you unfit to enter into a debate with. You are also rather stupid, and clearly lacking in awareness as you think you are intelligent.

Yes I am rude and arrogant when it comes to stupid people who fail to see they defend bad beliefs through religion. So you deserve every contempt thrown your way..

So answer the questions

How about apostasy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:15 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Atheists have their own "religion" and  spout it like a mantra. They really are the other side of the coin of the religious zealots they hate.

Yes their religion is called common sense and based on the golden rule

So how can they be hateful based on this?

Do you need to phone a friend based on your poor unfounded accusation eddie?

Why is it, that gullible idiots like you continue to spin lies and defend poor religious beliefs?

So my question to you?

Does Atheist doctrine support the execution of non-athiests?

Does some religions execute people for leaving their faith?

The only zealot is the imbecile charging others as you are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:17 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The facts are this.

You insulted me in your first sentence so I'll use your little buzz word on you:

Triggered!

You get the first sentence in a post wrong I won't take the time to read your next few sentences.

You are an apologist of religion and a hater of reason

I have got you down to a tea of a bitter and insecure woman

Now the only person triggered is you bent up never listening to people who disagree with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes I am rude and arrogant when it comes to stupid people who fail to see they defend bad beliefs through religion. So you deserve every contempt thrown your way..

So answer the questions

How about apostasy?

I told you - learn some manners if you want to debate with me. You're one of those people who keeps doing the same thing and expects a different result. You'll get a different result when you learn to be more respectful.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So answer the questions

How about apostasy?

I told you - learn some manners if you want to debate with me. You're one of those people who keeps doing the same thing and expects a different result. You'll get a different result when you learn to be more respectful.

Copout and your excuses is not fooling anyone

Try again

So answer the questions

How about apostasy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Copout

Try again

So answer the questions

How about apostasy?

You're still being rude. You never learn do you?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Atheists have their own "religion" and  spout it like a mantra. They really are the other side of the coin of the religious zealots they hate.

Yes they are - they're very intolerant and lacking in self awareness.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Copout

Try again

So answer the questions

How about apostasy?

You're still being rude. You never learn do you?

So based on your excuses, I take that as you support the death penalty for adultery and to you its wrong to educate people that this is wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes they are - they're very intolerant and lacking in self awareness.

Well are you tolerant of child marriage?

How about the death penalty for apostasy?

Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive Tolerance-of-intolerance-is-cowardice

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The facts are this.

Triggered!

Now the only person triggered is you bent up never listening to people who disagree with you.

Wow. You are wasted on here. You really should have been a psychologist.
You have me down to a cup of tea right there!!

How did you know how bitter and insecure I was? I thought I hid that rather well.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Wow. You are wasted on here.  You really should have been a psychologist.
You have me down to a cup of tea right  there!!

How did you know how bitter and insecure I was? I thought I hid that rather well.

It happens when see those who have a break up sadly and how they act.

You have become bitter of late

Anyway score for avoiding why you tolerate religious intolerance

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:48 pm

You don't even know why I broke up with anyone and to actually bring that up shows you cannot debate with getting hysterical.

You said that to nems once too. You're one of those people who assumes stuff and not for one moment will I waste any of more of my time encouraging you to talk fuckeries becasue I actually can't stoop to your level.

And I really will whip your arse if I do.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:52 pm

eddie wrote:You don't even know why I broke up with anyone and to actually bring that up shows you cannot debate with getting hysterical.

You said that to nems once too.  You're one of those people who assumes stuff and not for one moment will I waste any of more of my time encouraging you to talk fuckeries becasue I actually can't stoop to your level.

And I really will whip your arse if I do.

So told me you were no longer married

That is not assuming

The rest is just more fuckwittery for how you defend intolerant religious beliefs

You need to move on with your life and not be bitter, close the chapter of that past life.

That advice is for free and its up to you to take that or not, but by the above, you are clearly bitter and using this to excuse the other bullshit claptrap you made about myself and atheism.

You have stooped far worse in fact, but I dont point score

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:20 pm

I was never married in the first place.  That's about the fourth time I've told you that (and it's never been relevant every time you've mentioned it)
That's why I don't  bother communicating at certain times with you because:

1. You actually can't listen properly, like this is a real problem for you...actually hearing others.

2. You make shit up about me whenever you feel like it then about two days later say the exact opposite.

So on that note. Enjoy your imagination.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:16 pm

It's a low blow bringing a persons private life into a debate...specially when it has no bearing.

Re religion.....as long as people have free choice it's up to them what they do  or don't believe.
Much of the hatred in the world would disappear if people
stopped trying to force others into believing the way they do....live and let live.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:14 am

eddie wrote:I was never married in the first place.  That's about the fourth time I've told you that (and it's never been relevant every time you've mentioned it)
That's why I don't  bother communicating at certain times with you because:

1. You actually can't listen properly, like this is a real problem for you...actually hearing others.

2. You make shit up about me whenever you feel like it then about two days later say the exact opposite.

So on that note. Enjoy your imagination.

Babble, you change your story more times than I know and frankly am bored at your excuses.

What I do know is people like you are problematic in the world with your delusional beliefs.

So back to the points at hand that both you and Rags ran away from answering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:25 am

Syl wrote:It's a low blow bringing a persons private life into a debate...specially when it has no bearing.

Re religion.....as long as people have free choice it's up to them what they do  or don't believe.
stopped trying to force others into believing the way they do....live and let live.

Nobody is saying people cannot believe what they want to believe, but are you claiming we should not teach people some things are wrong when they effect the well being and equality of others?

Should we do nothing for the human rights of children?

Of Women?

Much of the hatred of the world would disappear if there was no religion, over 2,000 years of hate has been by and large because of religious beliefs

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:17 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Cool

Professional self-appointed atheists have always been a proverbial pain-in-the-arse --  just as bad as any religious zealots..  And, imagine one day you found out there was an 'afterlife'  !

Call me a pagan, a heretic, an infidel, just don't call me an "atheist"..  As an aside :  Richard Dawkins is one of the most mind-numbing orators around --  he might write well, but his talking will beat any sleeping tablets, hands down...        Sleep

I agree

we can know (through Science) that many religions are factually incorrect
But we have no evidence of the nothingness of atheist faith.

All we can be sure of is that we don't know for sure Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive 202592697 Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive 202592697 Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive 202592697
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:33 am

what i find more annoying is the hypocrisy or anti logic expressed by devotee of any faith (including the atheist faith)

Like Justifying something 'because it says so in the bible' but then ignoring the bit that don't suit, If some can be ignored then all can be. thus it being in the bible is not justification at all

Or Atheists trying to convert people using the justification that Religious try and convert people, Or atheist being intolerant of religion based in religions being intolerant.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:what i find more annoying is the hypocrisy or anti logic expressed by devotee of any faith (including the atheist faith)

Like Justifying something 'because it says so in the bible' but then ignoring the bit that don't suit, If some can be ignored then all can be. thus it being in the bible is not justification at all

Or Atheists trying to convert people using the justification that Religious try and convert people, Or atheist being intolerant of religion based in religions being intolerant

So you are against educating science then and reason?

Fail to see how that is converting, but opening peoples eyes up to the truth.

There is no atheist faith and such a view is illogical, as you do not need to have faith in non-belief.

The great thing about atheism, is there is no set beliefs. The beliefs the person has will be non religious.

Well are you tolerant of practices that effect the well being and equality of others?

For example, do you approve of stoning people to death for adultery?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Syl wrote:It's a low blow bringing a persons private life into a debate...specially when it has no bearing.

Re your first point. He does it all the time. I just wish he'd remember what people say instead of making it up.

There's a reason people get personal - and funnily enough, when didge is in a good mood he's the first to tell people off for it..... Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive 2190311264

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:54 pm

veya_victaous wrote:what i find more annoying is the hypocrisy or anti logic expressed by devotee of any faith (including the atheist faith)

Or Atheists trying to convert people using the justification that Religious try and convert people, Or atheist being intolerant of religion based in religions being intolerant.

In a nutshell!!! Exactly my point.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:56 pm

eddie wrote:

Re your first point. He does it all the time. I just wish he'd remember what people say instead of making it up.

There's a reason people get personal - and funnily enough, when didge is in a good mood he's the first to tell people off for it.....  Being Honest About Religious Beliefs Shouldn’t Be Offensive 2190311264

Yes I can be a bad person and can admit when I am.

Can you do that Eddie?

Nope

Do you do that when you call me a drunk?

No

Or a geranium?

No

All you do is look to defect that people like you end up defending poor beliefs.

So again I ask, do you think its okay to not speak out against bad beliefs?

Do you think we should tolerate child Marriage??

The death penalty for apostasy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:56 pm

eddie wrote:

In a nutshell!!! Exactly my point.

So in a nutshell, you cannot argue your own points

So you are against educating science then and reason?

Fail to see how that is converting, but opening peoples eyes up to the truth.

There is no atheist faith and such a view is illogical, as you do not need to have faith in non-belief.

The great thing about atheism, is there is no set beliefs. The beliefs the person has will be non religious.

Well are you tolerant of practices that effect the well being and equality of others?

For example, do you approve of stoning people to death for adultery?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next