NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings.

+4
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Syl
8 posters

Go down

Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. Empty Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings.

Post by Syl Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/26/girl-10-not-allowed-on-plane-because-she-was-wearing-leggings-6535507/

Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. Aw-leggings-girl-child-plane-tweets

"A child was barred from getting on her flight ‘because she was wearing leggings.’
The girl, 10, went to embark her United Airlines plane from Denver to Minneapolis this morning, according to a women who witnessed her at the gate.
But she was told her clothing was inappropriate, even though her father was reportedly allowed to board wearing shorts.
In order to get on the flight, she had to change into a dress she had in her luggage, witnesses said on social media, criticising the airline.
Two other girls were reportedly not allowed to board at all because they didn’t have a change of clothes."

How odd...whats wrong with leggings?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. Empty Re: Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings.

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:14 pm

All spandex should be banned everywhere. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. Empty Re: Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings.

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. Yogapants
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Visible thongs and also those jeans that men wear half way down their arse should also be banned. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Syl wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/26/girl-10-not-allowed-on-plane-because-she-was-wearing-leggings-6535507/

Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. Aw-leggings-girl-child-plane-tweets

"A child was barred from getting on her flight ‘because she was wearing leggings.’
The girl, 10, went to embark her United Airlines plane from Denver to Minneapolis this morning, according to a women who witnessed her at the gate.
But she was told her clothing was inappropriate, even though her father was reportedly allowed to board wearing shorts.
In order to get on the flight, she had to change into a dress she had in her luggage, witnesses said on social media, criticising the airline.
Two other girls were reportedly not allowed to board at all because they didn’t have a change of clothes."

What they're not telling you is that they were not ordinary passengers but getting a freebie as family of crew. A condition of which is suitable attire.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:37 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/26/girl-10-not-allowed-on-plane-because-she-was-wearing-leggings-6535507/

What they're not telling you is that they were not ordinary passengers but getting a freebie as family of crew. A condition of which is suitable attire.

What I wonder do they consider suitable attire, especially for a 10 year old?
Leggings are comfortable and mostly accepted everywhere.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Visible thongs and also those jeans that men wear half way down their arse should also be banned. Laughing

Yes I agree....and muffin tops hanging over low waisted jeans. Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. Yogapants

I bought some great cropped leggings for my holiday a couple of weeks ago. You may have referred to them as yoga pants in the states.
Black, lycra, calf length, with embroadered detail around the hem....great for day with a little t shirt, nice for night with a fancy top and sandals.

Rags would love them. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:47 pm

And women sans bras.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:53 am

people demanding others conform to their ideals of respectable clothing suck.
Fuck it, wear a Burka or thong and nipple tassels for all I care.

the argument is always the clothing is offensive, well I am offended by the imposing of personal ideals/opinions on others for no good reason.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:20 pm

veya_victaous wrote:people demanding others conform to their ideals of respectable clothing suck.

the argument is always the clothing is offensive, well I am offended by the imposing of personal ideals/opinions on others for no good reason.

I agree mostly....undecided about the nipple tassels though, especially if working with machinery.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:46 pm

veya_victaous wrote:people demanding others conform to their ideals of respectable clothing suck.

I agree with you and carrying it further. Films! It's infuriating to watch a film on TV that has been "modified" for television. What they mean is they are censoring, with their morals, for your consumption.

Curiously, they only "modify" the language. They leave in all the blood and violence parts. I'm sure I can withstand a few 'shits' and 'fucks', the question is, does watching the opening scene of Private Ryan make me want to go out and shoot up Kiss concert?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I agree with you and carrying it further.  Films!  It's infuriating to watch a film on TV that has been "modified" for television.  What they mean is they are censoring, with their morals, for your consumption.

Curiously, they only "modify" the language.  They leave in all the blood and violence parts.  I'm sure I can withstand a few 'shits' and 'fucks', the question is, does watching the opening scene of Private Ryan make me want to go out and shoot up Kiss concert?

I don't think we get that here, at least not with films shown after the watershed, which is 9pm.
18 rated films can be shown in full after 10pm if the TV channel is not pin protected.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I agree with you and carrying it further.  Films!  It's infuriating to watch a film on TV that has been "modified" for television.  What they mean is they are censoring, with their morals, for your consumption.

Curiously, they only "modify" the language.  They leave in all the blood and violence parts.  I'm sure I can withstand a few 'shits' and 'fucks', the question is, does watching the opening scene of Private Ryan make me want to go out and shoot up Kiss concert?

I don't think we get that here, at least not with films shown after the watershed, which is 9pm.

I gather you are saying you do get that there, only before 9 pm. No matter, I can well imagine that the evangelical thinking colors media around here. I don't mind when it's gratuitous sex or language, but sometimes a gag or a significant point is made by the way something is said. It's lost when they do cheap censorship.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:17 pm

The thinking is before 9pm, 10pm for 18 rated films, children could be watching.
Its a bit outdated because they can see a damn site more on the internet anytime they want if they are not being supervised.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I gather you are saying you do get that there, only before 9 pm.  No matter, I can well imagine that the evangelical thinking colors media around here.  I don't mind when it's gratuitous sex or language, but sometimes a gag or a significant point is made by the way something is said.  It's lost when they do cheap censorship.

Australia is similar to the UK in this regard

They don't really censor the films before 9pm(I think it is 8:30pm here) they just put 'offensive' ones on after, and schedule other programs earlier.
Swearing is rarely censored anytime and only really fuck and geranium. sex scenes are probably most like to get censored geek
Although overly violent films are normally on after 8:30 too
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm not understanding the 'why' of the banning?

Anyway, speaking of leggings, I have noticed this weird trend lately of women wearing gymwear when they're out and about. I don't get it. It's stupid.

I have some peacock leggings (photos here somewhere) that are like a satin finish and I wear them with converse. But they're not gymwear.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:35 pm

eddie wrote:I'm not understanding the 'why' of the banning?

Anyway, speaking of leggings, I have noticed this weird trend lately of women wearing gymwear when they're out and about. I don't get it. It's stupid.

I have some peacock leggings (photos here somewhere) that are like a satin finish and I wear them with converse. But they're not gymwear.

Maybe they've been to the gym? Also, I think they like to appear sporty and healthy without actually doing anything. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:41 pm

I bought these a few weeks ago.....I suppose they are gym wear but I don't go to the gym, I still wear them though. Laughing
Girl of 10 barred from flight because she was wearing leggings. 012010846365?$PSPMedium$
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:05 pm

'Sporty' is the latest trend .. I think from all those 'Instragramming' personal trainers posting 'motivational' profiles Rolling Eyes

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 am

veya_victaous wrote:

'Sporty' is the latest trend .. I think from all those 'Instragramming' personal trainers posting 'motivational' profiles Rolling Eyes

It's like a legging craze! Everyone is wearing sports clothes when they're dropping their kids off and then they go home and eat doughnuts.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 pm

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

It's like a legging craze! Everyone is wearing sports clothes when they're dropping their kids off and then they go home and eat doughnuts.  

lol!
I do notice there are lots of fat young mums around nowadays, far more fat females than males...so you could be right.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:53 pm

I rarely wear leggings, they don't do one's that stretch like tents Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Leggings on kids look great I think
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:37 pm

It depends on the leggings. Some of them look like tights - as if they forgot to put a skirt on. At least wear a long top over them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 pm

magica wrote:I rarely wear leggings, they don't do one's that stretch like tents Laughing

Some of the fat arses I see wearing leggings prove they do stretch a lot Mags.Twisted Evil
I also agree with Rags, sometimes especially on bigger women or older women (like me) they can look really good if you wear a longer top.
They are practical and comfy...and the biggest plus is they seldom need ironing. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I rarely wear leggings, they don't do one's that stretch like tents Laughing

Some of the fat arses I see wearing leggings prove they do stretch a lot Mags.Twisted Evil
I also agree with Rags, sometimes especially on bigger women or older women (like me) they can look really good if you wear a longer top.
They are practical and comfy...and the biggest plus is they seldom need ironing. cheers

Most things don't need ironing if you hang them up properly when you've washed them. Anything that needs ironing just stays in a cupboard in my house. Razz

Anyone who wears leggings should wear a long top, whether they're young, old, fat, or slim IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Most things don't need ironing if you hang them up properly when you've washed them. Anything that needs ironing just stays in a cupboard in my house. Razz

Anyone who wears leggings should wear a long top, whether they're young, old, fat, or slim IMO.

The main things that need an iron in my house are OH's shirts....ironing and fastening the fiddly little buttons when they have been ironed.
It has to be the most time consuming boring job I ever do.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Wow, dress codes imposed on children again.

What more can I say.

This is not a job, but travel.

How is this any different, than a parent enforcing how a child should dress based on their religious or in this case antiquated misogynistic Police enforcement beliefs?

There was once a ban on women to wear trousers in France.

When are people going to wake up and allow children to be free spirited?

What value are we teaching here, by this?

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:37 pm

Syl wrote:

I'm only kidding, I'm not that fat lol, if I wear them a nice long top, like Rags said, always goes over them.

I prefer bare legs tbh, unless cold then wear leggings with boots.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:33 pm

Thorin wrote:Wow, dress codes imposed on children again.

What more can I say.

This is not a job, but travel.

How is this any different, than a parent enforcing how a child should dress based on their religious or in this case antiquated misogynistic Police enforcement beliefs?

There was once a ban on women to wear trousers in France.

When are people going to wake up and allow children to be free spirited?

What value are we teaching here, by this?

I agree Thor, banning children from wearing fashionable comfortable practical leisure clothes is ridiculous.

I know we don't agree about school uniforms, where I do see the sense in them and you don't (but that's a different topic) but there is no sense in this dress ban at all.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down