NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRA - Martin McGuiness dies

+10
Miffs2
The Devil, You Know
JulesV
Raggamuffin
Victorismyhero
magica
HoratioTarr
Andy
Syl
nicko
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IRA - Martin McGuiness dies  Empty IRA - Martin McGuiness dies

Post by nicko Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:24 am

Martin Mc Guinness died this morning,    he was responsible for countless murders in Ireland.  BBC reporting it like he was fcucking Royalty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-northern-ireland-39184255

Last edited by eddie on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to amend title and add news link)
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

IRA - Martin McGuiness dies  Empty Re: IRA - Martin McGuiness dies

Post by Syl Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Colin Parry, who's young son Tim was murdered by the IRA in Warrington spoke about McGuinness's death this morning.
He said no amount of good work he has done in the last decade will ever make up for the years he supported the murders of innocent people.
He was very gracious though in the circumstances.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 pm

nicko wrote:Martin Mc Guinness died this morning,    he was responsible for countless murders in Ireland.  BBC reporting it like he was fcucking Royalty.

So I presume you would feel the same about ANY terrorist/freedom fighter who became a minister for their country?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Fuck off with your deflection Twisted Evil
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 pm

nicko wrote:Fuck off with your deflection Twisted Evil

Fuck off yourself, it's a relevant question unless you have a pea brain.  So any terrorist-freedom fighter should only be remembered for their crimes?  How about if they blew up people and then hung British soldiers and then became Prime Minster?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:34 pm

More deflections, how do you feel about the IRA, 28 INNOCENT CIVILIONS BLOWN TO PIECES IN A B,HAM PUB, and all you can do is post up bollocks. ARE you defending the IRA?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:57 pm

The troubles were a dreadful time, for both sides in NI and for the troops and innocents caught up in the carnage and mayhem.

But.

Without doubt, thanks to McGuiness, Adams, Paisley, Major and Blair, relative peace has been installed.

Time to draw a line in the sand and move on  and  forwards, without forgetting the history.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Come on shit for brains are you defending the IRA or just deflecting with your racist comments about the Jews. You are one disgusting old bitch, hateful old crone.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:06 pm

sassy wrote:

Fuck off yourself, it's a relevant question unless you have a pea brain.  So any terrorist-freedom fighter should only be remembered for their crimes?  How about if they blew up people and then hung British soldiers and then became Prime Minster?

That's hanged, not hung. tongue
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:09 pm

I came within minutes of being blown to pieces by this murdering bastard. He murdered many. Hope he rots.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:15 pm

nicko wrote:More deflections,  how do you feel about the IRA,  28 INNOCENT CIVILIONS BLOWN TO PIECES IN A B,HAM PUB,  and all you can do is post up bollocks.  ARE you defending the IRA?

Do stop getting your knickers in a twist and try to debate something in a grown up manner, with a broad knowledge base. Maybe not lol. I never condone violence, by anyone. It was very nice to see someone who believed in violence realise this it was counter productive and actually come to promote peace. Would that other terrorists/freedom fighters did the same. Would that Governments around the world stopped thinking that they produced anything but violence back from the violence they inflict on others. Shame to say, not all who achieved their ends through violence regretted it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:24 pm

My condolences to Jeremy Corbyn on the death of this IRA murderer. that's his true legacy, NOT some late coming "repentance"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Lord Foul wrote:My condolences to Jeremy Corbyn on the death of this IRA murderer. that's his true legacy, NOT some late coming "repentance"

What a pathetic comment, perhaps I should sent my condolences to John Major (and for that matter Thatcher) who had talks with him, as did everyone intested in stopping the violence. You only pretend to be a grown up Victor and just reach for the lowest common demoninator when your brain isn't working well. Bless, that gave me a laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Yerrr. If you say so ... Freedom fighters my arse.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:46 pm

Why don't you fuck off back to your other forum? every one there will agree with you. You'll get "greenies"for every post.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Being as it's nearer home sassy perhaps you'd like to meet with the relatives of the innocent young people blown to bits in Tavern in the Town in B,ham , one of whom was a young friend of mine. He left a wife and TWO little children. But you don't care, you are only interested in scoring points. You disgust me, and any other right thinking person.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:26 pm

You really are a small minded vindictive little man aren't you Nicko. I had a friend blown up in Singapore, had bombs planted in the sea wall beside the flats I lived in, pure luck them didn't go off. Why would I hate the Indonesians that did it now, it was a long time ago, different circumstances and they were fighting for what they believed in. Good job my Dad, who had friends blown up around him, doesn't hate all Germans, or my uncle, who was in a Japanese prisoner of war camp, hate all Japanese. So you posed the question, did I condone violence and and told I don't ever condone any violence. Unlike you, I wouldn't travel to a far off country to kill people.

What points am I scoring? I have a reasoned debate on an issue that has very wide implications, is not two dimentional and is still pertinent, because we still haven't learnt from it. I have a brain I use, I know that's not something you have to hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 pm

nicko wrote:Why don't you fuck off back to your other forum?   every one there will agree with you.   You'll get "greenies"for every post.

Are you jealous Nicko, bless. Obviously something that really hits a nerve with you. Didn't you know a lot of other people on here run there own forums. Would you be telling Flap the same if he disagreed with you. Of course you wouldn't, lick lick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:37 pm

nicko wrote:Come on shit for brains are you defending the IRA or just deflecting with your racist comments about the Jews.   You are one disgusting old bitch, hateful old crone.

We know that there are people on here who think of the IRA as "freedom fighters", and Sassy is one of them. Don't let her upset you.

The man was a terrorist and he had blood on his hands. He's gone now, and only he knew if he was really sorry for what he did and what he supported.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
nicko wrote:Come on shit for brains are you defending the IRA or just deflecting with your racist comments about the Jews.   You are one disgusting old bitch, hateful old crone.

We know that there are people on here who think of the IRA as "freedom fighters", and Sassy is one of them. Don't let her upset you.

The man was a terrorist and he had blood on his hands. He's gone now, and only he knows if he was really sorry for what he did and what he supported.
He was just as hateful as anyone else who organises and arranges the deaths of others.   No amount of 'peace talks' will make him clean.   He never once repented or apologised for what he'd done.     That idiot, Blair, was banging on about how grateful he was to McGuinness.  Birds of a fucking feather.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:21 pm

sassy wrote:You really are a small minded vindictive little man aren't you Nicko.  I had a friend blown up in Singapore, had bombs planted in the sea wall beside the flats I lived in, pure luck them didn't go off.   Why would I hate the Indonesians that did it now, it was a long time ago, different circumstances and they were fighting for what they believed in.   Good job my Dad, who had friends blown up around him, doesn't hate all Germans, or my uncle, who was in a Japanese prisoner of war camp, hate all Japanese.   So you posed the question, did I condone violence and and told I don't ever condone any violence.   Unlike you, I wouldn't travel to a far off country to kill people.

What points am I scoring?   I have a reasoned debate on an issue that has very wide implications, is not two dimentional and is still pertinent, because we still haven't learnt from it.   I have a brain I use, I know that's not something you have to hand.

deflection alert No1.....so you support ISIS then, by that measure...since they beleive in what they are fighting for...

I assume that..becasue it was a "long time ago" you have forgiven the indonesians that did it...forgiveness is for the weak and powerless....

deflection alert No2.... Where did Nicko say he hated ALL irish....thats right he didnt, but typically you introduce a nasty little straw man of hating a nation for the act of an individual...where its not been even suggested in order to justify your leftist sixhirb habit, after all thats what THAT was angling at isnt it??  lets call nicko a racist and shut him down...plain as daylight for all to see.

Deflection alert No3 following in the footsteps of the cowards quill wolfie and veya....who shout and stamp and "its tommy this and tommy that and chuck him out the brute" YOU wouldnt even dare raise your voice against an invader here...you would roll up in a ball and CRY for someone like nicko to save your ass.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:You really are a small minded vindictive little man aren't you Nicko.  I had a friend blown up in Singapore, had bombs planted in the sea wall beside the flats I lived in, pure luck them didn't go off.   Why would I hate the Indonesians that did it now, it was a long time ago, different circumstances and they were fighting for what they believed in.   Good job my Dad, who had friends blown up around him, doesn't hate all Germans, or my uncle, who was in a Japanese prisoner of war camp, hate all Japanese.   So you posed the question, did I condone violence and and told I don't ever condone any violence.   Unlike you, I wouldn't travel to a far off country to kill people.

What points am I scoring?   I have a reasoned debate on an issue that has very wide implications, is not two dimentional and is still pertinent, because we still haven't learnt from it.   I have a brain I use, I know that's not something you have to hand.

deflection alert No1.....so you support ISIS then, by that measure...since they beleive in what they are fighting for...

I assume that..becasue it was a "long time ago" you have forgiven the indonesians that did it...forgiveness is for the weak and powerless....

deflection alert No2.... Where did Nicko say he hated ALL irish....thats right he didnt, but typically you introduce a nasty little straw man of hating a nation for the act of an individual...where its not been even suggested in order to justify your leftist sixhirb habit, after all thats what THAT was angling at isnt it??  lets call nicko a racist and shut him down...plain as daylight for all to see.

Deflection alert No3 following in the footsteps of the cowards quill wolfie and veya....who shout and stamp and "its tommy this and tommy that and chuck him out the brute" YOU wouldnt even dare raise your voice against an invader here...you would roll up in a ball and CRY for someone like nicko to save your ass.....

I try to stay out of arguments like these but I cant help mysefl after reading this post. alien
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:46 pm

nicko wrote:Why don't you fuck off back to your other forum?   every one there will agree with you.   You'll get "greenies"for every post.

Sassy does not use any of that juvenile 'greenie' shite on her forum.
(I don't  use that system at my place either, for the record. I don't know of anyone who does.)

Another thing - I have never seen her make a comment about the green/red system.
I expect she has far more important issues to concern herself about.
'Tis all.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Good riddance to IRA scum.
There is never any excuse for terrorism, when people have alternative avenues to peace. The IRA and the Provo terrorist groups took the road of violence instead. Do not forget the Catholic Northern Irish first welcome the British soldiers, because of the troubles. What you have is where two people did not respect the self determination of the Northern Irish.  

They could like now, for parties, that back the Political persuasion or ones who look to unite for Ireland, not violence.

Sassy is eluding the Jewish terrorism ( ith not the guts to say it), at a time, after countless atrocities by the Arabs in retaliation, and due to the white paper of 1939. Which basically sentenced to death hundreds of thousands of Jews. In this situation, the British where allow mass immigration of Arabs into the area, whilst Jews were restricted not only into the Mandate for Palestine, but even Britain and the US. Hundreds of thousands of Jews could have survived the holocaust but were denied being able to leave, due to restricted access. In this situation, you are left with no option but to fight back, but even then any terrorist act that murders people, would still be wrong. They should have resorted to civil disobedience and sabotage.

She is basically trying to justify Palestinian terrorism, which has zero justification. As it is the Palestinian Arabs who at every turn have thwarted any chance at peace or for the Palestinians to have a nation, Because they refuse to accept the existence of Israel. They could have peace tomorrow, but refuse to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Tebbit said it best. A coward who sought peace to keep himself out of prison
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:55 pm

nicko wrote:Martin Mc Guinness died this morning,    he was responsible for countless murders in Ireland.  BBC reporting it like he was fcucking Royalty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-northern-ireland-39184255

I'm with Tebbit on this one, let's hope McGuiness is in the deepest corner of hell.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:02 pm

sassy wrote:

any terrorist who covers up the murders he and those under his command does not deserve any respect.
McGuinness sought peace because the IRA was totally infiltrated by MI5 and it was his only way to avoid jail for life.
Had he been totally open about where the bodies were buried he might have been shown a little more respect.

He may well be the peoples terrorists in the eyes of terrorist supporters, but that does not excuse the murder and mayhem he committed and ordered committed over many many years.

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Angry Andy wrote:The troubles were a dreadful time, for both sides in NI and for the troops and innocents caught up in the carnage and mayhem.

But.

Without doubt, thanks to McGuiness, Adams, Paisley, Major and Blair, relative peace has been installed.

Time to draw a line in the sand and move on  and  forwards, without forgetting the history.
yes but to listen to the sickening media obituaries today you would think the man was a saint.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Yerrr.  If you say so ... Freedom fighters my arse.
freedom fighters in the same sense as Al Capone was involved in an armed struggle
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:07 pm

sassy wrote:

Are you jealous Nicko, bless.  Obviously something that really hits a nerve with you.   Didn't you know a lot of other people on here run there own forums.   Would you be telling Flap the same if he disagreed with you.   Of course you wouldn't, lick lick.
odd you chose to steal a right wing forum instead of creating your own.
I imagine seren would not be too happy
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Jules wrote:

(I don't  use that system at my place either, for the record. I don't know of anyone who does.)

Another thing - I have never seen her make a comment about the green/red system.
'Tis all.
yes she does I have just had a look and seen them
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
sassy wrote:

Are you jealous Nicko, bless.  Obviously something that really hits a nerve with you.   Didn't you know a lot of other people on here run there own forums.   Would you be telling Flap the same if he disagreed with you.   Of course you wouldn't, lick lick.
I imagine seren would not be too happy[/quote

Seren isn't back is she?!
Baaa!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:23 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
sassy wrote:

I imagine seren would not be too happy

lol, just been having a read, makes for quite a hate fest it seems and jacknory of claims made. Especially about the latest unfounded apartheid claim on Israel. Where apparently the UN was okay with the content, even though  it condemned it as it had been used in its name and written by someone sacked from the UN, for their antisemitism. Disowned this garbage, which would have made every nation state Apartheid. Then a piece by the very left Owen Jones on antisemitism is attacked and then lies, that being critical of the Israel government is antisemitism. No definition of antisemitism, claims genuine criticism of Israel is antisemitism. More jackanory. Claiming antisemitism is not allowed within the Labour Party, even more jackanory. What they certainly allow is hate of zionists on the forum, which is an ideology, that believes in a home for the Jews. Of which they now have. So if they want to be critical of Zionism, that is acceptable, but hate of Zionists, is no different to hate of Muslims, who follow another ideology, Islam.

Go figure, the hypocrisy is astounding

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Jules wrote:

'Tis all.

They use them on the site that was mentioned earlier - if that's the one you mean.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:33 pm

magica wrote:I came within minutes of being blown to pieces by this murdering bastard. He murdered many. Hope he rots.

The IRA didn't even have much support from the people of Ireland... there were plenty of Irish killed/maimed by the IRA...

I was nearly blown up when this happened...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_Street_mortar_attack
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
magica wrote:I came within minutes of being blown to pieces by this murdering bastard. He murdered many. Hope he rots.

The IRA didn't even have much support from the people of Ireland... there were plenty of Irish killed/maimed by the IRA...

No they didn't Tom. My Irish friends never supported them either. Like me you live to tell the tale. All those poor people/children, Irish and non Irish blown to pieces.  Such a sad time.

Last edited by magica on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:Tebbit said it best. A coward who sought peace to keep himself out of prison

Exactly.   I wonder if he was wearing his scapular when he breathed his last?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

That's three of us on here nearly killed by the IRA.   I missed the 8.40am 1992 Parsonage Gardens bomb by minutes.   The bomb was planted along the route I took to work behind Kendals (House of Fraser), at the exact time I usually passed.  But that morning, for some reason, I decided to wash my hair, even though I knew it would make me late for work.  I remember arriving onto St Mary's Parsonage to see all the office windows blown out and glass and debris everywhere.  Someone was watching over me that day.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:18 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11156356/Brighton-bombing-I-cant-find-it-in-my-heart-to-forgive-the-creature-Magee-says-Norman-Tebbit.html
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:14 am

Afraid of a little competition, nicko? Not much of a soldier boy then, eh? Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:55 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

That's three of us on here nearly killed by the IRA.   I missed the 8.40am 1992 Parsonage Gardens bomb by minutes.   The bomb was planted along the route I took to work behind Kendals (House of Fraser), at the exact time I usually passed.  But that morning, for some reason, I decided to wash my hair, even though I knew it would make me late for work.  I remember arriving onto St Mary's Parsonage to see all the office windows blown out and glass and debris everywhere.  Someone was watching over me that day.

You were lucky that day...

I was at work when the white van mortar bomb attack happened... my office window looked out facing the white van head on as it launched the attack... I remember hearing an unusual loud noise and jumping up to look... and seeing a man running from van, across to other near side of the road, and jumping on back of a motorbike and being driven off... white van was stationary in middle of road directly outside horse guards parade... could see big square cut out hole in top of van and 3 tubes/mortar launch pipes positioned in the back pointing in my direction!!!

The van then exploded in flames... some preplanned incendiary device presumably... and we were locked down for the rest of the day...

I remember that it started snowing soon after the attack... and the whole road was covered in about 2-3 inches of snow... except for a big clear circle around the white van where the heat from fire had melted it all...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:13 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It was a miracle no one died that day, many people were injured and the devastation took years to rebuild, but it could have been so much worse.
I live 7 miles away....it was my day off, I heard the blast clearly.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:02 am

THE IRA took its bombing campaign to the streets of Manchester yesterday, signalling that in the run up to Christmas it is prepared to attack busy shopping areas.
Two bombs injured 64 people and scared hundreds caught without warning in the rush hour attack on the city centre. Small packages of about 2lb of high explosive, hidden in bushes, exploded at 8.31am and 10.09am. An Irishman telephoned a warning to the Samaritans in Manchester 11 minutes after the first bomb detonated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ira-widens-bomb-campaign-manchester-shoppers-hurt-as-attacks-on-commerce-switch-away-from-london-1561326.html

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:39 am

In answer to Quill, I did 3 tours of Northern Ireland with the Para's ,
was shot at and shot back. [My score in the Game Book was 3 confirmed] You would shit your self at the noise of a burst balloon,
so please don't comment on things you know fuck all about !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 am

Original Quill wrote:

Afraid of a little competition, nicko?  Not much of a soldier boy then, eh? Evil or Very Mad

That wasn't nice - it was baiting. No
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:56 am

So there have been a few people here who weren't injured but have been close. The IRA affected many people, even if they never saw an attack. That was the idea of course - it was terrorism, designed to affect people.

I heard the Canary Wharf bomb go off whilst I was at home in London. Two people were killed in that attack, and the man who drove the truck was jailed for 25 years, and let out after 2 years. Of course McGuinness was in favour of peace - all his chums were being let out of prison, and he managed to avoid it himself.

The IRA didn't care who they hurt - they even killed horses. How horses were in any way responsible for their so-called "situation", I shall never know.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 am

Katie Hopkins wasn't impressed with him.

He had the extraordinary blessing of a reasonably long life. And the gift of knowing he was going to die. He was able to set his affairs in order, to say thank you to the people who loved him, and to feel at peace with the life he was leaving behind.

His victims, those who died at the hands of his army, his bombs, and allegedly his own sub-machine gun — had no such opportunity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4335196/Good-riddance-McGuinness-writes-Katie-Hopkins.html

I also dislike this fawning over the man, and I hope that any politician who chooses to do so makes it clear he or she is not speaking for the British public. The BBC in particular does not speak for me.

I won't be celebrating his death because I think that's crass, but he didn't suddenly become a good person because he died.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 am

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It was a miracle no one died that day, many people were injured and the devastation took years to rebuild, but it could have been so much worse.

That was the later bomb in 1996 wasn't it?  The one outside the Arndale?  It was a bigger bomb than the one that nearly got me.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:46 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

That was the later bomb in 1996 wasn't it?  The one outside the Arndale?  It was a bigger bomb than the one that nearly got me.

Ahhh yes, I was talking of the huge blast near M&S....so much devastation and so much damage.
I can remember phoning round my friends and family who were in the area that day.
The next day people went into work in Manchester city centre, the ones who still had work to go to, and carried on as normal.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:50 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Ahhh yes, I was talking of the huge blast near M&S....so much devastation and so much damage.
I can remember phoning round my friends and family who were in the area that day.
The next day people went into work in Manchester city centre, the ones who still had work to go to,  and carried on as normal.

People do carry on as normal...what other choice do they have?   To give in is to give terrorists what they want.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next