NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth

+3
Syl
eddie
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Empty Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:06 pm

https://www.theatlantic.com/timeline/

This part was funny, it's "what Hollywood thought teenagers looked like at the time you became a teenager":

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Timeline
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Empty Re: Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Here's mine. Infinitely cooler than you.
We had shades.

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Img_6124
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Empty Re: Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth

Post by Syl Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm

60's fashion (when I was a teenager) was like this...in fact I had a crocheted dress very like the white one in the pic.
We liberated all the women who came after us. cheers

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Fashion-in-the-60s-18
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:04 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/timeline/

This part was funny, it's "what Hollywood thought teenagers looked like at the time you became a teenager":

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Timeline

They look like people out of a John Hughes movie. Who are they?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:08 pm

You click on the link in the OP and put in your birthday and it gives you a picture of what your teen years were predicted to look like.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:11 pm

eddie wrote:You click on the link in the OP and put in your birthday and it gives you a picture of what your teen years were predicted to look like.

I already photo linked the pic. It is a John Hughes movie, Some Kind of Wonderful.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:You click on the link in the OP and put in your birthday and it gives you a picture of what your teen years were predicted to look like.

I already photo linked the pic.  It is a John Hughes movie, Some Kind of Wonderful.

That answer is totally not related to what I just said. Rolling Eyes
Never mind.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I already photo linked the pic.  It is a John Hughes movie, Some Kind of Wonderful.

That answer is totally not related to what I just said. Rolling Eyes
Never mind.

Deliberately so. I'm not into these kind of games.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Hahahahahahahaha
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Idea

IN the economics section of the timeline,  I reckon they are being much too kind to some of todays leading Western economies --  particularly in relation to the future for Italy, France and Britain...

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/02/the-world-in-2050-when-the-5-largest-economies-are-the-brics-and-us/253160/?utm_source=timeline

I can see Italy dropping out of the top 10 well before 2050 rolls around..
Quite possibly Italy could be behind Canada, South Korea and Australia well before then.

Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:46 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Idea

IN the economics section of the timeline,  I reckon they are being much too kind to some of todays leading Western economies --  particularly in relation to the future for Italy, France and Britain...

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/02/the-world-in-2050-when-the-5-largest-economies-are-the-brics-and-us/253160/?utm_source=timeline

I can see Italy dropping out of the top 10 well before 2050 rolls around..
Quite possibly Italy could be behind Canada, South Korea and Australia well before then.

Arrow

Italy, shortly after Greece IMO, is likely to go down the pan within the next five years as the utterly dysfunctional European Union implodes.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Syl wrote:60's fashion (when I was a teenager) was like this...in fact I had a crocheted dress very like the white one in the pic.
We liberated all the women who came after us.  cheers

I love those dresses look really sexy Smile

I was a teenager when rah rah skirts were in fashion and i was in love with Adam Ant lol

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth <a href=Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Adam_a11" />

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:38 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Syl wrote:60's fashion (when I was a teenager) was like this...in fact I had a crocheted dress very like the white one in the pic.
We liberated all the women who came after us.  cheers

I was a teenager when rah rah skirts were in fashion and i was in love with Adam Ant lol

Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth <a href=Some more fun: How the world's changed since your birth Adam_a11" />

At the risk of being condemned to eternity as a sexist male chauvinist pig, I'll bet you looked better in your rah rah skirt than I ever looked in my 1960s RAF uniform!

Adam Ant? I'm more of an Acker Bilk, Lonnie Donegan and Monty Sunshine groupie!!!!!!!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Adam Ant looks pretty damn fine in that picture.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 pm

AS Lonnie would say, The party's over my friend.

I love that Record.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:Adam Ant looks pretty damn fine in that picture.

Oh yeah .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

At the risk of being condemned to eternity as a sexist male chauvinist pig, I'll bet you looked better in your  rah rah skirt than I ever looked in my 1960s RAF uniform!

Adam Ant? I'm more of an Acker Bilk, Lonnie Donegan and Monty Sunshine groupie!!!!!!!

ha ha - I know Lonnie Donegan songs -my dad used to sing them to me especially this one to make me laugh .

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

At the risk of being condemned to eternity as a sexist male chauvinist pig, I'll bet you looked better in your  rah rah skirt than I ever looked in my 1960s RAF uniform!

ha ha - I know Lonnie Donegan songs -my dad used to sing them to me especially this one to make me laugh .

My late wife knew Lonnie and a lot of the celebrities of that era including people like Norman Wisdom. Her brother was an F1 racing driver and she used to get invites to a lot of parties and receptions. When we were first married I was a bit overwhelmed by it all!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down