NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene

5 posters

Go down

Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene  Empty Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:58 pm

I absolutely want one!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene  Empty Re: Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene

Post by Syl Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:42 pm

They remind me of....
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene  Empty Re: Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:13 pm

How is mashed potato in any way, like a cool dome house? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:14 pm

The shape Eddie...the shape. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 pm

hobbit houses
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Never mind mashed bloody potato??! Isn't the house cool? I would love that as a little tarot house in the middle of The Fields Of Sanctuary...surrounded by trees and rivers... where I could do readings for people.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:34 pm

It looks cold...I didn't watch it all though, OH brought me a glass then a refill of some  Cava we brought home from Spain last year...it's gone right o my head.
I don't want to live in a cold igloo shaped house anyway. Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene  Shivering
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:37 pm

You bloody lush. Go and eat some mashed potatoes.
That'll warn you up. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Did you ever taste Smash?
It was like baby food. Rolling Eyes

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:51 pm

yeah , but its bloody great with a nice custy pie and lashings of onion gravy......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:20 pm

Oh god no. Mash in a packet? That's just not good.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:05 pm

eddie wrote:I absolutely want one!

How about this...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-35948481
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Yes Tommy I've seen that!! Absolutely amazing!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:45 pm

Imagine trying to build something similar for yourself on a bit of water in/around the UK...!?

Although vast majority of small private boats on our waterways are themselves basically just floating plastic/fibre glass constructions...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Imagine trying to build something similar for yourself on a bit of water in/around the UK...!?

Although vast majority of small private boats on our waterways are themselves basically just floating plastic/fibre glass constructions...

Jersey? Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:56 pm

?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Jersey. They should bulldoze it all and build a plastic bottle city right there!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:54 am

eddie wrote:
I absolutely want one!

Idea

Not cheap,  though...

Need to be well ventilated and aired out --  to remove noxious fumes and gases from the plastics --  before being inhabited;
Need to be fire-proofed and vermin-proofed (e.g. against birds and rodents..) --  because of the nature of the construction (many of those built during the 1960s, '70s and '80s had a concrete layer sprayed over the poly' shell --  that advert' doesn't say what their "fire retardant" is..).

And --  domes and polyhedral structures are actually a very inefficient use of space, because of sloping and curved walls  -->>  meaning a bigger 'footprint' compared to more traditional structures.

Expensive to heat, cool and maintain..

There are good reasons why such construction methods aren't more common or popular;  nor why they are seen in use as either "affordable" or "emergency" housing....       Dome houses made from expandable polystyrene  1399249160

While that advertising shows plenty of flexibility and versatility in the different variations and expansion possibilities --   I suspect that some of the industrial, agricultural and retail spaces they highlighted, as well as a couple of the larger sized houses,  won't be that cheap in reality  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Well talk about piss on my bonfire.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:01 pm

not keen - remind me of half golf balls lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down