NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tara Palmer Tomkinson aged 45

+7
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
magica
HoratioTarr
JulesV
Syl
eddie
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tara Palmer Tomkinson aged 45  - Page 2 Empty Tara Palmer Tomkinson aged 45

Post by eddie Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Socialite Tara Palmer-Tomkinson found dead

A former Sunday Times columnist, reality TV star, and goddaughter of Prince Charles had received treatment in 2016 for a non-malignant brain tumour.
Officers were called to her flat in Bramham Gardens, South Kensington, at 13:40 GMT. A woman in her 40s was found dead at the scene, the Met Police said.
The death is being treated as unexplained.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall released a statement in which they said they were "deeply saddened and our thoughts are so much with the family", following the death of their close friend.
Palmer-Tomkinson rose to fame in the 1990s as a hard-partying "it girl" and put her names to several columns chronicling her glamorous lifestyle.
She was diagnosed with the tumour last January after returning from a skiing trip, and hit back at critics who blamed her frail health on her well-documented cocaine addiction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38911818

She apparently did a very emotional interview with Jeremy Kyle and that was her last.
She'd also recorded a single.

She seemed a troubled soul and I hope she has found peace.

Last edited by eddie on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Tara Palmer Tomkinson aged 45  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tara Palmer Tomkinson aged 45

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:52 pm

eddie wrote:Why would she make out she had a brain tumour?

I'm not convinced that she did - ie, said she had one when she didn't. Is it just speculation that she made it up, or does someone know for a fact that she did?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Her sister have an interview to clear one or two points up....its she who says Tara made the tumour story up.
I'm not sure why she had to speak publicly about her sister like this.....Tara didn't die of a brain tumour and she said herself it was none malignant and had cleared up, so its not really important.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Syl wrote:Her sister have an interview to clear one or two points up....its she who says Tara made the tumour story up.
I'm not sure why she had to speak publicly about her sister like this.....Tara didn't die of a brain tumour and she said herself it was none malignant and had cleared up, so its not really important.

I thought her friends said that she had made it up, not her sister. Her sister said she didn't have one. Perhaps there's been a misunderstanding. There was a lot of speculation that such a tumour might have led to her death. I've never said that myself, but it's been hinted at on the internet and in the press. Tara said herself that she had treatment and that it had gone. She didn't die of a brain tumour, benign or otherwise, but that doesn't mean that she never had one.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:57 pm

I think the confusion arose because Tara had a pituitary tumour rather than a brain tumour.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

She took them because she partied.   That's why most people take a social drug like cocaine.  It gives them a high and the energy to carry on partying until they drop.  She no doubt hammered the speed and ecstacy as well.     I lived with a cocaine addict, remember.   He didn't take them because he carried angst, or pain.  He took them because he wanted to.  Because it was part of the club culture, and because he was a party animal and he enjoyed it.

Her brain tumour was benign.  That's not what killed her.  I don't doubt the drugs killed her.

I don't know why people presume that all cocaine addicts take drugs to mask some kind of hidden or psychological pain.  Most people take recreationals because it's fun and affords a kind of pleasure that they want to repeat again and again.  It's really that simple.   The problem with drugs, is that if you do have any kind of psychological issues, no matter how small, then all that happens is you become unstable and paranoid much more quickly.  

I don't doubt this woman had problems, and unhappiness...but don't we all.

Edited to say: Long term cocaine use compromises the immune system.   Like most drugs.  

You may well be right about the cocaine. I didn't say that everyone who takes it does so because of unhappiness of some kind, they do it because it feels good and it's fun. Of course, they end up in a mess, as you know. It's not clear if she was actively using it leading up to her death. If she was, I doubt it was because it was fun - she was not out partying much in the end. If someone ends up addicted to illegal drugs, is it really self inflicted? You could say that I guess, but unfortunately a lot of people don't think about the consequences when they start.

However, that was just a small part of my post. What about the autoimmune disease? Many people have autoimmune disease without having used cocaine in their lives. Nobody really knows what causes autoimmune disease for sure, but the point is that it may well have been the cause of death if it was severe, or at least contributed. Her brain tumour was benign, but it might have caused other medical issues.

It's always a tragedy when drugs destroy a life. I think drugs and alcohol dependency are both terrible. The thing about cocaine is that people think it's a glamorous trendy drug that they are able to control. You start doing drugs and then they start doing you. Next thing you know your life is totally out of control. Nothing anybody can do, no matter how much they love you, because it's your own personal journey and battle. You cannot win against drugs unless that person is willing to fight it themselves. As for the autoimmune disease, when did she develop it? After or before her drug consumption began.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:52 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You may well be right about the cocaine. I didn't say that everyone who takes it does so because of unhappiness of some kind, they do it because it feels good and it's fun. Of course, they end up in a mess, as you know. It's not clear if she was actively using it leading up to her death. If she was, I doubt it was because it was fun - she was not out partying much in the end. If someone ends up addicted to illegal drugs, is it really self inflicted? You could say that I guess, but unfortunately a lot of people don't think about the consequences when they start.

However, that was just a small part of my post. What about the autoimmune disease? Many people have autoimmune disease without having used cocaine in their lives. Nobody really knows what causes autoimmune disease for sure, but the point is that it may well have been the cause of death if it was severe, or at least contributed. Her brain tumour was benign, but it might have caused other medical issues.

It's always a tragedy when drugs destroy a life.   I think drugs and alcohol dependency are both terrible.   The thing about cocaine is that people think it's a glamorous trendy drug that they are able to control.     You start doing drugs and then they start doing you.   Next thing you know your life is totally out of control.     Nothing anybody can do, no matter how much they love you, because it's your own personal journey and battle.  You cannot win against drugs unless that person is willing to fight it themselves.     As for the autoimmune disease, when did she develop it?   After or before her drug consumption began.  

I do agree about drugs and alcohol dependency. I think it must be terrible to live your life only caring about where the next fix comes from. Even if someone gets off them, I guess they have to reinvent their life, otherwise they'll go back on them.

However, she did not die of a drug overdose. I'm not sure when she developed the autoimmune disease, but I get the impression it was relatively recently, so after the drug consumption. I wonder if she was taking anti-inflammatories for her condition - they can cause stomach ulcers. Infection is another possible cause, and people with autoimmune conditions are sometimes more prone to infection - she was apparently worried about infections.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's always a tragedy when drugs destroy a life.   I think drugs and alcohol dependency are both terrible.   The thing about cocaine is that people think it's a glamorous trendy drug that they are able to control.     You start doing drugs and then they start doing you.   Next thing you know your life is totally out of control.     Nothing anybody can do, no matter how much they love you, because it's your own personal journey and battle.  You cannot win against drugs unless that person is willing to fight it themselves.     As for the autoimmune disease, when did she develop it?   After or before her drug consumption began.  

I do agree about drugs and alcohol dependency. I think it must be terrible to live your life only caring about where the next fix comes from. Even if someone gets off them, I guess they have to reinvent their life, otherwise they'll go back on them.

However, she did not die of a drug overdose. I'm not sure when she developed the autoimmune disease, but I get the impression it was relatively recently, so after the drug consumption. I wonder if she was taking anti-inflammatories for her condition - they can cause stomach ulcers. Infection is another possible cause, and people with autoimmune conditions are sometimes more prone to infection - she was apparently worried about infections.

I really think the drugs compromised her overall health. Weakened her. I think she perhaps neglected her health, or tried to soldier on, or kept the mad lifestyle going even as her health was breaking down. Who knows? Too young to die. But she lived in the fast lane for too many years. Perhaps her body just broke down and couldn't recover.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 pm

The word tumour is often used incorrectly, like so many medical terms are.  The literal meaning is ... a swelling or growth.  If a gland is overproducing hormones it does not necessarily mean it's swollen. TPT once had a hormonal imbalance but autopsy showed that her pituitary gland had stayed a normal size.

The pituitary sits directly on top of the roof of the mouth so to some people it's debatable whether it can be regarded as a true part of the brain anyway.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tara-palmer-tomkinson-was-in-high-spirits-when-she-died-of-natural-causes-says-sister/ar-AAmY6Eh?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

So Tara died of natural causes.

Hmmmm. Who dies of natural causes apart from old, already frail, people?

Yes I noticed many years ago that coroners are VERY careful what they write on the death certificates of millionaires who die suddenly and inexplicably. They tend to take the most charitable view/option available to them. There is usually a lot at stake, insurance wise. Also, they are mindful of the sensibilities of the wealthy relatives who have the financial clout to demand a second opinion.
Not saying that's what happened in this particular case, just speaking generally.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:54 am

Death from a perforated ulcer would be considered to be natural causes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I really think the drugs compromised her overall health.   Weakened her.      I think she perhaps neglected her health, or tried to soldier on, or kept the mad lifestyle going even as her health was breaking down.  Who knows?   Too young to die.  But she lived in the fast lane for too many years.  Perhaps her body just broke down and couldn't recover.

Yes, it's absolutely possible that the drugs compromised her health in the long term. I'm not sure that she kept up her mad lifestyle though - she said a few years ago that she didn't party any more - or words to that effect. When people die young, others often look for a reason and they talk about lifestyle habits, but then again, some people die young of natural diseases when they had a perfectly healthy lifestyle.

It's not clear if she was aware she had a stomach ulcer. She might not have been - apparently the symptoms can be very obvious or they can be quite mild.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:18 am

Stomach ulcers are usually caused by Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).

These can break down the stomach's defence against the acid it produces to digest food, allowing the stomach lining to become damaged and an ulcer to form.

It used to be thought that stomach ulcers may be caused by certain lifestyle factors, such as spicy foods, stress and alcohol.

There is little hard evidence to confirm that this is the case, but these factors may make the symptoms of ulcers worse.

However, it is thought that smoking increases your risk of developing stomach ulcers and may make treatment less effective.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Peptic-ulcer/Pages/Causes.aspx
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:07 pm

That's a very painful death.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2