NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93

4 posters

Go down

Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93 Empty Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jun/11/christopher-lee-dies-at-the-age-of-93-dracula

Absolute legend, will never forget him as Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun, and of course Saruman in The Lord of the Rings.

You will be remembered fondly Sir Christopher.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93 Empty Re: Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Indeed R.I.P

Back to top Go down

Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93 Empty Re: Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:28 pm

I heard that. I'm gutted - he will always be Dracula to me. Sad
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:29 pm

me too he played a great Dracula

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Still, 93 isn't bad is it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:me too he played a great Dracula

Dracula films were around a lot in my childhood. Many a time I would creep up to bed looking out for vampires. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:me too he played a great Dracula

Dracula films were around a lot in my childhood. Many a time I would creep up to bed looking out for vampires. Laughing

lol my brother used to collect these and would hang a crucifix on his bed and a garlic , they scared the life out of me no wonder i have anxiety Razz

[img]Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93 _57_110[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:39 pm

[img]Sir Christopher Lee passes away aged 93 _5710[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Eeeeek! I remember we had a figure of the Phantom of the Opera which glowed in the dark. I didn't like it. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:32 pm

i'm going to say it if no one else will...

Christopher lee

"fangs for the memories"....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 pm

so sad excellent actor and awesome Metalhead plus just all round really interesting

http://listverse.com/2014/12/14/10-reasons-christopher-lee-is-truly-amazing/
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:51 pm

a great actor ...but his character could be a right pain in the neck.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:35 am

Lauded British actor Christopher Lee has died at the age of 93.
Sir Christopher Lee was knighted in 2012 and was famous for playing evil baddies in a lifetimes work on the big screen.
Sir Christopher was born in 1922 in London and was the son of a Lieutenant Colonel in the British Army and an Italian Countess.
He began acting at school in plays and after attending Wellington College in Oxford he travelled throughout Europe. When Europe was on the brink of war with Germany, Christopher returned to London.
Christopher volunteered for the Finnish forces, but returned to London without seeing much action and had various office jobs as well as joining the Home Guard. When his father died in 1941 he decided to join the Royal Air Force. Christopher was posted to Southern Rhodesia (today’s Zimbabwe), but during training was found to have a failed optic nerve in his eye and wasn’t allowed to continue flying.

He was retained in the air force in the support services for a short time but then he was transferred to the SAS in North Africa and the SOE in Italy and Yugoslavia. His war records remain sealed to this day so it is not clear what he did there. After the war he received several awards from different countries and had become friends with Yugoslav leader Tito.

Because Christopher spoke both French and German he was recruited at the end of the war by British security service to find and interrogate Nazi war criminals.During interviews, Christopher recalled how he had seen the remains of concentration camps, men dying in front of him, torture and bombs.But said that he became hardened towards it, otherwise there would have been no way for the Allies to get to victory.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/christopher-lee-dies-at-93-a-true-wwii-sas-and-soe-hero.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:07 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:i'm going to say it if no one else will...

Christopher lee

"fangs for the memories"....

Razz xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 am

RIP to the man.

My favourite film with him was The Wicker Man. Fantastic movie with the added bonus of Britt Eckland, Diana Cliento and Ingrid Pitt also in the cast.

What more could you asl for?

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 am

Irn Bru wrote:RIP to the man.

My favourite film with him was The Wicker Man. Fantastic movie with the added bonus of Britt Eckland, Diana Cliento and Ingrid Pitt also in the cast.

What more could you asl for?

Eeeeeek, The Wicker Man. Of course it's a great film but it's just so awful at the same time - gave me the creeps. Mad
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down