NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  Empty WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:46 pm

And his update where he answers questions and explains why it helps him, and not his mother.

There are many videos of this sort on YouTube.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  Empty Re: WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:53 pm

I've seen this video eddie - its proof it does work . x

Lol 'frankly my dear i don't give a dam '

Back to top Go down

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  Empty Re: WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:00 pm

http://www.parkinson.org/understanding-parkinsons/treatment/complementary-treatment/medical-marijuana-and-parkinsons-disease

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:21 pm

It works this man is proof for goodness sake , and he doesn't take medication either which is brilliant , i have seen the effects of Parkinson's meds and it isn't nic e. My dad was seeing demons and even my dead brother and dead sister in law , its scary because you see them actually pointing and saying names . I hope my dad will come off his medication some day , he has already had 5 different medications stopped one is statin and he has already said he has no body pain now . He has a long way to go and he is in a nursing home right but the improvement is amazing since the medication has been stopped he only takes a few now for Parkinson's and as a family who saw him unresponsive a few weeks back and in hospital we have every hope that he is getting better , and we use alternative therapy on him - and it is approved by our doctor Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:39 pm

Nobody has denied it works Dibs, what people need to do is read the link I gave to understand why. Give them a better understanding of neurology and physiology.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm not sure I care about why, I'm just glad it works for some Parkinson sufferers.
It helps people with MS too and so many other illnesses, and all without the nasty side-effects that come with most pills and potions....which you need added pills and potions for to combat the nastiness of the first set of pills and potions...and so on.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:50 pm

eddie wrote:I'm not sure I care about why, I'm just glad it works for some Parkinson sufferers.
It helps people with MS too and so many other illnesses, and all without the nasty side-effects that come with most pills and potions....which you need added pills and potions for to combat the nastiness of the first set of pills and potions...and so on.

Because it shows why it can work for some and for others it does not Eddie
Cannabis has many good medical effects for those with mental disorders

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 pm

That's why I reckon it'd work during interrogation. Get them stoned and they'll start talking....and when they get the munchies that's when you torture them...with burgers!! They'll say anything for a burger. Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:54 pm

eddie wrote:That's why I reckon it'd work during interrogation. Get them stoned and they'll start talking....and when they get the munchies that's when you torture them...with burgers!! They'll say anything for a burger. Razz

But again it often enhances the mood the person is in.
So it will only be effective, if they are already in a state of fear

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:That's why I reckon it'd work during interrogation. Get them stoned and they'll start talking....and when they get the munchies that's when you torture them...with burgers!! They'll say anything for a burger. Razz

It chills people out and brings a feeling of calm and often, much merriment. It doesnt cause fear unless you have an underlying medical condition, I suppose?
In any case, it's better than water boarding!

It was a joke anyway.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It chills people out and brings a feeling of calm and often, much merriment. It doesnt cause fear unless you have an underlying medical condition, I suppose?
In any case, it's better than water boarding!

It was a joke anyway.

It does help chill some people, helps makes some more paranoid, some more happy, some very upset etc. So again it depends on the moods people are in. You do not need to have a condition, a thought can change the mood whilst stoned.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Never known that to happen to anyone I've smoked with! I've only ever known it to make people more chilled if they're upset and angry and most people laugh more and will have their minds opened to new topics and discussions.

What you're describing sounds more like alcoholic effects.
Never mind. I make most of my opinions based on life experience and your way is with books and articles.
Experience.....that's how I like to live!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:16 pm

eddie wrote:Never known that to happen to anyone I've smoked with! I've only ever known it to make people more chilled if they're upset and angry and most people laugh more and will have their minds opened to new topics and discussions.

What you're describing sounds more like alcoholic effects.
Never mind. I make most of my opinions based on life experience and your way is with books and articles.
Experience.....that's how I like to live!

I have seen it happen to many people, especially, when they are upset.
I have seen and been with footie fans high as a kite and fighting, made them even more immune to pain.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Hmmm weed doesn't make people aggressive or want to fight?
I would bet they were drinking too...or on something else.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:22 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm weed doesn't make people aggressive or want to fight?
I would bet they were drinking too...or on something else.

Well it does when they wanted to already have a fight, before they smoked
No they were not drinking

I told you, it just enhances the mood people are in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:24 pm

And come on Eddie, are you seriously telling me you have never seen anyone paranoid when smoking weed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Oh and guess what Eddie, science backs up what I have said

Scientists are only just starting to understand how cannabis affects the brain.

Cannabis consumption is known to cause immediate, residual and long-term changes in brain activity that can affect appetite and food intake, sleep patterns, executive function and emotional behavior.

Conflicting evidence has suggested that it can intensify both positive and negative mood states.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/307249.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Anyway, am late now, so have a good evening Eddie

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Thorin wrote:And come on Eddie, are you seriously telling me you have never seen anyone paranoid when smoking weed?

Nope. I've seen them paranoid when they drink and smoke weed.
Drink makes people violent.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:And come on Eddie, are you seriously telling me you have never seen anyone paranoid when smoking weed?

Then you have not seen people on weed angry, paranoid and upset. Says to me they just get comotosed and never experince peoples emotions on this.
Science shows and correlates with me it intensifies positive and negative emotions
I never discounted drink can make people violent, but weed, can make people extremely violent based on this intensifying their mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:17 pm

eddie wrote:I'm not sure I care about why, I'm just glad it works for some Parkinson sufferers.

Just come from visiting my dad - he was walking about with his frame and had a memory test today and passed it .
I will pm you eddie with some information that is working for my dad x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Didge I have never ever seen anyone get violent on weed. Don't know what your mates were smoking and it's all hearsay, isn't it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:39 am

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:

Then you have not seen people on weed angry, paranoid and upset. Says to me they just get comotosed and never experince peoples emotions on this.
Science shows and correlates with me it intensifies positive and negative emotions
I never discounted drink can make people violent, but weed, can make people extremely violent based on this intensifying their mood

I think you are confusing weed with meth. Meth causes extreme, outrageous behavior. Those who consume marijuana can experience muscle relaxation, tiredness, decreased alertness and sedation, all of which are similar to the effects of depressants. Quite the opposite of what you are describing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:42 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I think you are confusing weed with meth.  Meth causes extreme, outrageous behavior.  Those who consume marijuana can experience muscle relaxation, tiredness, decreased alertness and sedation, all of which are similar to the effects of depressants.  Quite the opposite of what you are describing.

Nope, not confusing anything and I know meth can cause extreme behaviours

Scientists are only just starting to understand how cannabis affects the brain.

Cannabis consumption is known to cause immediate, residual and long-term changes in brain activity that can affect appetite and food intake, sleep patterns, executive function and emotional behavior.

Conflicting evidence has suggested that it can intensify both positive and negative mood states.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/307249.php

Last edited by Thorin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:43 am

eddie wrote:Didge I have never ever seen anyone get violent on weed. Don't know what your mates were smoking and it's all hearsay, isn't it?

Hearsay?

Man Attacks Flight Crew after Eating Marijuana Cookies

Man “screamed, dropped his pants and attacked crew members on a cross-country flight, forcing its diversion to Pittsburgh, the FBI said”. Kinman Chan later claimed he had eaten marijuana cookies before his flight. Source

‘Psychotic Pothead’ Shoots Pentagon Police

“…John Patrick Bedell liked it (marijuana) too; in fact, he was a marijuana addict. But he inflicted a lot of pain on other people, including the two guards he shot at the Pentagon.” Source

Young Man Kills 9 and injures 5 while another Kills 2 Wounds 13 – Both avid marijuana users

“…The pain has also been evident in other cases, such as admitted pot lover 16-year-old Jeff Weise, who murdered nine people and injured five others in Red Lake, Minnesota and Charles “Andy” Williams, a regular marijuana user who smoked the drug just before killing two schoolmates and wounding 13 others in a San Diego suburban school…” Source

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170486/Miami-cannibal-attack-Rudy-Eugene-NOT-high-bath-salts-linked-cannabis.html

http://kdvr.com/2015/09/18/denver-man-accused-of-killing-wife-while-high-on-marijuana-changes-plea-to-insanity/

And again I think cannabis has many benefits, of which I am not denying and I think it should be legal, but its clear people do not know what negative effects it can have, where again , its medically shown that it enhances both positive and negative moods. 

I dont deal in hearsay Eddie, that is your line of reasoning

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:00 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I've seen this video eddie - its proof it does work . x

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  3489511464

Once again VoD proves that she actually doesn't understand the very meaning of "proof"...

And proudly displays her ongoing ignorance of scientific 'Empirical' methodology, and her complete disdain for the very concept of "the onus of proof"..

Then again, scamsters and shysters never do want a little thing like actual facts getting in the way of possibly turning a few more $$$$.          WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  1399249160
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:09 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I've seen this video eddie - its proof it does work . x

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  3489511464

Once again VoD proves that she actually doesn't understand the very meaning of "proof"...

And proudly displays her ongoing ignorance of scientific 'Empirical' methodology, and her complete disdain for the very concept of "the onus of proof"..

Then again, scamsters and shysters never do want a little thing like actual facts getting in the way of possibly turning a few more $$$$.          WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  1399249160

I was quoting what the guy in the video said lol
Did you even listen to the video's lol!
Oh yeah - I never posted this eddie did WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  3852033631

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:18 am

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:Didge I have never ever seen anyone get violent on weed. Don't know what your mates were smoking and it's all hearsay, isn't it?

Hearsay?

Man “screamed, dropped his pants and attacked crew members on a cross-country flight, forcing its diversion to Pittsburgh, the FBI said”. Kinman Chan later claimed he had eaten marijuana cookies before his flight. Source

“…John Patrick Bedell liked it (marijuana) too; in fact, he was a marijuana addict. But he inflicted a lot of pain on other people, including the two guards he shot at the Pentagon.” Source

Young Man Kills 9 and injures 5 while another Kills 2 Wounds 13 – Both avid marijuana users

“…The pain has also been evident in other cases, such as admitted pot lover 16-year-old Jeff Weise, who murdered nine people and injured five others in Red Lake, Minnesota and Charles “Andy” Williams, a regular marijuana user who smoked the drug just before killing two schoolmates and wounding 13 others in a San Diego suburban school…” Source

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170486/Miami-cannibal-attack-Rudy-Eugene-NOT-high-bath-salts-linked-cannabis.html

http://kdvr.com/2015/09/18/denver-man-accused-of-killing-wife-while-high-on-marijuana-changes-plea-to-insanity/

And again I think cannabis has many benefits, of which I am not denying and I think it should be legal, but its clear people do not know what negative effects it can have, where again , its medically shown that it enhances both positive and negative moods. 

Your stories of football violence were hearsay.

Sorry didge, never ever seen violence on weed. Never.
I also see a daily mail story and I shake my head....that's proof? Too many holes to pick in that there story.

In any case I know you have no idea about cannabis oil at all.
But when a few science studies tell you that its time for you to believe....then you will. Wink

I understand, you need to see things written down...I don't. I try my own way in life.

We will never agree because I know how you debate didge. And I honestly (and please don't be offended as I'm not trying to) find people who read and live through other's words a real B.O.R.E
I want to speak to people who speak to me in colour about what they've seen and tried and heard and feel....!
Sorry. You're wasting your time with me. I switch off at "studies" - they're always contradicting themselves cos they're only as trustworthy as the person who wrote them...and I don't know those people.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:29 am

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Hearsay?

Your stories of football violence were hearsay.

Sorry didge, never ever seen violence on weed. Never.
I also see a daily mail story and I shake my head....that's proof?  Too many holes to pick in that there story.

In any case I know you have no idea about cannabis oil at all.
But when a few science studies tell you that its time for you to believe....then you will. Wink

I understand, you need to see things written down...I don't. I try my own way in life.

We will never agree because I know how you debate didge. And I honestly (and please don't be offended as I'm not trying to) find people who read and live through other's words a real B.O.R.E
I want to speak to people who speak to me in colour about what they've seen and tried and heard and feel....!
Sorry. You're wasting your time with me. I switch off at "studies" - they're always contradicting themselves cos they're only as trustworthy as the person who wrote them...and I don't know those people.

1) My stories were hearsay, but crimes and medical science backs me up

2) Her we go again oils, get a fucking grip

3) I suggest anyone cease further talking to you on this subject, because you are unbalanced to advise on this matter and even dangerous to advise people they don't need to see doctors.
Its bordering on criminal negligence the crap you are spouting

When will you realise how utterly stupid you are being on a subject you know nothing about?

You are clearly brainwashed and acting like a bloody child

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:37 am

I take the view that the use of cannabis is a form of self-medication, and like most forms of medication, the results can be variable. Take alcohol, for example, some people get aggressive after drinking, and others don't - they feel relaxed, or too drunk to be aggressive anyway. As I said in the other thread, people react to drugs in different ways.

Cannabis seems to me to be a mood-altering drug, but can it also be a mind-altering drug? I think it probably can be, especially if used long term.

If it's helping this chap with Parkinsons, that's great - he doesn't have much to lose by trying it does he?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:41 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I take the view that the use of cannabis is a form of self-medication, and like most forms of medication, the results can be variable. Take alcohol, for example, some people get aggressive after drinking, and others don't - they feel relaxed, or too drunk to be aggressive anyway. As I said in the other thread, people react to drugs in different ways.

Cannabis seems to me to be a mood-altering drug, but can it also be a mind-altering drug? I think it probably can be, especially if used long term.

If it's helping this chap with Parkinsons, that's great - he doesn't have much to lose by trying it does he?

No I agree and as have already stated, it does have medical benefits for many mental health problems.
I posted a link earlier to show how it works for some and not others.
Like many drugs, it plays on the positive and negative moods of people, but it does seem to have far more benefits than side effects. Like anything each individual is effected differently.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:47 am

Suspect

Neither eddie nor VoD have any relevant qualifications nor experience to back up the constant crappola they post on this subject...

Clearly shown by the outright garbage that they post on these topics..

They claim that they have the right to their opinions ?
True enough, but then they go on to present opinions, hearsay and propaganda puff pieces as if fact, and VoD is willing to go even further --  creating obviously fictional experiences and offering bullshit as a fallacious "proof" of their idiotic claims.

Even when they have one example of one person relieving their symptoms by using cannabis -- as in the O/P --  here we see the dastardly duo spiining this one story into attempting to falsely claim, again, that Cannabis Oil can cure diseases..

Once again pushing their baseless and unwarranted claims, peddling advice that they're not qualified to give..

A neverending story...

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  1942856362
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:52 am

We are entitled to post our opnions. And that's all they are.
Thank you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:52 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Neither eddie nor VoD have any relevant qualifications nor experience to back up the constant crappola they post on this subject...

Clearly shown by the outright garbage that they post on these topics..

They claim that they have the right to their opinions ?
True enough, but then they go on to present opinions, hearsay and propaganda puff pieces as if fact, and VoD goesmeven further --  creating obviously fictional experiences and offering bullshit as a fallacious "proof" of their idiotic claims.

Even when they have one example of one person relieving their symptoms by using cannabis;  here we see the dastardly duo spiining this one story into attempting to falsely claim, again, that Cannabis Oil can cure diseases..

Once again pushing theirmbaseless and unwarranted claims, peddling advice that they're not qualified to give..

A neverending story...

I am bloddy outraged to have heard the things this morning. From Dibs laughing and saying she does not care to even worse Eddie advising people do not need to see Doctors. I am astounding at the stupidity of people and how they have been so easily taken in by people off social media and the web.

Do you know what it strikes me of, that they all have in common, a distrust in people, which is formed from anxiety and insecurities. This happens especially after losing someone and they blame doctors for something that was not their fault. Incurable things like cancer. So they set out on a crusade to preach garbage, lying to people and even worse as seen dangerously advise the wrong thing. Its like I said when people stupidly try to self diagnose themselves online. Even health advisory do not diagnose but attempt to rule out health problems based on the balance of risk.

I am utterly stunned to what I have heard this morning. It reminds me of things like the cult of Rev Jim Jones, its utter brainwashing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:53 am

eddie wrote:We are entitled to post our opnions. And that's all they are.
Thank you.

You are entitled to your opinions, and they are just that opinions, but its irresponsible to advise people not to seek medical help.
That is utterly stupid

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:59 am

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

False claims are not "opinions"...

Advising people to try quack cures is not "opinions"..

Peddling alternative treatments and therapies as a "cure" is not simply stating an "opinion".

Are you sure English isn't a second language for you, eddie ?
Because you certainly don't understand the real meanings of quite a few English words..

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:00 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

False claims are not "opinions"...

Advising people to try quack cures is not "opinions"..

Peddling alternative treatments and therapies as a "cure" is not simply stating an "opinion".

Are you sure English isn't a second language for you eddie ?
Because you certainly don't understand the real meaning of quite a few English words..

+ one Trillion.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:24 am

I'm not peddling anything and if you're stupid enough to only listen to one person an not research something yourself then that's not my problem??

I research everything that a GP will tell me.
So if something happens to you my advice is: RESEARCH IT. Don't take the advice of one person - whoever that may be. And that's all I'm saying.

Not my fault you two are sitting here pretending I'm peddling something becUse that's what you like to think (lets face it, it gives you an excuse to rid yourself of angst)
....I'm giving my opinion. Chill out.

Tough if you don't like it. Don't read the thread! You can always try that...see if it works for you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:25 am

Lovely chatting you both.
Have a grrrrrreat day!

WATCH: man controls Parkinson's Disease with the use of cannabis  1069003512
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:29 am

eddie wrote:I'm not peddling anything and if you're stupid enough to only listen to one person an not research something yourself then that's not my problem??

So if something happens to you my advice is: RESEARCH IT. Don't take the advice of one person - whoever that may be. And that's all I'm saying.

Not my fault you two are sitting here pretending I'm peddling something becUse that's what you like to think (lets face it, it gives you an excuse to rid yourself of angst)

Tough if you don't like it. Don't read the thread! You can always try that...see if it works for you.

So you research something a GP tells you and as such you come to the wrong conclusions, because you are then not doing what you should and seek a second opinion, if you feel this is incorrect. What you are doing is trying to self diagnose yourself which is why you are constantly questioning things doctors have told you. Its not your body that is telling you, but your mind being distrustful.

At the end of the day, what you do with your body is your business, but don't spout your crap on here telling people not to seek medical advice when your ability to understand medical problems, is based off you self diagnosing yourself off the web. Which nobody should ever do, as its dangerous, leading people to the wrong conclusions

So its not tough, if you post bollocks, don't expect educated people to sit back and stand by whilst you post up dangerous bullshit

Last edited by Thorin on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:30 am

eddie wrote:I'm not peddling anything and if you're stupid enough to only listen to one person an not research something yourself then that's not my problem??

I agree with researching anything the doctor tells you, and also stuff that he/she doesn't tell you. That brings me to the issue of self-diagnosis from the internet. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? There's a lot of misinformation out there, but there's also some very useful stuff, and you need to be able to tell the difference.

I do think, however, that telling everyone that cannabis is a good thing is rather dangerous. You should always add a disclaimer.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:34 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

I agree with researching anything the doctor tells you, and also stuff that he/she doesn't tell you. That brings me to the issue of self-diagnosis from the internet. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? There's a lot of misinformation out there, but there's also some very useful stuff, and you need to be able to tell the difference.

I do think, however, that telling everyone that cannabis is a good thing is rather dangerous. You should always add a disclaimer.

I can tell you its very bad and how people have often ended up being far worse and where there is little wrong with them clogging up the emergency waiting rooms. Again those trying to self diagnosed will have a confirmation bias. So they read something and wrongly assume this is what they have. Its because of confirmation bias and the fact people are not medically trained, that they should seek medical help or advice through things like NHS 111. They will then direct you to the relevant requirements of your needs. Often it is people who downplay their symptoms/pains etc, who actually have a serious problems and those that over emphasize on their symptoms, have very little wrong with them. If you are unhappy with the advice a GP has given you or a nurse, then seek further advice from medically trained staff. Oh and if you call 3 times within 3 days to the NHS, they have to class you as a repeat caller and you have to be seen.

Your last point is spot on Rags

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 am

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I can tell you its very bad and how people have often ended up being far worse and where there is little wrong with them clogging up the emergency waiting rooms. Again those trying to self diagnosed will have a confirmation bias. So they read something and wrongly assume this is what they have. Its because of confirmation bias and the fact people are not medically trained, that they should seek medical help or advice through things like NHS 111. They will then direct you to the relevant requirements of your needs. Often it is people who downplay their symptoms/pains etc, who actually have a serious problems and those that over emphasize on their symptoms, have very little wrong with them. If you are unhappy with the advice a GP has given you or a nurse, then seek further advice from medically trained staff. Oh and if you call 3 times within 3 days to the NHS, they have to class you as a repeat caller and you have to be seen.

I agree with you generally Didge, but then again, I think it can be useful in one or two situations. The first is where a doctor cannot seem to get to the bottom of what someone has. They've done tests, they've tried prescribing drugs, but they can't find a proper diagnosis or they possibly made a wrong diagnosis based on symptoms. It can take a long time to be referred to a consultant, and even then a consultant doesn't always know what's wrong. One might be able to find something on the internet which describes the symptoms, and it might be something the doctor didn't think of. I'm of course not suggesting that someone goes off and gets drugs off the internet - that's a big no-no - but they could discuss what they've read with the doctor.

The second situation is where someone has had a diagnosis, but nothing seems to work. I'll stress that I'm talking about relatively minor problems - things like skin conditions which are a nuisance. In that case, perhaps changing your diet or whatever might help. It might not of course, but there's no harm in trying.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:53 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I agree with you generally Didge, but then again, I think it can be useful in one or two situations. The first is where a doctor cannot seem to get to the bottom of what someone has. They've done tests, they've tried prescribing drugs, but they can't find a proper diagnosis or they possibly made a wrong diagnosis based on symptoms. It can take a long time to be referred to a consultant, and even then a consultant doesn't always know what's wrong. One might be able to find something on the internet which describes the symptoms, and it might be something the doctor didn't think of. I'm of course not suggesting that someone goes off and gets drugs off the internet - that's a big no-no - but they could discuss what they've read with the doctor.

The second situation is where someone has had a diagnosis, but nothing seems to work. I'll stress that I'm talking about relatively minor problems - things like skin conditions which are a nuisance. In that case, perhaps changing your diet or whatever might help. It might not of course, but there's no harm in trying.

It can be useful if you have been diagnosed with what is wrong with you, so that you then can see what are the many different methods use to help you. If a doctor has not bee able to help, then I would ask to be seen by a specialists or more doctors, to get many more opinions Rags. I don't see no harm looking at possible problems linked to that symptom and asking the doctor if it could be this or that, but there is the danger there, that again with confirmation bias can lead to the wrong conclusions. Somethings are just very difficult to diagnose Rags, but I see your point. Its being careful not to allow that information to convince someone that is what it is. As I say your approach would be best if then asking the GP, if this could be the problem.

There are many conditions that you cannot cure, but simply manage, like for example psoriasis, where its not good for the body to keep using steroid ointments or creams, where UVB from the sun is best and yet some people are effected even more by the sun. To your point on trying other things, there is no harm, if first asking your GP is this okay. They may know better whether this might make you in fact worse. So I see no harm in that, as long as you speck to the GP first. As you could be reading something, which may well effect you without knowing that it could. To me its best to seek the best possible advice and then more if you are unhappy. I have no issue with trying different diets either, though generally, they are ineffective, but I stress again, that you should only ever come off medication, if advised by the GP. Many take days to have any effect and especially with antibiotics. If the full course is not taken, then the bacteria built up immunity to the antibiotics. Then they become ineffective.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It can be useful if you have been diagnosed with what is wrong with you, so that you then can see what are the many different methods use to help you. If a doctor has not bee able to help, then I would ask to be seen by a specialists or more doctors, to get many more opinions Rags. I don't see no harm looking at possible problems linked to that symptom and asking the doctor if it could be this or that, but there is the danger there, that again with confirmation bias can lead to the wrong conclusions. Somethings are just very difficult to diagnose Rags, but I see your point. Its being careful not to allow that information to convince someone that is what it is. As I say your approach would be best if then asking the GP, if this could be the problem.

There are many conditions that you cannot cure, but simply manage, like for example psoriasis, where its not good for the body to keep using steroid ointments or creams, where UVB from the sun is best and yet some people are effected even more by the sun. To your point on trying other things, there is no harm, if first asking your GP is this okay. They may know better whether this might make you in fact worse. So I see no harm in that, as long as you speck to the GP first. As you could be reading something, which may well effect you without knowing that it could. To me its best to seek the best possible advice and then more if you are unhappy. I have no issue with trying different diets either, though generally, they are ineffective, but I stress again, that you should only ever come off medication, if advised by the GP. Many take days to have any effect and especially with antibiotics. If the full course is not taken, then the bacteria built up immunity that antibiotics.

Yes, I think we're broadly in agreement here Didge. I wouldn't suggest that someone merely looks up their symptoms and then automatically trusts the source or jumps to conclusions - that could be very dangerous for some people, and for others it might make them completely paranoid.

Psoriasis is an interesting example. It's an autoimmune condition which can be difficult to treat, and sometimes needs prescription drugs to prevent it from progressing and even affecting the joints. If it's a relatively mild case of it, there might be other things people can do to help themselves, but again, it needs to be properly diagnosed. As you say, it could be a bad thing for some people to sit out in the sun too much.

Steroids in general should be approached with much caution IMO - whether it's creams or pills.

Also, if you have had a medical condition confirmed, it can help some people to research it. A GP doesn't have time to talk about it very much, other than the basics, and it can be helpful for people to learn as much as they can about it. Again, I'll just say that people should beware of misinformation or anything that sounds too good to be true. Some people of course don't want to know any more than they already do, and that's fine too. They do need to be aware of any potential issues if they take prescription drugs though. They should always read the package insert so that they know about possible interactions with other drugs, including "herbal remedies", and issues like whether they can drink alcohol or not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

There are many conditions that you cannot cure, but simply manage, like for example psoriasis, where its not good for the body to keep using steroid ointments or creams, where UVB from the sun is best and yet some people are effected even more by the sun. To your point on trying other things, there is no harm, if first asking your GP is this okay. They may know better whether this might make you in fact worse. So I see no harm in that, as long as you speck to the GP first. As you could be reading something, which may well effect you without knowing that it could. To me its best to seek the best possible advice and then more if you are unhappy. I have no issue with trying different diets either, though generally, they are ineffective, but I stress again, that you should only ever come off medication, if advised by the GP. Many take days to have any effect and especially with antibiotics. If the full course is not taken, then the bacteria built up immunity that antibiotics.

Yes, I think we're broadly in agreement here Didge. I wouldn't suggest that someone merely looks up their symptoms and then automatically trusts the source or jumps to conclusions - that could be very dangerous for some people, and for others it might make them completely paranoid.

Psoriasis is an interesting example. It's an autoimmune condition which can be difficult to treat, and sometimes needs prescription drugs to prevent it from progressing and even affecting the joints. If it's a relatively mild case of it, there might be other things people can do to help themselves, but again, it needs to be properly diagnosed. As you say, it could be a bad thing for some people to sit out in the sun too much.

Steroids in general should be approached with much caution IMO - whether it's creams or pills.

Also, if you have had a medical condition confirmed, it can help some people to research it. A GP doesn't have time to talk about it very much, other than the basics, and it can be helpful for people to learn as much as they can about it. Again, I'll just say that people should beware of misinformation or anything that sounds too good to be true. Some people of course don't want to know any more than they already do, and that's fine too. They do need to be aware of any potential issues if they take prescription drugs though. They should always read the package insert so that they know about possible interactions with other drugs, including "herbal remedies", and issues like whether they can drink alcohol or not.

Very much in agreement Rags

Psoriasis is very interesting, as it can later form to become Psoriatic arthritis. Then its very horrible for the person. It is generally best treated with UVB from the sun. What many people wrongly do is place the sunscreen on the areas that have psoriasis, which then ends up protecting the psoriasis from the UVB. Which means its a double edged sword as you are exposing your skin to high levels of UVB in direct sunlight. Steroids should only be a high dosage over a short period, as agreed again its not good for you.

Completely agree on the last bit about learning further information about a diagnosed condition. Where again it allows you to speak to the GP about different possible courses of action. Its so important people read the instructions of any medication and see their GP straight away, if they start to have any of those symptoms.
Anyone who drinks on antibiotics is risking the chances of that particular one becoming ineffective for the next time its used.

Very interesting Rags, really enjoyed the discussion

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:27 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Very much in agreement Rags

Psoriasis is very interesting, as it can later form to become Psoriatic arthritis. Then its very horrible for the person. It is generally best treated with UVB from the sun. What many people wrongly do is place the sunscreen on the areas that have psoriasis, which then ends up protecting the psoriasis from the UVB. Which means its a double edged sword as you are exposing your skin to high levels of UVB in direct sunlight. Steroids should only be a high dosage over a short period, as agreed again its not good for you.

Completely agree on the last bit about learning further information about a diagnosed condition. Where again it allows you to speak to the GP about different possible courses of action. Its so important people read the instructions of any medication and see their GP straight away, if they start to have any of those symptoms.
Anyone who drinks on antibiotics is risking the chances of that particular one becoming ineffective for the next time its used.

Very interesting Rags, really enjoyed the discussion

Laughing

It is indeed very interesting as the link between an automimmune skin condition and its effect on joints isn't very well understood. Nobody seems to know for sure how UV rays stop the skin cells from dividing so fast, but it does seem to help some people. It should be supervised of course so that they're not risking sunburn or skin cancer.

It's not clear if controlling the skin lesions make a difference to psoriatic arthritis.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:44 pm

The disclaimer is a sticky in this section. Not sure why people have missed it...not my problem, I'm the one who wrote it, it's there if you want to read it.

As for skin complaints - the skin will always respond to treatments that work from within the body. The skin is layers and layers deep, a cream doesn't penetrate far enough to treat psoriasis which is why lots of people change their diet with positive results.
Creams don't work, they can alleviate symptoms but they don't ever cure a skin problem that's deep and penetrating. That's just obvious to me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:48 pm

eddie wrote:The disclaimer is a sticky in this section. Not sure why people have missed it...not my problem, I'm the one who wrote it, it's there if you want to read it.

As for skin complaints - the skin will always respond to treatments that work from within the body. The skin is layers and layers deep, a cream doesn't penetrate far enough to treat psoriasis which is why lots of people change their diet with positive results.
Creams don't work, they can alleviate symptoms but they don't ever cure a skin problem that's deep and penetrating. That's just obvious to me.

Changing your diet won't necessarily treat psoriasis either. It's an autoimmune condition, and the mechanisms of those are not well understood. If people could cure autoimmune conditions by diet, they would.

Other skin conditions aren't necessarily cured by diet either. You can read all about that all over the internet, and what might work for one person doesn't work for another, or they might think it worked but it was just a natural remission of some kind and the condition came back.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:51 pm

eddie wrote:The disclaimer is a sticky in this section. Not sure why people have missed it...not my problem, I'm the one who wrote it, it's there if you want to read it.

1) Yet you advise people to not see GP's anymore. That is irresponsible and plain stupid

2) Bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next