NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Has No Enemies – How Music “Soothed the Savage Beast” At Normandy

Go down

Music Has No Enemies – How Music “Soothed the Savage Beast” At Normandy Empty Music Has No Enemies – How Music “Soothed the Savage Beast” At Normandy

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Music Has No Enemies is an organization that, according to their website “…is focused on creating meaningful music and film content for socially responsible companies and non-profit organizations around the world”.  The video tells the true story of music bridging the distance between two young soldiers in WWII.

Jack Tueller was part of a US P-47 Thunderbolt fighter group that had landed near Normandy two weeks after the D-Day invasion. They knew that not far from the airstrip was a lone German sniper. Other soldiers did not want Tueller to play for fear he would draw the sniper’s fire. Tueller was caught between reason and compassion.

MPs came to Tueller the next morning and told him the German had surrendered and had asked, “Who played that trumpet last night?”

Tueller went to the beach where the soldier was being held as a POW to speak to him. The 19-year-old was in disguise dressed as a French peasant. The young soldier told him “I couldn’t fire because I thought of my fiancé. I thought of my mother and father. My role is finished.”

Then, in tears, he took Tueller’s hand and shook it – no longer his enemy. Tueller says “. . . music had soothed the savage beast.”

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/music-soothed-savage-beast-normandy-watch.html

Back to top Go down

Music Has No Enemies – How Music “Soothed the Savage Beast” At Normandy Empty Re: Music Has No Enemies – How Music “Soothed the Savage Beast” At Normandy

Post by Bella Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down