NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORGET YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

+5
Victorismyhero
Syl
Bella
Tommy Monk
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FORGET YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION Empty FORGET YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqTyOCSXO9Q

Back to top Go down

FORGET YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION Empty Re: FORGET YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:51 am

I love this guy's YouTube channel.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:55 am

eddie wrote:I love this guy's YouTube channel.

He certainly makes people think Eddie

Have you heard the farmers Story?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:58 am

That
Was
Fucking
Amazing
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:02 am

eddie wrote:That
Was
Fucking
Amazing

Agreed and for those who have not heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3P7f0Zg9wk

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:04 am

I know this one. This guy has a way of talking huh?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:07 am

eddie wrote:I know this one. This guy has a way of talking huh?

He is inspiring Eddie and its not just the stories

Its the whole package in how he explains everything

He is in tune with today and people

Do you know how many people I have sent video's of him when they are having a bad day, for them to then thank me, where I had not the words to pick them up?

Infinite

He has put me out of a job and of that I am thankful

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:19 am

I've watched a lot of his stuff. There's a video of him against the school system - it is phenomenal
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:22 am

Oh dear...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:25 am

eddie wrote:I've watched a lot of his stuff. There's a video of him against the school system - it is phenomenal

He is right on that, which reminds me of this Eddie

I love philosophy

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Oh dear...

What, dear?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:48 am

Just... oh dear...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:23 am

I like this one Smile

Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Just... oh dear...

Yeah that's useful Tommy Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:That
Was
Fucking
Amazing

Thanks for posting this.....I think it should be told to children as a modern day night time story.
Along with the old fashioned sayings of 'count your blessings' or the more modern 'glass half full' description, it's always worth remembering to try to keep a positive outlook even when life seems crap, and this man says all that in an entertaining way.
Will watch the other vids later. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Thanks for posting this.....I think it should be told to children as a modern day night time story.
Along with the old fashioned sayings of 'count your blessings' or the more modern 'glass half full' description, it's always worth remembering to try to keep a positive outlook even when life seems crap, and this man says all that in an entertaining way.
Will watch the other vids later. Cool

100% agree

Hope you enjoy the other vids.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Thorin wrote:

I just watched this one....he will definitely be inspirational to some, and he talks in a language many kids will relate too.

I do also think though....that some people are content to be 'mediocre' and I don't think there is anything wrong in being a chicken rather than an eagle if that's where you feel most comfortable.
Everyone should be valued....so if you are content to work in McDonalds rather than be a lawyer or a scientist.....you are still an important human being. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I just watched this one....he will definitely be inspirational to some, and he talks in a language many kids will relate too.

I do also think though....that some people are content to be 'mediocre' and I don't think there is anything wrong in being a chicken rather than an eagle if that's where you feel most comfortable.  
Everyone should be valued....so if you are content to work in McDonalds  rather than be a lawyer or a scientist.....you are still an important human being. Cool  

Sorry Hun
You just contradicted
Being a chicken means, you are not reaching your potential and you have thus failed to achieve goals you could have easily have obtained with simply trying. Ask yourself, are people really content with working at McDonalds, or do they inspire to have more? It does not even mean you have to be rich, but find meaning to your life in the work. Settling for something that just pays the wages is a copout in my book. It means that people are afraid to try and fail and fall. Yet we do this when we learn to walk. People are just too scared to try and reach their dreams. Its far easier for most to stay in the sidelines and never reach their potential. That is being a chicken.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:40 pm

I see it another way.....the chicken was happy till someone pointed out the eagle, if he had REALLY wanted to be the king of the birds he would have found a way, but he was content to scrat about doing his own thing.
Why do you think a McDonalds worker has not reached his/her full potential? maybe they have.
Not everyone is born to soar....it's nice if you do, but it's not for everyone.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Syl wrote:I see it another way.....the chicken was happy till someone pointed out the eagle, if he had REALLY wanted to be the king of the birds he would have found a way, but he was content to scrat about doing his own thing.
Why do you think a McDonalds worker has not reached his/her full potential? maybe they have.

But the chicken pointed out to the eagle this, of which he would normally have become. It means, we make our own destiny and follow paths others choose for us and hardly ever choose for ourselves. There is no worker no matter how menial, that does not want to better their life. Its the psychology of life. We have goals that we look to obtain or reach. Not everyone is born to soar and I think it has more to do with how they are never encouraged to find that path. They settle for the easy path. Not the one that is real pain and hardship. One that takes courage. One that is full of risks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:I see it another way.....the chicken was happy till someone pointed out the eagle, if he had REALLY wanted to be the king of the birds he would have found a way, but he was content to scrat about doing his own thing.

But the chicken pointed out to the eagle this, of which he would normally have become. It means, we make our own destiny and follow paths others choose for us and hardly ever choose for ourselves. There is no worker no matter how menial, that does not want to better their life. Its the psychology of life. We have goals that we look to obtain or reach. Not everyone is born to soar and I think it has more to do with how they are never encouraged to find that path. They settle for the easy path. Not the one that is real pain and hardship. One that takes courage. One that is full of risks.

I agree that to encourage someone can be important, especially when young, but encouragement comes in different forms.
I used to tell my own son he could be whatever he wanted to be if he wanted it badly enough (and I believe that) but I also said whatever he decided to do....as long as he was happy ....was OK with me.
He didn't fulfil his potential re qualifications etc, but he is happy.....and that is the main thing, contentment with the choices you do make.

I think there is a fine line in telling someone they can soar, challenge themselves, take risks etc....but if they dont do that, there is no shame in just taking an easy route, as long as that doesn't leave them feeling they have failed in some way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I agree that to encourage someone can be  important, especially when young, but encouragement comes in different forms.
I used to tell my own son he could be whatever he wanted to be if he wanted it badly enough (and I believe that) but I also said whatever he decided to do....as long as he was happy ....was OK with me.
He didn't fulfil his potential re qualifications etc, but he is happy.....and that is the main thing, contentment with the choices you do make.

I think there is a fine line in telling someone they can soar, challenge themselves, take risks etc....but if they dont do that, there is no shame in just taking an easy route, as long as that doesn't leave them feeling they have failed in some way.

There you go.
You just said he did not reach his potential.
That is not a failing Syl. It just does not mean he reached or obtained his potential, but the fact is he could have. You are right, that its important he is happy. That is really important, but you have just admitted to how even those we most love can accomplish so much more. Its up to them to accomplish this.

Sometimes, we treat our children like a bird with broken wings. We end up forgetting how to release them back into the wild, to fend for themselves. As parents, we are over protective and deny our children the freedom to learn for themselves. By learning through experience.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Yes.....but my opinion differs from his re potential...he has no regrets, even though he was clever he chose not to go down the academic route...(he was hyperactive and I think that probably had something to do with it) but he has earned his own living since leaving college with zero qualifications.....and earns good money now doing something he loves, so to me, that is success.
Even if a person never gets above a barely living wage, if they are happy and contented, they too have achieved success in life.

I do think it depends more on the child on what sort of encouragement to offer, but I do think all this talk about chickens and eagles (if teaching a child in this way) could sow seeds of unhappiness IF the child has no ambition or obvious talent they can shine in.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Syl wrote:Yes.....but my opinion differs from his re potential...he has no regrets, even though he was clever he chose not to go down the academic route...(he was hyperactive and I think that probably had something to do with it)  but he has earned his own living since leaving college with zero qualifications.....and earns good money now doing something he loves, so to me, that is success.
Even if a person never gets above a barely living wage, if they are happy and contented, they too have achieved success in life.

I do think it depends more on the child on what sort of encouragement to offer, but I do think all this talk about chickens and eagles (if teaching a child in this way) could sow seeds of unhappiness IF the child has no ambition or obvious talent they can shine in.

Its unfair to judge or further comment on this.
He is your son and have no idea of what he wants Syl
The point though is everyone has dreams and inspirations
Ask him, I bet he does.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Catch you later

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:Yes.....but my opinion differs from his re potential...he has no regrets, even though he was clever he chose not to go down the academic route...(he was hyperactive and I think that probably had something to do with it)  but he has earned his own living since leaving college with zero qualifications.....and earns good money now doing something he loves, so to me, that is success.

Its unfair to judge or further comment on this.
He is your son and have no idea of what he wants Syl
The point though is everyone has dreams and inspirations
Ask him, I bet he does.

x

He definitely does, and he is living them to suit him, not me which is how it should be. Laughing .

I just watched the vid Bella posted, it's brilliant....so thanks Bella.

Laters Thor. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:25 pm

It's all pretty childish if you ask me...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:30 pm

Thorin wrote:

To quote Einstein.....

"ve cant all be first violiners in der orchestra
some of us have to push der vind through der trombone"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:06 pm

I think you're getting confused with the message Syl and Vic.
Simply put, it's a way of saying "don't ever not try to better yourself" and you can never stop bettering yourself.
It's not about where you work or what you do, it's about being happy and content with where you are and if you're not, and you are doing nothing about it, you're acting fearful (chicken!).

Most people are terrified of taking chances. They're scared of change. If you don't continuously keep changing and growing then you're not "moving" and if you're not moving then you're not going anywhere.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Hope it's not a 'rusty trombone'...

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:10 pm

eddie wrote:I think you're getting confused with the message Syl and Vic.
Simply put, it's a way of saying "don't ever not try to better yourself" and you can never stop bettering yourself.
It's not about where you work or what you do, it's about being happy and content with where you are and if you're not, and you are doing nothing about it, you're acting fearful (chicken!).

Most people are terrified of taking chances. They're scared of change. If you don't continuously keep changing and growing then you're not "moving" and if you're not moving then you're not going anywhere.

The message was flawed by comparing chickens and eagles really.

If someone is constantly scared of taking chances they won't have a very happy time if they try to force themselves to do it. It's best to realise your limitations rather than try to go against your nature. An eagle isn't being brave by flying, and a chicken isn't being afraid by not flying. I always think it's unfair on chickens to imply that they're scared.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Okay forget the bloody birds.

We are here to explore every single nook and cranny of things and people that are within us, around us and among us. To simply say "I'm a person who doesn't like change or trying things but that's okay" is not okay! Those people tell themselves it's okay because it allows them a pass on life.
Television is a huge factor in the general mental laziness of most people. It keeps you programmed and contented and dumbed down (mostly).
So many people die without ever saying "I did everything that I wanted to do"....and they don't even have to big huge things either.

The video is spot on: we all sit in our comfort zone and we rarely step outside of it. How much richer could our lives be if we took more chances and aimed higher?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:22 pm

eddie wrote:Okay forget the bloody birds.

We are here to explore every single nook and cranny of things and people that are within us, around us and among us. To simply say "I'm a person who doesn't like change or trying things but that's okay" is not okay! Those people tell themselves it's okay because it allows them a pass on life.
Television is a huge factor in the general mental laziness of most people. It keeps you programmed and contented and dumbed down (mostly).  
So many people die without ever saying "I did everything that I wanted to do"....and they don't even have to big huge things either.

The video is spot on: we all sit in our comfort zone and we rarely step outside of it. How much richer could our lives be if we took more chances and aimed higher?

If they don't like change or trying things, they are doing what they want, and it is OK.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:24 pm

It is ok if that's what they want...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:25 pm

I like the one about life not being a journey. Saying that life is a journey is implying that progress will be made, and that there's an end goal. Then if people don't make progress, they might feel like failures.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

How will they know what they want if they're scared?
Fear stops people even contemplating things

In any case, going by your logic then, most people should be deliriously happy....shouldn't they? But most people aren't...are they? Why do you think that is?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

How will they  know what they want if they're scared?
Fear stops people even contemplating things

In any case, going by your logic then, most people should be deliriously happy....shouldn't they? But most people aren't...are they?  Why do you think that is?

It's unnatural to be deliriously happy anyway. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:44 pm

I think a lot of people are afraid of the "out of the frying pan into the fire" syndrome. That's a very real concern. Petula Clark summed it up really when she said "the other man's grass is always greener". A lot of people don't even know what they want anyway.

If someone has a job which makes them cry every night, they won't be afraid of change, they'll run as fast as they can as soon as they can. However, all this stuff about people being able to do what they want is a myth - unless they have loads of dosh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:46 pm

These videos are wishy washy drivel anyway...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:These videos are wishy washy drivel anyway...

Well they're quite interesting, but they don't take into account different personality types. Some people are naturally introverted, so they're not going to enjoy doing stuff that an extrovert would. Some people are more adventurous and/or less lazy than others. Some people don't like hassle, and let's face it, changing anything to any great degree is a load of hassle these days. Laughing

I know a few people who thought they wanted to do a certain job, but when they actually did it, they didn't like it. Razz Still, at least they know now so they're not always wondering about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I think a lot of people, most people maybe, put limitations on themselves. They tell themselves they are "introverted" and "shy" and "like being in my comfort zone" - isn't that a get out clause for not thinking outside your own box?
If you tell yourself something often enough you believe it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:07 pm

eddie wrote:I think a lot of people, most people maybe, out their own limitations on themselves. They tell themselves they are "introverted" and "shy" and "like being in my comfort zone" - isn't that a get out clause for not thinking outside your own box?

Introversion doesn't stop people from thinking outside of their own box, they just find too much interaction with other people wearing. Society is arranged to benefit extroverts really, and these inspirational videos are generally aimed at extroverts IMO.

I don't know why being in one's comfort zone gets such a bad rep - people spend years trying to feel at peace, and when they do, someone comes along and accuses them of being in their comfort zone too much. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 pm

There are a lot of things introverts can do to step out of their safety net that doesn't involve huge crowds of people.

I think we are simply forgetting the message of the video: always try and aim for what you want and never stop aiming.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:14 pm

eddie wrote:There are a lot of things introverts can do to step out of their safety net that doesn't involve huge crowds of people.

I think we are simply forgetting the message of the video: always try and aim for what you want and never stop aiming.

Yes, but some people really do want an easy life without the hassle of trying to change things all the time.

Other people don't know what they want, they only know what others think they should want - a common problem with young people IMO.

The danger of these videos is that they might make people feel they should make changes for the sake of it. The last thing anyone needs is someone who doesn't even know them telling them what to do and what they should want.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:21 pm

I think you are seriously underestimating the amount of people that would love to change something about their life!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:25 pm

eddie wrote:I think you are seriously underestimating the amount of people that would love to change something about their life!

Am I? The trouble is that people think they want to change things, but when they do, they realise they were OK before. It's a dilemma really. The main problem is that a lot of people are indecisive - they can't make up their minds one way or another.

What sort of changes are we talking about anyway?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:I think you are seriously underestimating the amount of people that would love to change something about their life!

Am I?  The trouble is that people think they want to change things, but when they do, they realise they were OK before. It's a dilemma really. The main problem is that a lot of people are indecisive - they can't make up their minds one way or another.

Well exactly. Making changes are varied aren't they? From life-changing, to life-betterment, to simple changes like losing weight or giving up smoking or buying two terrapins and calling them Terry and Jonathon.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Am I?  The trouble is that people think they want to change things, but when they do, they realise they were OK before. It's a dilemma really. The main problem is that a lot of people are indecisive - they can't make up their minds one way or another.

Well exactly. Making changes are varied aren't they? From life-changing, to life-betterment, to simple changes like losing weight or giving up smoking or buying two terrapins and calling them Terry and Jonathon.

Ah well, a lot of people decide to lose weight, but then they're faced with that old dilemma of whether they want to be slim more than they want to eat chips. They go from one to the other, and back again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:35 pm

And that is the exact point of the video Rags!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:38 pm

eddie wrote:And that is the exact point of the video Rags!

Is it? It's not about being indecisive is it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next