NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How people across England are helping others at Christmas

5 posters

Go down

How people across England are helping others at Christmas Empty How people across England are helping others at Christmas

Post by Irn Bru Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 am

More acts of kindness and there's a youtube video to suppot this.

Christmas is known as the season of goodwill - a time when many extend the festive spirit beyond their nearest and dearest.

Across England, meals have been organised to bring together people who are on their own and gifts and food have been offered to those in need.

"We are intrinsically compelled to help other people but there's something about Christmas time which fuels that desire," social psychology lecturer Dr Elle Boag said.

"We are normally quite selfish - we don't do these things all year round. But the holiday season gives us a sense of togetherness.

"As we reach out to our own families our thoughts are extended to those who do not have families and we want to help them."

Dr Boag joined colleagues at Birmingham City University in collecting hats, gloves and scarves for homeless people.

Here are some of the ways other people have been helping those in need this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38396717

Please read, watch and comment - it's wonderful
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

How people across England are helping others at Christmas Empty Re: How people across England are helping others at Christmas

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:13 am

Well, that's uplifting & encouraging to read; there are really decent humans involved and trying to accommodate the refugees as best that they can.  And by offering to do what they are able - donate what they can afford - contribute time/money/man power it all makes the suffering better. 
It's not rocket science and yet for some ...you'd think that the imposition are happening right in their own living rooms daily!
Now if the local news prints - local news media will continue to print the GOOD NEWS; balance up some of the awful crime events that happen to ALL HUMANS with some good news on the front pages ...that would be a great step in the right direction.

Back to top Go down

How people across England are helping others at Christmas Empty Re: How people across England are helping others at Christmas

Post by Andy Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:49 am

Its all for publicity. Will say Tommy.
Yawn. Will say Nicko.
They are all liars because they aren't Christian. Will say Rags.
You are on dangerous ground . Will say Fred.
Someoneone will be furious that he cannot post. On this forum, at least.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:57 am

Handy Andy wrote:Its all for publicity. Will say Tommy.
Yawn. Will say Nicko.
They are all liars because they aren't Christian. Will say Rags.
You are on dangerous ground . Will say Fred.
Someoneone will be furious that he cannot post. On this forum, at least.

I expect Bru will have a go at you for attacking other posters. He doesn't approve of that kind of thing in his threads you know.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:03 am

I expect Irn agrees with every word I said.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:04 am

I expect Irn agrees with every word I said.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:08 am

Handy Andy wrote:I expect Irn agrees with every word I said.

Only if he's a hypocrite who admires liars.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:11 am

He is the best mod on here by a country mile. Ive known Irn across a number of forums for years. One of lifes good guys. Fair, generous and honest. Which cannot be said for so many 'nasty' rwers on here.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:13 am

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Cold and knackered after a shitty tough night shift.
Only 2 more to go. Thank Gawd.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:18 am

The usual suspects on here will all agree with each other and give each other "greens". All of them fcuking sheep, none with a mind of their own.

Ben, read your own rules and start enforcing them, your sheep get away with breaking them every day.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:18 am

Handy Andy wrote:He is the best mod on here by a country mile. Ive known Irn across a number of forums for years. One of lifes good guys. Fair, generous and honest. Which cannot be said for so many 'nasty' rwers on here.

All the trouble on this forum comes from you and your mates. If Bru can't see that, he's a fool. You just told a whopping lie about me, like you always do.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:19 am

nicko wrote:The usual suspects on here will all agree with each other and give each other "greens".   All of them fcuking sheep, none with a mind of their own.

Ben, read your own rules and start enforcing them,   your sheep get away with breaking them every day.

I agree. See how HA just dropped in to attack other posters.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:53 am

Handy Andy wrote:He is the best mod on here by a country mile. Ive known Irn across a number of forums for years. One of lifes good guys. Fair, generous and honest. Which cannot be said for so many 'nasty' rwers on here.

Irn bru is a truly lovely man but he doesn't moderate and that's why you like him.
I'd choose Irn as a drinking buddy any day but I'd never choose him as a mod as he has no interest in doing so....if he did his job, you would see a completely different side and probably sulk like you do with the ones who do actually do their jobs.

And yes, HA, you've broken the rule and done what we've specifically asked you not to; arrived on a thread and jumped on other posters which then turns a topic into a shitfest.

So I'm going to do what Irn should've done and I'm locking the thread.

Irn can thank you for that later.

THREAD LOCKED

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down