NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nasty neighbours.

5 posters

Go down

Nasty neighbours. Empty Nasty neighbours.

Post by Syl Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:32 pm

I think this woman would qualify. She has planted a row of 300 fast growing conifers which block her neighbours beautiful views of the countryside.
I have some laylandii trees.....they just grow and grow, she knew very well what she was doing when she planted them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4042262/Revenge-leylandii-Bitterness-recrimination-inside-story-grandmother-waged-war-neighbours-blocking-glorious-view.html

"By any account, it’s a most imaginative form of revenge. But then Valerie Vivian — ‘as unpleasant a character as you could hope to meet’, according to one of her furious neighbours — clearly has something of a unique talent in getting her own back.
What kind of malevolent genius, one can’t help but wonder as you gaze upon her handiwork, would think of using leylandii against her enemies?
For, as these astonishing pictures appear to reveal, that is allegedly what Mrs Vivian has done, a brutal salvo in a long-running planning dispute that has torn apart the enchanting village of Bathampton, outside Bath, Somerset. 
The seeds of Mrs Vivian’s revenge were quite literally first planted in the small copse beyond her garden back in 1998, with her very first leylandii tree. In the intervening 18 years, she has planted more and more of the conifers.
Today, there are 300 of them, three dense rows, running along the length of her plot. As the years have passed, they have grown taller and taller.

The latest estimate of their height two days ago was somewhere between 50ft and 60ft tall. Indeed, so prominent are they that in one part of the village they now completely obscure the exquisite view of Solsbury Hill, a 625ft high historic landmark owned by the National Trust.
It is the villagers’ firm belief that Mrs Vivian, a 70-year-old grandmother, planted the now vast leylandii in revenge for planning permission being refused for her to build four properties on her plot. Her trees are no green-fingered enthusiasm, they say — but an act of malice."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Nasty neighbours. Empty Re: Nasty neighbours.

Post by Syl Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Major wrote:Revenge is sweet.

Well she certainly isn't...she is just a nasty old woman making as many people as she can miserable.

It's not as if the neighbours can craftily chop her trees down when she is out either, though I bet they would like to... Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Major wrote:I wonder how many of her naybuz objected to her planning application out of jealousy, spite or just plain nasty bloodymindedness????????????????

That's one way of looking at it, and I guess that's the way she did, but why spoil other peoples views just because you cant get your own way?
She could have bought land elsewhere to build on instead of wanting to turn her own back garden into a building site.

On the other hand local councils often spoil peoples scenic views by erecting new housing estates, wind farms, business parks and God knows what spoiling residents views....maybe she has the mindset of a local counsellor.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Nasty neighbours. 3B40995F00000578-0-image-a-23_1481413142578

And interesting 'rights of a landowner' battle ...seems to have been waging for a long - long time! 
I suppose the 89 yr old Betty Kelly's - retired lady complaining about her loss of the grand vista's ...might be lucky it wasn't a sainted view of some sea shore somewhere being developed by a huge assed hotel or apartment complex. 
Just say'n ...shit happens all over the world Nasty neighbours. 2190311264 is it really worth all of the legal hassles and stress?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:42 pm

And the 'FLIP' side to that narrow minded POV Nasty neighbours. 701223944  
I served on a planning commission for 8 years and found that there were often 'PEOPLE' that would come in whining about minor/idiot issues with a connecting property owner!  And we'd review the regulations/law regarding that specific issue and rule according.  Only to hear that the disgruntled ass-swipe was down at the local coffee shop telling a huge fabricated BS story that had little to zero truth in it, but was just blowing BS to stir up more trouble and wanting sympathy when HE WAS IN THE WRONG! 
I've had to vote against things that had I owned that section of land, I might have wanted to vote the other way; but when a connecting land owner has the right to be concerned about the depth of your little koi pond has now grown into a major heavy equipment operation ...there is immediate hazard to all of those living in harms way when the size/depth of the dam fails and floods their homes! 
SIZE DOES MATTER and if you want to live in the country then buy enough acreage to secure your ability to do as you desire ...don't buy in a plotted area where your adjoining land owners will have concerns/issues/rights to complain about your buildings or planting choices! Nasty neighbours. 2035286543

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Common sense shouls apply. If you know your planned extension (or whatever it is you apply planning permission for) will encroach on someone elses lifestyle, why not rethink?

We have 30 year old leylandii, they grow like the clappers, in fact they never stop growing...but if they did spoil anyones view or encroached on their land we would get rid of them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:25 pm

So "The Casual Vacancy" is basically what daily life in Britain is like.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:So "The Casual Vacancy" is basically what daily life in Britain is like.

Could you elaborate a bit on that please...I don't understand the comment. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:So "The Casual Vacancy" is basically what daily life in Britain is like.

Could you elaborate a bit on that please...I don't understand the comment. scratch

The characters in JK Rowling's first post-Harry Potter novel were extraordinarily nasty, I thought she was exaggerating.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

The characters in JK Rowling's first post-Harry Potter novel were extraordinarily nasty, I thought she was exaggerating.

Ahh...got you.

So who are the baddies in this scenario then iyo...the woman who has deliberately grown the conifers blocking the scenic views her neighbours used to enjoy....or the 85 residents who have objected  to her building houses on her property?

Last edited by Syl on Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Are you saying the English are nasty?
You must be cruisin' for some kinda bruisin'
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

All most but now quite a 'Stephen King' twisted novel; yet this is a adult version of real life behind the façade in those lovely/quaint settings. 

And she's going to do an entire series along this genre! 

WOW, they may run her out of jolly ole England. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:33 pm

They could cut them down, then play dumb. Unless they're caught no one can prove they cut them.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:35 pm

eddie wrote:Are you saying the English are nasty?

Just saying -- I put that book down because it felt unrealistic, but now I'm wondering scratch
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Just saying -- I put that book down because it felt unrealistic, but now I'm wondering scratch

Well we are crotchety, cranky, stiff upper-lipped and terribly frightfully polite, but we don't got any wizards or that dude that begins with G.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:39 pm

magica wrote:They could cut them down, then play dumb.  Unless they're caught no one can prove they cut them.

Lol....have you ever attempted to cut a 30 year old leylandii conifer down Mags?

We had a professional cut one of ours down last year....it's not an easy task.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Well we are crotchety, cranky, stiff upper-lipped and terribly frightfully polite, but we don't got any wizards or that dude that begins with G.  

Actually I might be thinking of a character in the Game of thrones thingy that begins with G. Fuck knows.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down