NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you considered of as strange by your near neighbours?

+2
Ben Reilly
blackie333
6 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Are you considered of as strange by your near neighbours? Empty Re: Are you considered of as strange by your near neighbours?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Well, hmmm ...I'm the only Buddhist in this entire town of 1,570 people - one of probably a handful of registered Independent voters - have keys to 5 of my neighbor homes and out buildings {watch their places when they are gone/at work} - there are 2 of them that have keys to my home {just in case something unfortunate should ever happen to me} ...we discuss local issues but rarely any national politics or religion Are you considered of as strange by your near neighbours? 202592697

Back to top Go down

Are you considered of as strange by your near neighbours? Empty Re: Are you considered of as strange by your near neighbours?

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:45 pm

I'm that guy in my neighborhood who knows who nearly everyone else is, because at one point or another I've bumped into them and talked for a while. And I don't know why I do this, but I always remember everyone's vehicle.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm that guy in my neighborhood who knows who nearly everyone else is, because at one point or another I've bumped into them and talked for a while. And I don't know why I do this, but I always remember everyone's vehicle.

Im the girl who never remembers anyone's vehicle but I'll know their star sign within minutes and whether or not they're worth talking to again.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I'm that guy in my neighborhood who knows who nearly everyone else is, because at one point or another I've bumped into them and talked for a while. And I don't know why I do this, but I always remember everyone's vehicle.

Im the girl who never remembers anyone's vehicle but I'll know their star sign within minutes and whether or not they're worth talking to again.

Blimey Eddie, that sounds a bit superior . Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:48 pm

My best mate is my neighbour across the road who I met over 30 yearrs ago. We do lots of stuff together.
A few other neighbours will always stop and talk for a while....most others are just on nodding acquaintance.

My next door neighbours are horrible and unsociable. They are totally unaware of other people and are frankly a bloody nuisance. On one occasion when I went round to complain (with justification) the woman stood on the step almost crying and made me feel like a big bully.

I cant stand people who make out they are the victim when in reality they are the trouble,
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:24 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Oh you know what I mean! Some people are not that friendly or they're boring.
Sorry, but it's true. We all have that neighbour (person living in our area) who we avoid. They come toward us and we think "Oh my God I really don't want to know about your bloke's penile operation to extend his piss pipe!"

......Yes. I kid you not. pale
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:52 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh you know what I mean! Some people are not that friendly or they're boring.
Sorry, but it's true. We all have that neighbour (person living in our area) who we avoid. They come toward us and we think "Oh my God I really don't want to know about your bloke's penile operation to extend his piss pipe!"

......Yes. I kid you not. pale

OMG Shocked lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:00 pm

LOL, I'm the one everyone talks to.  Only been here a month now and I think I know the life story of quite a few people in the village already!   I get chatted to on buses and trains as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:02 pm

sassy wrote:LOL, I'm the one everyone talks to.  Only been here a month now and I think I know the life story of quite a few people in the village already!   I get chatted to on buses and trains as well.

That doesn't surprise me....I always think of Denise Roberson when I read your posts....not sure why. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:04 pm

Well I'm honored, because she was a lovely lady xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 pm

She was Sassy...she was very warm. Smile

I don't see myself as that friendly really, though it's been said I attract kids, waifs and strays, not sure how because I definitely don't go out to do so.

It's ages since I went on a bus, plane or train alone, but I always liked to be quiet and just relax when I did.....now he is retired OH 'protects' me form being gabbed to death by strangers. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:21 pm

LOL!   Since we moved here and OH retired we have been everywhere by car (I don't drive, I can't judge distances on my left side so I stopped once I was told), so I haven't been on a bus either.   I quite miss it.  I love to watch people and if they start to chat, see if what I thought they are and what they actually are, are the same.   My favourite journey a few years ago was from my cottage in Colchester to town.  A big school to teach overseas people english was on the journey and I would end up with them all practicing their english on me, could get very confusing on occasions.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:02 pm

When I moved here last year I got friendly with a really young couple. But after a few days I realised she was mad.

Subsequently, it turns out I was right. She's left her man about six times. She loads up her car and screeches up off the road and he goes out about five minutes later with his golf clubs.
They're very rich (his dad bought him the five bedroom, four bathroom, house just as his brothers have had befroe him!), and both very spoilt. She bought wine to my house one evening and begged me to do her tarot cards. As I sat thinking how badly I didn't want to do them, I suddenly had a feeling she was pregnant. She was. So I got out of it by saying I didn't do readings for pregnant woman (I don't, I've seen too many miscarriages in the cards before.)

She left my house all huffy.

I got an Xmas card from them and didn't send one back. To be fair I didn't send any back - I told all my new neighbours that I didn't do cards, can't be arsed with it all.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 pm

I giggled all the way through that.   If you are not careful young lady you are going to turn into the famale equivalent of a grumpy old git lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:25 pm

sassy wrote:I giggled all the way through that.   If you are not careful young lady you are going to turn into the famale equivalent of a grumpy old git lol

Hahahaha what do you mean "if"?
I am sometimes - I'm sure you've been on the end of it, say, a few times over the years? lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:30 pm

Come to think of it, I think I have!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:57 pm

sassy wrote:Come to think of it, I think I have!

Are you considered of as strange by your near neighbours? 3201073460
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 pm

I only know one of my immediate neighbours and a guy down the road. I don't think they think I'm strange. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down