NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Teacher Claims She Was racially Discriminated Against

+5
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
Syl
scrat
Major
9 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Teacher Claims She Was racially Discriminated Against Empty Re: Muslim Teacher Claims She Was racially Discriminated Against

Post by scrat Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Major wrote:A Muslim teacher who claims she was sacked after objecting to a 9/11 video has turned down a £11,000 payout and vowed to take the case to a full tribunal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3941596/Muslim-teacher-racially-discriminated-against-school-sacked-objecting-9-11-video-turns-11-000-payout-vows-tribunal.html#ixzz4QAqXLi9M
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Would you have paid her any compo???????
Here we go punting out the hatred, that the pro Nazi dailyfuckwit offers to its minions of hateful little englanders.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim Teacher Claims She Was racially Discriminated Against Empty Re: Muslim Teacher Claims She Was racially Discriminated Against

Post by Syl Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:34 pm

If she was sacked simply for objecting that the film be shown I think she has a point.
The film said not suitable for under 18 year olds, so the school was remiss in deeming it suitable for 11 and 12 year olds.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Why is she citing religious discrimination? Basically yet another prat drawing attention to being a Muslim in the worst possible way. Surely, she's objecting to this on the grounds that she's a human being, rather than her religious choices?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Syl wrote:If she was sacked simply for objecting that the film be shown I think she has  a point.
The film said not suitable for under 18 year olds, so the school was remiss in deeming it suitable for 11 and 12 year olds.

Do you think for one moment, say, a Christian or Jewish person would scream 'Religious discrimination' if they had objected to this film? Clearly, this situation has made her uncomfortable as a Muslim because she's worried those kids are watching that and thinking the worst about her religion and maybe her. This is more about her than the film footage, I suspect. And I have to say I don't really blame her. If I was Muslim, I'd fucking cringe watching that horror...because, sadly, people do make judgements even on those who are innocent just by association.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:If she was sacked simply for objecting that the film be shown I think she has  a point.

Do you think for one moment, say, a Christian or Jewish person would scream 'Religious discrimination' if they had objected to this film?   Clearly, this situation has made her uncomfortable as a Muslim because she's worried those kids are watching that and thinking the worst about her religion and maybe her.   This is more about her than the film footage, I suspect.    And I have to say I don't really blame her.  If I was Muslim, I'd fucking cringe watching that horror...because, sadly, people do make judgements even on those who are innocent just by association.

Syl's claim that it is not suitable for teaching 11- and 12-year olds is universal.  As a teacher she has the standing on behalf of education, if not the children.

But a Christian or Jew would not have the standing to bring up religious claims.  She has the standing, and so, yes, its about her as a Muslim.  

These cases often have a retaliatory claim. In the normal sequence of events when someone complains, retaliation ensues. In this case, the retaliation involved her religion (Muslim) and hence the retaliation was under color of religion (re: "The Trojan Horse scandal"). You bring the retaliation claim simultaneously with the underlying claim because you must air all claims in a single suit, or lose them.

As an aside, the religious aspect was brought in by the others, not her. It is very typical, these days, to attack someone for just being Muslim. Wasn't that why this thread was started?

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Do you think for one moment, say, a Christian or Jewish person would scream 'Religious discrimination' if they had objected to this film?   Clearly, this situation has made her uncomfortable as a Muslim because she's worried those kids are watching that and thinking the worst about her religion and maybe her.   This is more about her than the film footage, I suspect.    And I have to say I don't really blame her.  If I was Muslim, I'd fucking cringe watching that horror...because, sadly, people do make judgements even on those who are innocent just by association.

A Christian or Jew would not have the standing to bring up religious claims.  She has the standing, and so, yes, its about her as a Muslim.  

But Syl's claim that it is not suitable for teaching 11- and 12-year olds is universal.  As a teacher, again, she has the standing.

How is objecting to that video a religious thing? She mentions nothing about religion in her objection to it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:44 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A Christian or Jew would not have the standing to bring up religious claims.  She has the standing, and so, yes, its about her as a Muslim.  

But Syl's claim that it is not suitable for teaching 11- and 12-year olds is universal.  As a teacher, again, she has the standing.

How is objecting  to that video a religious thing?    She mentions nothing about religion in her objection  to it.

The article says:

Daily Mail wrote:Suriyah also claims that following her dismissal, she discovered staff raised concerns over her connection to a Saltley School where she was Head Girl, which was implicated in the Trojan Horse scandal.

As I said, it's a separate claim for retaliation.  Her antagonists brought up the religious aspect after the fact of her complaint, and created a second cause or claim.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

How is objecting  to that video a religious thing?    She mentions nothing about religion in her objection  to it.

The article says:

Daily Mail wrote:Suriyah also claims that following her dismissal, she discovered staff raised concerns over her connection to a Saltley School where she was Head Girl, which was implicated in the Trojan Horse scandal.

As I said, it's a separate claim for retaliation.  Her antagonists brought up the religious aspect after the fact of her complaint, and created a second cause or claim.

It's all a bit sketchy though, isn't it?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:28 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The article says:

It's all a bit sketchy though, isn't it?  

I guess it's what you are used to. I'm used to drafting lawsuits with multiple claims, some reinforced by evidence better than others. Sketchy is as sketchy does for the person in judgment, and some might find certain details more convincing than others.

I imagine that's why we have 9- and 12-person juries.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:00 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't think racial or religious discrimination could possibly be cited in this instance....it's common sense. Kids of 11 and 12 should not be shown films in school designed for 18 year olds...that's a given.

She claims that staff discriminated against her because she was head girl at a school which was involved in The Trojan horse scandal. But unless there was evidence she was an extremist or broke the law when she was there.....not sure why that has been brought up.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Syl's claim that it is not suitable for teaching 11- and 12-year olds is universal.  As a teacher she has the standing on behalf of education, if not the children.

But a Christian or Jew would not have the standing to bring up religious claims.  She has the standing, and so, yes, its about her as a Muslim.  

These cases often have a retaliatory claim.  In the normal sequence of events when someone complains, retaliation ensues.  In this case, the retaliation involved her religion (Muslim) and hence the retaliation was under color of religion (re: "The Trojan Horse scandal").  You bring the retaliation claim simultaneously with the underlying claim because you must air all claims in a single suit, or lose them.

As an aside, the religious aspect was brought in by the others, not her.  It is very typical, these days, to attack someone for just being Muslim.  Wasn't that why this thread was started?

Just saw this....it makes things a bit clearer.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Wrong Major...

we should have non biased, non political, secular teachers, teaching our young ones
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:15 pm

Major wrote:We should have English Christian teachuz teaching our young onez IMHO.

And bring back the The Great Plague of London!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:25 pm

So Major Finially Admits He HATES Britian
why are You so Disgusted with you nation

You should move to non-secualr nation if that is what you beleive
You don't Belong in Britian if that is what you beleive.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 pm

I don't get people like you Major. You must walk around so depressed all the time.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Bless him, he probably peeks round corners to make sure a Muslim isn't coming to get him.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:51 pm

sassy wrote:Bless him, he probably peeks round corners to make sure a Muslim isn't coming to get him.

Or the spearz. Blackz throw them things all the time
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:52 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:Bless him, he probably peeks round corners to make sure a Muslim isn't coming to get him.

Or the spearz. Blackz throw them things all the time

Do they have blow pipes as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:22 pm

I wouldn't look round the corner at all you freak, I'd stride round it smiling at anyone on the other side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:20 pm

Every time ... Laughing

Anyway, I agree with the teaching assistant about the video, but I think that claiming racial discrimination might be going a bit far.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:48 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't think racial or religious discrimination could possibly be cited in this instance....it's common sense. Kids of 11 and 12 should not be shown films in school designed for 18 year olds...that's a given.

She claims that staff discriminated against her because she was head girl at a school which was involved in The Trojan horse scandal. But unless there was evidence she was an extremist or broke the law when she was there.....not sure why that has been brought up.

The theory is, it was brought up to besmirch her and make her seem a radical, coloring her motives (retaliation) for having brought the complaint.  She claims she was at Oxford University at the time, and had no involvement in the Trojan Horse matter.  It's a question of fact, yes/no.

No question, if there are no facts the claim fails.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

The theory is, it was brought up to besmirch her and make her seem a radical, coloring her motives (retaliation) for having brought the complaint.  She claims she was at Oxford University at the time, and had no involvement in the Trojan Horse matter.  It's a question of fact, yes/no.

Or is she 'claiming' they brought it up?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:49 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

She says she 'discovered' they brought it up.

"Suriyah also claims that following her dismissal, she discovered staff raised concerns over her connection to a Saltley School where she was Head Girl, which was implicated in the Trojan Horse scandal.
She added: 'I was made to feel like an extremist because I wanted to protect these children. I was studying at Oxford during the "Trojan Horse" affair.
'To imply that I may have been involved just shows the level of prejudice I have experienced from management at the academy.'"
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:12 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Every lawsuit is a competition of 'claims'. That's why they have juries.

We get so used to believing the 'official' or 'police' version in the news, that we forget that these are all 'claims'.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

She says she 'discovered' they brought it up.

"Suriyah also claims that following her dismissal, she discovered staff raised concerns over her connection to a Saltley School where she was Head Girl, which was implicated in the Trojan Horse scandal.
She added: 'I was made to feel like an extremist because I wanted to protect these children. I was studying at Oxford during the "Trojan Horse" affair.
'To imply that I may have been involved just shows the level of prejudice I have experienced from management at the academy.'"

That I took to be a bit of legalese, referring to the statute of limitations.  Lawyers are so used to a time clock running at the point of 'discovery' of the alleged wrong, that the word discover has worked it's way into everyday language...even if it's not a limitations issue.

What she is saying is that she was not aware of it at the time, but people were whispering behind her back...a feeling we have all experienced.  She "discovered" it later, and she includes it as a form of discrimination because its a kind of atmospheric claim: failure to maintain a workplace free of discrimination.

It's rare in a religious claim  Where this kind of thing comes up is in sex discrimination cases, where some boss makes a pass at a woman, which is rejected, and then the rumor mill starts up among the 'good old boys' that she is cold or stiff or stuck-up and such.  Anyway, that's the example, but she is finding the same thing with religion because of the unique story of her school.  The claim is something like, the co-workers misconstrued her complaint, attaching it to an allegation or feeling that she was a religious 'extremist', and the administration either permitted it, or in fact encouraged it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down