NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And so it begins: Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters

+9
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Eilzel
JulesV
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
eddie
Victorismyhero
Tommy Monk
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Empty And so it begins: Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Police are investigating a wave of alleged hate crimes against Muslims, Hispanic Americans, black people, ethnic minorities and the LGBT community in the wake of the US election.
Attackers professing support for Donald Trump have been accused of numerous attacks in the 24 hours following his shock victory, including death threats, physical assaults and racist graffiti.

Several Muslim women have reported Trump supporters attempting to rip off their hijabs, which cover the hair, while others said their families have advised them to stop wearing headscarves in fear of further attacks.
Maha Abdul Gawad said she was shopping in a local Wallmart on Wednesday when another woman approached, pulled off her hijab and said: “This is not allowed anymore, so go hang yourself with it around your neck not on your head.”
Numerous incidents were also reported in schools, with students saying Muslim girls had taken off their hijabs to avoid abuse or had them forcibly removed, and teachers describing comforting crying children afraid their families would be deported.
Mackenzie Rae, from Washington, shared a message she received from a friend who works at a high school in Kansas on Wednesday.
It said: “We have two kids wearing Trump shirts pull a hijab off a Muslim girl today at school. OSS [out-of-school suspension] for five days.

“When asked why? ‘Because she’s about to get kicked out anyway and we won.’”
Have you been a victim of hate crime following the US election? Email Andrew Buncombe at A.Buncombe@independent.co.uk

A spokesman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations told The Independent there were “tremendous levels of fear given the anti-Muslim rhetoric we have seen from Donald Trump during this campaign”.
“This rhetoric is nothing new,” he added. “What is new is how far he has gone with it. That is the shocking thing.”
There have also been numerous reports of black people being verbally and physically abused by people expressing support for the President-elect.
A woman in Delaware described overhearing four white men near her at a petrol station discussing Mr Trump’s victory and “how they’re glad they won’t have to deal with n*****s much longer”. 
“One walked over to me and said ‘how scared are you, you black b****? I should just kill you right now, you’re a waste of air’,” she wrote.
“Then another guy steps forward and shows me his firearm. He says: ‘You’re lucky there’s witnesses or else I’d shoot you right here.’ I have called the police.”
Natasha, a student from the Christian Baylor University in Texas, said she was walking home from a class when a man shoved her off the pavement.
“He said ‘no n*****s allowed on the sidewalk’. I was shocked, I had no words,” she said in a video posted on social media.
“Another guy said ‘dude, what are you doing? That’s not cool’. The guy said: ‘I’m just trying to Make America Great Again’.”
And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters School-racist-graffiti
Racist graffiti left on a toilet door at Maple Grove Senior High School, Minnesota, on 9 November (Facebook)
Many victims were documenting their experiences on Facebook, with a black woman in Bloomington, Indiana, describing how she was talking into a shop when white men in a passing lorry hurled abuse.
“As they sped their truck up on me, they rolled their window down and yelled: ‘F*** you n***** b****,” she wrote.
“Trump is going to deport you back to Africa'. In my 33 years of live, I’ve never had blatant racism shown to me than in that moment.”
Elsewhere, a woman jogging in Bloomingdale, Florida, was told to “go back to Africa” by a passer-by, and graffiti at a school in Minnesota read “fuck n*****s #whitesonly #whiteamerica #trump”.
Bart Becker, the principal of Maple Grove Senior High School, wrote a letter to students and parents saying the “serious and disturbing racial incident” was under investigation.
“This incident is additional evidence of the pressing need in our schools, our community and our nation to find ways to talk about race constructively and respectfully,” he added.
Hispanic Americans and those of perceived Mexican heritage were also being targeted, with a woman saying an “older white man” threatened to sexually assault her and threw water over her hours after the election result.
“I was harassed by an older white man who presumed I was Mexican,” Rhio Oracion wrote.
“[He said]: ‘I can’t wait until Trump asks us to rape your people and send you back over the biggest damn wall we’re going to build. Go back to hell, wet back’. 
“After saying all of that, he threw the water in his cup in my face, gave me the middle finger, and ran off.
“I’m in tears right now. I’ve never been terrified of being a woman and a minority until today.”

There were also fears of an upsurge in attacks against the LGBT community.
“Can't wait until your 'marriage' is overturned by a real president,” read a sign left on a car in North Carolina. Gay families = burn in hell. Trump 2016.”
A gay man was smashed over the head with a beer bottle by men shouting homophobic slurs on election night, the Calgary Metro reported.
Mr Ball said he was in a bar in Santa Monica when the attackers shouted "We got a new President you f***ing f****ts", before assaulting him in a nearby alley.
A friend said Mr Ball was treated at accident and emergency and dismissed accusations from Trump supporters claiming a photo showing him drenched in blood was faked.
“This was an act of hate,” he added. “Let’s not let hate overpower our lives.”
And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Man-attacked-santa-monica
Chris Ball, a fim producer from Calgary, was attacked by men shouting homophobic slurs in Santa Monica on the night of the US election (Valerie Siu/Twitter)
Days before the election, a transgender woman's truck was spray painted with the words “Trump” and set on fire in her driveway as she and her three-year-old son were inside their home in Tennessee.
The FBI defines hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity”.
There is widespread concern that the US could mirror a surge in hate crime following Britain’s vote to leave the European Union, with analysts suggesting attackers may feel emboldened by Mr Trump’s election following his campaign statements on Muslims, Mexican “rapists and criminals” and promises of mass deportations.
The National Police Chiefs’ Council reported a 57 per cent rise in hate crime reports in the four days after the referendum in June, with the Metropolitan Police in London saying the figures have since subsided – but to a level higher than before the vote.

Thousands of protesters were taking to the streets in cities across the US on Thursday in protest against Mr Trump’s election and policies, with attacks on his supporters also being reported.
Following a divisive campaign, the President-elect made an uncharacteristic call for unity in his victory speech.
“Now it’s time for America to bind the wounds of division…I say it is time for us to come together as one united people,” he told supporters including a man who appeared to shout “Kill Obama!”.
“I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be President for all Americans.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-president-supporters-attack-Muslims-hijab-hispanics-lgbt-hate-crime-wave-us-election-a7410166.html

There have also been reports of disabled people being targeted.

So it begins, 1930s Germany all over again.  Why do people never learn.

Back to top Go down

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Empty Re: And so it begins: Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:59 pm

A Running List Of Reported Racist Incidents After Donald Trump’s Victory
“This is the normal.”

Threatening “vigilante” fliers calling for torture of “university leaders spouting off all this diversity garbage” were posted in bathrooms across Texas State University after Donald Trump’s win in the elections.

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Grid-cell-24323-1478877207-4
facebook.com
And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Grid-cell-24323-1478877209-9
facebook.com

“Now that our man TRUMP is elected and republicans own both the senate and the house - - time to organize tar and feather VIGILANTE SQUADS and go arrest and torture those deviant university leaders spouting off all this Diversity Garbage,” the fliers, which were glued to bathrooms and mirrors in buildings across the campus, said.
Other fliers criticized the the concept of diversity and its proponents.
One flier said, “NO OTHER RACE (BUT WHITES) HAS BENT OVER BACKWARDS to assure that all non-whites receive a ‘fair shake’ in being part of American life, even to the detriment and social well-being of ‘our own kinds’ (whites).” The flier said “multiculturalism” and “diversity” and “code-words for white genocide.”
The Texas State University Police was investigating the incident, President Denise M. Trauth said in a statement. Trauth said she was aware of reports of “action and expression that have occurred on campus following the recent elections in our country.”
“Actions such as pasting flyers to bathroom mirrors amounts to criminal activity, and our university police are investigating these incidents,” Trauth said. “Texas State strives to maintain an atmosphere that protects free speech, but one that is respectful to other members of the Bobcat community.”
The university police did not return BuzzFeed News’ request for comment.

Racial slurs and threats, including the n-word, “Go back to Africa,” and “Whites only,” along with pro-Trump slogans were found scrawled in a high school bathroom in Minnesota on Nov. 9.

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Grid-cell-12291-1478881152-5
Facebook
And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Grid-cell-12291-1478881153-10
Facebook

Police said they were investigating the graffiti found in the boys bathroom at Maple Grove Senior High School. The graffiti included #FuckallPorchmonkeys, #Whitesonly, Trump Train, #Gobacktoafrica and “Make America Great Again.”
According to police, the “racist” messages were written during the school day on Nov. 9.
“This type of behavior is highly offensive, will not be tolerated and does not reflect the views of the Maple Grove community,” police said in a statement.
In a letter to students’ families, the school’s principal, Bart Becker, said he was “horrified” by the “serious and disturbing racial incident.”
“We immediately launched an investigation into this incident and we will take swift and appropriate action based on the investigation findings,” Becker said. “We will work very hard to identify who did this horrible act and determine how we can support the students and the staff who have been affected by it.”

Mehreen Kasana, an editor in New York City who was wearing a scarf around her head the day after the election, said that a man told her, “Your time’s up, girlie.”

Kasana, a Muslim woman, told BuzzFeed News that she didn’t usually cover her head but her younger sister observes the hijab. She said she wore a scarf on Nov. 9 because of the cold.
Kasana said that while she was passing by people at the subway station, a “white man who had to be in his mid-30s, holding a briefcase and a newspaper first looked at me and grunted. Then he said, ‘Your time’s up, girlie.’”
According to Kasana no one at the station did anything. “I almost always fight back but I think that moment was so replete with defeat and misery that, out of the sheer need to protect myself, I remained silent,” she said. “The last thing I needed was to get pushed on the tracks.”

Middle schoolers in Michigan chanted “Build the wall” in their lunchroom on Nov. 9.

A group of middle schoolers in Royal Oak, Michigan, broke out in a “build the wall” chant inside their cafeteria on Wednesday, echoing one of Trump’s rallying cries during his campaign.
“Because of the strong emotions and intensity of rhetoric that the posting of this incident to social media has elicited, we have had parents express concern regarding student safety,” Superintendent of schools Shawn Lewis-Lakin said in a statement Thursday.
Read more here.

A “Make America White Again” sign with a swastika was graffitied on a softball dugout wall in a park in Wellsville, New York.

Wellsville Village Police Chief Tim O’Grady told the Wellsville Daily that no one had filed a complaint about the graffiti, which was spotted on Nov. 9. He said the wall was on a privately owned field. “Unless somebody makes a complaint, we don’t have any cause for action,” O’Grady said. “It’s vandalism, we’ll look into it.”
[url=http://www.alleganyco.com/btn_Elections/Elections/Summary report.html#1001]Sixty-seven percent[/url] of votes in Allegany County, where Wellsville is located, went to Trump–Pence.

Photos of a black baby doll which appeared to be hung in an elevator in Canisius College in New York on the night of Nov. 8, surfaced on social media.

The Tuesday-night incident prompted Canisius President John Hurley to send a campuswide letter strongly condemning the act, which he called “extremely troubling on several levels,” the Buffalo News reported.
He later issued a detailed message describing two separate incidents — placing the doll in the elevator and the use of the doll in a residence hall room — which involved two unrelated sets of students.
According to the public safety report, the doll was first placed in an elevator as a prank to startle people and the two strings at the doll’s neck were part of its construction. Hurley said there was no evidence that the doll was hung in the elevator as several social media posts appeared to suggest.
The elevator prank set off a chain of events “on a night when the results of the presidential election had many students feeling distressed and vulnerable” Hurley said, adding that those involved in the elevator prank would be disciplined.
The doll was then later put in residence hall room where it was hung from the curtain rod, according to the report. Students took photos of it and created memes using language about “Trump fans” which were then posted to social media, according to Hurley.
“It’s evident that what may have started as a thoughtless, insensitive prank earlier in the evening in the elevator degraded into a very offensive, inappropriate act later that night,” he said.
The students involved in the residence hall incident have been involuntarily suspended from the college pending the outcome of disciplinary cases against them, the consequences of which could include dismissal from the college, Hurley said.

A “fair skinned male” allegedly pulled at a woman’s hijab on Nov. 8, choking her and causing her to fall, San Jose State University police said in an alert to students.

It wasn’t clear whether the woman was attacked because of her hijab, and the university said the case was under investigation.
“We are of course very concerned that this has occurred on our campus,” a spokeswoman told the Mercury News. “No one should experience this kind of behavior at San Jose State.”
Doaa Abdelrahman, the president of the Muslim Student Association at San Jose State, told the Mercury News that she knew the victim and believed the attack was related to Trump’s campaign on election night.
“I’ve experienced racism for my religion since age 9,” Abdelrahman said. “I think Trump is the cause of a lot of segregation and division between people.”

“Trump” was scrawled on the door of a Muslim prayer room at New York University on Nov. 9.

facebook.com
The incident at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering was reported by the NYU Muslim Students Association (MSA).
The day after Trump was elected president, a Muslim student making his way to the prayer room found “Trump” scribbled across the front of prayer space door, Afraz Khan, the president of NYU MSA, told BuzzFeed News.
“Our campus is not immune to the bigotry that grips America,” the MSA said in a Facebook post.
The incident was reported to university officials, whom Khan said were doing a “wonderful job in supporting us.”
In the wake of the vandalism, the MSA organized a rally and called on fellow students “to show support that fear and intimidation have no place on our campus.”
Within 24 hours, more than 1,000 people signed up as supporters “to denounce this hate,” Khan said.
“Nothing like this has happened before at NYU and we pray this is the first and last incident,” he said.

“Fuck your safe space,” “Build wall,” and “Trump” were scrawled in chalk at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on Nov. 8.

Other graffiti scrawled on campus after Trump’s win included “Democrats can kiss Trump’s ass.”
Campus maintenance workers washed away some of the reported graffiti, while campus police were investigating several more reports of pro-Trump graffiti across the campus, the Advertiser reported.

“Black lives don’t matter and neither does your votes,” was spray-painted across a wall in Durham, North Carolina on Nov. 9.

Community members gathered Thursday and cleaned up the message, WNCN reported.

A social media post on Nov. 10 showed two students from Southern Illinois University wearing blackface and standing in front of a Confederate flag.

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Sub-buzz-4326-1478817549-1
The post, which was widely shared, prompted the university to issue a statement saying they were aware of offensive social media posts and were reviewing the incidents.
“This week’s presidential election was extremely divisive and emotions are running high,” the interim chancellor, Brad Colwell, said in the statement. “A number of people have contacted my office regarding offensive behavior and comments, including social media posts. While federal law prohibits us from discussing issues related to specific students, please know that we deeply share your concerns. We are reviewing every incident and will take appropriate action.”
Colwell said that while discussions about the future of the country were important, he urged students to do so in a “civil manner that respects everyone’s right to agree or to disagree.”

A Muslim student at San Diego State University (SDSU) was attacked and robbed by two men “who made comments about President-Elect Trump and the Muslim community” on Nov. 9, the SDSU police said in a safety alert.

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Sub-buzz-27372-1478807842-1
Facebook: 165977713436348
The two suspects, a white male and a Hispanic male, confronted the student in a stairwell in what police described as a “hate crime, robbery and vehicle theft.”
The two men “made comments about President-Elect Trump and the Muslim community, confronted her and grabbed her purse and backpack,” according to police. They also took her car keys and stole her vehicle.
“Comments made to the student indicate she was targeted because of her Muslim faith, including her wearing of a traditional garment and hijab,” SDSU police said in a statement provided to BuzzFeed News.

Two men in a pickup truck with a Trump flag drove to Wellesley College, a women’s liberal arts school in Massachusetts and Hillary Clinton’s alma mater, stopped in front of a house for students of African descent, and “antagonized” and screamed “Trump” and “Make America Great Again” on Nov. 9, according to accounts from students and college officials.

Facebook: sydney.robertson.50
Wellesley police confirmed the incident and said the two “disruptive individuals” were asked to leave the property.
The two men, who were students at Babson College, were expelled from their fraternity, Sigma Phi Epsilon. The fraternity said that both men’s actions were “abhorrent” in a statement.
“This type of abusive, misogynistic behavior has no place in our society, and we’re proud of our chapter swiftly removing these men from our organization,” the fraternity said,
Babson College was investigating both men’s actions, which the president described as “highly offensive, incredibly insensitive, and simply not acceptable.”

A Facebook post on Nov. 9 appeared to show a Trump supporter in a car that had Trump flags and anti-Muslim stickers including “All Muslims are terrorists, deport them all.”

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Sub-buzz-10118-1478824417-4
Facebook
The Facebook user posted a video showing the truck with a Confederate flag on the front bumper and also stickers saying, “Kill all Muslims” and “All Muslims are child molesters.” The user later deleted the Facebook post.

Yarden Katz, a fellow at Harvard Medical School, said that he witnessed a US postal worker telling a man who appeared to be of Hispanic descent, “Go back to your country. This is Trump land” at a gas station in Massachusetts on Nov. 9.

USPS said the issue had been “escalated to the appropriate members of USPS management.”
Katz told BuzzFeed News that it was an “appalling incident.”
“I was taken aback by how brazen it was on the part of the USPS worker to make racist comments, in broad daylight, in a supposedly progressive town. It clearly looks like part of a bigger national trend,” he said.

A swastika, “Seig Heil 2016,” and the word “Trump” with the T replaced with a swastika were graffitied on the windows on an empty store in South Philly on Wednesday, Philly.com reported.

The graffiti was spray-painted on the 78th anniversary of Kristallnacht or “Night of the Broken Glass” — a wave anti-Jewish pogroms in Nazi Germany in 1938.
Police also investigated several other incidents of pro-Trump racist graffiti, including the words “Trump Rules” and “Black Bitch,” spray-painted across a car belonging to a 62-year-old black woman, Philly.com reported.

Chris Weatherd, a former University of Tennessee linebacker, posted a video that appeared to show his car vandalized with the n-word and “Trump” on Nov. 9 in Knoxville.

Weatherd told BuzzFeed News that he woke up on Wednesday morning to find that someone had used washable paint to vandalize his car with racial slurs.
He did not file a police report, but said that a family member of the person who did it had apologized to him. Weatherd did not wish to disclose the identity of the alleged suspect, but said it was a neighbor who was a Trump supporter.
He said that while he wasn’t “entirely upset” about it, he posted it to Twitter to show that “this is the normal.”

Rochelle Abraham posted a picture of a car with a Confederate flag and “Kill Kill Kill” signs in Needham, Massachusetts, the morning after Trump’s victory.

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Grid-cell-14337-1478882390-10
Rochelle Abraham
And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Grid-cell-14337-1478882390-15
Facebook

Abraham told BuzzFeed News that she spotted the car, which had a POW flag, an American flag, and the Confederate flag, on the morning on Nov. 9.
“I was already feeling off center with respect to what a Trump presidency would mean for myself and those that I love,” Abraham said. “First and foremost I fear for what this means for my 26-year-old son. The current murders of young unarmed black men, Giuliani era stop-and-frisk and just so much on my mind after hearing the final results. The last thing I expected to see was this atrocious, blatant display of hurtful disrespect, racism, and bigotry,” she said.
While she did not see any Trump signs on the car, “just the fact that I saw this the day after the election kind of speaks for itself,” she said.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/racist-incidents-after-trumps-victory?utm_term=.qpPEJMVvzl#.cj2lN05aJX

Photos and videos on link

Back to top Go down

And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Empty Re: And so it begins: Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:35 pm

You don't half post some drivel...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:39 pm

Oh, I'm quite sure you find people being attacked for their race or sexuality drivel, and I'm quite sure you would have been at home in Germany in the 1930s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Tiresome cretin...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Don't talk about yourself like that, we know you are, but you can aim higher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:01 pm

Re the O/P

I'm not surprised, when the snake is on the surface the worms come out as well,,,,

What HAS to be asked is WHY....

WHY did trump win ...

the low turnout is one thing...but ...just like the brexit vote ...if alf your voters cant be arsed to turn up and vote

1) you should ask yourself WHY...are you (or your policies or your "promises") seen as worthless???
2) you CERTAINLY havnt the right to condem the opposing voters for turning out and excercising THEIR right to vote....even if you detest their views.... If anything you perhaps should be lambasting YOUR voters for being such indolent layabouts.....

trump didn't "win" this....clinton and the liberal establishment "lost" it.....

the parallels with nazi germany actually have some truth

people were sick to death of the "old guard" and the "same old same old" way of doing things and voted for what they saw as a change....(not as it turned out a change for the better of course but non the less it was a rejection of "same old same old.."

unfortunately dismal little grey politicians following little grey means are not attractive and the lefts attitude of hurling abouse at all and anyone who dissents does them no favours.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:36 pm

The eu referendum vote turnout was huge compared to other UK voting turnouts.

And nothing to do with the US president election.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

How the heck is that drivel? I've seen these stories all over the media today and they've sickened me. This isn't normal.
Why do you dismiss it like that?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The eu referendum vote turnout was huge compared to other UK voting turnouts.

And nothing to do with the US president election.

Non the less...if the idle buggers who couldnt be arsed HAD turned out and voted...the vote on brexit would have gone the other way....

so the similarity stands....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

How the heck is that drivel? I've seen these stories all over the media today and they've sickened me. This isn't normal.

Actually I'm really not going to let this go. I'm feeling a tad emotional anyway so I may as well use it for this purpose.

If you're not saying these stories are lies then what you are saying, in essence, is that these people matter so little to you that you're prepared to fuck them off without a thought and that bothers me. That bothers me Tommy because I didn't think you were that guy.
Are you that guy???
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:31 pm

There are also reports of Trump supporters being attacked. It's all a bit bizarre really because there were clearly tensions below the surface, and now they're rising up. Can people who are different to each really get on voluntarily or do they have to be forced to do so?

I thought Obama would be able to unite people more, but he doesn't seem to have been able to - not underneath anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Firstly LF... don't be so gullible as to believe the bullshit that those who didn't vote actually supported staying in the eu... or the bullshit that those in the US who didn't vote supported clinton... it's just the same bullshit tactic...

Just like we had the same sort of bullshit barrel scraping stories about there being a huge spate of 'hate crimes' in the days after the eu referendum as sassy is wheeling out here now...!

They are the similarities... as well as the remarkably similar looking lefty types kicking off and throwing tantrums cos they didn't get their own way...

How long do you think it will be before they start claiming that trump voters didn't realise what they were voting for and they would vote differently if there was a second
referendum... I mean election...!?

Sound familiar...?

And secondly, eddie... I dismiss sassy's propaganda because it is bollocks!!!

One of her 'examples' was a hispanic allegedly abusing a Muslim woman and making pro trump comments!!!

Come on eddie... the bullshit is designed to pull on the heart strings and bypass common sense thinking...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There are also reports of Trump supporters being attacked. It's all a bit bizarre really because there were clearly tensions below the surface, and now they're rising up. Can people who are different to each really get on voluntarily or do they have to be forced to do so?

I thought Obama would be able to unite people more, but he doesn't seem to have been able to - not underneath anyway.

The media have been whipping up the rhetoric for ages... and there will always be stupid people who fall for it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There are also reports of Trump supporters being attacked. It's all a bit bizarre really because there were clearly tensions below the surface, and now they're rising up. Can people who are different to each really get on voluntarily or do they have to be forced to do so?

The media have been whipping up the rhetoric for ages... and there will always be stupid people who fall for it...

One does have to be careful about believing everything that's reported. One woman allegedly invented an attack.

http://wgno.com/2016/11/10/police-lafayette-student-lied-about-being-robbed-of-wallet-hijab-by-trump-supporters/

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Attacks have been happening. Do you think these people deserved it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:54 pm

eddie wrote:Attacks have been happening. Do you think these people deserved it?

What is bizarre is people protesting about the election result. How can you protest against a democratic vote and be taken seriously?

Anyway, Americans are generally a bit histrionic, but it will probably all calm down soon.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

What is bizarre is people protesting about the election result. How can you protest against a democratic vote and be taken seriously?

Anyway, Americans are generally a bit histrionic, but it will probably all calm down soon.

Labels again. Always labels.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Huh?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

One does have to be careful about believing everything that's reported. One woman allegedly invented an attack.

http://wgno.com/2016/11/10/police-lafayette-student-lied-about-being-robbed-of-wallet-hijab-by-trump-supporters/

Doesn't surprise me...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Huh?

It's what starts off all the nastiness in a debate. Why mention anything about certain people being histrionic? If I'd said that about Christians you'd have jumped on my head.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 pm

It's about the American election eddie...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:53 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Huh?

It's what starts off all the nastiness in a debate. Why mention anything about certain people being histrionic?  If I'd said that about Christians you'd have jumped on my head.

Well Americans are - it's a well-known fact. They're just more excitable. I mean - a lot of them voted for a celebrity FFS.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:10 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

A democratic election, you say? Trump "won" by getting 47 percent of the vote ... to Clinton's 48 percent.

If Brexit had lost even though it got the most votes, do you think the British would be fine with that?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Simple question, Tommy Monk, how do you think you come across on forums?

Sassy posted a long list of attacks and if there were a couple of incidents you felt were dubious or false, you could have just said so, instead of deliberately belittling and dismissing her entire post as ''drivel''.  What's wrong with you?

A couple of the men had blackened faces exactly like the repulsively ugly blackened face you used in your avatar. The forum owner disliked it and got rid of it and you immediately replaced it with a cat sporting a hitler moustache and Nazi salute.

You sit there typing the coldest, most stonyhearted comments you can think of. Is this really what your life is all about?

I try hard to look for a smidgen of humanity even in the forum ''tough guys''. You're definitely a lost cause.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:21 am

Bae wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

A democratic election, you say? Trump "won" by getting 47 percent of the vote ... to Clinton's 48 percent.

If Brexit had lost even though it got the most votes, do you think the British would be fine with that?

I can understand people protesting against a voting system, but they're not - they're protesting against the election of Trump, even though he won fair and square according to the voting system. You've had the same system for years, so why hasn't it been addressed before if you don't like it?

The Brexit vote was different - it was much simpler whereby each vote counted, and the side with the most votes won. We do have an issue with our Parliamentary electoral system obviously. That was very obvious in the last general election.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Sassy posted a long list of attacks and if there were a couple of incidents you felt were dubious or false, you could have just said so, instead of deliberately belittling and dismissing her entire post as ''drivel''.  What's wrong with you?

A couple of the men had blackened faces exactly like the repulsively ugly blackened face you used in your avatar. The forum owner disliked it and got rid of it and you immediately replaced it with a cat sporting a hitler moustache and Nazi salute.

You sit there typing the coldest, most stonyhearted comments you can think of. Is this really what your life is all about?

I try hard to look for a smidgen of humanity even in the forum ''tough guys''. You're definitely a lost cause.

Well said.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:26 am

This thread isn't about Tommy ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:26 am

Bae wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

In which case...your "system" is screwed......

and doesnt that then lay waste to the claims of how "democratic" the US really is??? And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:This thread isn't about Tommy ...
Shut up.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:29 am

Jules wrote:
Shut up.

Stop attacking Tommy then, and address the actual subject.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:30 am

The republican's win is not the end of the world. It's not just one factor that won it, it's a number of lucky things that all came together at the right time, not least the well established 8 yearly cycle of regime change.

As for labels, it goes both ways. For speaking against a sexually biased attitude I've had ''feminist'' thrown at me, when in fact most fair-minded people are feminists by default anyway. And funnily enough it's sometimes women who toss this label around. I 've got no reason whatsoever to dislike them and plenty of reasons to be grateful for them daily.  Wink  Wink    Put your silly labels away.

Last edited by Jules on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 am

I don't care what it's about and I'll say whatever the hell I want. He's a big big and if he feels I'm picking on him he can tell me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 am

eddie wrote:

I don't care what it's about and I'll say whatever the hell I want. He's a big big and if he feels I'm picking on him he can tell me.

I think you're labelling him ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:35 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Bae wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I can understand people protesting against a voting system, but they're not - they're protesting against the election of Trump, even though he won fair and square according to the voting system. You've had the same system for years, so why hasn't it been addressed before if you don't like it?

The Brexit vote was different - it was much simpler whereby each vote counted, and the side with the most votes won. We do have an issue with our Parliamentary electoral system obviously. That was very obvious in the last general election.

They're protesting the fact that the will of the majority of American people was not carried out, and instead, we're going to have a president the majority of the country strongly disagrees with.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:36 am

sassy wrote:Police are investigating a wave of alleged hate crimes against Muslims, Hispanic Americans, black people, ethnic minorities and the LGBT community in the wake of the US election.
Attackers professing support for Donald Trump have been accused of numerous attacks in the 24 hours following his shock victory, including death threats, physical assaults and racist graffiti.

Several Muslim women have reported Trump supporters attempting to rip off their hijabs, which cover the hair, while others said their families have advised them to stop wearing headscarves in fear of further attacks.
Maha Abdul Gawad said she was shopping in a local Wallmart on Wednesday when another woman approached, pulled off her hijab and said: “This is not allowed anymore, so go hang yourself with it around your neck not on your head.”
Numerous incidents were also reported in schools, with students saying Muslim girls had taken off their hijabs to avoid abuse or had them forcibly removed, and teachers describing comforting crying children afraid their families would be deported.
Mackenzie Rae, from Washington, shared a message she received from a friend who works at a high school in Kansas on Wednesday.
It said: “We have two kids wearing Trump shirts pull a hijab off a Muslim girl today at school. OSS [out-of-school suspension] for five days.

“When asked why? ‘Because she’s about to get kicked out anyway and we won.’”
Have you been a victim of hate crime following the US election? Email Andrew Buncombe at A.Buncombe@independent.co.uk

A spokesman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations told The Independent there were “tremendous levels of fear given the anti-Muslim rhetoric we have seen from Donald Trump during this campaign”.
“This rhetoric is nothing new,” he added. “What is new is how far he has gone with it. That is the shocking thing.”
There have also been numerous reports of black people being verbally and physically abused by people expressing support for the President-elect.
A woman in Delaware described overhearing four white men near her at a petrol station discussing Mr Trump’s victory and “how they’re glad they won’t have to deal with n*****s much longer”. 
“One walked over to me and said ‘how scared are you, you black b****? I should just kill you right now, you’re a waste of air’,” she wrote.
“Then another guy steps forward and shows me his firearm. He says: ‘You’re lucky there’s witnesses or else I’d shoot you right here.’ I have called the police.”
Natasha, a student from the Christian Baylor University in Texas, said she was walking home from a class when a man shoved her off the pavement.
“He said ‘no n*****s allowed on the sidewalk’. I was shocked, I had no words,” she said in a video posted on social media.
“Another guy said ‘dude, what are you doing? That’s not cool’. The guy said: ‘I’m just trying to Make America Great Again’.”
And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters School-racist-graffiti
Racist graffiti left on a toilet door at Maple Grove Senior High School, Minnesota, on 9 November (Facebook)
Many victims were documenting their experiences on Facebook, with a black woman in Bloomington, Indiana, describing how she was talking into a shop when white men in a passing lorry hurled abuse.
“As they sped their truck up on me, they rolled their window down and yelled: ‘F*** you n***** b****,” she wrote.
“Trump is going to deport you back to Africa'. In my 33 years of live, I’ve never had blatant racism shown to me than in that moment.”
Elsewhere, a woman jogging in Bloomingdale, Florida, was told to “go back to Africa” by a passer-by, and graffiti at a school in Minnesota read “fuck n*****s #whitesonly #whiteamerica #trump”.
Bart Becker, the principal of Maple Grove Senior High School, wrote a letter to students and parents saying the “serious and disturbing racial incident” was under investigation.
“This incident is additional evidence of the pressing need in our schools, our community and our nation to find ways to talk about race constructively and respectfully,” he added.
Hispanic Americans and those of perceived Mexican heritage were also being targeted, with a woman saying an “older white man” threatened to sexually assault her and threw water over her hours after the election result.
“I was harassed by an older white man who presumed I was Mexican,” Rhio Oracion wrote.
“[He said]: ‘I can’t wait until Trump asks us to rape your people and send you back over the biggest damn wall we’re going to build. Go back to hell, wet back’. 
“After saying all of that, he threw the water in his cup in my face, gave me the middle finger, and ran off.
“I’m in tears right now. I’ve never been terrified of being a woman and a minority until today.”

There were also fears of an upsurge in attacks against the LGBT community.
“Can't wait until your 'marriage' is overturned by a real president,” read a sign left on a car in North Carolina. Gay families = burn in hell. Trump 2016.”
A gay man was smashed over the head with a beer bottle by men shouting homophobic slurs on election night, the Calgary Metro reported.
Mr Ball said he was in a bar in Santa Monica when the attackers shouted "We got a new President you f***ing f****ts", before assaulting him in a nearby alley.
A friend said Mr Ball was treated at accident and emergency and dismissed accusations from Trump supporters claiming a photo showing him drenched in blood was faked.
“This was an act of hate,” he added. “Let’s not let hate overpower our lives.”
And so it begins:   Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters Man-attacked-santa-monica
Chris Ball, a fim producer from Calgary, was attacked by men shouting homophobic slurs in Santa Monica on the night of the US election (Valerie Siu/Twitter)
Days before the election, a transgender woman's truck was spray painted with the words “Trump” and set on fire in her driveway as she and her three-year-old son were inside their home in Tennessee.
The FBI defines hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity”.
There is widespread concern that the US could mirror a surge in hate crime following Britain’s vote to leave the European Union, with analysts suggesting attackers may feel emboldened by Mr Trump’s election following his campaign statements on Muslims, Mexican “rapists and criminals” and promises of mass deportations.
The National Police Chiefs’ Council reported a 57 per cent rise in hate crime reports in the four days after the referendum in June, with the Metropolitan Police in London saying the figures have since subsided – but to a level higher than before the vote.

Thousands of protesters were taking to the streets in cities across the US on Thursday in protest against Mr Trump’s election and policies, with attacks on his supporters also being reported.
Following a divisive campaign, the President-elect made an uncharacteristic call for unity in his victory speech.
“Now it’s time for America to bind the wounds of division…I say it is time for us to come together as one united people,” he told supporters including a man who appeared to shout “Kill Obama!”.
“I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be President for all Americans.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-president-supporters-attack-Muslims-hijab-hispanics-lgbt-hate-crime-wave-us-election-a7410166.html

There have also been reports of disabled people being targeted.

So it begins, 1930s Germany all over again.  Why do people never learn.

I am touched by the empathy and humanity shown by sassy and eddie in this thread.
Things will definitely calm down.
goodnight sassy & eddie. x

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:39 am

Bae wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They're protesting the fact that the will of the majority of American people was not carried out, and instead, we're going to have a president the majority of the country strongly disagrees with.

But the popular vote has never determined who will be President, so they're barking up the wrong tree. Even if Hillary had won via the popular vote, she still wouldn't have got more than 50%, so the majority of the country wouldn't have backed her anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:43 am

Sassy posted a wall of waffle...

Please show the two men with blackened faces...?

Think you'll find it was a young man and woman in some kind of facepack/beauty product... twisted into a 'hate crime' by the lies and spin sassy is well known for...

Raggs has already shown a prime example of a Muslim woman lying about being attacked by trump supporters... she made the whole thing up... complete lies!!!

Yes... another Muslim lying about being a victim of attack for political reasons!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:05 am

So you are that guy Tommy. You actually cannot find a fucking decent thing to say about people being bullied simply for their religion or colour.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I don't care what it's about and I'll say whatever the hell I want. He's a big boy and if he feels I'm picking on him he can tell me.

I think you're acting like an arse oh well.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:20 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think you're acting like an arse oh well.

You're always saying people should address the post, not the poster. I don't think this thread should be disrupted by people getting personal about Tommy because it's an interesting one. It's not very clear how accurate the reports are - on either side, but it's fairly predictable because of the controversy in the run up to the election. I also think that the issue of whether the election was "fair" is interesting, given the discrepancy in the result versus the popular vote.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:30 am

You're right, I'm sorry. I'm being an arse and it's not you I'm pissed off with, it's Tommy.
I've had lack of food and sleep. No excuse really.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:39 am

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Excellent post, I often wonder the same. Never heard anything remotely kind or sympathetic from him, ever.

To dismiss Sassy's thread shows are complete disinterest in real suffering or a willingness to turn a blind eye when the you empathise more with the criminals.

A sorry state of affairs I hope doesn't become the norm in the US.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:43 am

Come on eddie... see the propaganda for what it is...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:51 am

So do you think these are all fake?
And what is the gain if it is propaganda?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:06 am

Maybe you should ask this liar what her motivation was...

And sassy's list of incidents... lot of Facebook based waffle...

While the truth is that Democrat supporters are the ones who have been kicking off and causing trouble...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:28 am

Vic wrote:WHY did trump win ...

That is the question, isn't it? We can only spend so much time on that question, however. Our mission is to make sure he doesn't win again.

We must try our hardest to make the Trump presidency a failure, so that he doesn't get re-elected.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:37 am

Don't write off why, Quill.

Clinton got 5 million fewer votes than Obama in 2012.

She was the problem.

Backing the RIGHT candidate is the most important thing in 2020.

In the meantime, if Trump is as bad as we think, he won't need help failing- and actively working to make the government fail is counter productive for your country, if he is bad he will fail himself in the eyes of the world.

To win, the Democrats need to move away from the self entitled party establishment that cost this election.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 am

Eilzel wrote:Don't write off why, Quill.

Clinton got 5 million fewer votes than Obama in 2012.

She was the problem.

Backing the RIGHT candidate is the most important thing in 2020.

In the meantime, if Trump is as bad as we think, he won't need help failing- and actively working to make the government fail is counter productive for your country, if he is bad he will fail himself in the eyes of the world.

To win, the Democrats need to move away from the self entitled party establishment that cost this election.

You misunderstand, Les. First, Clinton is history. We're not concerned about how good or bad she was anymore.

Second, we know Trump will fail. We know he backed into the presidency. Our mission is simply to exploit his shortcomings and make sure America fails on his watch. We need to keep pointing out his betrayal to his base (when will the wall start? what will happen with people without healthcare and the money to afford it?), and his conflicts (he isn't putting his business in a blind trust...watch that one carefully, if gleefully).

He will create a lot of precedent. Already, tax returns are out, pussy-grabbing is in. But there's more to come.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:30 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

What a Face

I'm just waiting for the day when Tommykins has one drink too many before posting his nonsense on here,, and finally crosses the line...

And we see him banned for good..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next