NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

+3
Tommy Monk
'Wolfie
eddie
7 posters

Go down

Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds Empty Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post by eddie Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Bacteria found in the mouth and gut has been linked to migraines in a new study.

Researchers discovered that people who suffer migraines have significantly more nitrate-modifying bacteria in their mouths and gut, than those who don’t.

The finding could explain why some people report migraines after consuming foods containing nitrates such as ham, bacon, salami, sausages and leafy greens.

Experts now hope to analyse why migraine sufferers have higher levels of the bacteria in their mouths and gut.

They believe the development of a “probiotic mouthwash” could help sufferers combat the debilitating headaches in future.
One in five women and one in 15 men experience migraines, according to the NHS.

To understand whether there was a link between nitrates and migraines, researchers at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine analysed bacteria found in 172 mouth samples and 1,996 faecal samples from healthy volunteers, who had previously been asked if they suffered from migraines.

“There is this idea out there that certain foods trigger migraines - chocolate, wine and especially foods containing nitrates,” said lead author Antonio Gonzalez, programmer analyst at the Center for Microbiome Innovation, San Diego.

“We thought that perhaps there are connections between what people are eating, their microbiomes and their experiences with migraines.”

Researchers found that people who suffered migraines had significantly more nitrate-modifying bacteria in their mouths and gut, than those who didn’t.

“We know for a fact that nitrate-reducing bacteria are found in the oral cavity,” said researcher Embriette Hyde.

“We definitely think this pathway is advantageous to cardiovascular health.

“We now also have a potential connection to migraines, though it remains to be seen whether these bacteria are a cause or result of migraines, or are indirectly linked in some other way.”

Researchers said they now want to investigate the link between nitrates and migraines further.

They also hope to develop a probiotic mouthwash which will be able to help boost heart health, without triggering migraines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/migraines-could-be-caused-by-bacteria-found-in-mouth_uk_5807295ee4b0dcd02990098b?utm_hp_ref=uk

Faecal matter?? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds Empty Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds 1399249160

THIS STUDY could potentially do wonders for the sales of mouthwashes...

Next will we see their advsrtising including "helps relieve the effects of migraine headaches"  ??? santa
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds Empty Re: Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds

Post by eddie Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:10 pm

That's exactly what I thought too!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Did you see the recent news about the bacteria/superbugs found in women's handbags...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Did you see the recent news about the bacteria/superbugs found in women's handbags...?

I can believe it of mine, it's like a junkyard.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:16 am

Every scientific breakthrough must be cast aside as a get-rich-quick scheme -- how cynical.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:14 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Every scientific breakthrough must be cast aside as a get-rich-quick scheme -- how cynical.

True, but sometimes a healthy dose of cynicism is needed.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Every scientific breakthrough must be cast aside as a get-rich-quick scheme -- how cynical.

IT'S an ill wind that blows nobody any good...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:37 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Every scientific breakthrough must be cast aside as a get-rich-quick scheme -- how cynical.

Really, what has cynicism ever accomplished?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

As a nice side dish to your "healthy dose of skepticism"?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

As a nice side dish to your "healthy dose of skepticism"?

Skepticism has accomplished tons of things, but what has cynicism ever accomplished?

Here's something we got from skepticism:

Skeptic: What creates lightning?

Caveman: God.

Skeptic: Nah ...

FLASH-FORWARD THOUSANDS OF YEARS ...

Migraines Could Be Caused By Bacteria Found In Your Mouth, Study Finds Php2wryxy
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:46 pm

You better hope I never catch you being cynical. That's all I'm going to say in the matter. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:57 pm

eddie wrote:You better hope I never catch you being cynical. That's all I'm going to say in the matter. Cool

I'll be cynical when there's a real reason to be, not just because a scientific discovery was made Cool
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:You better hope I never catch you being cynical. That's all I'm going to say in the matter. Cool

I'll be cynical when there's a real reason to be, not just because a scientific discovery was made Cool

I will remain cynical about your reasons for being non-cynical. Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:26 pm

he's a cynicist of convenience....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:21 pm

Lord Foul wrote:he's a cynicist of convenience....

I'm cynical when there is a reason to be -- in this case, a scientific discovery was made. Do most scientific discoveries turn into "buy this or you'll die" product lines? Obviously not.

And any product that does come out of this might very well be an effective treatment for migraine headaches, so even better.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Do you have a headache Reilly?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:46 am

Don't know about headache... but he does do a lot of bellyache ing...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by JulesV Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:38 pm

eddie wrote:Bacteria found in the mouth and gut has been linked to migraines in a new study....

Oral bacteria can deposit on the heart valves too, and that can set off a chain of events, and believe me, if it happens to anyone, migraine would be the least of their problems. Twisted Evil

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:04 am

I used to work in a dental surgery and the amount of people that were ill due to bad oral health was amazing!

I seem to remember a footballer a few years back who had some kind of trouble with his knee or back....turned out his teeth were causing him problems and once he fixed those his other problems disappeared.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:41 am

Jules wrote:
eddie wrote:Bacteria found in the mouth and gut has been linked to migraines in a new study....

Oral bacteria can deposit on the heart valves too, and that can set off a chain of events, and believe me, if it happens to anyone, migraine would be the least of their problems. Twisted Evil

The headaches could equally be being caused by the high salt content in the processed foods and a generally poor diet...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

The headaches could equally be being caused by the high salt content in the processed foods and a generally poor diet...

I'm not really sure why you quoted me there, to make that point, TM. Laughing
Cos I don't really have an opinion on the migraine thing.
There could be a modicum of truth in it ... or maybe not. I just don't know.

But like you, I take the news with .... a pinch of salt. Suspect Suspect  tongue

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:09 pm

scratch

SALT ???

Hmmnnn..

Maybe the nitrates and sulphites among the preservatives and additives would be significantly worse, when it comes to migraines caused by certain foods..

Also, some of the commonly occuring oxalates (oxalic acid - also one of the common ingredients in kidny stones, (and mabe gallstones)?)..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Jules... I was replying to eddie really... you just happened to have replied to her already and quoted the exact bit I wanted to reply to...

And mutley might want to read these...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2870396/Is-SALT-triggering-headaches-Cutting-intake-reduce-headaches-probably-eating-way-think.html

http://m.deliciousliving.com/health/too-much-salt-top-health-risks

http://www.headaches.org/2015/01/15/cut-back-on-salt-to-decrease-headaches/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down