NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News Today

3 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

News Today Empty Re: News Today

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Leftie lies and spin!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:43 pm

MINNEAPOLIS - A former Marine is being credited with stopping a would-be thief in his tracks, reports CBS Minnesota.

Police in Blaine, Minn. say the suspect - Christopher Samuels - tried to rob a woman of her purse outside a food store on Tuesday.

"I could see with my peripheral vision that someone was right there and just as I saw him, he grabbed my purse and that's when the struggle began," Kathy George told the station.

George and Samuels became involved in a struggle in the parking lot.

"I kind of surprised myself because I was fighting back. At one point we both went down to the ground, we're wrestling on asphalt. He's regaining control of my purse and then I am, and the whole time I'm thinking, 'What am I doing? I can't believe I'm doing this. He could have a weapon,'" George said. "The contents in this purse are not worth my life."

Tarl Fruge, the former Marine, was across the street watching his kid's softball game when he heard George's cry for help.

"She's got a set of lungs on her," Fruge told the station.

That's when his military training kicked in.

"I dropped everything, kicked my flip flops off and just ran over as fast as I could," he said.

The former Marine tackled Samuels.

"On the ground, put his hands behind his back and then just held him there until police came," Fruge said.

The straps are broken, but George has her purse back. She also has a renewed faith in Good Samaritans.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-marine-foils-minn-robbery-tackles-suspect/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm

MIDLOTHIAN, TX — A Mansfield firefighter and former Marine took down an armed robber with his bare hands, and it was all caught on camera at a Midlothian gas station. And now, Daniel Gaskey is being hailed as a hero.
The robbery took place June 26 at the Exxon Oasis Food Store on 9th Street in Midlothian, Midlothian Police Sgt. Nick Harp told KDAF. Security video captured the incident, showing Gaskey standing at the counter getting ready to pay when a white male, wearing a black mask and red and black jacket, enters and shoves him aside. Gaskey, at first, moves back and puts his hand in the air, apparently mistaking the man, identified by police as Dylan Bearden, for an impatient customer.

Police say Bearden demanded money from the clerk as he showed a fixed blade knife; the security video shows Gaskey reacting and leaping forward, pulling Bearden to the ground, taking the knife from him, and holding him until police arrive. Bearden has been charged with Aggravated Robbery.

Mansfield Fire Chief Barry Bondurant confirmed Gaskey as the man in the video. Gaskey is a former Marine and has been with the Mansfield Fire Department a little over a year.

Never cut in line. And don’t mess with Texas, especially the firefighters.

http://pix11.com/2015/07/15/video-former-marine-takes-down-man-trying-to-hold-up-liquor-store/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down