NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

+5
eddie
HoratioTarr
JulesV
Tommy Monk
Syl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died. Empty How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:40 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-order-singer-peter-hook-8967361

I suppose this no mark has to drum up interest for his book somehow....creep.

"New Order bassist Peter Hook has revealed he was subjected to serious physical abuse by wife Caroline Aherne .
The comedian, who died this year, would attack him with knives and bottles as well as putting cigarettes out on in his arm, he says in a new book.
Hook met his comedy star Caroline in Manchester's Hacienda club and they married in Las Vegas in 1994, reports the Manchester Evening News .
But writing in his new autobiography, bassist Hook claims to have endured physical and mental abuse during the couple’s three-year relationship.
Royle Family and Mrs Merton star Caroline died in July after a third battle with cancer, while Hook was still working on his book.

The chapter on life with Aherne, entitled “Marry in haste, repent at leisure”, appears in the book Substance, which also deals with Hooks music career and associations with Factory Records and the Hacienda, as well as a comprehensive account of his years with the band New Order.
Published on Thursday, the book charts the band’s transition from Joy Division after the tragic death of lead singer Ian Curtis in 1980 into New Order; the band’s rise to global success and the rock ‘n’ roll excesses along the way in eye-popping detail."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died. Empty Re: How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:53 pm

They split 20 years ago, he kept quiet then no doubt frightened he could have been hit with a libel charge....that's IF he would have even been published, which I doubt.

Now of course she is dead and cant defend herself, and the libel laws no longer apply.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died. Empty Re: How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:10 pm

I don't think he would be saying it if it wasn't true...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

I don't think he would be saying it if it wasn't true...

Well I read years ago that he had given her an STD when they were married.....if that was true perhaps that could account for some of her alleged violent behaviour against him.

But the point is why now? It's only weeks since she died, he has had 20 years to speak out.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Are you cross because ...
you think it's all lies
you think this is sheer opportunism
the timing is insensitive
it's wrong to speak ill of the dead

Smile Which one out of those 4 reasons makes you feel disgusted, Syl?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 pm

I don't think a detailed account like that would be a pack of lies. It is far more than Melanie Sykes - another Manchester lass - was strung up for.

If it's true Miss Aherne must have had a really serious case of PMS. Shocked

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-order-singer-peter-hook-8967361

I suppose this no mark has to drum up interest for his book somehow....creep.

"New Order bassist Peter Hook has revealed he was subjected to serious physical abuse by wife Caroline Aherne .
The comedian, who died this year, would attack him with knives and bottles as well as putting cigarettes out on in his arm, he says in a new book.
Hook met his comedy star Caroline in Manchester's Hacienda club and they married in Las Vegas in 1994, reports the Manchester Evening News .
But writing in his new autobiography, bassist Hook claims to have endured physical and mental abuse during the couple’s three-year relationship.
Royle Family and Mrs Merton star Caroline died in July after a third battle with cancer, while Hook was still working on his book.

The chapter on life with Aherne, entitled “Marry in haste, repent at leisure”, appears in the book Substance, which also deals with Hooks music career and associations with Factory Records and the Hacienda, as well as a comprehensive account of his years with the band New Order.
Published on Thursday, the book charts the band’s transition from Joy Division after the tragic death of lead singer Ian Curtis in 1980 into New Order; the band’s rise to global success and the rock ‘n’ roll excesses along the way in eye-popping detail."

My daughter worked at the Hacienda for two years, just as it was imploding. She can you tell you some stories would make your hair curl!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Syl wrote: .... Factory Records and the Hacienda, as well as a comprehensive account of his years with the band New Order.
Girls,  Supersonic is on at the Cinema,  and it's the sort of film that would bring back many memories of the 90's music era. We will be definitely be going out to see it this weekend.  bounce

HoratioTarr wrote:

My daughter worked at the Hacienda for two years, just as it was imploding.  She can you tell you some stories would make your hair curl!
Oddly enough two of Miss Aherne's rival partners had a public fight over her at one of those nightclubs. Fists flying and everything. She stepped in between them and got a nasty blow to the stomach. Pics were all over the papers.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Not sure how I feel about this tbh. Yes the timing is crap, possibly cruel, but why shouldn't he tell his story? I don't personally think I'd ever splash my life all over the place it's not my style.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:18 pm

He's a great bass player though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:35 pm

[quote="Jules"]
Syl wrote: .... Factory Records and the Hacienda, as well as a comprehensive account of his years with the band New Order.
Girls,  Supersonic is on at the Cinema,  and it's the sort of film that would bring back many memories of the 90's music era. We will be definitely be going out to see it this weekend.  bounce

HoratioTarr wrote:

My daughter worked at the Hacienda for two years, just as it was imploding.  She can you tell you some stories would make your hair curl!
Oddly enough two of Miss Aherne's rival partners had a public fight over her at one of those nightclubs. Fists flying and everything. She stepped in between them and got a nasty blow to the stomach. Pics were all over the papers.[/quote]

Yes he was one of them....unsuprisingly they are the pics that are doing the rounds with his book excerpts.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Jules wrote:Are you cross because ...
you think it's all lies

2 and 3.
Of course it's sheer opportunism, he is just the man who was once married to a talented famous comedienne.
Of course the timing is insensitive, her family and friends are still in mourning. Why didn't he speak out before....like I said, he had 20 years to spill his guts.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:39 pm

eddie wrote:Not sure how I feel about this tbh. Yes the timing is crap, possibly cruel, but why shouldn't he tell his story?  I don't personally think I'd ever splash my life all over the place it's not my style.

He is an opportunistic coward.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Yeah it's a bit shitty tbh but he has a right to publish and say what he likes. Perhaps one of her family members can ask for a certain amount of time before he can publish it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Once a person is dead anything can be said about them....and I think if he had any moral fibre or backbone he would have already considered the feelings of her family.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Perhaps they can find some reason to sue him for lies or slander? I don't know the laws.

Thing is, with celebrities nowadays living their lives all over social media and in the news, it's a crappy price they have to pay. She was an alcoholic and I daresay she would have been a nightmare to live with.

Alcohol turns some people nasty. I've experienced it myself.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps they can find some reason to sue him for lies or slander? I don't know the laws.

Thing is, with celebrities nowadays living their lives all over social media and in the news, it's a crappy price they have to pay.  She was an alcoholic and I daresay she would have been a nightmare to live with.

Alcohol turns some people nasty. I've experienced it myself.

You cant libel a dead person Eddie, and slander is spoken not written...(I think that's the difference)

She was very private, not a media whore, so I don't think she deserves this.
I imagine she was a nightmare to live with, so was he probably, but we cant hear her side of it now, just his, and he can say anything he likes without fear of being stopped.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Fair points. I'm torn between feeling that people should be allowed to speek freely and morals. Like I said, I'd never do it. It's not my style.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:54 pm

He has had 20 plus years to speak freely....I think he is a snivelling coward.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Syl wrote:He has had 20 plus years to speak freely....I think he is a snivelling coward.

Wanna go beat him up? I can get myself all riled up to fight the world if you fancy it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:Are you cross because ...
you think it's all lies

2 and 3.
Of course it's sheer opportunism, he is just the man who was once married to a talented famous comedienne.
Of course the timing is insensitive, her family and friends are still in mourning. Why didn't he speak out before....like I said, he had 20 years to spill his guts.

OK thanks for a precise and straightforward reply, Syl.

Now here are my thoughts on the matter. If he suffered that much he has a right to speak out about it. Some men who suffered from female domestic violence 20 years ago may have keep it a secret, out of pride and fear of ridicule.
It wasn't the right climate to talk about such things. It seemed umanly and effeminate
But now in these modern, progressive times, men are allowed to show their emotions and talk about traumatic issues which caused them pain.

The timing of these revelations could be sheer opportunism, yes,... or it could be that she had some sort of hold over him.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:21 pm

I just hope no one buys his book...oh, and I hope he gets arthritis in his fingers too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:24 pm

Well Jules does raise a valid point; he may well be raising the issue of female domestic violence, which can help many men come forward.
Women do tend to get away with this kind of crime more so than men. At least that is how it seems.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

2 and 3.

Now here are my thoughts on the matter. If he suffered that much he has a right to speak out about it.  Some men who suffered from female domestic violence 20 years ago may have keep it a secret, out of pride and fear of ridicule.
It wasn't the right climate to talk about such things. It seemed umanly and effeminate
But now in these modern, progressive times, men are allowed to show their emotions and talk about traumatic issues which caused them pain.

The timing of these revelations could be sheer opportunism, yes,... or it could be that she had some sort of hold over him.

You are welcome Jules.

I agree that abused men should speak out, but he has waited till she died.
They were married for 3 years and have been divorced for 20....he had ample time to speak out.

I don't believe he has written the book now because she had some sort of hold over him, other than if she was still alive she could sue the arse off him if he was libelling her, and also she could speak out about his abuse of her.
As it is he has a free run.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:27 pm

Made a typo there, I meant unmanly. I make loads of typo's on here! Mad Just spotted a funny one you made and I'm going to post an appropriate reply. Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:29 pm

eddie wrote:Well Jules does raise a valid point; he may well be raising the issue of female domestic violence, which can help many men come forward.
Women do tend to get away with this kind of crime more so than men.  At least that is how it seems.

I'm not sure if women get away with it more than men, they certainly get away with it for different reasons.
Men are often reluctant to report or speak about it for fear of being thought unmanly or weak, women more often keep quiet through fear.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:31 pm

Jules wrote:Made a typo there, I meant unmanly. I make loads of typo's on here! Mad  Just spotted  a funny one  you made and I'm going to post an appropriate reply. Laughing

Lol...I make loads, sometimes it seems like I have tourettes.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:48 pm

I blame my mistakes on my iPad. Really, I just have huge fat fingers where I've been stuffing chocolate all day.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

Now here are my thoughts on the matter. If he suffered that much he has a right to speak out about it.  Some men who suffered from female domestic violence 20 years ago may have keep it a secret, out of pride and fear of ridicule.

You are welcome Jules.

They were married for 3 years and have been divorced for 20....he had ample time to speak out.

I don't believe he has written the book now because she had some sort of hold over him, other than if she was still alive she could sue the arse off him if he was libelling her, and also she could speak out about his abuse of her.

The guy was off his tits most of the time and her too. Now, she's dead and his bank balance needs a top up.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

You are welcome Jules.

The guy was off his tits most of the time and her too.   Now, she's dead and his bank balance needs a top up.  

My thoughts exactly....but she never hid the fact she was troubled....he is just milking that now, painting himself as the wronged one and her as the demon.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:20 pm

eddie wrote:I blame my mistakes on my iPad. Really, I just have huge fat fingers where I've been stuffing chocolate all day.

I can understand that. I bought a friend a box of chocs for her birthday next week...I wrapped them up nicely. Late last night I was desperate for a chocolate fix, so I opened them and ate half...having the rest tonight. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I blame my mistakes on my iPad. Really, I just have huge fat fingers where I've been stuffing chocolate all day.

I can understand that. I bought a friend a box of chocs for her birthday next week...I wrapped them up nicely. Late last night I was desperate for a chocolate fix, so I opened them and ate half...having the rest tonight. Twisted Evil

If she's a friend she will understand. Just buy her some jam or something.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I can understand that. I bought a friend a box of chocs for her birthday next week...I wrapped them up nicely. Late last night I  was desperate for a chocolate fix, so I opened them and ate half...having the rest tonight. Twisted Evil  

If she's a friend she will understand. Just buy her some jam or something.

I'll get her another box when I go shopping....but I will deliver them straight away to avoid further temptation.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:41 pm

Or stay for a coffee and eye the chocolates up greedily until she offers you one.
If she doesn't take the hint then get a new friend.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:Or stay for a coffee and eye the chocolates up greedily until she offers you one.
If she doesn't take the hint then get a new friend.

Lol.....she will open them and offer me one, I will daintily take one, just one, and not let on that I scoffed the full box I had previously bought her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:25 pm

If this is true... why shouldn't he tell people about it...?

If it was a man beating up a woman... would you be saying she should keep quiet about it...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:55 am

Yes.
If she had kept quiet for 20 years and they had both moved on to different partners and different lives, why suddenly try to earn money out of it after the person has died?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:34 am

Let's be honest though, what could be in it, that we haven't all heard before and how many copies is he really gonna sell?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:10 pm

Very few I hope....he only became as well known as he did because of her. His band was the one she used to introduce when she played the Mrs Merton character on TV.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:16 pm

eddie wrote:Let's be honest though, what could be in it, that we haven't all heard before and how many copies is he really gonna sell?

Everyone knew she had problems with physical and mental health, I don't think many knew of the personal things that he claims she did when they were married.

Similar to the way Victoria Woods brother is spilling family secrets about her life soon after her death in a 'Tell all' biography ....why?

If these people had wanted the world to know intimate secrets they would have spoken about them when they were alive.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Yeah it's shitty. People are shitty sometimes.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:42 pm

We can all do our bit not to aid them though....just don't buy their books.
There are plenty of 'Tell all' books around, written by or about people who want the world and his wife to know every little detail of their lives, leave the private lives of recently departed people alone.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:56 pm

They're the sort of books I'd avoid like the plague. I'd never read an autobiography by a pointless celebrity anyway, I'm not particularly interested in reading about their lives.

The Victoria Wood brother thing - who actually cares about a sibling squabble? One of my brothers is an arsehole, would anybody care if I wrote about it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:07 pm

eddie wrote:They're the sort of books I'd avoid like the plague. I'd never read an autobiography by a pointless celebrity anyway, I'm not particularly interested in reading about their lives.

The Victoria Wood brother thing - who actually cares about a sibling squabble? One of my brothers is an arsehole, would anybody care if I wrote about it?  

Yeah...why? what happened?? Shocked Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:36 pm

It's all cats in the cradle except it's about siblings. Rather boring really and I'm not actually sure what I did if I'm honest.
He's a bit of a wanker, I think that's why he doesn't like me at the moment.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:12 pm

Syl wrote:Yes.
If she had kept quiet for 20 years and they had both moved on to different partners and different lives, why suddenly try to earn money out of it after the person has died?

Maybe he was just doing her a favour by not bringing it up while she was alive... which may have been damaging for her... but it doesn't matter now she's dead.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:18 pm

Syl wrote:Very few I hope....he only became as well known as he did because of her. His band was the one she used to introduce when she played the Mrs Merton character on TV.

Rubbish... new order was huge years before Mrs Merton...

And they are still big now...had an album out last year...

And I'm sure the big in his book about her will be a very small bit of the overall story...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Syl wrote:Very few I hope....he only became as well known as he did because of her. His band was the one she used to introduce when she played the Mrs Merton character on TV.

That's not true. He didn't marry her until 1994, and he was well known way before that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

That's not true. He didn't marry her until 1994, and he was well known way before that.

Yes Tommy pointed that out too.
You are both right I was wrong on that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Ok Syl... no worries...

And I still see it as how he kept quiet about it before as to not cause her any trouble or damage her career etc...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next