NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple eat and drink...then do a runner.

+3
blackie333
Ben Reilly
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Couple eat and drink...then do a runner. Empty Couple eat and drink...then do a runner.

Post by Syl Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:35 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786805/Young-couple-ran-150-bill-dining-steak-wine-spirits-country-pub-jumping-hedge-running-away-without-paying.htm

lA young couple ran up a £147 bill feasting on steak, fine wine and spirits before jumping over a hedge and into the night in a brazen dine-and-dash scam.

Police are hunting for the thieves after they left without paying at the Unruly Pig, in Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, Suffolk, last Friday night.

The suspects, both in their twenties, enjoyed a cold meat platter, chilled soup, T-bone and rump steak and chocolate pudding as well two bottles of Italian white wine, four liqueurs, three cognacs and sparkling water.

They should be easily caught....how brazen. Shocked

Have you ever done a runner?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Couple eat and drink...then do a runner. Empty Re: Couple eat and drink...then do a runner.

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Never, that's scummy. Restaurants (even really nice ones) in general don't make much of a profit and are usually owned by individuals or families.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Couple eat and drink...then do a runner. Empty Re: Couple eat and drink...then do a runner.

Post by Syl Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:10 pm

I have never done it because I agree...it's a scummy thing to do.

About the lowest thing I have known is this...I worked in a country inn for years, we used to do lovely home made lunchtime food, had a good regular clientele as well as passing trade.
One horrible day the landlady who was a good friend collapsed behind the bar, she never regained consciousness and died soon after.

Two groups of people who had run a bill up left without paying.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:11 pm

This restaurant has only just reopened following a serious fire. Hope they catch these two Couple eat and drink...then do a runner. Jail11

Couple eat and drink...then do a runner. Image

It's been a great pub over the years, local to me.  It's had more than it's fair share of bad luck.  A school friend of mine was killed following a serious car accident there, it was a busy route to the previous Bentwaters American Airbase which has since been turned into a housing estate.

£147 bill, it wasn't as though these were people short of cash and hungry.  They deliberately set out to max out the bill.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:18 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786805/Young-couple-ran-150-bill-dining-steak-wine-spirits-country-pub-jumping-hedge-running-away-without-paying.htm

lA young couple ran up a £147 bill feasting on steak, fine wine and spirits before jumping over a hedge and into the night in a brazen dine-and-dash scam.

Police are hunting for the thieves after they left without paying at the Unruly Pig, in Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, Suffolk, last Friday night.

The suspects, both in their twenties, enjoyed a cold meat platter, chilled soup, T-bone and rump steak and chocolate pudding as well two bottles of Italian white wine, four liqueurs, three cognacs and sparkling water.

Run? After all that lot?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:44 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786805/Young-couple-ran-150-bill-dining-steak-wine-spirits-country-pub-jumping-hedge-running-away-without-paying.htm

Run?  After all that lot?  

Their balance and coordination must be great too, after all that wine, but then they were a very young couple. Bet they've done it before, too. No

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:48 pm

See, if this happened in a movie,  critics would say "that restaurant scene was too corny, no originality" and viewers would also roll their eyes and think  "yeah yeah, two known thieving rascals ordering a posh meal  they cannot afford, of course they're going to run out afterwards, how predictable!"

Yet it did happen IRL.  lol!   Just imagine them gorging on all that fine food, quaffing the finest liquers then suddenly making a run for it, vaulting over a hedge as they vanish into the night. Clearly the restaurant name gave them ideas cos they were the very definition of Unruly Pigs.
lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Syl wrote:

Of course not.
How common!
The only people I might possibly fleece are the big, greedy tax-dodging multinational corporations.
I wouldn't be so wicked as to fleece restaurants. The hospitality/catering trade is bloody hard work, with small profit margins.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:06 pm

You wouldn't get far because everywhere has cctv inside anyway and wouldn't take long to identify.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:12 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

Of course not.
How common!
The only people I might possibly fleece are the big, greedy tax-dodging multinational corporations.
I wouldn't be so wicked as to fleece restaurants. The hospitality/catering trade is bloody hard work, with small profit margins.

Well this is a coincidence, but we just came back from a night out to celebrate Grandsons return to uni on Sunday.
We went to a pub/restaurant that had been recommended, it was distinctly average ....and had to wait 90 minute till food arrived) (no warning or explanation given) it was busy, but not busy enough to warrant such a long wait, food was OK, we had to get drinks from the bar, no waiter service on drinks.

Anyway, when OH went to pay the bill it seemed pretty cheap....when we got home I checked, they hadn't put any of the drinks on.

Do I feel like I should phone up and give cc details to add the drinks.........?? Nope. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:25 pm

Freebie drinks are good. Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

Of course not.
How common!

Well this is a coincidence, but we just came back from a night out to celebrate Grandsons return to uni on Sunday.
We went to a pub/restaurant that had been recommended, it was distinctly average ....and had to wait  90 minute till food arrived)  (no warning or explanation given) it was busy, but not busy enough to warrant such a long wait, food was OK, we had to get drinks from the bar, no waiter service on drinks.

Anyway, when OH went to pay the bill it seemed pretty cheap....when we got home I checked, they hadn't put any of the drinks on.

Do I feel like I should phone up and give cc details to add the drinks.........?? Nope. Razz

Maybe everyone got complimentary drinks that night in compensation for such slow service?
Anyway I would not ring them after I got home, nope! Gotta draw the line somewhere.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:30 pm

No I think the dozy waitress just forgot to add the drinks to the food at the end of the night. Laughing

It was only a bottle of wine and 4 cokes....had I known I might have had a couple of Tia Marias to end the night off nicely. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:13 pm

Update on this story, the couple were identified through the CCTV footage.
The parents of the girl were so disgusted they paid the  restaurant bill.
Good on them...lets hope they get it back from their thieving daughter and her boyfriend.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/news/mortified-parents-pay-daughters-%C2%A3147-restaurant-bill-after-she-did-a-runner-with-boyfriend/ar-BBwJ0mo?li=AAdeCd7&ocid=spartandhp  

"The ashamed parents of a woman who did a runner with her boyfriend after tucking into a £147 feast at a top restaurant have come forward to pay the bill.
The mortified couple forked out after Shaun Cattermole, 26, and Donna-Marie Bridgeman, 23, were dragged into court for their outrageous dine-and-dash.
They washed down the slap-up dinner with two bottles of Cortese, six Baileys, three cognacs and a sparkling water before legging it.
Bridgeman and Cattermole, both of Ipswich, Suffolk, made national headlines after they fled from the Unruly Pig in Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, on September 9."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:41 pm

I'd have paid it too but I'd have made my child pay me back every penny.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Yes me too.
The parents must be thoroughly disgusted,,,,it was a mean and spiteful thing to do, and they are both in their mid 20's, old enough to have morals and decency.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down