NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will assange still be a hero to the leftists over the next few months

+3
veya_victaous
eddie
The Devil, You Know
7 posters

Go down

will assange still be a hero to the leftists over the next few months Empty will assange still be a hero to the leftists over the next few months

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:55 pm

http://planetfreewill.com/2016/09/07/wikileaks-declares-new-clinton-revelations-coming-early-next-week-alleges-clinton-knew-meaning-c-annotation-emails/

not a fan of Assange at all but it should be interesting how the left respond to his upcoming leaks on clinton, who as he says " Is a liar"
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

will assange still be a hero to the leftists over the next few months Empty Re: will assange still be a hero to the leftists over the next few months

Post by eddie Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 pm

More leaks?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

will assange still be a hero to the leftists over the next few months Empty Re: will assange still be a hero to the leftists over the next few months

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:31 am

the OP
http://planetfreewill.com/2016/09/07/wikileaks-declares-new-clinton-revelations-coming-early-next-week-alleges-clinton-knew-meaning-c-annotation-emails/

not a fan of Assange at all but it should be interesting how the left respond to his upcoming leaks on clinton, who as he says " Is a liar"
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:41 am

Um...why was Dean banned, I'd like to know?

Anyway, Assange is lauded for providing information. Whether left, or right. Same with Snowden. Didja ever wanna Not be informed? Let the people sort it out.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:55 am

whinging.

I am having Zero tolerance for it

he was only ever here to Stir.

things Have Changed.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:15 am

Rolling Eyes

THE O/P is a load of r/w distraction and stirring...

No big surprise, considering the sources..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:14 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Rolling Eyes

Well, I know that and you know that, Wolf.  But that's what starts some pretty interesting discussions.  Independent Thoughts used to come on pretty hard, but when you waded through all the bullshit doxing and name-calling, there were some raw issues that could be argued.  Many times I have wished some RW'r would come along and put up 'Hillary's emails' or 'Benghazi', as topics from the RW perspective, so I wouldn't have to make my points by awkwardly presenting both sides.

I'm not afraid of Dean...why would I want him to disappear just because he has a different opinion than me?  These debates are a kind of 'sport'...and you can't engage in sports without a competitor, to complete the metaphor.  I think you ban someone for extreme and long-term bullying and abusiveness, but occasionally using Breitbart.com, Fox News, National Review or The New York Post as a kick-off to the argument, leaves you (the LW'r) with a chance to answer those sources.  Why would you want serious competition to be banned, when they make you stronger?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:16 pm

If there were only threads that everyone agreed on, you do realise there would be no DEBATE, don't you Wolfie?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:31 am

Tbf many real LWers have little sympathy for Clinton and have spent much of the last year championing Sanders. Clinton is now just a way of ensuring Trump does not get in.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:37 am

Eilzel wrote:Tbf many real LWers have little sympathy for Clinton and have spent much of the last year championing Sanders. Clinton is now just a way of ensuring Trump does not get in.

And that just shows how stupid their vote is.
I don't like either of those geraniums so I'll vote for the geranium I like the least.

hi les btw, I'm always pleased to see you X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:14 am

Hi Eds, been busy so not much time to post, nice to see you too x

I see your point, but there is also the matter of one option being 'more of the same' which Clinton represents, vs the absolute disaster many fear from Trump. Compared with disaster, continuity isn't so bad until something better comes along.

Disaster may be a strong word. But for pretty every minority group in America it isn't far off the mark.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:whinging.

things Have Changed.  
I understand from mods that I was banned because you were drunk and incapable of understanding a question vera.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:11 am

but I thought assange was a hero to you people?
he is apparently going to bury clinton
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:12 am

eddie wrote:

If there were only threads that everyone agreed on, you do realise there would be no DEBATE, don't you Wolfie?
I doubt he does. He is a person who does not do dissent, I understand kim jong un is looking for people like him
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:08 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:

I never thought he was a hero to the left... Oh, and my wager offer regarding the election still stands.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:31 pm

veya_victaous wrote:whinging.

things Have Changed.  
I understand from mods that I was banned because you were drunk and incapable of understanding a question vera.

Do you really? Who told you that?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

I never thought he was a hero to the left... Oh, and my wager offer regarding the election still stands.

I agree with you Ben.  I never thought of Assange as a hero of the left.  Dean I think you are stating the inverse of that old saw (ie, "... my enemy is the friend of my enemy"), and so you see him as left.  I don't think he's anyone's friend.

Assange is just an open iconoclast: he dislikes the establishment...any establishment.  He's part of a movement that is neither left nor right, but opposes any faction.  He's not even a libertarian or a true anarchist, as those require some ideological structure, and he has none.  He's part of a third movement which--like Bernie Sanders--is just outside the norm.

You can't invest in him, as--like Sanders--he doesn't have any establishment in which to invest.  He's a constant critic, and will never build anything of his own.  Hell, this is the very reason why I couldn't back Sanders...I don't believe iconoclasts can go on the affirmative...it's against their temperament.  But he's nonetheless useful as an information source.

Incidentally, where the left comes to the side of Assange is with the issue of civil liberties.  The US government is on a vendetta against him, even though he has broken no laws.  He's not American and isn't subject to the US Espionage Act. There are no grounds on which he could be prosecuted, yet he is holed up by the British government because it is the lackey of the US government.  And the phony shenanigans up in Sweden, trying to entrap him with prostitutes, shows how low the CIA still is...ffs, the Swedes even refused to prosecute, until the US brought pressure.  But that's a side-bar issue.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:55 am

eddie wrote:

Do you really? Who told you that?

I wouldnt betray a confidence
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:00 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I agree with you Ben.  I never thought of Assange as a hero of the left.  Dean I think you are stating the inverse of that old saw (ie, "... my enemy is the friend of my enemy"), and so you see him as left.  I don't think he's anyone's friend.

Assange is just an open iconoclast: he dislikes the establishment...any establishment.  He's part of a movement that is neither left nor right, but opposes any faction.  He's not even a libertarian or a true anarchist, as those require some ideological structure, and he has none.  He's part of a third movement which--like Bernie Sanders--is just outside the norm.

You can't invest in him, as--like Sanders--he doesn't have any establishment in which to invest.  He's a constant critic, and will never build anything of his own.  Hell, this is the very reason why I couldn't back Sanders...I don't believe iconoclasts can go on the affirmative...it's against their temperament.  But he's nonetheless useful as an information source.

Incidentally, where the left comes to the side of Assange is with the issue of civil liberties.  The US government is on a vendetta against him, even though he has broken no laws.  He's not American and isn't subject to the US Espionage Act.  There are no grounds on which he could be prosecuted, yet he is holed up by the British government because it is the lackey of the US government.  And the phony shenanigans up in Sweden, trying to entrap him with prostitutes, shows how low the CIA still is...ffs, the Swedes even refused to prosecute, until the US brought pressure.  But that's a side-bar issue.
when the leaks were about the bush years the left went wild with delight.
I think assange is a Cee U Next Tuesday and should be facing trial for leaking secret documents as should snowden and a host of traitors.
however it is now most mirthsome to see them turn on him.

I doubt there would have been many right wingers demonstrating in support of him over the last few years.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:06 pm

I don't like secrets anyway.  I think they are counter to open communication and free speech, necessary in a democracy.  This happened during the GWB administration, probably the most mendacious administration in history.  Likely, that's the reason why you associate him with the LW.

I think Assange is what the Lakota people of the Great Plains of North America, called a heyoka...or a contrarian.  Kinda backwards, or against, in everything he does.

Assange is against anybody who harbors secrets.  It's as simple as that.  I believe that on-looking people are apt to sympathize with him, or the left, or the right.  It doesn't matter.  The issue transcends those divisions.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down