NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos?

+6
Tommy Monk
Miffs2
'Wolfie
eddie
blackie333
Syl
10 posters

Go down

Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos? Empty Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos?

Post by Syl Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:26 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37214262

Though the home office guidance on tattoos is that each case may be reviewed, many police forces in the UK have a ban on ALL visible tattoos for police officers.

Would it be acceptable for a serving police officer to have face, neck, or hand tattoos? where would you draw the line...if any?

"The Home Office's guidance on tattoos says candidates with visible tattoos or facial piercings "may be eligible for appointment" and that each case must be considered on its merits.

Ch Insp Martin added that the Home Office's guidance "appears on face value to be quite sensible".

"The issue we've got is a number of forces are interpreting it differently and some are becoming very strict and I think it's actually becoming a bar to some really good people joining the service."

She also pointed out that modern-day role models often have tattoos, including Samantha Cameron, wife of former Prime Minister David Cameron, who has a small tattoo which was visible when she attended official functions.

"People sometimes have tattoos and don't think about the consequences of them in the future. That's why it's time we actually ask the public what they think and make sure that we haven't got policies in place based on what we think the public think, rather than what they actually do think."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos? Empty Re: Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos?

Post by Syl Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:42 pm

Sometimes tattooists get it wrong...they could end up with COW or POP or something. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos? Empty Re: Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos?

Post by eddie Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:04 am

I don't think they should, but then, I'm not a massive lover of tattoos and most people simply just can't carry them off.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:10 am

Basketball

Bad luck for any prospective cops who already have existing tatt's...

A blanket ban against any visible tattoos sounds more like class-concious snobbery and blind discrimination, more than anything else..

Surely the issue should be the suitability of each tattoo, rather than the existence of tatt's.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:04 pm

One of my friends was a chief super and I asked her ages ago, she told me the rule was always  no visible tattoos and that included the arms. Loads of police seem to have them now though. Doesn't bother me, quite a few of my vols have them. Don't like neck or face though.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:30 pm

Could be an advantage for Undercover cops to have them...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:18 pm

Had a Jack Russell who was working under cover for the Police------

il'l get my coat.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:57 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37214262

Though the home office guidance on tattoos is that each case may be reviewed, many police forces in the UK have a ban on ALL visible tattoos for police officers.

Would it be acceptable for a serving police officer to have face, neck, or hand tattoos? where would you draw the line...if any?

"The Home Office's guidance on tattoos says candidates with visible tattoos or facial piercings "may be eligible for appointment" and that each case must be considered on its merits.

Ch Insp Martin added that the Home Office's guidance "appears on face value to be quite sensible".

"The issue we've got is a number of forces are interpreting it differently and some are becoming very strict and I think it's actually becoming a bar to some really good people joining the service."

She also pointed out that modern-day role models often have tattoos, including Samantha Cameron, wife of former Prime Minister David Cameron, who has a small tattoo which was visible when she attended official functions.

"People sometimes have tattoos and don't think about the consequences of them in the future. That's why it's time we actually ask the public what they think and make sure that we haven't got policies in place based on what we think the public think, rather than what they actually do think."

Not bothered either way, Syl. Laughing

But here's a thought - any cop who happens to have his danglies tattooed (there can be no greater sign of bravery!!!) should be made a member of an elite crack force and have his pay trebled.
The world is a dangerous place and we need superbrave cops to tackle it head on.
They must be psychologically vetted  though - we don't want damaged men in the forces.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:19 pm

Watching the Police on tv shows they have nearly all got arms covered in them.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:22 pm

they are allowed here
but it does make them look like thugs Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:47 pm

veya_victaous wrote:they are allowed here

As I said... could be useful for undercovers trying to blend in on assignments...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:09 am

nuh proper crims dont look or act that thugish
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:
they are allowed here

Cool

Back in the late '90s, I met a Sydney Rescue cop who had visible tatt's on his arms, and an earring...

His girlfriend was a veterinary surgeon, and they were into things like rock climbing, bushwalking, caving..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Personally I don't like tattoos but lots of people have them these days and not discrete ones either.

We shouldn't really have preconceived ideas or prejudice against someone we've never met because of the way they look.  Thinking someone is a thug just because they have tattoos or piercings is labelling someone before you've even got to know them.  Having a tattoo doesn't change the person inside.

I guess I'm saying don't judge the book by it's cover Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos? No_no_11

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Major wrote:NO NO NO deffo NO.

Most people I see with multipul tattooz either 'look real scum or minguz to me'.

We need to respect our police so seeing them looking dog rough would not help.

Have you noticed the amount of so called females walking the streets with many heavy ink illustrations over their scantily clad fat bodiz? not for our police if they want respect.

BTW, guess who has one????

What a Face

ONLY one, Stormee...

I thought you'd have several..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:11 pm

feelthelove wrote:Personally I don't like tattoos but lots of people have them these days and not discrete ones either.

We shouldn't really have preconceived ideas or prejudice against someone we've never met because of the way they look.  Thinking someone is a thug just because they have tattoos or piercings is labelling someone before you've even got to know them.  Having a tattoo doesn't change the person inside.

I guess I'm saying don't judge the book by it's cover Should the police be allowed to have visible tattoos? No_no_11

Thats a great attitude to have FTL, but I think we all do judge people sometimes, it's human nature.
Before we speak to someone or get to know them it's the only instinct we have really, it can keep us safe, put us on alert mode, draw us to someone, make the heart beat faster (love at first sight )....al that can happen when we first look and judge someone.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Major wrote:NO NO NO deffo NO.

Most people I see with multipul tattooz either 'look real scum or minguz to me'.

We need to respect our police so seeing them looking dog rough would not help.

Have you noticed the amount of so called females walking the streets with many heavy ink illustrations over their scantily clad fat bodiz? not for our police if they want respect.

BTW, guess who has one????

YOU. Laughing
I'm not a great lover of tattoos...I blame David Beckham for a lot of 20, 30 somethings covering themselves with ink.
A nice well placed one can look OK though, on men OR women, though I imagine they don't look as good on aged bodies as they do on firm young ones.

I personally don't think it's a good idea for police to have facial or hand tattoos....arms are OK imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down