NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I'll regret those explicit texts forever': Sadie Hartley's partner says he too is a victim as he breaks down over lewd messages sent to her killer 10 DAYS before the murder

3 posters

Go down

'I'll regret those explicit texts forever': Sadie Hartley's partner says he too is a victim as he breaks down over lewd messages sent to her killer 10 DAYS before the murder  Empty 'I'll regret those explicit texts forever': Sadie Hartley's partner says he too is a victim as he breaks down over lewd messages sent to her killer 10 DAYS before the murder

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:06 pm

What an absolute nightmare.

The partner of Sadie Hartley today sobbed as he admitted people might blame him for the murder because of 'sexts' he sent to her killer.
Ian Johnston, 57, said he would always regret sending explicit messages to Sadie's killer Sarah Williams ten days before she hacked her to death.
But the former firefighter said he too is a 'victim' and could never have known 'psychopath' Williams would kill Sadie on their doorstep.
He said: 'If people feel that in some way that I've let them down and that I'm responsible by texting, I'm profoundly sorry for that and I'll regret it forever.
'And I never for one minute believed that a few chuck-away ridiculous texts could ever lead to such atrocious events and such unimaginable loss for not just me, I know that, for Sadie's family, her kids and our friends'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3695814/Sadie-Hartley-s-partner-texting-killer-10-DAYS-murder.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'I'll regret those explicit texts forever': Sadie Hartley's partner says he too is a victim as he breaks down over lewd messages sent to her killer 10 DAYS before the murder  Empty Re: 'I'll regret those explicit texts forever': Sadie Hartley's partner says he too is a victim as he breaks down over lewd messages sent to her killer 10 DAYS before the murder

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:07 pm

You know, people think that it's ok to cheat on line or over the phone, but it's not. It can be just as damaging and hurtful, and in this case, tragic.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'I'll regret those explicit texts forever': Sadie Hartley's partner says he too is a victim as he breaks down over lewd messages sent to her killer 10 DAYS before the murder  Empty Re: 'I'll regret those explicit texts forever': Sadie Hartley's partner says he too is a victim as he breaks down over lewd messages sent to her killer 10 DAYS before the murder

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Ian Johnston has insisted that his sexts to Sarah Williams did not lead to Sadie Hartley's murder.
The former firefighter apologised for his actions and said: 'I never for one minute believed that a few chuck-away ridiculous texts could ever lead to such atrocious events'.
He had an affair with Sadie's killer, who became obsessed with him and spent a year planning her murder with friend Katrina Walsh.
After breaking off the sex he still sent her lewd texts, including some ten days before the murder.
He said: ' I think there's a lot of blokes out there going, "But for the Grace of God go I'', he said.

'This eight months has just been the most horrendous. You just get a kicking every day and I want the kicking to stop now and I know it won't for a while.'
A tearful Mr Johnston added: 'And if anybody wants to blame that on a few ridiculous bloody texts then it's just outrageous.'

Really? Well, I think everything he did contributed. Sure, he wasn't to know that woman was nuts...but clearly, there was something about her he must have felt was not right as he refused to leave his partner for her.

I have no sympathy for him.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:56 pm

He seems very cowardly, a victim of his own doing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:43 pm

eddie wrote:He seems very cowardly, a victim of his own doing.

This chills me to the bone because many years ago, my mum was attacked by her ex's girlfriend, who tried to stab her with a bread knife on her own doorstep. Some women just can't accept any kind of perceived rivalry. It's a dreadful story. She stunned that poor woman with 500,000 volt stun gun, then stabbed her 40 times. What a way to die.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:23 pm

It's horrific.
And how absolutely horrible for your poor mum! Glad it ended with your mum keeping her life.

Did the woman get arrested?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:It's horrific.
And how absolutely horrible for your poor mum! Glad it ended with your mum keeping her life.

Did the woman get arrested?

No. My stepfather strangled her death some months later with a telephone cord. Nice, huh? That could have been my mum.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:08 pm

Shit! That's so scary Horatio, is your mum ok? I mean, does she suffer flashbacks or nightmares?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Good grief!!!!   Thanks goodness your Mum survived.   There are some bloody nutty people out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:59 pm

eddie wrote:Shit! That's so scary Horatio, is your mum ok? I mean, does she suffer flashbacks or nightmares?

My mum died in 2004. All this happened back in the late 70's early 80's. Long story but my stepfather was violent. My poor mum was addicted to Ativan because of all that went on. After she finally left him because of the violence, he made it his mission to hound her. Then he met this woman who also made it her mission. Between the two of them, she nearly had a nervous breakdown. It went on for years. Back then, it was harder to convict people of harrassment, and my mum didn't have the fortitude to deal with it, so she didn't report things. It all came to a head when she told me this woman had claimed to be a witch and was sending evil vibes to her. She had nothing but bad luck. So I told her to place mirrors in each window of her house to reflect the negative energies back to source. Three months later that vicious sow was dead, murdered by the man she egged on in persecution of my mother. Call it coincidence, but I like to think the intention in those mirrors did the trick.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:01 pm

sassy wrote:Good grief!!!!   Thanks goodness your Mum survived.   There are some bloody nutty people out there.

They say like attracts like, and I do believe that. These two were hell bent on destroying my mother, and all because she had the audacity to leave him.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:04 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Shit! That's so scary Horatio, is your mum ok? I mean, does she suffer flashbacks or nightmares?

My mum died in 2004.   All this happened back in the late 70's early 80's.  Long story but my stepfather was violent.  My poor mum was addicted to Ativan because of all that went on.  After she finally left him because of the violence, he made it his mission to hound her.  Then he met this woman who also made it her mission.   Between the two of them, she nearly had a nervous breakdown.    It went on for years.  Back then, it was harder to convict people of harrassment, and my mum didn't have the fortitude to deal with it, so she didn't report things.  It all came to a head when she told me this woman had claimed to be a  witch and was sending evil vibes to her.  She had nothing but bad luck.  So I told her to place mirrors in each window of her house to reflect the negative energies back to source.  Three months later that vicious sow was dead, murdered by the man she egged on in persecution of my mother.   Call it coincidence, but I like to think the intention in those mirrors did the trick.

God that's an awful thing to go through. I don't even know what to say. I've lived with a bit of a crazy before, and I know how it feels to be stalked and threatened.

I hope she found peace and contentment before she died.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

My mum died in 2004.   All this happened back in the late 70's early 80's.  Long story but my stepfather was violent.  My poor mum was addicted to Ativan because of all that went on.  After she finally left him because of the violence, he made it his mission to hound her.  Then he met this woman who also made it her mission.   Between the two of them, she nearly had a nervous breakdown.    It went on for years.  Back then, it was harder to convict people of harrassment, and my mum didn't have the fortitude to deal with it, so she didn't report things.  It all came to a head when she told me this woman had claimed to be a  witch and was sending evil vibes to her.  She had nothing but bad luck.  So I told her to place mirrors in each window of her house to reflect the negative energies back to source.  Three months later that vicious sow was dead, murdered by the man she egged on in persecution of my mother.   Call it coincidence, but I like to think the intention in those mirrors did the trick.

Whether the mirrors had anything to do with that or not it worked to benefit your mum....I do hope she managed to get over it, and you too HT.

As for the pathetic waste of spacein the OP who egged on the nutter the result being the death of a lovely innocent woman. I hope he feels the guilt till the day he dies...arsehole.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:48 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

God that's an awful thing to go through. I don't even know what to say. I've lived with a bit of a crazy before, and I know how it feels to be stalked and threatened.

I hope she found peace and contentment before she died.

She has peace and contentment now. That's all that matters.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:01 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:Good grief!!!!   Thanks goodness your Mum survived.   There are some bloody nutty people out there.

They say like attracts like, and I do believe that.   These two were hell bent on destroying my mother, and all because she had the audacity to leave him.

There are some seriously nasty men around, thank goodness we seem to have found nice ones.  My daughter who died went through the same thing as your Mum.   When you talk to a lot of women, it's amazing how many have had bad experiences with violent men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:19 am

sassy wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

They say like attracts like, and I do believe that.   These two were hell bent on destroying my mother, and all because she had the audacity to leave him.

There are some seriously nasty men around, thank goodness we seem to have found nice ones.  My daughter who died went through the same thing as your Mum.   When you talk to a lot of women, it's amazing how many have had bad experiences with violent men.

Sassy, I was Aunty Syl on a forum ages ago. It started as a light hearted section where people could ask anything they liked or discuss all kinds of personal dilemmas, some were jokey some were serious, the forum was pretty big so lots of people contributed.
One day a poster divulged she had been in a violent relationship, within days I would say about 10 female posters on that forum contributed, all of them admitting they too had been involved with violent controlling men, some of them had never spoken about it before.
It was a real eye opener.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:24 am

I know, a friend I got to know where I used to live helps run a 'safe house' for women escaping abusive relationships, there are sooooooooooo many!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:27 am

Yes, sadly there are. Nowadays we can recognise that abuse can happen in many ways. You don't have to be knocked about to suffer spousal abuse....though plenty are, and stay quiet.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:33 am

Agreed.  I always say, if you want to do something and you hesitate to do it because of the reaction you might get - you're being abused.   If you can't see who you want, when you want - you're being abused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:37 am

Yep....I do think some of this wisdom comes with age though.
I admit when I was young I put up with a lot more than I would now....never physical abuse, but there were times looking back when I probably did put up with manipulating behaviour that I would see through now and reject.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:43 am

Same here.  I totally agree, I look back now and realise there were things I should never have tolerated and behaviour that was so manipulative there is no way this me would put up with it!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 am

My friends husband told her once that she had changed....he didn't mean it as a compliment.
What he meant was she was not as pliable and agreeable to his varying moods as she once was....and good for her. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:52 am

On that note I am off to read my book....night Sassy. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:41 am

sassy wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I would want to kill a man who hurt my child, specially after having lived with it myself with my stepfather.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down