NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday night at the movies...

4 posters

Go down

Saturday night at the movies... Empty Saturday night at the movies...

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Does anyone go to the pictures anymore?

Saturday nights used to be the night many people went to the pictures, I don't think I know anyone who goes to the movies anymore, unless it's to take their kids or grandkids to watch the latest big blockbuster specially designed for a young audience.

I cant even remember the last film I watched at the pics...I know I took my grandsons though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Saturday night at the movies... Empty Re: Saturday night at the movies...

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Probably the most entertaining film I ever saw at the pictures was "Last tango in Paris"....not for the film itself, but the row in front consisted of elderly ladies (I was in my 20's then) and ALL of them were outraged and tutted loudly throughout the butter scene.

They all stayed glued to the screen though. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:21 pm

One other time...I had just met boyfriend (now husband) and we went to watch Lisa Minneli in the film Cabaret.
Near the front 2 people started arguing, others joined in, started fighting, and half the audience seemed to get involved. The lights went on and the film was stopped till order had resumed. Laughing

As for 'The exorcist' OH had to go out because he felt sick, I ended up sitting watching most of it on my own.
When we left there was a religious group handing out 'help' leaflets in case anyone had been disturbed by the film content.

How times have changed.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:04 pm

I will just amuse myself then.... Laughing

Oh my vid wont post. Sad

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:52 pm

LOL, no-one talking to you Syl!    Best film moment ever:  took my 2 grandaughters to see the Chronicles of Narnia.   Youngest was only 6 and has celebral palsey.   When it came to the fight scene and the baddies were really ugly I said to her 'do you want to hold my hand, it's really scary'  to which she replied, with a look of utter disdain 'Nanny, it's only pretend' lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:00 pm

sassy wrote:LOL, no-one talking to you Syl!    Best film moment ever:  took my 2 grandaughters to see the Chronicles of Narnia.   Youngest was only 6 and has celebral palsey.   When it came to the fight scene and the baddies were really ugly I said to her 'do you want to hold my hand, it's really scary'  to which she replied, with a look of utter disdain 'Nanny, it's only pretend' lol

Lol.....I thought the thread would have been of interest to people Sassy.....I like it anyway. Laughing

Aww....I can just imagine that, kids are a lot braver than  we were at a young age.

That reminded me of when we took our son to see ET when he was about 8 or 9. I knew the bit was coming up where he dies, so I reassured him he wasn't really dead so not to get upset. He didn't, I was sobbing my eyes out, and still do everytime I see the film ever since.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:11 pm

I cried at that as well.   Can't remember the last time I went to the cinema.  Everso many films i've thought, like to see that, but never get round to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:19 pm

I think nowadays when films can be seen so soon after they are released on Box office and Showbox etc, people just don't bother.

Sassy, can you see the video I posted a few posts back? all I can see is a black stripe.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:03 pm

The last show I saw was Crocodile Dundee, because my two daughters insisted. So I took them.

Theaters are so dirty, and I hate the sticky floors and seats.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Syl wrote:I think nowadays when films can be seen so soon after they are released on Box office and Showbox etc, people just don't bother.

Sassy, can you see the video I posted a few posts back? all I can see is a black stripe.

Yep 'Saturday Night at the Movies', can see it fine Syl.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Syl wrote:Does anyone go to the pictures anymore?

Saturday nights used to be the night many people went to the pictures, I don't think I know anyone who goes to the movies anymore, unless it's to take their kids or grandkids to watch the latest big blockbuster specially designed for a young audience.

I cant even remember the last film I watched at the pics...I know I took my grandsons though.

Unless it's a mega blockbuster, no. I'm not paying £40 to see a movie.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:The last show I saw was Crocodile Dundee, because my two daughters insisted.  So I took them.

I cant remember a picture house or theatre ever being dirty, I do remember those really uncomfy seats though, the ones that look like plush velvet but feel like horsehair....they 'draw' your bum after a couple of hours.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Does anyone go to the pictures anymore?

Unless it's a mega blockbuster, no.   I'm not paying £40 to see a movie.

I just checked the prices at my local Cineworld...£12 for adults £10 for children....so add on ice creams etc and it's certainly not a cheap night out for a family of four.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I just checked the prices at my local Cineworld...£12 for adults £10 for children....so add on ice creams etc and it's certainly not a cheap night out for a family of four.

Hi Syl I love you x

I took my nieces with my sister to watch Finding Dory on Monday. Managed to get cheaper tickets through work but it was still £25 for the four of us.  Lovely to see their little faces although they're starting to ask uncomfortable questions  Saturday night at the movies... Hide_210 x

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

That's £24, then you have a drink, that's another £5, then popcorn another £8, and if you want ice cream add another £8. Yep, you can spend nearly £50 to watch crap. No wonder people download 'em instead.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:59 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:The last show I saw was Crocodile Dundee, because my two daughters insisted.  So I took them.

I cant remember a picture house or theatre ever being dirty,  I do remember those really uncomfy seats though, the ones that look like plush velvet but feel like horsehair....they 'draw' your bum after a couple of hours.

And everyone used to smoke. Ugh....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:08 pm

I love kids' films. Just seen BFG and Finding Dory recently.

I actually like going to the cinema but find siting in those seats too uncomfortable after a while.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:39 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hi Syl I love you x

I took my nieces with my sister to watch Finding Dory on Monday. Managed to get cheaper tickets through work but it was still £25 for the four of us.  Lovely to see their little faces although they're starting to ask uncomfortable questions  Saturday night at the movies... Hide_210 x

Lol...are there any films that are 100% safe to watch with small children or elderly parents?

My mum hated swearing...the F word in particular. We took her to watch 'Planes, trains and automobiles'...she loved it till the ticket desk scene.... Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down