NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Empty BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm

BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Clarkson2

BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Clarkson

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson has tweeted a picture of himself with a sign next to his head which reads “gay c*nt.”
The BBC2 presenter tweeted the image featuring fellow Top Gear host James May, along with the caption “Sadly, I fell asleep on the plane.”
Some followers quickly responded to say they were offended by the use of the word “gay” in the negative, one user responding: “Sad to see people still using ‘gay’ as some kind of insult.”
Others defended the presenter, one fan saying: “Get a f*cking life it’s called banter”

Clarkson, who is paid £1 million a year by the BBC, was nominated for Stonewall’s Bigot of the Year award in 2007 for refusing to apologise after being reprimanded by BBC bosses for derogatory gay jibes on primetime TV.
He told an audience member that he would not buy a car because it was “a bit gay” and “very ginger beer”, which is rhyming slang for “queer”.
In 2010, former Labour spin doctor Alastair Campbell said that when he appeared on Top Gear, Clarkson made a joke about not wanting to be “bummed” by gay people. The joke was cut from the broadcast show.
Then in 2011, Clarkson got himself into a spat with gay singer George Michael, who called him a “pig-ugly homophobic tw*t”.
At time of publication Clarkson’s photograph had been retweeted over 26,000 times.
Former Radio 1 presenter Chris Moyles was attacked by LGBT groups in June 2006 for calling a ringtone “gay”, and was ruled to have breached the broadcasting code in 2009 for comments he made about gay singer Will Young which sparked outrage and dozens of complaints to the BBC.
The BBC recently defended its decision to include clips of Graham Norton wearing a red ribbon on the presenter’s 2013 compilation show – even though he was previously reprimanded by the corporation for doing so.
Norton ignored instructions not to wear the ribbon on his programme on 29 November to highlight last year’s World AIDS Day on 1 December. Clarkson appeared as a guest on the show in question.
The BBC did not immediately respond to a request for a statement from PinkNews

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/01/16/bbc-host-jeremy-clarkson-tweets-picture-of-himself-with-sign-saying-gay-cnt/

Clarkson is a c**t, just like the moron on here, that uses his name as a tag!

Back to top Go down

BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Empty Re: BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:21 pm

READER COMMENTS

Expand all

Immy
an hour ago
Well at least one word describes him correctly

Eddy
an hour ago
This individual is odious and deserves to be blacklisted and stonewalled at every opportunity. He has offended us so many times, and deliberately, that we ought to offend him as much as possible, till he learns, because even Clarkson can learn.

kane
35 minutes ago
what do you expect from a c.unt that is less attractive then pre 1990 Škoda

Rehan
27 minutes ago
Clarkson and whoever thought the sign was droll are not funny and they’re not gay, but they’re certainly the other thing. Though actually they’re boring pricks more than anything else.

GulliverUK
26 minutes ago
Clarkson is certainly a right-wing c*unt and bigot and homophobe, as are most of his fellow colleagues on the worthless and meaningless waste of space Top Prick show. They arse about when the show is supposed to be about cars. They think they’re acting cool, but they’re just making dicks of themselves on TV. The show has no redeeming qualities and it’s an embarrassment that the BBC wastes license fee money on this. I’m not a fan Smile
1 reply

Mike UK
23 minutes ago
I’d call him a piece of sh^t, but I’d be insulting innocent pieces of sh^t.
Instead when I want to insult sh^t, I’ll call it an ugly piece of Jeremy Clarkson.

Stockyboi
21 minutes ago
Oh, it’s called “banter” is it? Well that’s alright then.

Cal
16 minutes ago
Not funny. Not acceptable. Not the same as Russell Bt=rand’s “poofs”. Just nasty. How does this pig have a career? Baffling.

Pavlos
5 minutes ago
What the cock would Paddington Bear say about this?
Jeremy Clarkson is a childish prick and he has a similarly childish kind of imaginary
Batman and Robin love relationship with Hammond that puts him on slightly shaky ground…IMO ( especially if he should suddenly grow up, however unlikely might be)

lol! 

Back to top Go down

BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Empty Re: BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Gay meant happy then it meant homosexual now it means annoying
Faggot meant Stick for Burning then became a bundle of sticks then became an insult for poor people (their job was bundling sticks) then meant homosexual now it means dickhead.

Words evolve.

Like they say sticks and stones will break my bones
but words will only cripple me emotionally :\\:[:
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:00 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Gay meant happy then it meant homosexual now it means annoying
Faggot meant Stick for Burning then became a bundle of sticks then became an insult for poor people (their job was bundling sticks) then meant homosexual now it means dickhead.

Words evolve.

Like they say sticks and stones will break my bones
but words will only cripple me emotionally :\\:[:

You don't encourage negative words, when certain sections of society are still being oppressed, at times, on a daily basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:01 pm

....Anyway, the reader comments so far, say it all!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:06 pm

@catman
but Clarkson isn't homosexul (ok maybe with hammond Cool ) but he is annoying.
therefore the word is used in the new context  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:09 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@catman
but Clarkson isn't homosexul (ok maybe with hammond  Cool  ) but he is annoying.
therefore the word is used in the new context   Wink 

Yea....I know it's used in the context of being stupid now...Not good at all, when it is still used as a term to describe homosexuality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:14 pm

I know what catman is saying- the word is still most associated with gay people- it is a term of identification we use and its use also as an insult derives from homophobic attitudes. It's use in such a way should then be discouraged and criticized, as in this instance.

However I do not think Clarkson is homophobic- anymore than the many other people in this country who still use words like 'gay' as a lazy insult. And that is key here, it is a lazy use of language, thoughtless and inconsiderate and even stupid, and should be recognized as such.

But none of that means such people (and there will be millions) are homophobic. It just means they are part of a society where language is sloppy and lazy and which still has a hangover of homophobic attitudes (a still an unpleasantly large minority of homophobes). Clarkson isn't a homophobe- he got on famously with Will Young and is a friend of Stephen Fry- he just happens to also be a bit of an oaf Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Well, we need to stop using to describe homosexuality geek

And really the English language has enough silly cases of 1 word having 2 or more meanings where another one won’t hurt considering it is more or less in the common lexicon already
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 pm

But that describes clarkson........ thoughtless inconsiderate and stupid....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:26 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Well, we need to stop using to describe homosexuality  geek

And really the English language has enough silly cases of 1 word having 2 or more meanings where another one won’t hurt considering it is more or less in the common lexicon already

I think that we need to stop the word gay, being used in schools, to define the word stupid tbf...Although i know that will be an uphill task.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm sorry but I disagree. The word is universally known to mean gay people- it remains part of the LGBT acronym which in hundreds of countries is the umbrella name for human rights for all who fall under it. We should not allow a word, taken by people against discrimination, be flipped into a lazy negative. The initially change of meaning was for the opposite reason and with good intentions. Word can have negative eradicated or at least forced into near non-existence as a lazy insult- think of things like 'nigger' anyone who uses that now would most likely (or at least hopefully) be sneered at if not challenged over it outright- the same should become the case with people who insult someone by calling them gay.

^totally agree vic, though I still enjoy watching the man, good to 'see' you here btw Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:

I'm sorry but I disagree. The word is universally known to mean gay people- it remains part of the LGBT acronym which in hundreds of countries is the umbrella name for human rights for all who fall under it. We should not allow a word, taken by people against discrimination, be flipped into a lazy negative. The initially change of meaning was for the opposite reason and with good intentions. Word can have negative eradicated or at least forced into near non-existence as a lazy insult- think of things like 'nigger' anyone who uses that now would most likely (or at least hopefully) be sneered at if not challenged over it outright- the same should become the case with people who insult someone by calling them gay.

^totally agree vic, though I still enjoy watching the man, good to 'see' you here btw Smile

:-:cawg:-: AGHHHH...outed  :-:cawg:-:   ://?roflmao?/: 

nice to see you again too hope all is good with you  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 pm

@eilzel
And we still have an Icecream from when it was UNIVERSALLY accepted to mean happy...  Rolling Eyes 
Everyone loves a Gaytime
BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Image

I also Disageree with people being offended by 'nigger'. Or more I disagree with caring if someone is offended. I beleive you have a right to be offended and be offensive, But if that is all you are compalining about think your self lucky. I think the Zorostarian Australian Said it best (they are a minority from Turkey, the guy woudl have been late 40's)
"I love Australian Racism I have been here 7 years and get call Names all the time, but Not Once has anyone tried to kill me"

Actions (or lack of) speak louder than words. Calling some one names in NOT discrimination, denying them a job or position, denying them any right you would grant another is discrimination. To focus on words is trivial.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:08 pm

this from the land where asking for "durex" will get you sellotape (instead of condoms) Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:09 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@eilzel
And we still have an Icecream from when it was UNIVERSALLY accepted to mean happy...  Rolling Eyes 
Everyone loves a Gaytime
BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Image

I also Disageree with people being offended by 'nigger'. Or more I disagree with caring if someone is offended. I beleive you have a right to be offended and be offensive, But if that is all you are compalining about think your self lucky. I think the Zorostarian Australian Said it best (they are a minority from Turkey, the guy woudl have been late 40's)
"I love Australian Racism I have been here 7 years and get call Names all the time, but Not Once has anyone tried to kill me"

Actions (or lack of) speak louder than words. Calling some one names in NOT discrimination, denying  them a job or position, denying them any right you would grant another is discrimination. To focus on words is trivial.

Have you ever been discriminated, in your lifetime, for being a proud Australian though...Are there any negative words used against you, that would promote attacks, from other sections of your society?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:11 pm

@ Veya

Have you known anyone if your lifetime, that has been attacked or murdered, just because they are a proud Australian?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:15 pm

You can make it mean whatever you want Mr Catman, but for millions of others it is a funny word, a word to call other people, a piss-taking name for your friends etc etc etc

If you are offended, tough t1tt1es.

How does it go? People think it's funny, get over it!  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:25 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@eilzel
Everyone loves a Gaytime

Actions (or lack of) speak louder than words. Calling some one names in NOT discrimination, denying  them a job or position, denying them any right you would grant another is discrimination. To focus on words is trivial.

Yes, but that is in a positive context, so no problem.

And of course we all KNOW gay people are attacked, even killed, still in the UK and USA and though I don't know I'm willing to bet homophobic attacks still occur in Australia too. The word as an insult sits as a nasty reminder that homophobia still exists and is horrible to hear as a child who will assume the use of the word by classmates means a general dislike of gay people- it is so damaging to kids.

^Andy, you have no idea, you are a simple obnoxious man who as I described above will use the word out of stupidity and laziness. No one thinks the word 'gay' is funny, it is just a lazy term which people give no thought too- but as I've said before, your kind are on the way out, and not a moment too soon Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:28 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:You can make it mean whatever you want Mr Catman, but for millions of others it is a funny word, a word to call other people, a piss-taking name for your friends etc etc etc

How does it go?  People think it's funny, get over it!   :D 

Well, efforts are being made in our schools, to reprimand children that are using the negative connotation of the word an i applaud their efforts.

In the 'olden days'.....There were borstal schools, that were used to contain disruptive pupils, since you are such a fan of the Victorian method of doing things, would you welcome the return of those schools for those pupils that find the bullying of other pupils funny?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Eli, trust me, as a man who served many years in the army, gay is used very heavily with the 16 - 40 year old population.

I'm pretty damn sure the cool kids use it too.

And here's the part which will really hurt you and Mr Catman - they mean no harm or offense, and if you were there and asked them to stop, they probably would - bugger, eh?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:You can make it mean whatever you want Mr Catman, but for millions of others it is a funny word, a word to call other people, a piss-taking name for your friends etc etc etc

How does it go?  People think it's funny, get over it!   :D 

Well, efforts are being made in our schools, to reprimand children that are using the negative connotation of the word an i applaud their efforts.

In the 'olden days'.....There were borstal schools, that were used to contain disruptive pupils, since you are such a fan of the Victorian method of doing things, would you welcome the return of those schools for those pupils that find the bullying of other pupils funny?

That's just it Mr Catman - it isn't used as a bullying tool - it's used between friends! Using it on gay people wouldn't be funny would it?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:47 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

That's just it Mr Catman - it isn't used as a bullying tool - it's used between friends!  Using it on gay people wouldn't be funny would it?!

Nothing wrong with reclaiming certain words, kind of sends the winds up the sails of people like you though.

It's all about the delivery of the words, and the context in which you use certain words...That would fly over the head of a bigot like you though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

That's just it Mr Catman - it isn't used as a bullying tool - it's used between friends!  Using it on gay people wouldn't be funny would it?!

Nothing wrong with reclaiming certain words, kind of sends the winds up the sails of people like you though.

It's all about the delivery of the words, and the context in which you use certain words...That would fly over the head of a bigot like you though.

I think you will find that's what I just explained to you in my post above.

Never mind though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:58 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

I think you will find that's what I just explained to you in my post above.

Never mind though.

I don't think so, you want to use the derogatory words to belittle people!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 am

Delicious tears.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:47 am

Catman wrote:@ Veya

Have you known anyone if your lifetime, that has been attacked or murdered, just because they are a proud Australian?

No, but many of my friends growing up escaped persecution in 3rd world nations, I can assure you as a 6 year old hearing how my Tamal Friend fled the country (House burnt down by mob, his family only survived because their neighbour hid them in a chicken coop.) does have a lasting impact.
Another fled Burma, his father was very smart and must have been in politics before the military took over. Literally almost straved at sea floating here in a unseaworthy boat. You will find this also shapes My Views around the 'Boat Poeple' that the RW like to attack here.

the Homosexauls I know all are doing very well for themsleves (so are both the friends above) they may have been bullied in school (but so are most kids, I was a fat kid) as adults however it has only made them stronger.

You don't die because you get called a name and like Andy Said it is normally not directed at Homosexuals.
IF someone was being attacked I would defend them, but 2 friends calling each other gay(or any other names) really isn't something someone else has a right to be offended about.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:03 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Catman wrote:@ Veya

No, but many of my friends growing up escaped persecution in 3rd world nations, I can assure you as a 6 year old hearing how my Tamal Friend fled the country (House burnt down by mob, his family only survived because their neighbour hid them in a chicken coop.) does have a lasting impact.
Another fled Burma, his father was very smart and must have been in politics before the military took over. Literally almost straved at sea floating here in a unseaworthy boat. You will find this also shapes My Views around the 'Boat Poeple' that the RW like to attack here.

the Homosexauls I know all are doing very well for themsleves (so are both the friends above) they may have been bullied in school (but so are most kids, I was a fat kid) as adults however it has only made them stronger.

You don't die because you get called a name and like Andy Said it is normally not directed at Homosexuals.
IF someone was being attacked I would defend them, but 2 friends calling each other gay(or any other names) really isn't something someone else has a right to be offended about.

OK....Fair enough...But if you are fat etc...You are still part of the larger heterosexual community, so there are always places to go to meet others etc.

I can tell you that around here, it would take about forty minutes or more to get to the nearest gay bar, and as much as some would like to say that no kind of prejudice exists anymore, it does, and a young gay person around here, wouldn't be able to chat up someone in a heterosexual pub, without suffering a bit of worry!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:07 am

Catman wrote:a young gay person around here, wouldn't be able to chat up someone in a heterosexual pub, without suffering a bit of worry!

Some people mightn't appreciate sexual advances from the same sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 am

The guy is a boring loudmouth idiot, I don't like him, especially if he is like the way he is in RL, ugly looking bastard anyway., Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 am

краљица од Хартс wrote:
Catman wrote:a young gay person around here, wouldn't be able to chat up someone in a heterosexual pub, without suffering a bit of worry!

Some people mightn't appreciate sexual advances from the same sex.

Exactly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:10 am

Why do you think, that we still have gay bars!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:08 am

@elizel
Honestly? I would expect Americans to still be murdering gays, but I though the UK would be as progressive as here.
Homosexuals are a fully accepted part of the community here, we have openly gay politicans, sports and media people. The second biggest event on the Sydney Calander (after new years eve) is the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

There is still some homophobia but that is mainly from new migrants and they learn pretty quick it is not accpeted here. It is mainly exposure, Once they live here a while they will meet and work with Openly homosexal people (which may have been illegal in their country  Evil or Very Mad ) and find out they are just like everyone else. You can see some that are very uncomfartable when they first get here, but We will win them over, After all If this(Australia) is Hell I woudln't want to go to Heaven. If God gave shit why are we so blessed?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:26 am

@catman
the only true gay bar here is Stonewall and it is only the only TRUE gay bar because it doesn't let hetros in, There are plenty of Normal bars and apart for the rough tradie pubs (where you got a decent chance of a fight no matter who you are) a gay man is unlikley to have issues. Most of the Interwest and City would expect/encourage homosexuals to attend their bar and they have high disposable incomes and don't have to worry about kids etc. Actually the Whole 'gay' bar industry is starting to die out here, there are bars that have made themselves appealing to the gay community but The idea that they should be seperated is more or less dead. The 'gay' clubs were/are know as awesome rave venues and rarly got raided by police (for drugs) so from the late 90's onwards when MDMA and Electronic got popular here straight people would go too, with the exception of Stonewall most are just Night Clubs now they let anyone in.

Also Fat teens Cant really Claim a sexuality, they dont get that far with either sex   Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed 
BUT that caused me to get into martial arts when I started Uni and I lost 50kg.. So like I said Bullying only made me stronger and I think a Better person with more compassion and empathy.

@QoH
So then you tell them you are not interested, what is the issue? do you think every girl that ever got hit on appreciated the attention?
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:51 am

[quote="veya_victaous"]@catman
the only true gay bar here is Stonewall and it is only the only TRUE gay bar because it doesn't let hetros in

Well in London it is very different, our clubs don't bar heterosexuals at all...We have the best of all PA's...So long as there is no trouble then all are welcome, if there is any kind of trouble, then people are kicked out, the same as any other bar/club...Of course i would agree, that no homophobia is tolerated in our bars/clubs....But i would think that it would be ignored in many straight bars/clubs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:02 am

Well, I said that the c**t word is more acceptable in the UK.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:07 am

Original Quill wrote:Well, I said that the c**t word is more acceptable in the UK.

Just don't tell Nems!

::happ:: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 am

veya_victaous wrote:@elizel
Honestly? I would expect Americans to still be murdering gays, but I though the UK would be as progressive as here.
Homosexuals are a fully accepted part of the community here, we have openly gay politicans, sports and media people. The second biggest event on the Sydney Calander (after new years eve) is the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

There is still some homophobia but that is mainly from new migrants and they learn pretty quick it is not accpeted here. It is mainly exposure, Once they live here a while they will meet and work with Openly homosexal people (which may have been illegal in their country  Evil or Very Mad ) and find out they are just like everyone else. You can see some that are very uncomfartable when they first get here, but We will win them over, After all If this(Australia) is Hell I woudln't want to go to Heaven. If God gave shit why are we so blessed?

Sorry, veya.  
Phil wrote:the only true gay bar here is Stonewall and it is only the only TRUE gay bar

And that London bar is named after the Stonewall in New York City.  It was a world famous gay bar that stood up to the intolerance of the NYC Police.  It fought back.  And ever after, it is the namesake for all gay bars all over the world.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:32 am

....They changed the name, but they could never take away the characters!

This man was my mentor, from when i came out at 19..He was always there...We just used to sit and chat and there was no ulterior motive, he was a very good artist as well, and painted a picture, of my mum's King Charles Spaniel....sitting on her chaise..just from a fucking photo!

Well..My Mum said to me, that was the most beautiful present that i ever gave her, she missed that dog so much after she died, she used to say to me, i wake up and i can see that painting...It made her feel better!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 am

Much nashing of teeth over gay but not c***. Interesting.
Good on Clarkson shows he can laugh at himself, others should have a go at that.
Consider this ... one of our charities slogans, tagline or what ever, is

ITS NOT GAY TO BE GAY

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:08 am

@Quill
Interesting I did not know that, but it was also the place where the gay pride movement took off here.
And it was me not phil that said it, it's in Sydney right in the middle of the main night club strip.
AND why are you sorry?  confused 

@Catman
what were the 'gay' clubs will, to the point where they are just clubs now that are 'homosexual friendly', just not stonewall  ::dunno::  But it is SUPER gay  ::happ::  ::happ::  ::happ:: 
So Gay in fact that most of the gay men I know wont go there.  scratch I think it Is popular with newly out young men and sugar daddies (everyone in there is either young and super buff or old and looks rich) they are a little secretive about it  scratch  (http://stonewallhotel.com/ some picks  Wink )
There are 'dyke' bars that are very unfriendly  Mad  but I think they like them that way  Smile  they don't really have good music or dance floors, and quite frankly some of the ladies can be a little bit aggressive  Neutral  I mean if a guy knows it is a 'dyke' bar he isn't going there to pick up chicks  Wink 

@catman & eilzel
Would they advertise an icecream the way Gaytime does, in the UK?
I was thinking about it on the way home and the advertising of gaytime icecream is a pretty good indicator of the majority view of Aussies regarding 'gay'.

Originally marketed as gaytime meaning happy time, it became very popular here because it tastes great.

it struggled when gay became a synonym for homosexual and they stopped advertising (a few failed attempts to say 'hey it mean happytime') Marketing obviously though the name was a death sentence I think streets would have dropped it if it wasn't so popular.... Because it tastes so good.

Then it started Advertising Playing on the Homosexual connotations confident that Aussies would just laugh at it and enjoy their icecream.  :D  (that was only 2010 onward but advertisers need large majorities not just 51% )

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=golden%20gaytime

Just so you know thinking about them made me buy a box on the way home  Razz Razz Razz Razz  It's got to 33C today warm enough for icecream  sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Last edited by veya_victaous on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:10 am

NemsAgain wrote:Much nashing of teeth over gay but not c***. Interesting.
Good on Clarkson shows he can laugh at himself, others should have a go at that.
Consider this ... one of our charities slogans, tagline or what ever,    is

ITS NOT GAY TO BE GAY

That's a good tagline
In MY OPINION   Cool  Cool  Cool    (@catman  geek   Laughing  Laughing )
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:17 am

Some people are far to worried what consenting adults do in the bedroom than is healthy you ask me
i couldn`t give a shit quite frankly
Are they happy? Is the only question i have ......OH!!  And can I have some wardrobe advice Embarassed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:22 am

Catman wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

OK....Fair enough...But if you are fat etc...You are still part of the larger heterosexual community, so there are always places to go to meet others etc.

I can tell you that around here, it would take about forty minutes or more to get to the nearest gay bar, and as much as some would like to say that no kind of prejudice exists anymore, it does, and a young gay person around here, wouldn't be able to chat up someone in a heterosexual pub, without suffering a bit of worry!

FFS Mr Catman - you are gay, but you are still part of the male community, the British community and any other community you care to take a part in - do not paint yourself as one thing - if you do, it's your fault!

Back to top Go down

BBC host Jeremy Clarkson tweets picture of himself with sign saying ‘gay c*nt’ Empty Piers Morgan slams Jeremy ‘flabby neck’ Clarkson for ‘gay c*nt’ tweet

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Fellow TV host Piers Morgan has attacked BBC2 presenter Jeremy Clarkson for a tweet he sent last night containing a picture of himself with a sign saying “gay c*nt”.
Morgan, now based in the US, tweeted to criticise the Top Gear presenter for the tweet, noting his “flabby neck”.
Clarkson tweeted the image featuring fellow Top Gear host James May, along with the caption “Sadly, I fell asleep on the plane.”
He later tweeted an apology which said: “I have deleted my last tweet and would like to apologise profusely to anyone who I upset while I was asleep.”
Morgan sent the tweet shortly after the original was posted, before it was deleted by Clarkson.

Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan
Follow
Embracing homophobic slurs with your petrol-head mates @JeremyClarkson ? And you have the brass flabby neck to call ME a ****? Wow.
10:33 PM - 16 Jan 2014
85 RETWEETS 115 FAVORITES

When someone called Morgan a “moron”, suggesting that Clarkson was asleep when the tweet was sent, he responded: “Not when he tweeted and then deleted it”.
Then when a user told him: “It’s called sense of humour piers, you should try and get one loser”, he simply responded to say: “I don’t find gay slurs funny, sorry.”

This is the latest in clashes between Morgan and Clarkson, who are embroiled in a long-running Twitter feud. Clarkson often boasts of having punched Morgan.
Clarkson, who is paid £1 million a year by the BBC, was nominated for Stonewall’s Bigot of the Year award in 2007 for refusing to apologise after being reprimanded by BBC bosses for derogatory gay jibes on primetime TV.
He told an audience member that he would not buy a car because it was “a bit gay” and “very ginger beer”, which is rhyming slang for “queer”.
In 2010, former Labour spin doctor Alastair Campbell said that when he appeared on Top Gear, Clarkson made a joke about not wanting to be “bummed” by gay people. The joke was cut from the broadcast show.
Then in 2011, Clarkson got himself into a spat with gay singer George Michael, who called him a “pig-ugly homophobic tw*t”.
At time of publication Clarkson’s photograph had been retweeted over 26,000 times.
Former Radio 1 presenter Chris Moyles was attacked by LGBT groups in June 2006 for calling a ringtone “gay”, and was ruled to have breached the broadcasting code in 2009 for comments he made about gay singer Will Young which sparked outrage and dozens of complaints to the BBC.
The BBC recently defended its decision to include clips of Graham Norton wearing a red ribbon on the presenter’s 2013 compilation show –even though he was previously reprimanded by the corporation for doing so.
Norton ignored instructions not to wear the ribbon on his programme on 29 November to highlight last year’s World AIDS Day on 1 December. Clarkson appeared as a guest on the show in question.
The BBC did not immediately respond to a request for a statement from PinkNews.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/01/17/piers-morgan-slams-jeremy-flabby-neck-clarkson-for-gay-cnt-tweet/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:58 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

FFS Mr Catman - you are gay, but you are still part of the male community, the British community and any other community you care to take a part in - do not paint yourself as one thing - if you do, it's your fault!

Fuck off Andy  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Fuck off Andy  Rolling Eyes 

Don't get unnecessarily heavy, Phil.

Andy, while I see where you are going, you've got to have a sense of the history of these things.  It isn't until society makes an issue of a feature or distinction that people respond.  Society defines groups and the perimeter of associations that surround them.  It becomes a part of the language and a backdrop against which we live.

I don't know if we would be better off if society dropped the organizing of people according to certain characteristics.  You are proud to be British, after all, and that's a good thing.  However, the same dynamic creates racism in the southern US.  It's like language...it encompasses both good and bad.

So if Phil identifies with the gay community, he still didn't invent the concept.  With so much negativity around the whole process of grouping people, isn't it good that Phil celebrates his pre-given identity? A couple of years ago homophobia was rampant, and now Phil finds it a source of pride. That's a good thing.  You like being British; he likes being gay.  It's better than hate...hate because of skin colour, facial features, and other characteristics.  It is what it is, so live with it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:10 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@catman
but Clarkson isn't homosexul (ok maybe with hammond  Cool  ) but he is annoying.
therefore the word is used in the new context   Wink 

Hammond and may have more manners though Veya, Clarkson is out to be as wreckless and rude as he can for the ratings , I think he is like that normally anyway.

Tv presenters should really know better and set a better example, one can still be witty without the need to insult others....

Clarkson obviously can't

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Is this Scatman who calls Tories C--nts being two faced again?

Fucking priceless.

Mince C--T

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next