NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The gay community is in denial about Islamism

+7
Raggamuffin
Fuzzy Zack
veya_victaous
nicko
eddie
Eilzel
HoratioTarr
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The gay community is in denial about Islamism - Page 4 Empty The gay community is in denial about Islamism

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is almost two months since Omar Mateen walked around the Pulse nightclub in Florida, gunning people down while shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’.  During the assault Mateen spoke to American law enforcement and swore allegiance to Isis.  Frustratingly Omar Mateen failed to call the group ‘so-called Islamic State’, thus betraying a woeful lack of linguistic sensitivity among his other crimes.

A few days later, very much in the shadow of these events, there was a ‘gay pride’ parade in New York.  The huge banner leading the parade at the front read ‘Republican hate kills’.  That is because after a moment’s stunned surprise the American gay rights movement did what all other Western gay rights movements have done, and decided to assiduously duck the issue of Islamic homophobia.  Having spent so many years believing that there was nothing more hateful than a Republican, when someone shouting praise to Allah and swearing allegiance to Islamic State killed 49 gay people America’s gay movement didn’t even bother to commission a new rainbow banner.

As I wrote at the time, although the Western gay press has understandable historical qualms about Christianity it also has a history of dismissing any and all concerns about Islam.  So in the wake of Orlando the gay press was filled not with pieces warning gay people about Islamic gay-hate, but pieces going out of their way to warn people against linking the massacre to Islam or Muslims.  In particular there was a flurry of articles warning gay people not to become ‘haters’.  Which is only the gay version of a wider Western sickness.  You got attacked?  Be careful you don’t become a bigot now.

At the weekend I picked up a copy of the UK gay magazine Attitude – a sort of post-Orlando memorial edition – which showed nothing had changed.  The aim of the edition was not just to avoid treading on any sore Islamic toes, but to deliberately avoid the subject of Islam.  Well these people, as Martin Amis once said in a related context, are disappearing up the fundament of the people who want to kill them.  They should enjoy it while it lasts.  The fact that a majority of British Muslims want being gay in Britain to be made illegal strikes me as a salient and troubling fact even if I can’t seem to get anyone else interested in the point.

Still, perhaps I can recommend some reading material to the gay panjandrums and their straight ‘allies’?  This recommendation is probably not on their usual reading list, but it is the latest issue of the Isis publication ‘Dabiq’ (if you wish to insert your own ‘so-calleds’ into that sentence then please do so).  Although the cover of this latest issue of the magazine is dedicated to the issue of ‘Breaking the cross’ (the Isis belief that Christianity must be destroyed) gays who do not care about this are welcome to flick beyond the cover story.  On page 30 they will find a most illuminating piece about the Orlando nightclub massacre.  It is far more informative than anything that can be found in Gay Times, the Advocate, or Attitude.  It is called ‘Why we hate you and why we fight you.’  The reasons are clearly laid out.

Reason one is because the West is full of ‘disbelievers’ who ‘reject the oneness of Allah’.  Reason two is because ‘your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited’.  Reason three is that ‘in the case of the atheist fringe, we hate you and wage war against you because you disbelieve in the existence of your Lord and creator’.  And so on and so on.  If you have got this far then you are probably worried, like me, by the lack of editorial talent in the Isis camp (or the ‘so-called Isis, so-called camp’).  But go back a step and you will find something even more worrying.  Read again in a little more detail point two – the one about permitting things that ‘Allah’ has forbidden.  I quote the full paragraph:

‘We hate you because your secular, liberal societies permit the very things that Allah has prohibited while banning many of the things He has permitted, a matter that doesn’t concern you because you separate between religion and state, thereby granting supreme authority to your whims and desires via the legislators you vote into power.  In doing so, you desire to rob Allah of his right to be obeyed and you wish to usurp that right for yourselves.  “Legislation is not but for Allah” (Yusuf 40).  Your secular liberalism has led you to tolerate and even support “gay rights”, to allow alcohol, drugs, fornication, gambling, and usury to become widespread, and to encourage the people to mock those who denounce these filthy sins and vices. As such, we wage war against you to stop you from spreading your disbelief and debauchery – your secularism and nationalism, your perverted liberal values, your Christianity and atheism – and all the depravity and corruption they entail. You’ve made it your mission to “liberate” Muslim societies; we’ve made it our mission to fight off your influence and protect mankind from your misguided concepts and your deviant way of life.’

Interesting, isn’t it?  So while the gay press in the UK is trying to make the Orlando massacre about ‘toxic masculinity’ or ‘Islamophobia’ and the US gay rights movement is trying to make it about Marco Rubio, Isis are saying precisely why they want people to attack the West.  One of the reasons they want to attack the West is because of the gays.  Of course there might be some conservatives in America and Britain who respond to such things by saying, ‘crikey – perhaps we ought to clean up our act and go easy on all the perversion, drinking, gambling and gay clubbing’.  But most people – any self-respecting people – will turn around and say ‘screw you’.

I’m not a betting man, but because Isis are so opposed to gambling I’m willing to start.  So in that spirit I would like to take bets: how much longer do people think that gay ‘community leaders’ can keep this denial up for?

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/08/gay-community-denial-islamism/

Back to top Go down

The gay community is in denial about Islamism - Page 4 Empty Re: The gay community is in denial about Islamism

Post by eddie Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:01 pm

People still do it; this will sound weird but my son has a friend that's gay, (and Asian, not sure if he's a Muslim either, I'll have to ask actually!), and he and my son call eachother "gay" all the time, over silly things. It's like a term of affection.....

Can't explain it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The gay community is in denial about Islamism - Page 4 Empty Re: The gay community is in denial about Islamism

Post by Eilzel Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Glad to hear it. I've seen homophobic comments go from common among men in my family to dead. They had become far less common even before I came out too. It was one reason I was ever able to do so with many of them. No one in my family is homophobic, have always been supportive and love my BF as a member of the family. I am very happy with my situation.

I just wish others, especually gay people born into Muslim or deeply conservative Christian families could just as fortunate.

Friends and I who are mid-30s to mid-40s often talk about how it feels like we grew up in a different era than the one we live now. When we were kids, it was completely normal to deride each another with gay slurs; we never really even thought about it. Now we look back at how we used to act and have a hard time even believing it.

I like to think many feel the same. In high school, when I was deeply closeted, I used them myself, because everyone did. Not something I am proud of. Times have definitely improved, in spite of what many say.

^Eds, I think that is fine among your son and his friend. The problem with gay insults is when someone is around who isn't in on it, and may get the wrong impression, especially if that person is gay.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Yes les I've said that to them both when they've been here and they're well aware of that. They have a great banter between them though, makes me laugh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4