NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that...

+5
Ben Reilly
nicko
Syl
eddie
blackie333
9 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... Empty Re: So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that...

Post by eddie Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:01 am

Wow. Fancy that! A friendly foreigner!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... Empty Re: So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that...

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:19 am

eddie wrote:Wow. Fancy that! A friendly foreigner!

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:10 pm

blackie333 wrote:
eddie wrote:Wow. Fancy that! A friendly foreigner!

I got a huge gas bill I knew couldn't be right so phoned them up to say so and I don't know if it's the same for us all but phoning up energy companies you always end up speaking to someone born in another country so find it hard to understand them.
Maybe I'm one in a million but I don't think so really.
I'd get on great with them if only they spoke the Kings English So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... 3489511464

You often speak to someone who is IN another country. A lot of call centres are not based in the UK now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Perhaps it's just a phrase, like people from the south often use the word 'SWEETY' - despite your gender or the reason for the topic of conversation; they just refer to the other person as 'SWEETY' and some people find that offensive So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... 2190311264 
Personally, I do not; but I've known women that have asked their male counter parts {working for the same corporation} to cease saying that - it made them feel 'be-littled/put down/demeaned' ...lots of elderly people use that word more often then my generation or my son's generation.  So perhaps it just a regional linguistic term and had nothing to do with a TRUE AFFECTION; you weren't on a 'Single Dating Sight' were you So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... 202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:15 pm

If i have a problem Sky, i have to phone them and are invarablel answered by someone with a Scots or Asian accent and i can't understand a bloody word they say.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 pm

nicko wrote:If i have a problem Sky,     i have to phone them and are invarablel answered by someone with a Scots or Asian accent and i can't understand a bloody word they say.

Why do you think that is?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:25 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Syl wrote:

You often speak to someone who is IN another country. A lot of call centres are not based in  the UK now.

I was told I owed over£400 but by someone with a strange accent which annoyed me even more than being told that by someone white.
Get your facts right or shut the eff up, I owe you nothing you arsehole so do one Laughing

You come from Birmingham BD....enough said. Rolling Eyes Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:08 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Major wrote:Up the Brummiz.

Hey blackie, are thee the only whitey in your neck of the woodz???

I went to BRUM A FORTNIGHT AGO and there were so many of non whites there twaz dark at noon, lol lol lol .

If you go into Debenhams and watch the escalators you will see less the half whitiz travelling on it, fact, go and see, I bet I am right..
I'm proud to have been born a Brummie SYl Just like Ozzy Osbourne is Laughing

Nothing wrong with being born there BD....it's just that the accent is horribly grating. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:11 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Syl wrote:
blackie333 wrote:

I got a huge gas bill I knew couldn't be right so phoned them up to say so and I don't know if it's the same for us all but phoning up energy companies you always end up speaking to someone born in another country so find it hard to understand them.
Maybe I'm one in a million but I don't think so really.
I'd get on great with them if only they spoke the Kings English So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... 3489511464

You often speak to someone who is IN another country. A lot of call centres are not based in  the UK now.

I was told I owed over£400 but by someone with a strange accent which annoyed me even more than being told that by someone white.
Get your facts right or shut the eff up, I owe you nothing you arsehole so do one Laughing

scratch

If a white person had said you owed £400 would you have paid it?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Many is the time I've had the same problem, a foreign voice I don't understand. I tell them to speak a bit slower, but usually not much better. I did hear not so long ago that some comapnies are bringing there call centres back from India to the UK, mainly because of the difficulty in understanding them. I hope so because I don't like doing business with non-UK responses.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:56 pm

It is frustrating, I do understand the frustration of not being able to understand people or be understood yourself.
I've got quite a good ear for accents - I'm sure it's down to my early life in London - so I don't often have a problem.
When I do get someone with a very heavy Indian accent and I have to keep saying "Pardon?", I do get a bit irritated tbh, but I know it's not their fault and they are always so very polite and patient.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:37 am

I went to BRUM A FORTNIGHT AGO and there were so many of non whites there twaz dark at noon, lol lol lol .

If you go into Debenhams and watch the escalators you will see less the half whitiz travelling on it, fact, go and see, I bet I am right..

You are human scum.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:39 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

You are human scum.

U r uman skum.

(Translated for storm) So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 am

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

You are human scum.

U r uman skum.

(Translated for storm) So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... 3489511464

Thanks, maybe he'll get it that way
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:51 am

Idea

MAJOR, Tommy, Horatio...

Three "peas in a pod", as far as I'm concerned..

Their inherent racism and white superiority drips from every second post.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:07 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Idea

MAJOR, Tommy, Horatio...

I've come to the conclusion you're slightly deranged. How am I racist?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Idea

MAJOR, Tommy, Horatio...

I've come to the conclusion you're slightly deranged.    How am I racist?  

I think he gets a bit confused. He was calling me a racist a while back....I don't think he had even read any of my posts at the time. Laughing

Many Brits = racists to him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:54 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I've come to the conclusion you're slightly deranged.    How am I racist?  

I think he gets a bit confused. He was calling me a racist a while back....I don't think he had even read any of my posts at the time. Laughing

Many Brits = racists to him.

Well, he's clearly not seen my posts disagreeing with Major when he starts on his homophobic racist shit.   Is Wolfie the bastard offspring of Millie Tant and Old Man Steptoe?

So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... Latest?cb=20100824200601
So I was on the phone talking to a complete stranger asking for advice about something and it was obvious that... P0202ggy
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down