NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Driving While Black" in America

+3
Tommy Monk
eddie
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

"Driving While Black" in America Empty "Driving While Black" in America

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Arguably the most successful black politician in Seattle history, Ron Sims has been pulled over eight times by the police. I have been pulled over exactly zero times.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/driving-while-black-even-seattles-ron-sims-counts-8-cop-stops/

Philando Castile, the man who was fatally shot by police during a traffic stop as his girlfriend live-streamed the aftermath, had been stopped 31 times by police for, as family and friends said, “driving while black.”

The 32-year-old Castile has been stopped by Minnesota police a total of 31 times in the 14 years that he has had his license, and he was charged 63 times, usually for minor violations.

The charges included speeding, failure to wear a seat belt, driving after a revocation, no proof of insurance, improper display of original plate and parking violations. In all, Castile was found guilty of 43 violations and has paid out hundreds of dollars in fines.

Beyond the traffic violations, however, Castile had absolutely no criminal record.

http://thegrio.com/2016/07/09/philando-castile-was-stopped-31-times-and-charged-63-times-for-driving-while-black/

Some years ago, an African-American friend of mine was waiting to meet his wife on the downtown streets of Brattleboro. We were all going out to dinner. An officer from Brattleboro Police said to my friend, “I want to see some ID.”

My friend, wearing a suit and tie, said, “Excuse me officer? Is there a problem?”

“Yeah, I want to see some ID right now!”

“Officer, I am going to reach in my pocket and get some ID. Is that OK?” and my friend produced a badge saying that he was from the Hartford Police Department.

The cop seemed shocked and mumbled something like. “Thanks.”

“Excuse me officer. Do you treat all guests in town like this?”

The cop walked away.

https://vtdigger.org/2016/07/06/namaya-driving-while-black-in-vermont/

In a video that's now going viral, an officer of the Randolph County Sheriff's Department stops two unidentified black men driving through Steeplegate, a suburban neighborhood in Trinity, North Carolina, for reasons unknown.

The driver explains that he doesn't live in the neighborhood but owns a house there — he flips houses for a living, and was driving through the neighborhood to compare listings for his house at 7238 Trotters Run. The officer, apparently skeptical of the man's explanation, starts asking questions: Who's the president of the neighborhood's board, does he know any of its members. The homeowner offers to just drive the cop over to the house so the cop can see for himself.

"That just shows you, being black in America," the passenger says as the pair of men drive to the house, the cop following behind. "It's because you're young, rich and black, bro."

After they arrive and the driver unlocks the door, the men invite the officer inside, but he declines, saying he can't. "It's my house, though, you could," the homeowner says.

"We're still trying to figure out why we were pulled over," his friend adds, "but this is why we're in the neighborhood."

https://mic.com/articles/146897/homeowner-pulled-over-for-driving-while-black-in-suburbs-and-the-video-is-going-viral#.KFNJgb78s

"Driving While Black" in America Dwb.stats_
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

"Driving While Black" in America Empty Re: "Driving While Black" in America

Post by eddie Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Says it all really.

When I was 15 I dated a black boy. He used to always get stopped by the police (we lived in London) for absolutely nothing at all.

One day, there was a group of us, just hanging around doing nothing but maybe being noisy teens, when a police van screeched up and about six officers jumped out and started asking all the black guys to get in the van.
They broke one of the boys arms but apprarently he "fell awkwardly" even though his friends all saw the officers bend his arm back.

This "getting them in the back of the van" happened a few times. Not kidding.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Oh and I got called a "black man's slag" by one of them.

Nice.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:15 pm

Look at the op...

"...The 32-year-old Castile has been stopped by Minnesota police a total of 31 times in the 14 years that he has had his license, and he was charged 63 times, usually for minor violations.

The charges included speeding, failure to wear a seat belt, driving after a revocation, no proof of insurance, improper display of original plate and parking violations. In all, Castile was found guilty of 43 violations and has paid out hundreds of dollars in fines..."

14 years of driving... pulled up 31 times... so twice a year on average... AND DONE FOR 63 OFFENCES!!!

SO 2 REASONS FOR EVERY TIME HE WAS PULLED OVER!!!

STOP BREAKING THE LAW YOU TWAT!!!

YOU'RE NOT BEING DONE FOR BEING BLACK!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:18 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Look at the op...

"...The 32-year-old Castile has been stopped by Minnesota police a total of 31 times in the 14 years that he has had his license, and he was charged 63 times, usually for minor violations.

The charges included speeding, failure to wear a seat belt, driving after a revocation, no proof of insurance, improper display of original plate and parking violations. In all, Castile was found guilty of 43 violations and has paid out hundreds of dollars in fines..."

14 years of driving... pulled up 31 times... so twice a year on average... AND DONE FOR 63 OFFENCES!!!

SO 2 REASONS FOR EVERY TIME HE WAS PULLED OVER!!!

STOP BREAKING THE LAW YOU TWAT!!!

YOU'RE NOT BEING DONE FOR BEING BLACK!!!

Oh, I see. He deserved to be shot to death, then.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:28 am

Tommy, I am not kidding. Have you ever been outside of your front door?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Arguably the most successful black politician in Seattle history, Ron Sims has been pulled over eight times by the police. I have been pulled over exactly zero times.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/driving-while-black-even-seattles-ron-sims-counts-8-cop-stops/

Philando Castile, the man who was fatally shot by police during a traffic stop as his girlfriend live-streamed the aftermath, had been stopped 31 times by police for, as family and friends said, “driving while black.”

The 32-year-old Castile has been stopped by Minnesota police a total of 31 times in the 14 years that he has had his license, and he was charged 63 times, usually for minor violations.

The charges included speeding, failure to wear a seat belt, driving after a revocation, no proof of insurance, improper display of original plate and parking violations. In all, Castile was found guilty of 43 violations and has paid out hundreds of dollars in fines.

Beyond the traffic violations, however, Castile had absolutely no criminal record.

http://thegrio.com/2016/07/09/philando-castile-was-stopped-31-times-and-charged-63-times-for-driving-while-black/

Some years ago, an African-American friend of mine was waiting to meet his wife on the downtown streets of Brattleboro. We were all going out to dinner. An officer from Brattleboro Police said to my friend, “I want to see some ID.”

My friend, wearing a suit and tie, said, “Excuse me officer? Is there a problem?”

“Yeah, I want to see some ID right now!”

“Officer, I am going to reach in my pocket and get some ID. Is that OK?” and my friend produced a badge saying that he was from the Hartford Police Department.

The cop seemed shocked and mumbled something like. “Thanks.”

“Excuse me officer. Do you treat all guests in town like this?”

The cop walked away.

https://vtdigger.org/2016/07/06/namaya-driving-while-black-in-vermont/

In a video that's now going viral, an officer of the Randolph County Sheriff's Department stops two unidentified black men driving through Steeplegate, a suburban neighborhood in Trinity, North Carolina, for reasons unknown.

The driver explains that he doesn't live in the neighborhood but owns a house there — he flips houses for a living, and was driving through the neighborhood to compare listings for his house at 7238 Trotters Run. The officer, apparently skeptical of the man's explanation, starts asking questions: Who's the president of the neighborhood's board, does he know any of its members. The homeowner offers to just drive the cop over to the house so the cop can see for himself.

"That just shows you, being black in America," the passenger says as the pair of men drive to the house, the cop following behind. "It's because you're young, rich and black, bro."

After they arrive and the driver unlocks the door, the men invite the officer inside, but he declines, saying he can't. "It's my house, though, you could," the homeowner says.

"We're still trying to figure out why we were pulled over," his friend adds, "but this is why we're in the neighborhood."

https://mic.com/articles/146897/homeowner-pulled-over-for-driving-while-black-in-suburbs-and-the-video-is-going-viral#.KFNJgb78s

"Driving While Black" in America Dwb.stats_

Um ... driving whilst disqualified? I wouldn't call that "minor".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:40 pm

Major wrote:He musta given reason for police to stop him so many times or do the police random stop blacks?? or do the police random stop whites??

Yes, they do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:31 pm

I never said anyone deserved to be shot to death.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:04 pm

"The 32-year-old Castile has been stopped by Minnesota police a total of 31 times in the 14 years that he has had his license, and he was charged 63 times, usually for minor violations."

Look at the spin in this quote...

Even though he has been charged 63 times... not only is it quickly suggested that it was 'usually minor violations'... which really says that many charges were actually seriously... and downplaying the huge number of offences...

But also tries to make the suggestion that the incidents of police intervention and offences had been over a 14 year period since when he was first eligible to drive at the age of 16... but doesn't say when he was actually driving and/or getting pulled over or breaking the law etc...

I reckon the truth is that he wasn't pulled over twice a year over 14 years... as suggested... but pulled over and charged for vast majority of incidents and offences in a very short time over the very recent period of history!

I bet that almost all of these incidents were over the last few months and that he was involved in a hell of a lot more bad stuff than a 'couple of minor driving violations a year'...!!!

So what's the truth...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down