NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts

2 posters

Go down

Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts Empty Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts Lord-Hanningfield-2937545

Fines: Lord Hanningfield
Daily Mirror
The Tory peer at the centre of the clocking-in scandal is “downsizing” his home to clear debts of around £120,000.

Lord Hanningfield, jailed in 2011 over a parliamentary expenses fraud, owes legal costs and fines.

An investigation by the Daily Mirror revealed he has since attended the House Of Lords for as little as 21 minutes a day – claiming £300 per visit.

Now the peer, born Paul White, says he may have to sell his country home, thought to be worth £680,000, in the village of West Hanningfield, Essex.

The 73-year-old said: “I might have to downsize. I continually look to see where I might buy a cottage or something.

“I’d feel very disappointed because I was born next door to where I live now.

“I’ve spent all my life there. But needs must, I suppose. I’m probably going to go back there to be buried.”

The former Essex Council leader was ordered to repay £30,254.50 in 2011 after being convicted of claiming more than £13,000 in false expenses from the House of Lords.

As well as being handed a nine-month prison sentence, he was also ordered to pay more than £37,000 under the Proceeds of Crime Act and he believes his own legal fees have come to more than £100,000.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leeching-lord-hannigfield-tory-peer-3020078

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  So he should sell up, scrounging Tory scum.

Back to top Go down

Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts Empty Re: Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts

Post by Clarkson Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:20 pm

What about your four guys in prison Scatman for full on fraud claiming for non existent mortgages. I take it you admire the jailbirds you seem to admire all manner of fraudsters as long as they are lefties.

You are too thick to understand the saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts Empty Re: Leeching Lord Hannigfield: Tory peer at centre of clocking-in scandal 'downsizing' home to clear £120k debts

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Clarkson wrote:What about your four guys in prison Scatman for full on fraud claiming for non existent mortgages. I take it you admire the jailbirds you seem to admire all manner of fraudsters as long as they are lefties.

You are too thick to understand the saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Fartson, we are talking about this piece of scrounging Tory scum, that was claiming £300 a day, for just 20 minutes of walking about, where have i said that i admire all manner of fraudsters as long as they are lefties, Fartson, you liar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Clarkson wrote:What about your four guys in prison Scatman for full on fraud claiming for non existent mortgages. I take it you admire the jailbirds you seem to admire all manner of fraudsters as long as they are lefties.

I believe all the Labour MPs who were convicted admitted their guilt in court unlike the Tory Lords who tried to wriggle out of it.
Of course the Tories have form for that what with Jonathan Aitken convicted for his crimes as well as perjury in a British court of law even coercing his family to do the same. Jeffrey Archer was another one who did the same in committing perjury.
It guess the Tory MPs who robbed the taxpayer with their expense claims were just a bit too experienced in how to rip off people and getting away with it. Goes with the Tory territory really.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down