NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Farage Resigns

+12
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
Syl
Major
eddie
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
nicko
'Wolfie
HoratioTarr
SEXY MAMA
Fuzzy Zack
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Nigel Farage Resigns  - Page 3 Empty Re: Nigel Farage Resigns

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:27 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:

I disagree that Brits expect special treatment off anyone. I don't see it in RL ...in fact I don't see the them v us that seems to permeate through this forum anywhere else.
Granted I joined after all the gauntlets had been thrown down and probably don't 'get' a lot of it....but I do see what I see...and I see an awful lot of generalising about "us Brits"....and I see an awful lot of rejoicing when iyo we get it wrong.

And Quill....you are the biggest braggart on here, so to accuse us of feeling superior is a bit much. Laughing

'the Brits' is this specific gang of xenophobes. they invaded this multicultural international forum and proceeded to spout the most ignorant insulated xenophobic propaganda I had ever seen outside of a historical context (or redneck USA)

the great Irony being their biggest complaint is Immigrants that come over and not knowing and following every little nuisance of the culture. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You should be welcoming Brits as you're so keen on multiculturalism. After all, a couple of Americans, Aussies, and one Scot isn't really representative of a "multicultural international forum". Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 am

Major wrote:If it were not for NF we would not have got the vote to get out of the EU.

Thanks for all your help, Nigel.

You're right there!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:48 am

NF Nigel Farage or National Front.

Bit unfortunate lol!

It's obviously Newsfiix too, but we rock.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:06 pm

eddie wrote:NF Nigel Farage or National Front.

Bit unfortunate lol!

How about I plaster photos of tortured and slashed animals all over your Happy Eid thread? You know...the poor creatures that get their throats cut in the streets for Eid feasts? I'm sick to death of being labelled by people who think those who voted Leave are racist. Why don't you give it a rest?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:10 pm

wELL SAID HT!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:12 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Bit unfortunate lol!

How about I plaster photos of tortured and slashed animals all over your Happy Eid thread?   You know...the poor creatures that get their throats cut in the streets for Eid feasts?    I'm sick to death of being labelled by people who think those who voted Leave are racist.  Why don't you give it a rest?

Erm, I was joking actually!! I don't even think he's racist anyway. Calm down Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:19 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Bit unfortunate lol!

How about I plaster photos of tortured and slashed animals all over your Happy Eid thread?   You know...the poor creatures that get their throats cut in the streets for Eid feasts?    I'm sick to death of being labelled by people who think those who voted Leave are racist.  Why don't you give it a rest?

Do it. There's nothing to celebrate about that kind of thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:22 pm

I voted leave too?? scratch

Jeez. You lot are sooooo touchy lately. I don't even think he's racist.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Actually, anyone reading Newsfix might have decided to vote to leave after all the hand wringing on here from the remain side. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Look. There's nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet but some people find the sound of brass.....well, too brassy.

It is what it is.  I bring in factual support for my contentions.  I quote articles, books and learned individuals.  I even post entire articles for substantiation of points.  I use statistical argument.  I quote from history.  I also cite my own qualifications to speak.  Just one of many factual claims I use to make my point.

Just because you or someone else feels its rude...meh.  Most likely, that's just a way of dismissing my argument, because s/he can't think of anything else.

Or, it's jealousy.  Either way, I don't care.  I only care about making good, effective points.

Quill, you do make some good effective posts, and there's no doubt you are a very clever man...I enjoy reading a lot of your posts.
I just thought you were a bit hypocritical yesterday grouping all Brits together as arrogant with a superior attitude.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

They're too hardcore. I mean really bad. You just have to google Eid Slaughter to see for yourself. I was in Cairo one Eid and I saw it first hand in the outskirts of the city, blood literally running in the gutters and bloody hand prints all over cars etc. It was medieval.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:09 pm

eddie wrote:I voted leave too?? scratch

Why compare his name to the National Front then? That implies you think he's associated with those people and by association so is everyone else who supported his Leave campaign. That's what it looked like.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:I voted leave too?? scratch

Why compare his name to the National Front then?   That implies you think he's associated with those people and by association so is everyone else who supported his Leave campaign.   That's what it looked like.  

It was just a joke and that's why I said it was unfortunate?
Come on Horatio, you've read my many posts about how the word "racist" is thrown around cheaply like a street store brand. I've never said Farage was racist. I don't like him much mind.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:54 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They're too hardcore.   I mean really bad.  You just have to google Eid Slaughter to see for yourself.  I was in Cairo one Eid and I saw it first hand in the outskirts of the city, blood literally running in the gutters and bloody hand prints all over cars etc.   It was medieval.

Disgusting pigs.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

They're too hardcore.   I mean really bad.  You just have to google Eid Slaughter to see for yourself.  I was in Cairo one Eid and I saw it first hand in the outskirts of the city, blood literally running in the gutters and bloody hand prints all over cars etc.   It was medieval.

Disgusting pigs.

I see that SM has compared that kind of slaughter with any slaughter of animals on the Eid thread. I don't agree. British slaughter houses stun the animals first, if they don't they get prosecuted. I'm tempted to post the photo I saw of a camel being slashed on the neck with a machete, the wound was about four feet long and the animal was screaming as it tried to escape. How one can compare that to what they do in a slaughterhouse, I have no idea. I guess it's de rigueur in Halal slaughterhouses. Vets say unstunned cattle take from 20 seconds to lose consciousness, sheep six or seven seconds and poultry seven or eight seconds, but all these times can be far longer. One can only imagine the screaming that must go on. However, I read somewhere that some halal slaughterhouses do now use stunning as part of the killing process.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3248041/Muslims-world-gather-sacrifice-cattle-celebration-Eid-al-Adha-festival-families-look-on.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Syl wrote:

I disagree that Brits expect special treatment off anyone. I don't see it in RL ...in fact I don't see the them v us that seems to permeate through this forum anywhere else.
Granted I joined after all the gauntlets had been thrown down and probably don't 'get' a lot of it....but I do see what I see...and I see an awful lot of generalising about "us Brits"....and I see an awful lot of rejoicing when iyo we get it wrong.

And Quill....you are the biggest braggart on here, so to accuse us of feeling superior is a bit much. Laughing

'the Brits' is this specific gang of xenophobes. they invaded this multicultural international forum and proceeded to spout the most ignorant insulated xenophobic propaganda I had ever seen outside of a historical context (or redneck USA)

the great Irony being their biggest complaint is Immigrants that come over and not knowing and following every little nuisance of the culture. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You should be welcoming Brits as you're so keen on multiculturalism. After all, a couple of Americans, Aussies, and one Scot isn't really representative of a "multicultural international forum". Laughing

We had Captian Jane Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and we used to have Cambodian poster too and more Americans
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:00 am

Nigel Farage Resigns  - Page 3 WNqUFSS
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:15 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We had Captian Jane Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and we used to have Cambodian poster too and more Americans

No offence to Jane, but she doesn't exactly debate many issues. More Americans doesn't make it multicultural. I'm sure the Cambodian made a huge difference. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3