NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unhappy right-wing Tory urges extension of bedroom tax to include pensioners

2 posters

Go down

Unhappy right-wing Tory urges extension of bedroom tax to include pensioners Empty Unhappy right-wing Tory urges extension of bedroom tax to include pensioners

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:48 pm

A right-wing Tory politician has said that the controversial bedroom tax should be extended to include pensioners within its net.

Julian Brazier, MP for Canterbury, has claimed he is unhappy that pensioners are exempt from the widely ridiculed under-occupancy policy, and that such a move would "free up accommodation for young families".

The divisive tax - which sees those deemed to be under-occupying their homes by having spare bedrooms docked up to 25% of their housing benefit - currently only applies to those in social housing who are below pensionable age.

http://www.24dash.com/news/central_government/2014-01-08-unhappy-right-wing-tory-urges-extension-of-bedroom-tax-to-include-pensioners

This is what lurks below the surface of some Tories and given the chance of a mandate to govern again in 2015 that may just be what will happen. What an evil shower of gits they are and it's no real surprise that the have been dubbed the nasty party.

Get them out

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Unhappy right-wing Tory urges extension of bedroom tax to include pensioners Empty Re: Unhappy right-wing Tory urges extension of bedroom tax to include pensioners

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 pm

How the hell can it free anything up when they haven't got smaller places for those already affected! Up the bloody revolution, toss pots.

Back to top Go down

Unhappy right-wing Tory urges extension of bedroom tax to include pensioners Empty Re: Unhappy right-wing Tory urges extension of bedroom tax to include pensioners

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Well it will suit them...poorer pensioners dieing on the streets, while the big fat cats sit there smirking.....truely evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:43 pm

Government by the establishment, for the establishment, with followers who are too thick to realise they are not the establishment and they are being used as pawns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:54 pm

What a sleazeball, as if the worry of what lies ahead at old age as well as physical problems and trying to keep warm and eat are not enough,this clown also wants to persecute OAP's by adding the worry of the unwanted and ridiculous bedroom tax...

Aye,melt there last wee while left be in fear of the government and their bedroom tax..

And before anyone says they can move house,the strain of that alone would be enough to send many a frail pensioner into hospital ...or worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Joy Division wrote:What a sleazeball, as if the worry of what lies ahead at old age as well as physical problems and trying to keep warm and eat are not enough,this clown also wants to persecute OAP's by adding the worry of the unwanted and ridiculous bedroom tax...

Aye,melt there last wee while left be in fear of the government and their bedroom tax..

And before anyone says they can move house,the strain of that alone would be enough to send many a frail pensioner into hospital ...or worse.

......And how can they afford the removal expenses?  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:What a sleazeball, as if the worry of what lies ahead at old age as well as physical problems and trying to keep warm and eat are not enough,this clown also wants to persecute OAP's by adding the worry of the unwanted and ridiculous bedroom tax...

......And how can they afford the removal expenses?  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

That's a good point Phil, but the stress of moving at that age would be immense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Catman wrote:

Charity I would think. It's the Tory way.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

That's a good point Phil, but the stress of moving at that age would be immense.

Agreed Joy, even at my age it took me months to get over moving and even though the house we are in now is not perfect for me, having very difficult winding stairs, I would not even consider moving again because of the stresses involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Catman wrote:

..it certainly is Irn, and there are thousands of families who can testify to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Catman wrote:

What charities would pay for removal expenses?

Back to top Go down

Sassy wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Agreed Joy, even at my age it took me months to get over moving and even though the house we are in now is not perfect for me, having very difficult winding stairs, I would not even consider moving again because of the stresses involved.

Sassy,MP it went right out of my head that you had moved recently, your testament to that Indeed!

Last edited by Joy Division on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How would a poor pensioner find out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Catman wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

I think Irn means it akin to the amount of foodbanks Phil !

That would be the Tory answer...rely on charity as you ain't getting help from us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Sassy,MIT went right out of my head that you had mobbed recently, your testament to that Indeed!

Moved a year ago, and two years previous to that. The first time was tiring enough, last year it was exhausting. Even thinking about it becomes more difficult each year that goes by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

That would be the Tory answer...rely on charity as you ain't getting help from us.

That's it JD. They don't care.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Do you think that people will turn a blind eye to those people that will be dying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Catman wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Do you think that people will turn a blind eye to those people that will be dying?

They won't Phil but the government, the forelock tuggers and the cap doffers would like people to do just that and sweep it all under the carpet. They're not getting away with that though - no chance.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Catman wrote:

They won't Phil but the government, the forelock tuggers and the cap doffers would like people to do just that and sweep it all under the carpet. They're not getting away with that though - no chance.

Wasn't it George Osborne that said that 2014 would be the year of hard truths?

....Like people starving or freezing to death, living hand to mouth on the streets...A continuation of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting even more poorer.

...Something has to give, this cannot be allowed to continue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Catman wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

....Like people starving or freezing to death, living hand to mouth on the streets...A continuation of the rich getting richer, and the poor getting even more poorer.

I expect the LibDems to jump ship towards the end of the year and then they'll both be like rats in a sack fighting over whatever credits they want to claim and dumping the blame on the other lot for all the negatives. To be fair the LibDems have kept the Tories in check on some issues but I would think that Clegg will have a hard time from those who voted for his party last time.

Just my opinion of course.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Catman wrote:

I expect the LibDems to jump ship towards the end of the year and then they'll both be like rats in a sack fighting over whatever credits they want to claim and dumping the blame on the other lot for all the negatives. To be fair the LibDems have kept the Tories in check on some issues but I would think that Clegg will have a hard time from those who voted for his party last time.

Just my opinion of course.

TBF....I think that the Liberals will dump him in the end, i think that Labour are waking up to the fact that we might, fall just short, of an overall majority at the next GE and some overtures, have been made to them.

It would make me puke if Labour did a deal with them, imo, they should be looking towards the Greens etc....other smaller parties to form a coalition with....I don't think that they would entertain Clegg though, if we had to do a deal with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:44 pm

....Isn't Vince Cable in the frame for their next leader?

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:56 pm

I don't accept the word tax in this context but if I did isn't tax what you like to do???

I thought you wanted punitive taxes.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down