NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rancher saves Fukushima's Radioactive Cows!

5 posters

Go down

Rancher saves Fukushima's Radioactive Cows! Empty Rancher saves Fukushima's Radioactive Cows!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:50 pm

Defying Japan, Rancher Saves Fukushima’s Radioactive Cows

AMIE, Japan — His may be one of the world’s more quixotic protests.

Angered by what he considers the Japanese government’s attempts to sweep away the inconvenient truths of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, Masami Yoshizawa has moved back to his ranch in the radioactive no-man’s land surrounding the devastated plant. He has no neighbors, but plenty of company: hundreds of abandoned cows he has vowed to protect from the government’s kill order.

A large bulldozer — meant to keep out agricultural officials — stands at the entrance to the newly renamed Ranch of Hope like a silent sentinel, guarding a driveway lined with bleached cattle bones and handwritten protest signs.

“Let the Cows of Hope Live!” says one. Another, written on a yellow-painted cow skull, declares: “Nuclear Rebellion!” Inside the now overcrowded ranch, bellowing cows spill from the overflowing cattle sheds into the well-worn pasture, and even trample the yard of the warmly lit farmhouse.

“These cows are living testimony to the human folly here in Fukushima,” said Mr. Yoshizawa, 59, a gruff but eloquent man with a history of protest against his government. “The government wants to kill them because it wants to erase what happened here, and lure Japan back to its pre-accident nuclear status quo. I am not going to let them.”

Full story at: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/world/asia/defying-japan-rancher-saves-fukushimas-radioactive-cows.html?_r=0

His story is amazing, he is still rescuing them! What a way to protest.

Back to top Go down

Rancher saves Fukushima's Radioactive Cows! Empty Re: Rancher saves Fukushima's Radioactive Cows!

Post by veya_victaous Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:57 pm

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Rancher saves Fukushima's Radioactive Cows! Empty Re: Rancher saves Fukushima's Radioactive Cows!

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:31 am

Think of the kool leather jackets?  Women's shoes?  Purses?  Glow in the dark backpacks?  Dog collars. And ornate cowboy boots.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:42 am

Screw that -- glow-in-the-dark cheeseburgers!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:57 am

Buffalo chips and meadow muffins could replace fireworks.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:02 am

Yikes.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Nice story. Good to know there are still some people who'll stand up to governments and do the right thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:23 am

Video game geek here. I was thinking of the scene in Destroy All Humans where you can use the radioactive cows as bombs....

I'll go back to my games now.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am

jaded fox wrote:Video game geek here. I was thinking of the scene in Destroy All Humans where you can use the radioactive cows as bombs....

I'll go back to my games now.

Yeah, Jaded!!!! Woo-hoo, she's even posting. :D Nice to see you. You are the jaded from Shortnews, right? That's a pretty unique username.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by jaded fox Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:16 pm

Yep, it's the one from shortnews. Finally got the messages.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:20 pm

::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down