NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work

Go down

‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work Empty ‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:17 am

A radioactive man, who has been told not to be in close proximity with other people, has been found ‘fit for work’ by government officials.

Peter Foley, 54, from Wakefield in West Yorkshire, was stripped of his sickness benefits by officials from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), despite being banned from standing in queues at his local Jobcentre.

Mr Foley is undergoing radioiodine treatment for an overactive thyroid, which means that his body gives off radiation that could be harmful to other people.

The treatment has led to an alteration in Mr Foley’s brain chemistry, leading to depression, anxiety and involuntary tremors. Mr Foley says the experience of having his benefits removed had a detrimental effect on his health and worsened his symptoms.

Mr Foley told the Wakefield Express: “I am amazed that the DWP decided I am fit for work, even though I am radioactive because of the radioiodine treatment I’m having.

“I’m not allowed near anyone, or on public transport and yet they say I should go to work. I wasn’t even allowed to stand in the queue at the job centre as I had to tell them about my condition. I had to fill in the paperwork in the doorway.

“I have been unable to work because of my overactive thyroid for around five months now.

“The condition has altered my brain chemistry and it gives me terrible tremors and severe depression and anxiety and this situation is just making it worse.”

Intervention from the Wakefield Express has resulted in Mr Foley’s Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) being reinstated.

His daughter Samantha Foley said: “I can’t thank the Express enough. I’m so pleased the DWP have changed their minds and given my dad the back pay he was owed.

“It was absolutely ridiculous and a huge worry for us.”

A spokesperson for the DWP said: “For someone to claim benefits they need to provide evidence to back up their claim.

“Mr Foley has now provided additional information and has been awarded Employment and Support Allowance.”

His ESA payments have been backdated.

http://www.welfareweekly.com/radioactive-man-found-fit-for-work/

If the paper hadn't stepped in he'd still be fighting it.

Back to top Go down

‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work Empty Re: ‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Haha...Radioactive man ready for work on Monday morning...

‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work Radioactive+man

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work Empty Re: ‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

I wish I could say it was funny for the man involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:59 pm

‘Radioactive’ Man Found Fit For Work CAzsbmxWYAEf4on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down