NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!

+2
Cass
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  Empty Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:04 pm

You've probably boxed them up and tossed them in the attic. But you may want to get back up there and find them, because surprisingly they could be worth a whole lot of money! It turns out that there are rare editions of Disney movies. One of the most valuable Disney VHS tapes is Beauty and the Beast. They have sold for as much as $10,000 on eBay!

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  V0q39-disney-vhs-1

Apparently there are collectors out there who greatly value these old VHS gems, and certain editions are considered gold. Unusual artwork, rare defects and limited-edition VHS tapes are all considered valuable. One such feature is the black diamond on the VHS case reading “Disney Classics.” This stands for a certain edition of the VHS. Just having this logo on the tape can bring up to $250 bucks.

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  403db-disney-vhs-2

Some tapes might have the black diamond along with "A Walt Disney Classic" and Disney's signature. These can be worth thousands, condition pending. There was an edition of The Little Mermaid which sold for a whopping $6,000! It featured artwork, which later actually became banned. A palace turret was apparently said to appear too rude looking so they replaced the artwork.

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  3zb3y-disney-vhs-3

Later editions of the VHS "Beauty and the Beast" did not have the song "Human Again" as it was cut. Another high dollar gem.
So if you haven't yet unloaded your VHS Disney tapes at a garage sale or thrift store, then start digging them back up and see if you strike any gold!

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1541/Go-Find-Your-Old-Disney-VHS-Tapes-They-Could-Be-Worth-A-Fortune-#AwLVisOVg0AmtVxj.99

Back to top Go down

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  Empty Re: Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!

Post by eddie Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Wow.
I wish I didn't chuck things away. No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  Empty Re: Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:16 pm

I know my younger sister had a bunch of these. I've got her emptying the closets Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:21 pm

We had pretty much the complete collection, but we just gave them away or dumped them when we moved to the US as they wouldn't work over here and to be honest, the boys wore them out.

Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  2187004795
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:10 am

I took loads of them doewn to the skip at the recyling centre about 6 months ago. Boo Hoo
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:33 am

Holy shit, my sister found her copy of "Beauty and the Beast," and it's a Black Diamond edition.

That's currently listed as high as $17,000 on eBay. With that kind of money she could pay off the debt she owes her college right now, plus get a decent-running car.

So Didge, thanks for posting this, you probably just changed her life.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:49 am

that is awesome ben hope she gets top dollar Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  1399249160 fiesta
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:10 am

Laughing

AS LONG AS their tapes are still in "mint" or "good" condition, of course...

A lot of tapes have probably been ''watched to death" by now..

Probably also a lot of people out there wishing they had taken better care of their old VHS tapes ?      

cyclops
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:22 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Holy shit, my sister found her copy of "Beauty and the Beast," and it's a Black Diamond edition.

That's currently listed as high as $17,000 on eBay. With that kind of money she could pay off the debt she owes her college right now, plus get a decent-running car.

Seriously? OH MY GOD!!! I am so happy for her!
cheers cheers cheers Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  1399249160 Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  1399249160 Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  1399249160
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:48 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Holy shit, my sister found her copy of "Beauty and the Beast," and it's a Black Diamond edition.

Seriously? OH MY GOD!!! I am so happy for her!
cheers cheers cheers Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  1399249160 Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  1399249160 Go Find Your Old Disney VHS Tapes, They Could Be Worth A Fortune!  1399249160

Thanks! I will say, times have been pretty rough for her lately. This could really change things.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:55 am

No problem Ben and it sounds like she really could do with the money, so that really has made my day.
But when you think about it, its really down to you that has changed her life, as without this forum, i would have not been here and not have posted the link, so you certainly derserve the credit for that to.
 She must have been over the moon... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:58 am

Paul Ettinger wrote:

No problem Ben and it sounds like she really could do with the money, so that really has made my day.
But when you think about it, its really down to you that has changed her life, as without this forum, i would have not been here and not have posted the link, so you certainly derserve the credit for that to.
 She must have been over the moon... Smile

She really is. But all credit to you, and I'm glad it made your day!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:18 pm

And you told her??!

You should've stole it in the middle of the night..... Suspect

Let us know if she sells it and how much she got. If it's a few thousand tell her I send my bestest regards....etc etc Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Just a follow up, to see Ben if your sister ended up with a good sale on the net for the Video?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Didge wrote:Just a follow up, to see Ben if your sister ended up with a good sale on the net for the Video?

She’s waiting to see if any of the really high-priced tapes sell before jumping in, but she’s ready to list it!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:Just a follow up, to see Ben if your sister ended up with a good sale on the net for the Video?

She’s waiting to see if any of the really high-priced tapes sell before jumping in, but she’s ready to list it!

Cool lets us know how she gets on.
Bet she is on tender hooks?
Hope she rakes the money in and is able to have a financially struggle free life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down