NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?

3 posters

Go down

COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?  Empty COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:51 pm

Family Says Parrot Is Key Witness in Man's Murder
Loren Rogers | 05 June, 2016,
A MI murder case has taken a freaky turn as the murder victim's family believes a parrot is repeating the words it heard before their son was shot and killed, television station WOOD-TV reported.
The 45-year-old's wife, Glenna, survived a gunshot would to the head and, according to police, has denied shooting her husband.
After the shooting, Glenna told police she did not remember the day leading up to what happened, but stressed that she did not kill her husband.
While Duram's parents acknowledge that the parrot could never put forth as evidence, they believe there should already be enough to charge Glenna with murder, yet no charges have been laid.
In a video of the parrot, the family says the bird mimicked both Duram and his wife, Glenna, switching voices during the alleged incident.
"I personally think he was there and he remembers it and he was saying it", Charles Durham added.
Now, Michigan State Police reports obtained by 24 Hour News 8 under the Freedom of Information Act list the wife as a suspect, suggesting she tried to pull off a murder-suicide.
"That bird picks up everything and anything, and it's got the filthiest mouth around", Martin Duram's mother Lillian Duram told WOOD.
Her in-laws, however, finger Duram as the killer and say the parrot can prove her guilt.
Police records show an unidentified person asked a detective whether Bud could be used as evidence, but there is no mention of whether the detective responded, according to ClickOnDetroit.com.
Newaygo County Prosecutor Robert Springstead tells local media that the decision on whether to press charges will be made in the next couple weeks.
"Then, all of a sudden, this came out of the bird's mouth", said Charles Duram, the victim's father. They said she left three suicide notes, and that the gun belonged to the family.
"It's definitely an argument between a man and a woman", she said after watching the video. That's the dilemma MI police department might be facing right now.
"In my mind, it's something that he's heard, definitely heard before", Plotkowski said. "When the investigation is done, I like to be satisfied there's proof beyond a reasonable doubt."
http://investmentunderground.com/2016/06/family-says-parrot-is-key-witness-in-mans-murder/ 

Well, alrighty ...group; don't say we can't find something 'ODD & BIZARRE' in this crime scene to nit-pick over!

So what say you one and all; this isn't in any way going to be allowed or this is plausible and something that might be allowed into evidence? COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?  2190311264

Back to top Go down

COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?  Empty Re: COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:02 pm

probably NOT allowed into evidence...since as a general rule parrots need to hear something a number of times befor repeating it, rarely they may repeat something said once , if it is said with sufficient emphasis....

It shouldnt be "evidence" but is could reasonably be used as reason for the police to follow that line of enquiry.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?  Empty Re: COULD 'BUD' THE PARROT BE A TRUSTED WITNESS?

Post by eddie Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:11 pm

I've watched the video and I simply cannot make out what the bird is saying?!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:23 pm

eddie wrote:I've watched the video and I simply cannot make out what the bird is saying?!

I used to have that trouble down the pub......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:24 pm

eddie wrote:I've watched the video and I simply cannot make out what the bird is saying?!

That's because of the **BAD WORD** censor keeps beeping out the word; but the parrot is saying 'don't F'n shoot'

LordFoul - No, not all of the parrots we've had to bring into our rescue center were slow to learn new words!  There were several so sharp and quick to pick up names of people/dogs other parrots that they'd be shouting at each other from across the room within hours! 

It became impossible to hear and god forbid if you were on the phone and they started cussing at each other - Embarassed  We'd have to take a message and go outside to call the person back --- some times it was very embarrassing what local church groups were trying to bring in donations and those birds were going at it - putting a blanket over them wouldn't always SHUT THEM UP EITHER. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Well the parrot just saying "don't fucking shoot" could've come from a film that they'd recently been watching I guess - I know it's being said that the voice was an imitation but.....sketchy evidence to say the least.

It's a pity that the parrot didn't "quote" more of what was apparently said.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:29 pm

If the parrot had heard Bob Marley sing, I Shot the Sheriff, could his owner get off on a self-defense plea?  

Perhaps, but he could not use the plea for the undersheriff.  Legally, you have to first admit the shooting before pleading self-defense.  As the parrot informs, I did not shoot the deputy!

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:Perhaps a TV show.  If the parrot had heard Bob Marley sing, I Shot the Sheriff, could his owner get off on a self-defense plea?  

Perhaps, but he could not use the plea for the deputy.  You have to first admit the shooting before pleading self-defense.  As the parrot informs, I did not shoot the deputy!

Not bad quill lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down