NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Do People Trust The Police?"

5 posters

Go down

"Do People Trust The Police?" Empty "Do People Trust The Police?"

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:42 am

9th January 2014

I'm not asking that question.

That's the question Sky News are asking today.

Not how can we get rid of these criminals from our streets, should we shoot more gang leaders, wasn't that a great result.

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

"Do People Trust The Police?" Empty Re: "Do People Trust The Police?"

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:31 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:9th January 2014

I'm not asking that question.

That's the question Sky News are asking today.

Not how can we get rid of these criminals from our streets, should we shoot more gang leaders, wasn't that a great result.

Please discuss.

Yes I do trust the police.

They deal with scum everyday.

The police are brilliant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Tell that to the people of Hillsborough and all the other places where they have been police scandals and corruption.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Sassy wrote:Tell that to the people of Hillsborough and all the other places where they have been police scandals and corruption.

No.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Didn't think you'd be brave enough, you'd be lynched.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Sassy wrote:Didn't think you'd be brave enough, you'd be lynched.

Well seeing Hillsborough is quite a long way from where I am at the moment,I don't think I'll bother.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Up to a point. Often they take the easy option and refuse to be involved in anything that could be construed as racist. Hence our problem now with no go areas and gang land mentality. It has been developing for years thirty plus in some cases.

Time now to stop being nice and start policing. Taking the example of New York maybe a good place to start.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:Didn't think you'd be brave enough, you'd be lynched.

Well seeing Hillsborough is quite a long way from where I am at the moment,I don't think I'll bother.

Certainly don't blame you. Going to Hillsborough and telling them the police are trustworthy wouldn't be a very clever thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:14 pm

gerber wrote:Up to a point.  Often they take the easy option and refuse to be involved in anything that could be construed as racist.  Hence our problem now with no go areas and gang land mentality.  It has been developing for years thirty plus in some cases.

Time now to stop being nice and start policing.  Taking the example of New York maybe a good place to start.

Agreed Gerber but as long as we have lefties in position of power the police will never be able to police properly & that includes whether they act within the law or out of it.That's because the lefties hate the police......but they need them.Weird situation I know but that's the mixed up mindset of lefties,particularly those with power.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Certainly don't blame you.   Going to Hillsborough and telling them the police are trustworthy wouldn't be a very clever thing to do.

But it would be the truth though...even in Hillsborough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Certainly don't blame you.   Going to Hillsborough and telling them the police are trustworthy wouldn't be a very clever thing to do.

Oh bless you, given me the biggest laugh of the week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Oh bless you, given me the biggest laugh of the week.

I thought that was when you dropped your coffee.......you know,when you were lying again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Sassy wrote:Tell that to the people of Hillsborough and all the other places where they have been police scandals and corruption.

Every. Single. Group. Has it's collection of bad apples.
Demonizing the police over the actions of the corrupt is stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Excellent point just with many things in society, there are always some bad apples and even though I think Mark Duggan was wrongfully killed, many Police do an upstanding job day in, day out, I doubt many could put up with the shit they deal with daily!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:44 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:

Excellent point just with many things in society, there are always some bad apples and even though I think Mark Duggan was wrongfully killed, many Police do an upstanding job day in, day out, I doubt many could put up with the shit they deal with daily!  

Hi Didge hope all is well.

Tell me if im wrong but wasnt Mark Duggan a drug dealer and didnt the police find a gun with him at the time of shooting? As Queenie said there are bad people in all walks if life and they do deal with a lot crap.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:47 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Hi Didge hope all is well.

Tell me if im wrong but wasnt Mark Duggan a drug dealer and didnt the police find a gun with him at the time of shooting? As Queenie said there are bad people in all walks if life and they do deal with a lot crap.

Hi Sexy

He was a criminal of that there is no denying, but does that mean we should shoot all criminals?
My view is the cops got it wrong here, hence to me unlawful shooting.

I agree the Police do put up with loads of crap why I have a high regard for them and hence why I am not choosing to say all are wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Fair enough.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:04 pm

It amazes me how bloodthirsty some people are. Last year in Florida, a 19-year-old man was caught by police spray-painting graffiti on an abandoned McDonald's. He ran, and they shot him dead.

If you looked at the comments section of the articles about it, there were tons of people celebrating the death of this "thug" and praising the police for making the streets safer. Yes, now abandoned McDonalds' buildings don't have to live in fear any more ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It amazes me how bloodthirsty some people are. Last year in Florida, a 19-year-old man was caught by police spray-painting graffiti on an abandoned McDonald's. He ran, and they shot him dead.

If you looked at the comments section of the articles about it, there were tons of people celebrating the death of this "thug" and praising the police for making the streets safer. Yes, now abandoned McDonalds' buildings don't have to live in fear any more ...

lol! 

That did make me chuckle your last point, well said Ben and bang on the money!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Thanks, Phil. Also makes me think of the case of Trayvon Martin. Many people here in the U.S. tried to argue that Martin didn't get good grades, that he smoked pot, blah blah blah.

Apparently we should start gunning down kids who smoke pot and don't exceed expectations in their studies. At least the one who are black are thugs wear hoodies.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It amazes me how bloodthirsty some people are. Last year in Florida, a 19-year-old man was caught by police spray-painting graffiti on an abandoned McDonald's. He ran, and they shot him dead.

Hello Ben

There is a world of difference between a graffiti artist and a drug dealer dont you think?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Thanks, Phil. Also makes me think of the case of Trayvon Martin. Many people here in the U.S. tried to argue that Martin didn't get good grades, that he smoked pot, blah blah blah.

Apparently we should start gunning down kids who smoke pot and don't exceed expectations in their studies. At least the one who are black are thugs wear hoodies.

Very much agree with your points, the point that really annoys me is the fact that the victim is black and has been criminal. The point is on that person being black and not that he is criminal of why it creates so much attention because would they deem it right if the victim was white and criminal? This is the sad part of it that those with racial stereotypes of black people have such a poor views of black people in general as if they are all criminals, which I find appalling!

The TM case was an injustice to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Its not about the skin colour its about what he was. The police messed up but he wasnt an innocent victim.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 pm

true but....what about the poor old blind guy the cops tasered (i know it wasnt lethal, but its nasty). their excuse.....In GOOD light conditions, they mistook his white cane for a sword....should have gone to specsavers ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:08 pm

grumpy old git wrote:true but....what about the poor old blind guy the cops tasered (i know it wasnt lethal, but its nasty). their excuse.....In GOOD light conditions, they mistook his white cane for a sword....should have gone to specsavers ://?roflmao?/: 

Yes that was terrible. Its no laughing matter  Shocked 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Its not just corruption is it, I really dont think there is a LOT of "corrupt" (bad ) police about, a few, inevitably, but thats not new, the biggest problem I think is there are a larger (but still quite small) number of incompetent policemen around. In fact its an obvious point, given reports like the one I just quoted, and really THAT is perhaps more worrying.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:10 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
grumpy old git wrote:true but....what about the poor old blind guy the cops tasered (i know it wasnt lethal, but its nasty). their excuse.....In GOOD light conditions, they mistook his white cane for a sword....should have gone to specsavers ://?roflmao?/: 

Sexy, I feel for the poor old chap, I really do, but the whole thing has a "keystone cops" air about it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:11 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Sexy, I feel for the poor old chap, I really do, but the whole thing has a "keystone cops" air about it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:11 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Its not about the skin colour its about what he was. The police messed up but he wasnt an innocent victim.

But it is to some people, you only have to look across the water to see how some revel in the fact he was black!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Its not about the skin colour its about what he was. The police messed up but he wasnt an innocent victim.

But it is to some people, you only have to look across the water to see how some revel in the fact he was black!

Mr Didge

This is not about skin colour as has been pointed out on many tweets, posts, comment boards - he was not entirely black. The ( His ) community are making the most of it they are the ones playing the black ace.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:52 pm

gerber wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Mr Didge

This is not about skin colour as has been pointed out on many tweets, posts, comment boards -  he was not entirely black.  The ( His )  community are making the most of it they are the ones playing the black ace.

Mrs Gerber

To some people it is, not you but others, that make a point because the person is black, as if black people are all wrong, have seen this time and again, the same people who argue that blacks are more criminally minded or will commit crimes, the same who deep down think they are inferior!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:59 pm

You get good and bad in every race colour and creed.
The point is the riots caused havoc and what for? He wasn't an innocent victim was he?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
gerber wrote:

Mr Didge

This is not about skin colour as has been pointed out on many tweets, posts, comment boards -  he was not entirely black.  The ( His )  community are making the most of it they are the ones playing the black ace.

Mrs Gerber

To some people it is, not you but others, that make a point because the person is black, as if black people are all wrong, have seen this time and again, the same people who argue that blacks are more criminally minded or will commit crimes, the same who deep down think they are inferior!

Mr Didge

There are a certain group in society that play the black ace every time and are the hard done too, down trodden, police stop me all the time for no reason and I have to let the media know, I have been overlooked in education ' cause I have been told so.................

And my name in real time is Lady Godiva
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:You get good and bad in every race colour and creed.
The point is the riots caused havoc and what for? He wasn't an innocent victim was he?

Can I actually say what they achieved ?

Maybe............

Perhaps I will take a thinking break before I post
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 pm

gerber wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Mrs Gerber

Mr Didge

There are a certain group in society that play the black ace every time and are the hard done too,  down trodden, police stop me all the time for no reason and I have to let the media know, I have been overlooked in education ' cause I have been told so.................

And my name in real time is Lady Godiva

Mrs Gerber

i am not denying that some play the race card and play on it badly, this is not the point I am making though is it and you know exactly of the kind of people I am talking about who will perceive to look to anything to bash black people over with.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07 pm

gerber wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:You get good and bad in every race colour and creed.

Maybe............

Please do.....

Lol good to 'see' you here Gerbs.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:20 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
gerber wrote:

Maybe............

Please do.....

Lol good to 'see' you here Gerbs.

How to get banned on second visit. Been nice, see you all soon I hope. HOM speak soon

here goes................

The sales are still on, the weather is bad, no new summer stock in the shops. No point of rioting, cause and effect - looting............
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:13 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:Hello Ben

There is a world of difference between a graffiti artist and a drug dealer dont you think?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't see a big difference between a graffiti artist and your average neighborhood hippie who sells pot and doesn't accept underage customers.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:17 am

Oh, also -- the point is not innocence or guilt, here. The point is, did someone do something worthy of being shot to death. How can some people not see that?

I don't care if you've just been pulled over for speeding, you're the biggest drug dealer in your city, have a car full of guns and you're peddling illegal porn on the side ... if you don't threaten police or bystanders, you deserve to be arrested, not executed.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:22 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, also -- the point is not innocence or guilt, here. The point is, did someone do something worthy of being shot to death. How can some people not see that?

I don't care if you've just been pulled over for speeding, you're the biggest drug dealer in your city, have a car full of guns and you're peddling illegal porn on the side ... if you don't threaten police or bystanders, you deserve to be arrested, not executed.

I'm amazed (well, maybe I'm not) that people think it is ok to kill someone in cold blood whatever they are.   Andy brought up that the police only have to prove they thought their lives were in danger.   With what?   Pointy fingers?   And frankly, as the gun had to have been planted, it could not have been in that particular place any other way, I think they had every intention of killing him.   Now, I don't want a police force that thinks it ok to kill anyone they please, and if people are too stupid to see where they could lead, they deserve the consequences of their thinking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:26 am

You're all talking about the wrong thing to be honest.

Yes I think I've probably said - he's a gangster - tough poo poo.

But the legal question in this case is "did the policeman think his or somebody elses life was in danger?".

Not - did he shoot him cos he's a gangster or did he deserve it or woz it cuz he's blick.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:27 am

to answer the Original Question
NO
If you trust police you obviosuly never had to deal with them
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:Hello Ben

Maybe, maybe not. I don't see a big difference between a graffiti artist and your average neighborhood hippie who sells pot and doesn't accept underage customers.

Most pot dealers I know would be more accurately described as thugs rather than hippies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:00 am

veya_victaous wrote:to answer the Original Question
NO
If you trust police you obviosuly never had to deal with them

I've dealt with the Guards before and I've never had any issue with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:32 am

@QoH
But Every drug dealer I know is More Honest that a Copper. Who can also often be described as a thug and a Gang Memeber.

People forget that for even 1 black market transaction to go smoothly both parties have to be honest and trustworthy. Consider the countless thousands of blackmarket transactions everyday, that would imply that most can be trusted.

Well Being Arrested when Innocent and having to go to court to prove it Sort of Colours my Opinion, if I wasnt Intelligent and Educated with quite a bit more money that I look like have (enough to go get a lawyer) I was going to be screwed over to make up numbers, Now there are plenty of poorer people that wont have $5000 lying around for a decent lawyer.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:57 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@QoH
But Every drug dealer I know is More Honest that a Copper. Who can also often be described as a thug and a Gang Memeber.
And the majority of Guards I know have been nothing but upstanding while the majority of drug dealers I know are nothing other than scum-bags.
veya_victaous wrote:
People forget that for even 1 black market transaction to go smoothly both parties have to be honest and trustworthy. Consider the countless thousands of blackmarket transactions everyday, that would imply that most can be trusted.
Not necessarily.
A drug dealer might do business honestly but still not hesitate to put you in hospital if they believe you slighted them.
Someone having a good business policy doesn't make them a saint.
veya_victaous wrote:
Well Being Arrested when Innocent and having to go to court to prove it Sort of Colours my Opinion,  if I wasnt Intelligent and Educated with quite a bit more money that I look like have (enough to go get a lawyer) I was going to be screwed over to make up numbers, Now there are plenty of poorer people that wont have $5000 lying around for a decent lawyer.
I highly doubt the entire police force arrested you.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 pm

if people say the gun was 20ft away,if the police wanted to "frame him" surely they would have put the gun nearer to him,they would have dropped it on the seat or on the floor of the car! not threw it 20ft away.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down