NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny

5 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny Empty Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 14, 2016 7:44 am

TWENTY SIX stitches has given Rabbitohs forward Jason Clark his 15 minutes of fame in the United States.

The South Sydney journeyman was forced from the field late in the first half of his team’s 22-20 comeback win over the Eels at Parramatta Stadium on Friday night after knocking heads with Eels’ rake Isaac De Gois.

The 26-year-old was taken from the field for immediate treatment after the sickening collision with De Gois while running a hit-up in the 35th minute.

While De Gois stayed on the field despite blood — either his or Clark’s — smeared across the left side of his face, Clark was taken into the away team’s dressing room to have a nasty cut running from his forehead down to his left eye stitched up.

He returned to the Rabbitohs’ bench in the second half and was reportedly ready to return to the field if needed.

Thankfully, Clark wasn’t needed and he was able to sit out the rest of his team’s two point victory with the sickening head cut closed up.

One photo of Clark’s Frankenstein’s monster-looking melon went viral online — even making its way onto the popular sports page on social news site reddit.com.

Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 742677c7cdf6289944279ed3bb0d9c09

Here’s the best of the comments:

— “Lol. Been hit in the head way too many times. Looks somewhat permanently concussed,” username lukearmac wrote.

— “Keep doing you Jason Clark!!! Don’t let the doctors and naysayers stop you from using your head,” username gobbledykook said.

— “Welcome to rugby, where the men are separated from the boys,” username cahmstr wrote.

— “Not much rugby in the US but damn love hearing s*** like this especially when our athletes miss games and weeks at a time for sore shoulder, pinky injury, thigh bruise lol. Grow some and look at this warrior,” username skillz90969 wrote.

— “He looks like he’s growing a baseball on his forehead,” username ClarkGriswold2 posted.

— “Honestly, Rugby players seem like a whole nother breed of man. Are you sure it was blood in the pic and not pure testosterone,” username AskmeaboutWoTMUD wrote.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny Empty Re: Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny

Post by eddie Sat May 14, 2016 10:04 am

He's a bad boy Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny Empty Re: Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 10:33 am

UGH...I hope he'll donate his brain to the study that's going on about Pro-Sports and brain damage; he's a perfect specimen for the study! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 14, 2016 10:45 am

albino

SAW Russell Crowe being interviewed on 'The Late Show' yesterday,  and presenting Stephen Colbert with with a bunnies' supporters cap...

(For all youse overseas foreigners types out there in Newsfixland, ol' Russ is the #1 shareholder in the South Sydney Rugby League team's ownership company..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 12:44 pm

What a bloody idiot who doesn't value his brain.  Hasn't he seen the research on what happens to a brain in a head collision?

This is just one:

https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~issues/articles/18.2_Lin_E_Butting_Heads.html

It isn't macho to ignore it, it's just bloody stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 14, 2016 1:22 pm

you're just a spoil sport sassy
Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 3201073460

I mean they aren't even allowed to punch each other anymore hasn't that wussified the game enough Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2190311264

The only thing Rugby league has going for it is the violence otherwise AFL is more interesting (as a New South Welshman I am not supposed to say that)

next thing you know we'll being playing a ladies sport like soccer Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2300614393
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Nah, not a spoil sport, just want them to have brains enough left to live a life when they aren't playing sport geek

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat May 14, 2016 2:10 pm

veya_victaous wrote:you're just a spoil sport sassy
Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 3201073460

I mean they aren't even allowed to punch each other anymore hasn't that wussified the game enough Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2190311264

The only thing Rugby league has going for it is the violence otherwise AFL is more interesting (as a New South Welshman I am not supposed to say that)

next thing you know we'll being playing a ladies sport like soccer Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2300614393
Is Aussie rules football still as violent? Used to be some spectacular punch ups  cheers
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 14, 2016 2:25 pm

they are trying to cut back on the punch ups in AFL too ... No No No

spoil sports worried about head injuries
Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2347854014
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 3:16 pm

veya_victaous wrote:they are trying to cut back on the punch ups in AFL too ... No No No

spoil sports worried about head injuries
Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2347854014
I'm proud of these young pro-sports players for putting their health and families over the mega bucks and huge contracts that have kept their idols locked into playing for far longer then they should have! 
I'll use my all time favorite pro-football team the RAIDERS as a prime example of how the need to 'STAY' in the game - the pressure from fellow players/staff/management/team doctors - all worked to keep those prized humans running like a well oiled machine until they just couldn't do it any longer.  Then once they quit; they were sent home to try and manage the head trauma/the non-stop pain/the confusion/the  PTSD type of mood swings and anti social reactions to their own families and these were still young men in their mid-40's. 
Some have had their families donate their brains to the foundation that has been doing the research for brain concussion and the families that weren't aware of the study because the NFL was trying to keep it under wraps --- well those families feel screwed twice over.

Retired NFL players don't get benefits to help with all of those medical problems that they obtain during their peak playing years - nor do they receive any drug rehab for those mega doping shots that were provide by the teams doctors --- just cut them lose - let them retire and let the families deal with the messed up human that gave the franchise all that the man could give.  
NFL Players Retiring In Prime Of Careers
July 30, 2015 4:50 AM
***edited to this section of the article >
“When I started there wasn’t a whole lot of awareness on concussions,” 40-year-old 49ers placekicker Phil Dawson said. “Now, guys are informed. The doctors are on top of it. I think it’s a good deal.”
Willis, San Francisco’s defensive captain and locker room leader, explained his tender size-13 feet “12½ when they’re bent” could no longer handle the grind of NFL practices, let alone the demands of game day. He had surgery on his left big toe, went on season-ending injured reserve on Nov. 11 after getting hurt at St. Louis on Oct. 13.
“I have no regrets. I’ve had the most amazing eight years of football of my life,” he said. Locker has returned to his roots in Washington state with his wife and two young children. Davis, the outspoken offensive lineman, left open returning if his body fully heals. Davis had been considering leaving for a few years, announcing his plans in a statement.
“This will be a time for me to allow my brain and body a chance to heal. I know many won’t understand my decision, that’s OK,” Davis said. “I hope you, too, have the courage to live your life how you planned it when day dreaming to yourself growing up. Your life is your dream and you have the power to control that dream. I’m simply doing what’s best for my body as well as my mental health at this time in my life.”
For veterans who have stayed healthy, thoughts of retirement might be far from their minds.
“When you have those things going for you, why not keep playing?” 38-year-old Raiders safety Charles Woodson said. “Even though you’ve got guys retiring, there’s a bunch of guys that would still love to be playing. For all of those guys that I’ve played with that tell me every year, ‘Keep going,’ because they would love to have this opportunity.”
Murray says the NFL shouldn’t be overly concerned about a dwindling talent pool.
“There will always be a demand for multi-million-dollar salaries and the glory that goes with playing NFL football,” he said.
Still, constant change is part of the business.
“Every man in here has the right to decide how long he wants to play. It’s his career,” Dawson said. “Whether it’s retirements, or injuries or trades or cuts or whatever the case may be, for those of us who are still here you’ve just got to come to work and do the best you can.”
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/07/30/nfl-players-retiring-in-prime-of-careers/
stepp'n off my soapbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat May 14, 2016 4:38 pm

pfffft....if the lefties had their way all that would be left for us is collecting manhole covers like their revered leader

but of course...only lightweight cardboard replicas for the hoi poloi.....mustnt risk having one dropped on ones tootsie must we....real ones are FAR too dangerous......

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Lord Foul wrote:pfffft....if the lefties had their way all that would be left for us is collecting manhole covers like their revered leader

but of course...only lightweight cardboard replicas for the hoi poloi.....mustnt risk having one dropped on ones tootsie must we....real ones are FAR too dangerous......

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Why, of course...how silly we empathic humans are; to be so concerned for those that entertain us - grunt & grind - take those body blows and suffer the long term head concussions and go home to their little kids as a twisted/angry/need for heavy medication human life form that those little kids just fear and wonder WTH is that man now? 

Naaaaa, don't you worry your little mind about 'US LEFTIES'...
you'll still get your blood sports; mankind has been having them since they've fed Christians to the lions Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2681620681

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 4:56 pm

I don't know how we managed to survive as a species without Health and Safety Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny Shocke10

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
pfffft....if the lefties had their way all that would be left for us is collecting manhole covers like their revered leader

Razz

YOU MUST have some pretty soft "lefties" in your neighbourhood, Victor !!!

Rugby League was invented by coal miners and factory workers in the 19th century, while the Toffs were off playing their Rugby Union;
Polocrosse was invented by Aussie farmworkers, while their bosses were competing at Polo..

I KNOW plenty of so-called "lefties" not only involved with football codes, martial arts and horseriding, but also in such other activities as rock climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, scuba diving, hang gliding, even shooting and archery -- all activities  'looked down on..'  by those cotton wool/pc crowd/helicopter mum groups !

"POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" doesn't recognise political boundaries in this corner of the world..       Football: who needs helmets? not this tough bunny 2300614393
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat May 14, 2016 5:25 pm

you have an ENTIRELY different species of lefty down your way

our lefties are
interfering
wussified
smug
self serving

hell they would remove ALL forms of competitive ANYTHING from schools...in case little johnny isnt as good as cecil and might suffer some form of psychological scar from that....

they are terrified of any form of sport that might teach someone how to defend themselves in case they become capable of resisting by force the constant attempts by the leftist bully boys to shoe horn everyone into their little grey suit.....

they claim there constant surrender to anyone and every institution that demands it is "strength"

take te common market

they would sooner roll over ...dismiss our sovereign parliament and surrender to germany (the de facto ruler of the EU) than stand up for our own...

and they call that strength....

they are prepared to live the lie that we can have ANY sort of influence in the EU if we stay and "get ever closer" when the truth is all that happens and all that WILL happen is that the eurocrats will ignore the elected representatives of the states within the eu and do as they like...

dont forget ...unlike federal america the EU is NOT run or controlled by the euro parliament...that is a lie and a joke....it is run, effectively, by the unelected dictators the EU commission....which does as it likes without reference to the parliament.....and will quite happily enact legislation without any form of consent from that parliament....

yup you are right wolfie

weak, soft, cowardly are but a few of the epithets that come to mind......

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2016 6:01 pm

you have an ENTIRELY different species of lefty down your way

our lefties are
interfering
wussified
smug
self serving

hell they would remove ALL forms of competitive ANYTHING from schools...in case little johnny isnt as good as cecil and might suffer some form of psychological scar from that....

they are terrified of any form of sport that might teach someone how to defend themselves in case they become capable of resisting by force the constant attempts by the leftist bully boys to shoe horn everyone into their little grey suit.....
See, how flipped our social order definitions are'?', you just clearly described the 'right-leaning hard wired conservatives' here in America! Laughing 
Every little boy & girl wins a ribbon - nobody goes home a loser and they all are 'HAPPY - HAPPY' until they have to get out in the REAL WORLD. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down