NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service

+2
nicko
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service Empty Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Prosecutors have received a file of evidence regarding the singer Sir Cliff Richard and allegations of historical sexual assault, the BBC has learned.

The Crown Prosecution Service said it will now make a decision as to whether to bring charges or not.
Sir Cliff, 75, was interviewed in 2014 and 2015 by South Yorkshire Police investigating a claim of a sex crime involving a young boy in the 1980s.

His spokesman has always said the allegations were "completely false".

A CPS spokesman said: ""We have received a full file of evidence from South Yorkshire Police.

"We will now carefully consider its contents in line with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, in order to establish whether there is sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction, and whether it is in the public interest to do so."

A South Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said: "Investigation files relating to allegations of non-recent sexual abuse involving a 75-year-old man have been handed over to the CPS.

"The CPS will now consider the matter and South Yorkshire Police awaits their decision."

Sir Cliff has been interviewed twice in connection with the allegations and has met officers voluntarily each time. He has never been arrested.

The first interview in August 2014 followed a high-profile police search of his home in Sunningdale, Berkshire. He was then reinterviewed in November 2015.

At the time, his spokesman said: "Other than restating that the allegations are completely false and that he will continue to co-operate fully with the police, it would not be appropriate for Sir Cliff to say anything further at this time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36261170

Innocent til proved guilty, but it's been on the cards for some time.

Back to top Go down

Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service Empty Re: Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Oh FFS. It was inevitable really. If they have real evidence, fine, but if they don't they owe him a big apology for harassing him just because he's famous.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service Empty Re: Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 5:14 pm

They send a prosecution to the CPS unless they have evidence.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Many "prosecutions" have been sent to the CPS AND MANY HAVE BEEN RETURNED!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 5:44 pm

And many haven't, and many are now in jail.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 10, 2016 5:44 pm

wHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO INFER?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 5:45 pm

What?   Read my post above 'Innocent til proved guilty, but it's been on the cards for some time.'

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 5:47 pm

nicko wrote:wHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO INFER?

Who? Sassy has made herself pretty clear.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm

People really need to move on from this shit.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 5:56 pm

What shit? It's an article in the media rags.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:People really need to move on from this shit.

I'm sure if you had been abused and it had destroyed your life and the perpetrator was still out there living the life of riley, you wouldn't think that.

Or would you like them to say, oh well, never mind, I forgive them.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Tell you what, you can all get stuffed as far as I care.

Bigoted, self important COLONISTS, no one outside of this so-called Forum gives a fuck about your opinions, take a good look around your own countries before putting down mine.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:04 pm

You are obviously in a bad mood Nicko and you even posted that on the wrong thread.   Go and have a cup of tea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:04 pm

sassy wrote:They send a prosecution to the CPS unless they have evidence.

They have sent a case file and are looking to see if there is enough evidence to prosecute, which means its on shaky grounds. As he would have been arrested ages ago, if there was clear cut evidence. This seems more to me the words of one against another.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 6:06 pm

nicko wrote:Tell you what, you can all get stuffed as far as I care.

Bigoted, self important  COLONISTS,   no one outside of this so-called Forum gives a fuck about your opinions,    take a good look around your own countries before putting down mine.

Wrong thread Nicko Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:07 pm

This seems more to me the words of one against another.

As it was against many who ae now in jail.   Rolf Harris etc

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 6:08 pm

Is there something I'm not understanding here?

Possible case of abuse so case is being looked into and investigated.

Why has it annoyed or upset some?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Because it's Cliff Richard and he's supposed to be pure and unsullied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:10 pm

eddie wrote:Is there something I'm not understanding here?

Possible case of abuse so case is being looked into and investigated.

Why has it annoyed or upset some?

I am not annoyed, bored with sassy's complete failure to understand the law, that is all
If he is guilty, then I will condemn him, but as far as i can see this is one person against another.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 6:11 pm

sassy wrote:Because it's Cliff Richard and he's supposed to be pure and unsullied.

Hahahaha yeah righto. Cos all paedos walk around with rain macs on.

Not that I'm saying he is. Innocent until proven etc
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 10, 2016 6:11 pm

South Yorkshire police are obviously bent (think Hillsborough) and unprofessional as this case has proven.
They tipped off the news  that they were about to raid Cliff Richards home, and he found out about it the same time everyone else did....on the news.
They interviewd him almost two years ago.....casting aspersions on his otherwise blameless life, the person who first made charges remains ingocnito, as do anyone else who has jumped on the bandwagon.

He has not been arrested or charged with any wrong doing, but his life has been in turmoil since August 2014. Shame that a mans character and career so brilliant for decades has ended so sadly....IF he is innocent....and so far everything seems to point in the direction that he is.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:15 pm

eddie wrote:What shit? It's an article in the media rags.

This stuff which might or might not have happened years and years ago.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 6:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:What shit? It's an article in the media rags.

If someone makes an accusation to the police it has to be followed up.
You do know, of course, that the police, (higher ups not the everyday folk), have covered up child abuse many times over many years for many people?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:18 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:People really need to move on from this shit.

I'm sure if you had been abused and it had destroyed your life and the perpetrator was still out there living the life of riley, you wouldn't think that.

Who says anyone's life was destroyed? When was this accusation made, and how is anyone going to prove anything after all this time?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

Who says anyone's life was destroyed? When was this accusation made, and how is anyone going to prove anything after all this time?

You what!   If someone has been abused it effects them for the rest of their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Sorry Eddie but i'm so pissed off with those who put my country down just because than can. Please put it in correct Thread.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:20 pm

nicko wrote:Tell you what, you can all get stuffed as far as I care.

Bigoted, self important  COLONISTS,   no one outside of this so-called Forum gives a fuck about your opinions,    take a good look around your own countries before putting down mine.

Quite right nicko, but I'd like to know who you were referring to. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You do know, of course, that the police, (higher ups not the everyday folk), have covered up child abuse many times over many years for many people?

I agree that they do, but questions have to be asked here.
Why only one person with an accusation?
Is there an ulteria motive here?
He has led a very closet lifestyle, which will make him suspect based on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:21 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You what!   If someone has been abused it effects them for the rest of their lives.

Whatever. I know people are probably rubbing their hands together in glee to to see yet another "celebrity" hounded.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:22 pm

Paul Ettinger wrote:
eddie wrote:

Investigation files relating to allegations of non-recent sexual abuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

Historic sexual abuse has been proved a lot in recent years.
Jimmy Saville would still be considered a national treasure Rolling Eyes if this wasn't the case Rags.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Also, why announce it in the press? They "might" prosecute him, but they don't know yet. Well wait until you do know instead of muck raking in the press.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 pm

sassy wrote:
Paul Ettinger wrote:

Investigation files relating to allegations of non-recent sexual abuse

From one person
You can have multiple offences you know

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Raggs, I was referring to Ben, Quill ,Veya and Wolf
and to any one else who thinks they are better than than the English!!!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Also, why announce it in the press? They "might" prosecute him, but they don't know yet. Well wait until you do know instead of muck raking in the press.

That, I can agree with.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Jimmy Saville would still be considered a national treasure Rolling Eyes  if this wasn't the case Rags.

And what of the ones where it wasn't proved? Freddie Starr? His life was ruined by this stupidity. If the CPS have something to say, they should wait until they have something useful to say.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:26 pm

nicko wrote:Raggs,    I was referring to Ben, Quill ,Veya  and Wolf
and to any one else who thinks they are better than than the English!!!!!

Which thread nicko?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Jimmy Saville would still be considered a national treasure Rolling Eyes  if this wasn't the case Rags.

And what of the ones where it wasn't proved? Freddie Starr? His life was ruined by this stupidity. If the CPS have something to say, they should wait until they have something useful to say.

I agree about the CPS...I also think the accused shouldn't be named by the police just to bolster their own ego's.

It was your sentence that "how is anyone going to prove anything after all this time" in regard to historic sexual abuse I didn't agree with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I agree about the CPS...I also think the accused shouldn't be named by the police just to bolster their own ego's.

It was your sentence that "how is anyone going to prove anything after all this time" in regard to historic sexual abuse I didn't agree with.

I bet they can't - it will be one word against another.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I bet they can't  - it will be one word against another.

It's more than that. But in any case every one deserves to be heard....if people shrugged off sexual abuse because it happened years ago many of the Muslim gangs who preyed on white kids would not now be in jail.
The BBC would still be the squeaky clean organisation everyone thought it was pre the 1960's where it's now obvious that people were too scared and cowardly to report the abuse of youngsters by it's "respected" stars.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I bet they can't  - it will be one word against another.

It's more than that. But in any case every one deserves to be heard....if people shrugged off sexual abuse because it happened years ago many of the Muslim gangs who preyed on white kids would not now be in jail.
The BBC would still be the squeaky clean organisation everyone thought it was pre the 1960's where it's now obvious that people were too scared and cowardly to report the abuse of youngsters by it's "respected" stars.

Have a greenie, spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 10, 2016 7:58 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

Have a greenie, spot on.

Thank you Sassy. Sir Cliff Richard file sent to Crown Prosecution Service 2385359624
Not to mention the politicians, Lords, teachers etc who thought they had gotten away with it.
The silence was deafening, and now it's not.
There will be some who sully the cause and jump on the bandwagon, but we have a fair legal system if and when these cases come to court.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Well I predict that nothing will come of it, and another man's life will be ruined because some people will say "no smoke without fire".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Did you say that about Rolf Harris or Max Clifford or Stuart Hall?   How about Gary Glitter?  Adam Johnson?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 pm

sassy wrote:Did you say that about Rolf Harris or Max Clifford or Stuart Hall?   How about Gary Glitter?  Adam Johnson?

I said it about Freddie Starr, and I was right.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well I predict that nothing will come of it, and another man's life will be ruined because some people will say "no smoke without fire".

I think the way the police have handled this case has been totally wrong.
I do agree that once a person has been named their life is forever diminished....and that cant be right.
They should remain protected unless the case is actually brought to court....just as the victim is.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue May 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Syl wrote:South Yorkshire police are obviously bent (think Hillsborough) and unprofessional as this case has proven.
They tipped off the news  that they were about to raid Cliff Richards home, and he found out about it the same time everyone else did....on the news.
They interviewd him almost two years ago.....casting aspersions on his otherwise blameless life, the person who first made charges remains ingocnito, as do anyone else who has jumped on the bandwagon.

He has not been arrested or charged with any wrong doing, but his life has been in turmoil since August 2014. Shame that a mans character and career so brilliant for decades has ended so sadly....IF he is innocent....and so far everything seems to point in the direction that he is.
Good points Syl. South Yorkshire police should be disbanded. Even if Richard is guilty I think they will struggle to get a conviction if it does get as far as court.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:South Yorkshire police are obviously bent (think Hillsborough) and unprofessional as this case has proven.

Good points Syl. South Yorkshire police should be disbanded. Even if Richard is guilty I think they will struggle to get a conviction if it does get as far as court.

They made a mess of it from the start.
It seems they have been more concerned in leaking info out to the public instead of addressing the people it actually concerns.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Perhaps they wanted to mess it up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well I predict that nothing will come of it, and another man's life will be ruined because some people will say "no smoke without fire".

Perhaps there isn't.
You can google Bruce Forsyth, one example, and see no links to accusations of indecent behaviour towards children or minors.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next