NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duggan Lawfully Killed

2 posters

Go down

Duggan Lawfully Killed Empty Duggan Lawfully Killed

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:47 pm

8th January 2014

Mark Duggan was unarmed when he was shot dead by police but was lawfully killed, an inquest jury has found.

The jury said they believed he had a gun with him in the taxi when police stopped the vehicle, but had thrown it over railings by the time the second, fatal shot was fired.

Screams and shouts of "rubbish" and "he was murdered" were heard inside London's Royal Courts of Justice as the verdict was delivered.

Some supporters of Mr Duggan stormed out of the courtroom, others had to be restrained, and a door was reportedly smashed in.

The family's lawyer said they were "in a state of shock" and called the outcome a "perverse judgement".

However, the jury of seven women and three men also said police had not done enough to collect and gather intelligence about claims Mr Duggan was collecting a gun on the day he was killed.

The 29-year-old was shot dead by armed police in Tottenham in August 2011, sparking rioting in London that eventually spread to other cities.

Police intelligence suggested Mr Duggan was a gang member involved in gun and drugs crimes and officers believed he had just collected a gun in east London.

A firearms officer shot him twice as he emerged from a minicab that police had forced to stop.

One bullet went through his arm, the other hit his chest and killed him.

http://news.sky.com/story/1192172/duggan-verdict-unarmed-but-lawfully-killed

Back to top Go down

Duggan Lawfully Killed Empty Re: Duggan Lawfully Killed

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:50 pm

I wonder if this will now spark off more riots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Costa wrote:I wonder if this will now spark off more riots?

The only ones who should be rioting are the good silent majority, who are forking out £millions in repairing London, prosecuting criminals, paying for lengthy inquiries for gangsters and their extended families who want to control parts of our capital city.

But it probably won't be - the silent majority will have to lock themselves up in their homes and wait for the animals to finish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:21 pm

Woeful decision made here I have to say and I have no doubt this verdict will be turned on appeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:24 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Woeful decision made here I have to say and I have no doubt this verdict will be turned on appeal

I was surprised myself.

As you say, another inquiry until the verdict is acceptable to certain communities.

Maybe an honour or two for the extended family...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Definitely will be appealed, as it was proven the gun could not have landed where it did if thrown out of the taxi. Why don't they tell the truth and clear it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:34 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

A brilliant,brilliant,brilliant decision by the jury.Justice has been done.

The only people who caused those riots were the creatures who surrounded the police station after Duggans death where they demanded answers when all they had to do was ask their community leaders to ask the police questions on their behalf.

They all knew what would happen when they descended on the police en mass....Riots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Just seen the latest news reports from the area, seems very tense, with people shouting 'no justice, no peace' outside the local police station when they are walking past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:13 pm

But it is justice - don't they believe in the rule of law?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Davis Lammy, the local MP, he was just on London news saying that things in Tottenham are very tense this evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:23 pm

If there are riots,I hope the police go in hard & kill as many of the rioters as possible.

Machine guns dozens....no hundreds of them dead.

I want to see pictures in the papers tomorrow with piles of dead rioters.....That will indeed be justice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Shouldn't his mother be in hiding?

She wouldn't want to be recognised in the street, would she? I wouldn't if i'd brought up a thug like him.

All those thugs rioting in support of someone who would gun them down in an instant if he thought there was a few quid in it for himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:02 pm

His family, standing outside the court, shout "no justice, no peace" then give the black power salute.

Oh dear - does this mean that until they get the result they want they will continue to "incite riots"?

And aren't they committing crimes by what they are doing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:29 pm

..One can understand their anger tbf.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Shady wrote:If there are riots,I hope the police go in hard & kill as many of the rioters as possible.

I want to see pictures in the papers tomorrow with piles of dead rioters.....That will indeed be justice.

And another step closer to the fascist state you so desire shady? or have you been on the old pop again?

Do you really think in an elitist fascist dictator ship there would be room for YOU..

If as you claim (and I see little reason so far to doubt it) you are/have been a member of our forces then I respect that and thank you for your service, BUT........you can be a right dick at times..... Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:35 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:But it is justice - don't they believe in the rule of law?

No it was NOT justice, it was a verdict..

I think it was a verdict that leads justice into question

begins to look like an official "trayvon martin" case

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:37 pm

Of course our wonderful police are NEVER in the wrong or carry out miscarriages of justice or wrongful acts do they? They never make mistakes or act too hasty like do they? they never conspire to cover up the truth if it goes against them do they

or do they???????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:51 pm

I fail to see how it can be justice when it was proven he could not have thrown the gun from the taxi and have it land where it did. The only way it could have got there is if it was planted.

It seems to me that the police would rather have more riots than actually put their hands up and tell the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Sassy wrote:I fail to see how it can be justice when it was proven he could not have thrown the gun from the taxi and have it land where it did.   The only way it could have got there is if it was planted.  

It seems to me that the police would rather have more riots than actually put their hands up and tell the truth.

http://news.sky.com/story/1192141/boris-wants-water-cannon-for-londons-streets

Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:36 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:48 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 am

Er ok back to reality
The jury has reached its verdict, it will be appealed and we shall see.

As for Duggan, you live by the sword etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:05 am

I've just heard that the Asst Commissioner was constantly spat at last night while he tried to address the media outside court.

Dirty, disgusting b4st4rds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 pm

grumpy old git wrote:
Shady wrote:If there are riots,I hope the police go in hard & kill as many of the rioters as possible.

And another step closer to the fascist state you so desire shady? or have you been on the old pop again?

Do you really think in an elitist fascist dictator ship there would be room for YOU..

If as you claim (and I see little reason so far to doubt it) you are/have been a member of our forces then I respect that and thank you for your service, BUT........you can be a right dick at times..... Rolling Eyes 

Me a dick? Have you read your own posts?.....Believe it or not,you do actually write those posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I've just heard that the Asst Commissioner was constantly spat at last night while he tried to address the media outside court.

Dirty, disgusting b4st4rds!

Now THAT is as you say, dirty and disgusting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Where there is no blame there is no claim

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Sassy wrote:I fail to see how it can be justice when it was proven he could not have thrown the gun from the taxi and have it land where it did.   The only way it could have got there is if it was planted.  

The Police cant tell the truth now can you just imagine what would happen if they did?

Karma is a b€€€€
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:34 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Woeful decision made here I have to say and I have no doubt this verdict will be turned on appeal
The guy was a known gangster known to carry weapons. Part of a major drug family. A total innocent. Don't think so.

A jury heard the evidence clearly you are better informed than them Didge.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:35 pm

As far as you lefties are concerned rather a thousand policemen fall at the hands of known criminals. If this guy was a clean skin a total innocent I would be with you on this he was far far from it.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:38 pm

Don't be as thick as you normally are. We live in a country with a rule of law. Most people are glad they do. If that rule now means that the police are allowed to shoot unarmed people offering no resistance, whatever their background, then we no long have a rule of law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:45 pm

Isnt there supposed to be a thing called "due process"??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:06 am

From a legal viewpoint i'm baffled that one of the questions they had to answer was whether they believed he had a gun in his hand - this means nothing (but does make those not in the know think the police have done something wrong).

The only question which needed to be answered was did the officer believe his or another persons life was in danger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

I nearly didn't bother with this thread as I knew the usual suspects would be spouting their 'expert knowledge' about a firearms incident.That's a firearms incident where a split second decision had to made by a firearms officer & not some computer nerd sat in the safety of their home.

So as it happens,I'm here with the guys & I asked them to read the comments on this thread & the others which mention the Duggan shooting & they supplied these unedited comments....And I do apologise for the language before hand.

Capn' Shady (No relation).'Why oh why do you bother with such idiots? They're civvies so they haven't got a clue'.

Billy Bones.'Stupid thick cunts.Coz they shot a rat in the cupboard with a .22 they reckon that's a firearms incident.Fuck off with your laptop Shady & stick it up your shaft'.

Mr.Gunner.'Fuck off Shady & don't bother me with crap.What would a fucking civvie know about a fucking firearms fucking incident.Dumb fuckers shit themselves when it snows a bit.Dumb fuckers shit themselves when it rains a bit.Dumb fucking civvies shit themselves at fucking anything but they're all fucking bastard cunting firearms experts.They watch a fucking poxy Rambo movie & they reckon they're Black Ops shit fuck whatever it's called'.

I do apologise again fellow posters for the bad language & I'm sure that I missed out several more profanities in Mr.Gunners reply but it was all bit too fast for me & I was pissing myself laughing.....But I guess that you get the point.

But Mr.G,who is a lovely chap did come out with one last point....a question in fact....& here it is.'Ask them Shady.Go on type into that fucking thing of yours.What would any of them have done if they were faced with the exact same situation? Because if they'd hesitated for even one second then the chances are they'd be dead'........(Followed by more comments along the lines of stupid civilains etc).

Following this I was invited where to go & what to do with my laptop.

Oh & here's my comments regarding the split second decision of a copper........Stupid fucking civvies.What the fuck would you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Split second decision? That's not what the evidence said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down