NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE E.U - post by Anon

+4
captain
Ben Reilly
Syl
eddie
8 posters

Go down

THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE E.U - post by Anon Empty THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE E.U - post by Anon

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 pm

This is by "anon" with permission. (Originally posted April 24th)
Saw it, thought it was pretty thought-provoking.

THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE UK

Of all the world's democracies The British voting public has to be the most niave, unsophisticated and amateurish when it comes to politics and voting.

the British public Bury their heads in the sand and moan bitterly about the government and the state of the country, the economy, immigration and EU interference etc etc

Yet despite this bitter moaning, every election the British public turn out to vote and then immediately vote for the exact same parties that leads to them moaning bitterly about pretty much everything.

The idea that a person will vote for labour or Conservative simply because "that's how they have always voted" or "they come from a labour voting household"  is not only mind-boggling stupidity of the highest order but truly worrying since it makes an absolute mockery of the Democratic process.

Added to that mess is the fact that generally the British are rather gullible, they seem to believe just anything and everything they are told no matter how illogical, improbably and unlikely.

all you need to con the niave British public is to wear a suit buy a podium off ebay and call yourself an "expert" tell folks how bad things will be if they don't do what you say, and hey presto you will have your own little cult hanging on your every word.

And the sad reason the British are so easily duped is not because they are stupid or a nation of halfwits(quite the opposite) it's because they don't care enough to engage in politics on a day to day basis and as a result are overwhelmed during the election campaigning period. Because of their apathy they are also easily scared into maintaining the status quo

it is fear not hope that dictates voting behaviour in this country

they also blindly trust the system and their leaders far too much and it's this trust which is so abused during the elections campaigns where we are Bombarded with lies and half truths, fingers pointing in all directions blaming anyone and everyone, the poor British voter has no idea who to Believe, and so they predictably resort to their default and "safe" voting position, much to the joy of the mainstream parties.

The British public is also very placid and avoids confrontation and "rocking of the boat". The British don't like making a scene and prefer the status quo, the quite life.

It's this apathy and susceptibility to fear mongering that project fear is tapping into and exploiting, project fear relies entirely on the fact that the British voters frustration at the status quo being a weaker force than their apathetic acceptance of the status quo, and that should they look set to change the status quo, a well place doomsday threat keeps everybody in line.

The average Brit has no idea what the eu is and cannot see the argument in its entirety, but is being bombarded with a argument that deals with the EU in small packages.

The British public is now at it most receptive and instead of giving them facts, project fear gives them lies and fear.

"we will have economic uncertainty "

"we won't be able to deal with terrorism"

These soundbites have become cornerstone arguments, but if you Ask any IN voter what this means and they will stare blankly, they simply have no facts to back up these soundbites, It won't stop them from voting to remain though.

Take the Obama intervention for example, he says that trade deals will be long in the coming and has kicked us to the back of the queue,pure project fear.

Many voters will be swayed by this argument because a man in a suit behind a podium on TV says that bad things will happen if they vote to leave.

The fence sitters won't look at the facts.

Obama is a lame duck president at the end of this presidency, he is on his way out and anything he says about trade deals is irrelevant since he won't have any input into any trade deals we make with the US in the future. We will be dealing with whoever wins the US election,  which won't be Obama.

Project fear is simply too effective a tool against the British public, fear of the unknown, fear of making a scene and rocking the boat.

Project fear knows very well that no matter how angry the British get?? When the pressure is on, the modern Brit will fold and do as he is told before slinking away with his tail tucked between his legs,his apathy proving stronger than his anger.

If you doubt this fact, look at something called a "hipster"  the modern Brit who needs counselling after reading about dead butterflies and requires a safe space to recover after an unpleasant encounter with real life.

It's a sad fact that The British are a conquered nation, broken and dismantled for decades, told they are no good and racist for thinking otherwise, the world's woes have been laid at the door of the UK and guilt has crippled the British peoples ability to progress.

We will stay in the eu because we genuinely believe the lies of project fear and the subliminal message that the british haven't got what it takes to stand on their own any more, has slowly but surely seeped through and being absorbed across the spectrum.

The british public will vote to stay because their fear of the known is less than their fear of the unknown.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE E.U - post by Anon Empty Re: THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE E.U - post by Anon

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:51 pm

I think we will stay in no matter how people vote. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE E.U - post by Anon Empty Re: THE UK WILL VOTE TO STAY IN THE E.U - post by Anon

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:56 pm

Hasn't remain been leading in the polls the whole time?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:13 pm

It depends on what you read Ben, and yes Syl, I agree.
We will stay IMO
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:30 am

Syl wrote:I think we will stay in no matter how people vote.  Wink

With you there.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:46 am

I though leave was currently ahead?

Regardless, if the public vote to stay it will be because they are not idiots. The entire media machine is pushing for exit it seems, at least in terms of newspapers and web pages. If the public see through anti-EU hate mongering they will make the right choice for the long term.

In spite of that, I feel that the OP is right in the British public stupidly voting for their own demise. After 5 years of Tory led coalition government that was hardly great, idiots opted to give full unrestrained power to the disgraceful Conservatives and buried the party that held them back from their worst excesses. A public that gives more power to a party that is damaging them is asking for trouble.

Voting inanely isn't only a problem of Brits however. America has chosen to vote between a serial liar and an almost schizophrenic moron.

It seems two of the world's greatest nations are teetering on becoming the laughing stocks of the world.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:36 am

" Serial liar and a schizophrenic loon"

Which is which?? lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:28 am

Haha, I was going with Hilary the liar and Trump the loon but any which way it works lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:32 am

Eilzel wrote:I though leave was currently ahead?

Regardless, if the public vote to stay it will be because they are not idiots. The entire media machine is pushing for exit it seems, at least in terms of newspapers and web pages. If the public see through anti-EU hate mongering they will make the right choice for the long term.

In spite of that, I feel that the OP is right in the British public stupidly voting for their own demise. After 5 years of Tory led coalition government that was hardly great, idiots opted to give full unrestrained power to the disgraceful Conservatives and buried the party that held them back from their worst excesses. A public that gives more power to a party that is damaging them is asking for trouble.

Voting inanely isn't only a problem of Brits however. America has chosen to vote between a serial liar and an almost schizophrenic moron.

It seems two of the world's greatest nations are teetering on becoming the laughing stocks of the world.

Describing the UK as one of the world's greatest nations is just asking for trouble Les - the Aussie contingent will be outraged.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:34 am

Les?  Was that on the right thread or am I missing something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:43 am

Where did this "anon" come from?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:43 am

How do you mean Sass?

Eds replied to a previous post where I compared the idiocy of the UK leaving the EU with the idiocy of America voting Clinton and Trump (the liar and the moron). I was responding to that Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:47 am

Yet despite this bitter moaning, every election the British public turn out to vote and then immediately vote for the exact same parties that leads to them moaning bitterly about pretty much everything.

That's quite an assumption. How does anon know that the people who were moaning bitterly are the same ones who voted for the party which was being moaned about?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:54 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

That's quite an assumption. How does anon know that the people who were moaning bitterly are the same ones who voted for the party which was being moaned about?

To me the OP sounds like an angry voter who obviously hasn't seen things go their way much lately. I feel for them, I was pretty gutted at the last GE and do not understand how the Conservatives won a clear majority...

But, they are bitter and are prematurely whinging about a result that hasn't happened yet.

I totally disagree on why they think we'll stay. First of all, I don't think we will, second, if we do stay then it stick two fingers up at the xenophobic press and will give me renewed hope in the British Electorate.

A vote to leave will give the Right Wing free run, unimpeded by the ECHR. Unless they agree to everything the ECHR says, in which case there is no point in leaving.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:56 am

Eilzel wrote:How do you mean Sass?

Eds replied to a previous post where I compared the idiocy of the UK leaving the EU with the idiocy of America voting Clinton and Trump (the liar and the moron). I was responding to that Wink

Missed that Les, that's why I was puzzled, fog lifted lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:57 am

Eilzel wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

To me the OP sounds like an angry voter who obviously hasn't seen things go their way much lately. I feel for them, I was pretty gutted at the last GE and do not understand how the Conservatives won a clear majority...

But, they are bitter and are prematurely whinging about a result that hasn't happened yet.

I totally disagree on why they think we'll stay. First of all, I don't think we will, second, if we do stay then it stick two fingers up at the xenophobic press and will give me renewed hope in the British Electorate.

A vote to leave will give the Right Wing free run, unimpeded by the ECHR. Unless they agree to everything the ECHR says, in which case there is no point in leaving.

Agree with every word of that!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:32 am

This is spot on though:

Added to that mess is the fact that generally the British are rather gullible, they seem to believe just anything and everything they are told no matter how illogical, improbably and unlikely.

all you need to con the niave British public is to wear a suit buy a podium off ebay and call yourself an "expert" tell folks how bad things will be if they don't do what you say, and hey presto you will have your own little cult hanging on your every word.

And the sad reason the British are so easily duped is not because they are stupid or a nation of halfwits(quite the opposite) it's because they don't care enough to engage in politics on a day to day basis and as a result are overwhelmed during the election campaigning period.
Because of their apathy they are also easily scared into maintaining the status quo

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:41 am

eddie wrote:This is spot on though:

And the sad reason the British are so easily duped is not because they are stupid or a nation of halfwits(quite the opposite) it's because they don't care enough to engage in politics on a day to day basis and as a result are overwhelmed during the election campaigning period.
Because of their apathy they are also easily scared into maintaining the status quo

There is something in that for sure. But that doesn't automatically equte to the point they make.

The section you quoted could easily be an argument about 'How the fuck did Cameron get elected AGAIN?'

It does not fit the EU argument. Many men is suits right now are standing up and saying 'We must leave', others are saying the opposite.

Take these forums for example. We all discuss politics all year round. Yet we all have much different views and reasons for them. The OP is saying "I probably won't get my way in June, no one else must care as much as me." Or worse, they are thinly veiling the fact anyone who doesn't vote how they want is stupid.

So yes, there is something in that bold section. But those points are not automatically followed by staying in the EU.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:07 pm

I don't think people are necessarily gullible, they just don't understand all the issues involved. Some of the issues re coming out or staying in are quite complex, and the man or woman in the street isn't going to follow them. I think for most people it's an instinct - generally based on whether they think we're being told what to do by the EU or not, and they will vote accordingly. Those who are worried about change will probably vote to stay in.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:20 pm

Vote lib/lab/con for more of the same.

Vote ukip for real change!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:21 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:44 pm

On the BBC 10 mins ago, leading economists say we will be better off by leaving, who do you believe?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:50 pm

I believe we can carry on trading with eu after we leave... and then we can trade with everyone else we choose to as well.

This is better for us.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down